Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Model Shops in Ireland ?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,516 ✭✭✭✭vectra

Plug wrote: »
    Our little Polish freind has bad English and dosen't really know what to call it. I think its one of these.

Could he maybe take a photo of the part ??

• Registered Users Posts: 9,248 ✭✭✭Plug

vectra wrote: »
    Could he maybe take a photo of the part ??
    Were going to have to organise something. This is only taking the piss at this stage.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 3,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭coolwings

A COLLAR is a steel cylinder with a locking grubscrew in one side to retain it on an axle.
    eg Used for keeping wheels on steel rod.
    Like tghis:
    dub243.jpg

A COLLET is a steel cylinder with vertical cuts into it. When a hex nut or similar is screwed over it - it changes size and becomes smaller in diameter.
    eg Used for holding drill bits in a rotating drill.

Like these:
    toolb003.jpg
    HP-ADAP-30S.jpeg

You can get collars at GreenHobbyModel with the following internal diameter:
    2mm, 3mm, 4mm, 5mm and maybe 6mm.

If it a collet, The only places in a model car I can think of they occur is the 5mm shaft on the engine, and in some cars - the wheel mountings. These would be probably specific to the make of car.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 Edwired

that was the piece the ring with the locking nut bloody hell i rang a few model shops around and they havent a clue what i mean anyway thanks for the tip

hey everyone i ordered the engine and the pipe with manifold. Right one main question is what the differents with 3 ports, 5 ports, 5+2 by pass ports, and 7 ports??? are they differents in power bands like low end torque, high end torque or whatsoever???? thanks:confused:

• Advertisement

Edwired wrote: »
    hey everyone i ordered the engine and the pipe with manifold. Right one main question is what the differents with 3 ports, 5 ports, 5+2 by pass ports, and 7 ports??? are they differents in power bands like low end torque, high end torque or whatsoever???? thanks:confused:

I have a feeling more ports are for a more open track which need higher revs and speed
    Less Ports produce higher torque at lower revs for shorter tracks.
    Correct me if i am wrong Coolwings :D

What did you buy in the end ??

i say ur right about it mate.

I got this

Go Technology .21 3 Port Sport Engine
    Specifications:
    Maximum power:
    2.60 hp
    RPM: 31,000 rpm
    Practical RPM Range: 6,000 - 37,000 rpm
    Bore: 16.26mm
    Stroke: 16.80mm
    Crankshaft: 14mm SG
    Glow Plug Type: Standard
    Exhaust Type: Rear

for the price of $114.99

and the exhaust

Thunder Tiger 3-Chamber EFRA 2035 Tuned Pipe (Long) w/Manifold
    for $46.99

that about €140

what u tink??

i got it from amainhobbies.com nt bad bargin i say

good enough deal.

:) ah thanks it be with me hoply next week :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 lotus791

if you had looked here
    http://www.s-m-d.co.uk/jbr-019-pp1-go-3-port-pi-802-pipe-set-i553.html

it would have been less and or any hobby shop in ireland could have got it for you ........smd keep all engine parts for the go range as they are the importer for the uk

• Advertisement

yea i know what u mean but the cost of them from .21 upwards the dead cost of €200 to €500 i dont have that kind of money these days i prefer to order them from america cos the cost of them ar half of what they ar in ireland :)

Looks good Edwired.

@ Lotus791.. Thats some deal :eek:
    Didnt spot that one :rolleyes:
    I must be slipping in my old age :D

hey guys got my engine and pipe in last night and boy it massive in like the one in a monster trunk. it damn sweet have to get a couple more parts for it soon like pull starter, one way bearing set, t start axle, and t axle connective set from amainhobbies.com:) :):):):)

hey everyone where can i find a 1:scale bodyshell for my protech car
    :eek:

hey everyone where can i find a 1:scale bodyshell for my protech car
    :eek:

What scale?
    1/10 ? 1/8 ?
    190mm ~ 200mm ?:confused:

it a 1:6 scale my mistake on my last message

it a 1:6 scale my mistake on my last message i tink i uploaded my pic of my rc car

it a 1:6 scale my mistake on my last message i tink i uploaded my pic of my rc car

cool to have it going

it a 1:6 scale my mistake on my last message
    Looks like a 1/8 scale car. 1/6 sacle are usually petrol not nitro.

• Advertisement

Measuer the wheelbase and track ;)

i noticed the car by the manual it said 1/6 scale and gas powered. i know the wheel base is 400mm that all i know about the chassic

Length: 630mm, Width: 305mm, Height: 210mm, Wheelbase: 400mm, Weight: 3800g

this is the web site that i have the chassic http://www.phillsmodels.com/acatalog/index.html?http%3A//www.phillsmodels.com/acatalog/Online_Catalogue_4WD_Cars_282.html&CatalogBody

but the engine is not the same cos i got the new one with a proper pipe :p:p:p

hi everyone im looking for a part and it is called start axle long and the part number is 28-1229 can anyone to be able to track it down for me thanks. websites helps thanks again :):):)

hey everyone i found one of the website that sell the go engine parts it www.nitrotek.co.uk it an ok site but found the list of go engine that sell part for my engine

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 3,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭coolwings

Nitrotek? Have a look through past threads.

hey everyone i manage to find a manual and spare parts list for my Kyosho Pure Ten Gp Alpha 2. i been looking for it for ages cos my brother was building it up till most of the parts went missing.

the website u guys should check out and it free to download and to keep

www.rcdocuments.com

it nearly covers rc cars from few years ago to today i tink

im thrilled to get that Kyosho Pure Ten Gp Alpha 2 car going soon :):):):):):):):)

Thats a handy site alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭mondeo

As a new modelist I found it very difficult to find anything priced reasonably here in Ireland. I saved over a 109euro buying from the UK including an uprated engine and p&p. They had a good laugh on the phone with me when they heard the cheapest price I could find over here on my Tamiya...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 ouldhand

Modelshack is in Ballymena, County Antrim so it's very accessible - well established, and must be the biggest rc control Model Shop in Ireland.

They can ship anything to anywhere in Ireland, including fuel.

But well worth a visit, just to see what's there! :)

www.modelshack.com

With GBP and Euros the way they are, you get great value just now!

EDIT: A later post in the thread indicates this model shop is now closed. Mod

Advertisement