Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

What do you drive?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭GarH

TheBazman wrote:
    Nissan 350Z - fantastic car, however due to an extension in the family will soon have to be sold for something a little more practical

You mean you can't put a baby seat into a 350Z? :D

Anyways, I drive a '96 Integra Type R.
    Brilliant car, great fun to drive... but very stiff suspension.

Hoping to get an BMW M3 next

• Registered Users Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭zuutroy

1991 Toyota Sera. Never a bother with it and it's 15 years old. Thinking of an E34 M5 in the near future

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭andrew_ireland

That has lamborghini style doors doesn't it?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭Squirrel

1997 Nissan Micra 1 litre, wine red in colour. :o

It's a 3 door and some little scumbags snapped off the rear windscreen wiper a while back. Only trouble it ever gave was the clutch going on it, and when my brother went into the back of a Range Rover, bonnet was repaired and a new set of headlights and it's fine.

That has lamborghini style doors doesn't it?

A comment like that will incur the wrath of Sera owners! I think the preferred term is 'dihedral doors' as they lift both up and in, a mixture of gull wing and lambo. McLaren and Ferrari acknowledge it as the basis for the F1 and the Enzo

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭Big Nelly

pa daly wrote:
    01 VW Passat 130 Bph Highline. Leather interior, Full chrome bumper trim exterior. Fast as f**k

Luvs it!!!

Somethign similiar, 02 1.9TDi 130Bhp Highline Passat, headed seats, cruise control etc on it. And yes they are fast as fcuk:D

zuutroy wrote:
    A comment like that will incur the wrath of Sera owners!

Sorry!;) Saw a photo of one with the doors open, looks pretty cool- bet it's a real head turner!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,764 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

PaulOH wrote:
    Indeedy, or two cement mixers like in my Octavia which has to be sooo much car for your money.

Yeah - I own an Octavia aswell (missus drives it). I didn't want to brag.

Sorry!;) Saw a photo of one with the doors open, looks pretty cool- bet it's a real head turner!

It is, but after 2 years, it sometimes gets a bit headwrecking having little scummers coming up : 'Heeyaw Mistaw, how much did dem dowars cost....dats deeeaaddllyy'
    Oh and the struts to hold them open are well worn, and they cost €300 to replace.

TheBazman wrote:
    Nissan 350Z - fantastic car, however due to an extension in the family will soon have to be sold for something a little more practical

Could you not keep the car and just a roof-rack to fit it?:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 254 ✭✭sandyg

I have my new Punto Grande dynamic which i adore and most extras as standard compared to my other halfd new volkswagen passat tdi comfort line and between us we have a year old kentucky camp motor home which is used every weekend.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,239 ✭✭✭Gilgamesh

own a '98 Subaru Impreza 2.0 Turbo Sportswagon.
    flatmate has taken it to germany to get the last mods done and the clutch replaced, also got power test done, is hitting at 287bhp.
    after increasing the turbo pressure to 1.4 bar the Torque is amazing, it's like a Bull is kicking you in the chest, 0-100 kph in 4.9 seconds.

love this car

• Registered Users Posts: 2,261 ✭✭✭kdevitt

Currently - 1989 BMW 325i SE & 2000 BMW 328ci

328ci is for sale though - if sold I'll go for a Boxster, NSX or M3... if not I'll fiddle around with ther 328ci a bit more.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,764 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

A good oul reliable 1997 Mondeo 1.6 LX.

She's a grand oul thing, served me well, Guts of 120k miles put on her in the last 5-6 years. A few little issues starting to crop up, front wishbones need to be done and suspenion struts need to be replaced.. apart from that, still getting 500 miles out of a tank of petrol on country driving and its nice and steady on the motorway cruising at 70+.

Would love a new car, but with this one parked up outside the house 4 days a week as I bus it to work (not worth it driving in Dublin city traffic), its kind of a waste of money and I've better things to be spending €20k - €30k on, like kitting out my house. :D

Oh I've test drove about 20 different cars but common sense prevails every time when i sit down and do the math!!! :rolleyes:

I've also got a 1971 Beetle 1300 at home, sitting in storage waiting for me to get the cash together to have her restored back to her former glory!!

Tox.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,084 ✭✭✭dubtom

For work a 96' Toyota camry 2.2 td jap import, great car.
    For play a 72' Ford Mustang, 351 cleveland V8, thats 5.8 ltr.
    http://img212.imageshack.us/img212/5220/img44772eh.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭prospect

2005 Alfa Romeo 147 1.9Mjet 150Bhp.

Black.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,390 ✭✭✭ando

Cupra R can go a bit however.

bloody sure she can :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,890 ✭✭✭embee

99 Toyota altezza rs 200
    06 bmw 520d
    00 partner van

god the bmw is crap

note to self log out of gf's account - Elexes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 465 ✭✭Kermitt

02 Golf Comfortline - It's my baby and hauls me over many many miles (30k a year) Really comfortable car, I just wish the anti roll bar bushings didn't wear!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭tred

03 2.0 TDCI 130 PS Mondeo GHIA X. Fully loaded. Leather interior. 2 years of zero trouble. Love driving it. She takes off like a bullet.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

I drive a Toyota Celica VVTI-190. I love it

• Registered Users Posts: 51,162 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

2003 Toyota Avensis 1.8 litre VVTi Luna 4 door, Stella Blue with 87k miles on the clock from new. Was thinking of trading up this year but moving house instead. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,462 ✭✭✭TheBazman

GarH wrote:
    You mean you can't put a baby seat into a 350Z? :D

Anyways, I drive a '96 Integra Type R.
    Brilliant car, great fun to drive... but very stiff suspension.

Hoping to get an BMW M3 next

Cant turn off the passenger seat airbag unfortunately. An M3 would be nice but there doesnt seem to be too many 2004/2005 models for sale. Also I've heard that servicing costs are quite expensive

• Registered Users Posts: 6,462 ✭✭✭TheBazman

embee wrote:
    99 Toyota altezza rs 200
    06 bmw 520d
    00 partner van

god the bmw is crap

note to self log out of gf's account - Elexes

Why do you say the BMW is crap?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,818 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

TheBazman wrote:
    Why do you say the BMW is crap?

My guess is it's too slow. I drove a new 320d recently, and was quite disappointed by its performance. Good car in every other way, though.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

97 Renault Safrane 2.5. 84k.

most comfortable car ever. I love it. Heated electric leather seats with "ergonomic pack" (5 switches that control inflatable pockets in the seats)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭Max_Damage

Currently a 1990 Nissan Micra 1.0L

NCT is due at end of this month, and if it fails on exhaust emissions (it burns oil like no tomorrow), then I'll be changing car.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭fuzzywiggle

01 Peugeot 206. She's me dandy

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,108 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

98 Spec Honda Integra type R. Great ol bus altogether. Handles like a dream. It's about the best FW drive car I've ever driven and I've driven most of the rivals, old and new, good fuel consumption(if you ease up on the loud bits), Great seats, Good boot space, fantastic engine(when it sings at 9000 RPM you damn near wet yourself:D )and it'll never die being a Honda. Intend to keep this one for a while. It's the definition of a drivers car, for a FWD anyway.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭Mickk

Black 02 Hummer H2 and a dark purple Volvo 850 T5 2.3L Turbo

Advertisement