Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

What do you drive?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,555 ✭✭✭DublinWriter

Anan1 wrote:
    My guess is it's too slow. I drove a new 320d recently, and was quite disappointed by its performance. Good car in every other way, though.

I just bought an 03 BWM 320d, quite a lot of poke for a Diesel, but not as much poke as the newer Audi A4 1.9TDi.

I've tried out Japanese Diesels (Nissan Primaras) and they drive like tractors. Takes about 5 minutes/ 1/2 a mile for the engine to heat up to start getting any sort of acceptable performance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Audi a6 1.8 se

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭Fey!

1998 BMW 520i SE m52tu with full AC Schnitzer kit, AC Schnitzer alloys, and a UUC shortshifter. Pictured below (only now the full kit is on!!). Love driving it. Cruise/Climate/etc.

Had an Accord Coupe and a Civic Coupe before it, but couldn't find a newer accord to compare in spec or comfort (did look at a Legend Coupe, but tax was crazy on it!)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,565 ✭✭✭maidhc

I've tried out Japanese Diesels (Nissan Primaras) and they drive like tractors.

That is a renault lump AFAIK.

Me; Ford Focus 1.8 TDCi 115ps

Also
    Ford Mondeo 1.8TD (general dogsbody car since I got Focus).
    NewHolland TS115 (tractor)
    Ford 4600x2 (tractor)
    Ford 4000 (tractor)
    Ford 550 (digger)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

1.6 Nissan Primera

Depending on what I'm doing at work I drive either a Discovery, Landcruiser, Transporter or Caddy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,985 ✭✭✭opus

'96 BMW 328i
    '00 Honda CBR600 (perfect for the current weather :))

• Registered Users Posts: 73,430 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Assorted Toyotas!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

My '92 Volvo 740 is still chugging along, about 196,000 miles on it :) Going great, no problems with it.

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

00 Seat Leon SE 1.4L

I love my car! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,323 ✭✭✭Savman

my car has 4 wheels and an engine ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭kc66

2001 Volvo S40 1.8SE. Very comfortable, loads of extras, fuel efficient.
    Recently sold 1991 E30 BMW 318is. I want to buy it back when I afford it. Or an E30 M3.

• Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭Hotwheels

159 JTDm 1.9 16V:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 155 ✭✭mmenarry

My daily driver and weekend toy. Wouldn't have it any other way :p

healey_pass_wet.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,760 ✭✭✭omega man

02 1.8T VW Passat with an Upsolute remap 192BHP, great car. Last car was a Leon Cupra TDI which i miss but i have ordered an Octavia vRS so looking forward to that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭bogmanfan

A 2001 Audi A2 1.4. Pine green (ready very, very dark green) with Sky Roof. I've had it a week and absolutely love it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,223 ✭✭✭Archeron

No offence lads but Audi A3 (1.6) and Pug 307 van (TD) are neither "nippy" nor "very fast" in relative terms.

QUOTE]
    :D:D Fair point. I should have added "for what its used for"

• Registered Users Posts: 4,760 ✭✭✭omega man

Big Nelly wrote:
    Somethign similiar, 02 1.9TDi 130Bhp Highline Passat, headed seats, cruise control etc on it. And yes they are fast as fcuk:D

Very average performance lads. With a remap it will give decent performance
    for a big diesel. good engine all the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

Anan1 wrote:
    My guess is it's too slow. I drove a new 320d recently, and was quite disappointed by its performance. Good car in every other way, though.

You were disappointed in 163Bhp? Wow. I know it's not 200 brake, but it is the most powerful diesel in it's class ...

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭sneakyST

Focus ST 2.5T

• Registered Users Posts: 22,818 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

ned78 wrote:
    You were disappointed in 163Bhp? Wow. I know it's not 200 brake, but it is the most powerful diesel in it's class ...

I was surprised myself! Unless the car I drove was a little off-colour, although it was a dealer demo? It felt more like 120bhp to me.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,691 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

The 330d flies however. Jenson Button got caught doing 140mph (?) odd in one.

• Registered Users Posts: 639 ✭✭✭funnyclub

I currently drive a EvoVII and it tuned to approx 360bhp.

Carstuff646.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 616 ✭✭✭BnA

I currently have 3 cars

I am currently running (taxed and insured on) an 02 MZ ZS. I have it about a year and have done about 20k on it. It is a lovely car to drive. Good tight handling. Very good on petrol for a 1.8. Looks good in black with MG alloys. But I have had it a year now and I am sick of it. It's for sale (but am finding it very hard to sell)

I also have a Corrado that I brought in from England. It's the 2 litre 8 valve which is the slowest Corrado you can get but is also the most reliable engine and the easiest to insure. It is driving well. Needs one or two paint touch ups but that's about it. If I got the MG sold I would register it and drive it every day. But I would also sell it as it is if someone wanted it.

I also have a Saab 93 Turbo Coupe. It is a 2 litre Rocket with a serious serious drink problem. Handling isn't as tight as the other two. One place that this car wins hands down over the other two though is inside. It is just so comfortable. Also for sale...!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,523 ✭✭✭Traumadoc

911 carrera
    merc 270 ml
    mits space runner

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

2002 Hyundai Coupe fx 1.6. Would have liked the 2 litre one but nobody will quote me on anything over 1600cc. Very happy with it all the same. Not as economical as my old 1.25ltr fiesta but a hell of a lot more comfortable and much prettier.
    Before the fiesta i drove a 125cc Yamaha Virago. 0-60 in about 5 minutes but damn cheap to tax and insure, and very forgiving to ride.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭darragh o meara

Daily drives:

Peugeot 206 gti 2.0 litre 140 bhp (for sale incidently)
    Subaru legacy 2.0 litre turbo 4wd 270bhp

It all depends which is easiest to get out of the driveway and which one has petrol...

Others:

Ford Ka rally car 1.3 litre and 105bhp
    Subaru Legacy RS(Rally Spec) 380bhp 2.0ltre turbo 4wd running an impreza sti engine and box.. Loud as hell and a pure alcoholic on petrol!!!:D
    Mercedes Vito for towing the rally car

• Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Fozzie Bear

Just bought a 2002 Audi A4 1.9tdi, the 130bhp version. It is a fantastic car, loads of poke and fuel economy is unbelivable. I had a 98 1.4 Golf before. Delighted with it! Total novalty at the mo. I go driving in the evening even though i have no where in particular to go, but who cares! It's costing me peanuts!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

thanks to insurance and being a student, i'm still on a 03 ford focus 1.4, its for sale if anyone wants it, i need(want) something more powerfull

• Registered Users Posts: 7,482 ✭✭✭RE*AC*TOR

'01 Navy Opel Agila 1.0L

FTW!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 333 ✭✭Funxy

My pride and joy, Lotus Elise 111r :D

lotus27mi.jpg

Advertisement