Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Absolutley Sick

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

dubtom wrote:
    I'm not a news watcher, I thought by the video it was a beating, did that poor guy die because of this attack.I didn't realise he was stabbed.

I thought that as well until I read the story.

You cant see the knife in his hand. I just thought he was being taunted and prodded by the smaller scumbag.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭tallus

dubtom wrote:
    I thought by the video it was a beating, didn't realise the poor guy died. That is sick, honestly, we human beings are a sorry lot.
    Don't Lump us all in with those scumbags

They are not going to get huge sentences either..
    Sullivan and Onokah, both painters and decorators, were cleared of murder but convicted of wounding with intent and causing grievous bodily harm.

• Registered Users Posts: 431 ✭✭Omnipresence

The 17 year old who did the stabbing obviously has mental problems... no one who's of sound mind can stab someone multiple times without provocation

Hmm .. anyone seen the Prime Time show on this before...

There was a video that scared the ****e out of me simple cause I walk home passed there late at night...

Basically it must have been about 2/2.30 on a fri/sat night so loads of people around and also it was just outside the bank acroos from trinity so a fairly major junction... in terms of people/traffic cameras etc...

Anyways video clip is of a couple of guys walking along... and then one of another couple of guys just standing on inside the foot path just glasses on guy with a bottle....

COMPLETLY unprovoked.. SICK

I thought I was alright keeping my head down and walking home not bothering anyone... this showed me to stay well wide as you dont have to be drunk or messing to get attacked..

Scary stuff alright

-A

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

Jumpy wrote:
    I thought that as well until I read the story.

You cant see the knife in his hand. I just thought he was being taunted and prodded by the smaller scumbag.

Watch when he tries get behind the guy's mate.. he's reaching to his waistline for the blade, you can actually see the blade flash for a moment when he turns back to the guy he murdered.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,248 ✭✭✭Plug

Ah jesus christ that's no way to go on:mad: If I was the judge and had my own way, they be burnt at the stake. Anyone hear about a murder in kilkenny a while back the poor mother was stabbed about 30 time's and the c*nt left the blade in her head:eek: :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 794 ✭✭✭ChityWest

I saw this on the news last week - the guy who got stabbed a bunch of times survived (with a broken jaw etc ) - the one who got stabbed once and made it out of there - he was the one who died off camera. afair.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Sullivan and Onokah, both painters and decorators, were cleared of murder but convicted of wounding with intent and causing grievous bodily harm.

Eh why were they not charged with murder? They might have not meant (or maybe they did) to kill someone but when you use a blade on someone..well only the worst can happen. Just silly.

Because only one person stabbed them? the guy who initiated it only threw one punch and walked off he wasnt present when the stabbing occured by the look of it

it looks like the guy with the knife initially thrusts the knife at the guy who isnt lying prone on the ground, I think you can see the victim but his hand up to his ribs straight after. he then stabs the other lad repeatedly (the one the ground)

• Advertisement

They were both stabbed acc the bbc link in the first post - I remember the news at the time (sky) said something about how knife attacks are 'a lottery' in that one person can be stabbed repeatedly and survive and then another can be stabbed once seem to be ok and then later collapse and die. Sky could have got it wrong - or I might have heard them wrong as it was pretty shocking stuff to see and I wasnt really listening 100% to the commentary at the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,898 ✭✭✭kirving

I think that people who carry a knife on the street, have just one intention, if some scumbag stabs someone like that, in cold blood, the very same should be done to them. No question. How can a prison sentence(however long) equate to taking someones life.

• Registered Users Posts: 843 ✭✭✭PrettyInPunk

i think it was right to show it. definatly it is horrific god that makes me so sad that people can bring their children up and have them do something like that to another harmless person.desperate.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Throw that scum in prison for life and have them beaten every day while a crowd stands round them laughin.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

here's an idea. give them life imprisonment and as well as that give them a backpack with batteries etc that gives them powerful electric shocks at random intervals. 20 years of that and they'll be sorry

[history lecture]
    or we could bring back an old idea. prisoners used to be given a box with a handle. there was a counter built into the box that incremented when the handle was turned. each day the prisoners had to turn it a certain number of times and the wardens would come in every few days and tighten the screws making it harder to turn. that's where the term screw comes from
    [/history lecture]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 472 ✭✭Metacortex

I saw that on the news last week. It is horrific.
    I don't understand the mindset behind scum like that. I just totally fail to understand how they can just attack someone like that, totally unprovoked. These people are a plague on society and behaviour like that sickens me

• Registered Users Posts: 7,110 ✭✭✭Thirdfox

I can't believe the other guy (who was present when the 16 year old stabbed the defenceless person on the ground) was not convicted of murder either.

The video really shocked me, such mindless violence :( - but what was the cause? Are people just naturally such indecent, immoral savages or has it to do with external factors?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭4Xcut

Ag marbh wrote:
    They will suffer more spending life in prison

Depends on method of execution.......

Scumbags like that don't deserve to sponge a free home and 3 meals a day off the state for life.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭pork99

Metacortex wrote:
    I saw that on the news last week. It is horrific.
    I don't understand the mindset behind scum like that. I just totally fail to understand how they can just attack someone like that, totally unprovoked. These people are a plague on society and behaviour like that sickens me

This article might help you understand the "mindset" of perople like that;

http://www.city-journal.org/article01.php?aid=1371

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Anto McC

Im Speechless having watched that video!!

How the hell can a mans life be taken so easily!!!

Do we not value life anymore!!

:(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Cycling home from work today and 5 lads decided to beat the crap out of me and crack a rock bigger than me off my head. No more thn a 100 yards from my house, safe oul world eh :)

/head still hurts anyone any painkillers?

kdjac

• Registered Users Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

KdjaC wrote:
    Cycling home from work today and 5 lads decided to beat the crap out of me and crack a rock bigger than me off my head. No more thn a 100 yards from my house, safe oul world eh :)

/head still hurts anyone any painkillers?

kdjac

Oh for **** sake. What the **** is wrong with people? Hope you're alright boss.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 827 ✭✭✭Brian Capture

KdjaC wrote:

Were the attackers (a) rugger buggers or (b) skangers?

If (a) then no one will have any sympathy for them and will say 'throw the book at them'.

If (b) somebody (often someone with indymedia sympathies) will try and justify the assault based on the perpetrators' deprived upbringing / lack of opportunities etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,939 ✭✭✭pclancy

Im so sick of the world we live in right now. Sick of seeing rows start over nothing, people stabbing and shooting and kicking the crap out of each other for nothing, soliders marching around the world shooting each other etc etc.

Keep thinking I want to get the **** out of Ireland before it gets as bad as england but where in the world isnt that bad now?

Its all a mess.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭pork99

If (b) somebody (often someone with indymedia sympathies) will try and justify the assault based on the perpetrators' deprived upbringing / lack of opportunities etc.

Correct
    But the bourgeois intellectual needs to find reasons for his opinions: rationalization is, after all, his métier. And it isn't difficult for him to think up such reasons with regard to the police. Their function is, after all, to defend the social order: and since the social order is widely held to be responsible for the poverty of the poor, it follows that the police are in part responsible for that poverty. They are a part, not of the criminal justice system, but of the social injustice system.

The intellectual never acknowledges how much of his liberty he owes to the existence of the police—a humiliating thought, to which he prefers the idea that the comparative peace and tranquility in which he lives, and that make his work possible, emerge spontaneously from the goodwill of his fellow men, requiring no external coercion to maintain them. Since—in the opinion of the intellectual—the poor hate the police, and moreover as victims can think no wrong, it follows that weak policing would be of benefit to the poor.

Theodore Dalrymple again

http://www.city-journal.org/html/8_3_oh_to_be.html

• Registered Users Posts: 17,056 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Thats really shocking. Its made me really really angry. Why would someone want to do someone to that so randomly ? Ok, attacking someone who has done something to you is one thing (im not condoning it) but attacking and murdering someone on the street for no reason?!?! they didnt even rob them... Absolutely disgusting. Death penalty or absolute life in prison...and by life I mean the next 100 years.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

This is what is wrong with our society. There are just too many sumbag kids that think being hard and tough is of paramount importance to their lives and need to randomly attack people to remain cool to their mates which just makes the vicious circle worse. This particular incident was particularily horriffic but ramdon pointless acts of violence happen every day, every one inexcuseable. The police need to implement a zero tolerance policy on such events, follow up every report, make some harsh examples of the thugs and at least try to get it in to these scumbags heads that this sort of behaviour is completely unacceptable, and if you cannot confirm you are simply not suited to life in our society and appropriate measures should be taken.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 827 ✭✭✭Brian Capture

pork99 wrote:

Good links man.

Skangers = losers.

I saw on tv once (cant remember if it was a movie or a documentary or whatever) about a prison in america where they put a picture of the murder victim on the wall in the prison cell. The prisoners werent allowed to take it down or put up any other pictures and the only thing they had to stare at all day was that picture. That sounds like a good idea to me.*

Edit - actually thinking about it now it was a movie - still a good idea though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Anto McC

No type of upbringing,no matter how hard can excuse behavior of this sort!!

I had a tough upbringing(who hasnt) in an area where violence was very common and yet i've never had more than a minor scuffle outside of the schoolyard and the likes!!

Unfortunetly some people are just evil,down to their bones and they will do stuff like this whether their upbringing was "tough" or not!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement