Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Model Shops in Ireland ?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,248 ✭✭✭Plug

That would of getting you a few gallons of nitro fuel:p

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 3,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭coolwings

vectra wrote:
    Plus it was double the price for faster shipping.. :mad:
    I could have saved around $60 :eek: ....
    Plug wrote:
    That would of getting you a few gallons of nitro fuel:p
    Not with the golden imported juice Vectra puts into his beloved engine, Plug.
    It would only get one gallon of that wonderful stuff ! :p

:eek: 60 fu(king euro for a gallon of fuel, its not rocket fuel by any chance?

I assume it must be!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,516 ✭✭✭✭vectra

Dont be getting excited now boys and girls.. :o

I havent even opened those cans of Loonie-juice yet :D
    I am saving that stuff for when project Revo hits the ground.. Then I am hoping that it will be difficult to keep the front wheels down :D

• Advertisement

You might want to invest in a wheelie bar and a longer chassis;) Do you do big jumping with the revo?

Wonder which will stay down more... the front wheels or the credit card ;)
    Methinks they're both fairly hopping !

Are you trying to do a "misbehavin revo" or something:cool:

vectra wrote:
    ....when project Revo hits the ground.. Then I am hoping that it will be difficult to keep the front wheels down :D
    We will, of course, expect video coverage to keep us up to date :-)

coolwings wrote:
    We will, of course, expect video coverage to keep us up to date :-)

Will be doing a photoshoot as the rebuild goes.

Misbehavin Revo.. Hmm. well.. Thats what started this off but it will not be a copy of his one.:D

Wheelie bar?
    well I was gonna strap my wallet to the front to keep it down but I dont think it would be much use now :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

vectra wrote:
    Wheelie bar?
    well I was gonna strap my wallet to the front to keep it down but I dont think it would be much use now :rolleyes:
    If you didn't pick that sh!te shipping method you'd be allright:rolleyes: :D
    Just use a brick instead;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 Steve_TcK

Its a shame there are no race tracks in Inishowen would be nice to have a bash some time.

looks like ill be going for the ACME CONQUISTADOR http://www.nitrotek.co.uk/A3003T.htm

Ah....why not a revo or something fast:cool: Good price tbh 231.84 EUR:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭pgdavy

Has Noel Barret got a website?

I can't seem to find one.

Anyone know the address/phone number for this place?

Cheers,

pgdavy

• Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭syl77

Try
    http://indigo.ie/%7Enbarrett/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭SLIM19198

• Registered Users Posts: 1,043 ✭✭✭2 Espressi

SLIM19198 wrote:
    C:\Documents and Settings\>ping www.noelbarrettmodels.com
    Ping request could not find host www.noelbarrettmodels.com. Please check the nam
    e and try again.

[EDIT]looks like it's back again...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭SLIM19198

Are you questioning my googling skills :O ;)

Cheers lads!

Are there any shops over here dealing with Thunder Tiger?

Does anyone have a Thunder Tiger ER-1?

pgdavy wrote:
    Cheers lads!

Are there any shops over here dealing with Thunder Tiger?

Does anyone have a Thunder Tiger ER-1?

THE ONLY AGENTS I CAN FIND ARE IN NORTHERN IRELAND

Contact the guys over at NAVAN NITRO NUTS

They run quite a few Thunder Tigers and have been in contact with TT themselves for some sponsorship.

Hope this helps. ;)

• Advertisement

Nice one Vectra!!!

I'll investigate over the weekend!!

Cheers,

pgdavy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 510 ✭✭✭dts

So after my great dealings with Benracing-rc I would say give him a try. The website is benracing.co.uk but things he lists on ebay are cheeper.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭G Luxel

pgdavy wrote:

I can't seem to find one.

Anyone know the address/phone number for this place?

Cheers,

pgdavy

Not sure of the phone number but the address is I2 Washington street west, across from Burgerland (now called something else....) there is a block of shops in the one old victorian building. There is usually a model helicopter or RC car in the window.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭tallus

If you click the "contact" tab on his site there's a phone number there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 hi boy

Hi model people,

I'm looking to build scale war bird but have a problem,
    there are many kits out there and dont know which one to get, and
    most of these are ARF. I also have scale plans but nervous that
    it will consume loads of time, it could be very good plane or simply
    dier. :confused: :eek:

any advice.

P.S.Is there other boards for modelers.

The Green Hobby&Model shop in Harolds Cross Dublin is very good, sound advice and have a suprising amount of stock, everything you need is there.:)

HI boy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 lamron

tallus wrote:
    that was a mate of mine bought a nitrotekand posted on here about it, ended up having to hop it up majorly to get it to run right... not sure about the issues or the cooling head tho, he may not have run it enough to find out. If you absolutely positively have to find out I can call him.
    PS: when it went it was pretty fecking fast, and I have unedited video on this pc to prove it heh, I was surprised how fast it was and sounded nice too.

I too have had a very bad experience with this nitrotek company - they took my order 3 weeks before christmas and then mailed me friday before christmas to tell me that the left it too late to send to Ireland even tho they stated on their site that overseas orders we fine before the 10th we ordered on the 7th. The customer support were downright rude all they left out was 'stupid paddy' if you catch my drift . Out of principle I would advise people to not buy from this company. She actually said that she was happy that we were dissapointed we didnt get our christmas gift after we complained !!! buyer beware

• Registered Users Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭tallus

lamron wrote:
    I too have had a very bad experience with this nitrotek company - they took my order 3 weeks before christmas and then mailed me friday before christmas to tell me that the left it too late to send to Ireland even tho they stated on their site that overseas orders we fine before the 10th we ordered on the 7th. The customer support were downright rude all they left out was 'stupid paddy' if you catch my drift . Out of principle I would advise people to not buy from this company. She actually said that she was happy that we were dissapointed we didnt get our christmas gift after we complained !!! buyer beware
    Jaysus that's horrible to hear Lamron, and it's hard when you're dealing with people who are based abroad. At least in Ireland you can usually go to the shop and talk face to face.

• Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭syl77

Hi boy
    Great planes/Top Flite do a nice Spitfire MkIX 1/7. However, it may not be aimed at the entry level for builders (if its ur first build) and is intermediate for flying skills.

Also recommend http://www.rcuniverse.com as an other forum for modellers’.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 Edwired

hey everyone i have a major issue that i have a protech sx-21 engine. the piston, crankshaft and the the connecting rod have smashed to pieces. and i have a few pages with parts number from protech site. now my problem is the parts im looking for ar hard to find?!?!?!?

can anyone help me on this one thanks alot

• Advertisement

Edwired wrote: »
    hey everyone i have a major issue that i have a protech sx-21 engine. the piston, crankshaft and the the connecting rod have smashed to pieces. and i have a few pages with parts number from protech site. now my problem is the parts im looking for ar hard to find?!?!?!?

can anyone help me on this one thanks alot
    Best thing you can do now is just buy a new 21 engine, a better one and it will end up cheaper.

Advertisement