Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Absolutley Sick

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,754 ✭✭✭ianmc38

Thats one of the most disgusting things i've ever seen in my life.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Kazaanova

This is the only time I've ever been in favour of the death penalty. I wouldn't of been had I not seen the video. I think it was a great move releasing the video, because without it people would always be thinking it was a fight, argument etc. I know I would of, because had I not seen the video I would not of believed any creature could be that cold blooded.

Scum like that should just be wiped out as quickly as possible, forget about suffering, just wipe them out and forget they ever existed.

What are the knife laws in England and Ireland? I think any sad bastard who carrys a knife should get no less than 10 years in prison, no exceptions.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,413 ✭✭✭chupacabra

Ok firstly, forget your death penalty, it doesnt exist in Britan and is faaaaaaar too leanient a punishmet for these wastes of oxygen, NOW!! what I! would do iiiiiis, put them in a prison of convicted gay rapists and spread a rumour that these 2 guys are lonley and looking for some intense lovin, and I would hope that by the time the poor family of the guy who was murdered finally get back to living their lives that these guys would be incapable of sitting down (due to the fact that the only thing left down there is a massive Black hole after the seeing too they would get.)

I mean stop me if im being irrational here, and im being serious I aint making a Joke out of this, It truly sickens me to see this bull happening anywhere. My own hometown of Tralee has gotten somewhat rough in the past few years and of course me being the innocent boy I am prone to making the odd criticism of our Gardai and our saftey but this is too much.

I need to move to my own little island where the only unlawful deed perpetrated is maybe me letting off a fart now and again.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭Ri_Nollaig

that really made me feel sick and whats worse, they will probably not get much of a prison sentence

• Registered Users Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

Im actually quite shocked.
    I hope they rot in prison.

Id say the cameraman was quite shocked aswell.

Bastards.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,020 ✭✭✭mang87

tallus wrote:
    Don't Lump us all in with those scumbags

Indeed. If they're counted as being part of the human race, I'm starting my own.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

Sparky-s wrote:
    twas cctv i believe

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭padi89

Typical of a bunch of scumbags,they are great in groups but get one on their own its a different story.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,082 ✭✭✭Tobias Greeshman

That is horrific to watch, those f***ing scumbags deserve to have the sh1t beat out of them in prison, where they can rot for the rest of their lives.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

Sparky-s wrote:
    Im actually quite shocked.
    I hope they rot in prison.

Bastards.

Its security camera footage.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,443 ✭✭✭✭bonkey

Kazaanova wrote:
    I think any sad bastard who carrys a knife should get no less than 10 years in prison, no exceptions.

network engineers, carpet layers, woodworkers etc. of the world take note. Your time has come. No fear though....with my trusty Swiss Army doohickey, I'll soon be joining your ranks. No exceptions, remember.

Personally, what I find most disturbing about this whole affair is the number of people who see and even encourage any sort of "eye for an eye" vengeance as the appropriate solution.

Unprovoked monstrosity is bad, but "retaliatory monstrosity" is just fine, eh? Or maybe its just "State-sponsored monstrosity" that we should be saying yes to?

Either which way, you'll have to forgive me if I don't think society would be enriched or improved by adopting such monstrous solutions.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭tallus

Bonkey: I think you'll find that he meant any Bastard who carries a knife with the specific intent of injuring another human being.
    It's hard not to react after seeing such graphic footage.

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭robz150

Absolutely Horrible

Wtf is wrong with these people?

• Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭TheBlock

That was sick....these aren't your average run of the mill scumbags. You can see they are walking through the centre just having a laugh and as soon as they see the guys the whole athmosphere goes black...These guys are really evil people.

Can you imagine if you had been walking your otherhalf home? Or worse one of your family had been unfrotunate enough to be " In the wrong place at the wrong time":(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,891 ✭✭✭Kersh

That video has provoked the most angry emotion I have ever felt. EVER. I just cant comprehend it, why that young lad lost his life due to such a random act... :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭bking

The worst part is that Dublin is getting more like this all the time. I couldn't use the link above, but found an alternative at http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/news/news.html?in_article_id=387857&in_page_id=1770&in_page_id=1770&expand=true

Absolute scum

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭pbsuxok1znja4r

bonkey wrote:
    network engineers, carpet layers, woodworkers etc. of the world take note. Your time has come. No fear though....with my trusty Swiss Army doohickey, I'll soon be joining your ranks. No exceptions, remember.

Personally, what I find most disturbing about this whole affair is the number of people who see and even encourage any sort of "eye for an eye" vengeance as the appropriate solution.

Unprovoked monstrosity is bad, but "retaliatory monstrosity" is just fine, eh? Or maybe its just "State-sponsored monstrosity" that we should be saying yes to?

Either which way, you'll have to forgive me if I don't think society would be enriched or improved by adopting such monstrous solutions.
    I pretty much agree. The only reason I would condone eye for an eye retaliation would be to send out a warning to other potential murdering scumbags. Only as a preventative measure. These guys are probably too ****ed in the brain one way or another to even care about the consequences though. Some people have so little to lose so as to be fearless.
    Pigman II wrote:
    And of course it was the weedy fúcker who couldn't throw a proper punch that was carrying the knife.
    Because throwing "proper punches" is in some way proper or honourable, I suppose :rolleyes: Is not being able to throw a proper punch supposed to be something to be ashamed of? Either way, they punched and they stabbed someone for no reason. All I can say is I wish it didn't happen and that it would never happen again. If there's one thing I hate in this world more than anything, it's street violence.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 834 ✭✭✭FillSpectre

Kersh wrote:
    That video has provoked the most angry emotion I have ever felt. EVER. I just cant comprehend it, why that young lad lost his life due to such a random act... :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:
    I hope you never get randomly attacked becuase after being stabbed for no good reason you tend to be a lot more angry. Don't forget the similar thing happened in Coolock except while the guy was fighting for his life the scum were ringing his girlfriend on the phone they stole from him.

I would love to hear what these guys were actually thinking in any regard. Obviously the crown decided they didn't intend to murder him so removed the charge of murder.

Death penality is ineffective as a deterant and may actually make people commit further crimes. If you are going to die for killing one person why not kill another. It cost a fortune to perform and defend. The only merrit can be the sense of justice for some people feel which if the family memebers don't feel doesn't sound great to me.

Long term imprisonmet isn't going to help if there is no rehabilitation or training. It is also very very expensive.

I don't know the solution but current enforcemnet and imprsionment isn't good enough. I don't care for such people but what we are doing doesn't work and physical punishment doesn't work either. Something else needs to be done. The only thing that reduces crime in fear of being caught not the punishment every study proves it time and time again.

tallus wrote:
    Bonkey: I think you'll find that he meant any Bastard who carries a knife with the specific intent of injuring another human being.

And how can you tell the difference? This is especially important when you make comments like "no exception".
    It's hard not to react after seeing such graphic footage.
    I never said it wasn't hard. I just suggested that I find the conclusion of the easy path (i.e. societally-driven monstrous retaliation) as loathsome as the act thats spurring all of this hatred.
    The only reason I would condone eye for an eye retaliation would be to send out a warning to other potential murdering scumbags. Only as a preventative measure.
    Can you show first that such extreme preventative measures are effective? Would you even accept that this should be the minimum requirement before entertaining such a suggestion?

We look at many places in the world and talk about their oppressive regimes. I'm sure much of that oppression could/can be/is justified as being "extreme preventative measures".

Hell, Britain got covered in CCTV and the public accepted it on the grounds that it may have been seen as intrusive and a loss of privacy, but at least it would make them safer. Less than 20 years on, the CCTV remains, only now instead of making us safer it supplies us with the brutal footage that spawned this thread so we can see firsthand how good a job it isn't doing.
    These guys are probably too ****ed in the brain one way or another to even care about the consequences though. Some people have so little to lose so as to be fearless.
    I won't speculate about whether or not you're correct, but I will ask you this. Shouldn't we be figuring out what is making them this way rather than how to stop them once they are this way??? Some have already dissed the liberal, lefty, tree-hugging view that blaming society is just a load of tosh and what we need to do is get medieval on their asses. But unless this is some new physical illness, then society is to blame.

I'm not suggesting these killers and thugs are just in need of a cuddle and should be allowed continue what they're doing as we blame ourselves. I'm simply suggesting that the opposite extreme - blaming them exclusively and mistaking "eye for an eye" retaliation with justice - should be equally unacceptable and is likely to be equally as ineffective.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

twas cctv i believe

There's still a cameraman, those cameras don't move themselves.

• Advertisement

I hope you never get randomly attacked becuase after being stabbed for no good reason you tend to be a lot more angry.

Do you?

I ask this because the wife of a very good friend of mine was almost stabbed to death some years ago while working as a social worker. Didn't make her a lot more angry.

Indeed, I know several people who've been involved in random street violence. Some were "only" beaten up. Some were stabbed or otherwise cut up. To a person, every one of them is far more aware of the risks to themselves, and are far more likely to run / defend themselves / be aware of their surroundings. Not one of them, however, would I say has become a lot more angry.

Maybe I just know the wrong people....but I'm wondering if you've anything more than anecdotal evidence to support this idea? If so, I'd be very interested in seeing it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,937 ✭✭✭fade2black

twas cctv i believe

That was some intelligent camera that knew exactly where point. These cameras are manned lads.

This is one of the sickest things I've ever seen and it stirs up intense feelings of hatred to the point where you really would love to get them alone in a room with a blo-torch and some pliers.

bonkey wrote:
    Can you show first that such extreme preventative measures are effective? Would you even accept that this should be the minimum requirement before entertaining such a suggestion?
    I'm not sure what you mean by minimum requirement. Let me clarify what I was saying; I don't condone eye for an eye retaliation, but if I did, it would only be with a view to sending out a message to other potential criminals. As far as that being effective goes, I'm not sure. Common sense would seem to suggest that it should deter people, but then you just see another act of violence regardless. The only way I can comprehend their total lack of regard for the consequences is by thinking that maybe they have nothing whatsoever to lose.

wrote:
    We look at many places in the world and talk about their oppressive regimes. I'm sure much of that oppression could/can be/is justified as being "extreme preventative measures".
    Yeah, quite right. Very good point. I guess you're getting into somewhat machiavellian territory with that, though, where perhaps the end doesn't justify the means. The sickness being better than the cure, etc. Maybe. It depends exactly how extreme the oppression is.

wrote:
    I won't speculate about whether or not you're correct, but I will ask you this. Shouldn't we be figuring out what is making them this way rather than how to stop them once they are this way??? Some have already dissed the liberal, lefty, tree-hugging view that blaming society is just a load of tosh and what we need to do is get medieval on their asses. But unless this is some new physical illness, then society is to blame.
    Yes, I agree. I think punitive measures obviously aren't working. I've been called a lefty and a bleeding heart liberal before for saying this, but I think the best solution is to prevent whatever deficiency in society is creating these people. Obviously all the current criminal scumbags should be removed from society, though.
    wrote:
    I'm not suggesting these killers and thugs are just in need of a cuddle and should be allowed continue what they're doing as we blame ourselves. I'm simply suggesting that the opposite extreme - blaming them exclusively and mistaking "eye for an eye" retaliation with justice - should be equally unacceptable and is likely to be equally as ineffective.
    Definitely, they are the problem but they are not entirely the root of the problem.

bonkey wrote:
    Indeed, I know several people who've been involved in random street violence. Some were "only" beaten up.
    I see what you're saying here and I agree. As much as knife violence sickens me, what sickens me even more is the vague idea people have that straight-up bare-knuckle violence is somehow more "ordinary, decent" crime. Hurting someone with your fist is every bit as bad as hurting someone with a knife.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

I see what you're saying here and I agree. As much as knife violence sickens me, what sickens me even more is the vague idea people have that straight-up bare-knuckle violence is somehow more "ordinary, decent" crime. Hurting someone with your fist is every bit as bad as hurting someone with a knife.

I don't know about you but I'd rather a few digs than a few stabs.

MrJoeSoap wrote:
    I don't know about you but I'd rather a few digs than a few stabs.
    Depends how many digs. Digs can kill. When I said that I didn't specify how much net harm caused.

bonkey wrote:
    Do you?
    Do I feel more angry?
    At the time yes it makes you very angry more so than watching it happen to other people on video.

After that you are aware of your surroundings as you said. THere are two things people can do wither a) move on b) get trapped in fear and anger.

Moving on is the healthy option. You know healthy people.

I will always think about my safety over hitting the person back. If I am forced to actively defend myself it is all just till I can get away. I will use anything at hand in any manner to defend myself on the assumption the person attacking me has no regard for my life.

Punishmnet still remains no deterant if they don't think they will get caught. I dislike the cops approach here about not doing anything on small things as they don't matter. If you get used to the idea the cops will doing nothing you will do more. Give an inch and they take a mile. If is like they don't read the information on crime prevention. Becasue we have low crime now they don't see preventing a society where it is allowable as the best idea.

Violence with a weapon is different as you can do more damage more quickly and have the other person at a disadvantage. Fist fighting is that bit more acceptable as people will have altercation and fight without the intent to actual be in a fight. If you carry a weapon your first intent is to harm the another person and with a knife it can be considered deadly intent just to walk out with one if you ask me.

The guy in Coolock for example went home and was looking for a knife and his brother let him go out with it. His brother should have been charged in my view

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭padi89

Id be all on for taking these fvckers out of society all together.Sending them to prison where they will serve too short a sentence and will be living the luxury that is prison these days is an joke and an insult.Hang'em for all i care ,a few less scumbags on the street.If you want to be all PC about fine, but im sure it would be different if its someone close to you.

• Advertisement

Violence with a weapon is different as you can do more damage more quickly and have the other person at a disadvantage. Fist fighting is that bit more acceptable as people will have altercation and fight without the intent to actual be in a fight. If you carry a weapon your first intent is to harm the another person and with a knife it can be considered deadly intent just to walk out with one if you ask me.

The guy in Coolock for example went home and was looking for a knife and his brother let him go out with it. His brother should have been charged in my view
    And what if you've trained or weight-lifted so as to be slightly more dangerous with your fists? Is it for defence or to cause harm? What if people want to carry a knife for protection? I think when someone hits someone unprovoked, the deady intent is there; knife or no knife.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement