Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trinity Ball Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 222 ✭✭Black_Couch

OCean colour scene were really good. Lot of pushing up the front, that got annnoying fairly quickly. Thats really all I managed to see. Was in the dance tent for ages, don't know who was playing cos it all sounds the same really. Lads pissing in glasses was the height of it really. I heard so much stories about what goes on but didn't really see TOO much. Glad I went, not sure it was worth the build up. Rain was annoying. Plus I was lost for half the night from friends. I think that happened to a lot of people.

• Registered Users Posts: 588 ✭✭✭Dev 17

All my friends didn't like the Ball. It was overhyped and too many people. So far I haven't come across anybody who really enjoyed themselves and thats about 20+ people. Also the skipping in the queue was really rude and people just sat back and let people skip them so in a way they were worse than the skippers so most people went in a bad mood. The music was good but I found the atmosphere was crap. Also it was so hard to find my friends. I mean I have been to much bigger events and it was easier to find people than Trinity Ball. Hopefully next year they will sort out some of the problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭Ron DMC

I didn't see much music at all, just a little bit of OCS and Futureheads.

Spent the night mostly bumping into people around the place, chatting for about a minute and then running away to find others.

I also acted like a prick, and became everything I hate about men.

Alchohol is the devil. I'm giving up girls and alchohol. It's too much hassle.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭Awayindahils

I also acted like a prick, and became everything I hate about men.

Alchohol is the devil. I'm giving up girls and alchohol. It's too much hassle.

yes yes yes yes yes yes you did, and good. praticularily my friends if you could manage it, but breakfast in marks was fun.

i had an amazing time, but i'm a party kinda person.:p

saw the company well a little, republic of loose, osc and the directors oh i swing danced to some band with crash, and bought a tshirt?? why did i buy a tshirt???

as for europersons accusation that i was drunk..lies lies lies i tell you, or it would be if there wern't so many photos. and i was really really really good till about 3 when, ilovemybrick went and got my vodka, filling a sprite bottle with 75percent+ vodka and a little cranberry and i'm a lightwieght!!! a really serious light weight, so i have very little memory from about a quatre to four onwards.

as for the ball as a whole, yeah the rain was a bit annoying but it is ireland and i didnt see anyone melt yay i love trinity ball now..must just do a little damage control over how many photos there are:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭tariqbutt

Is there anywhere with info on the history of the Trinity Ball? Like which years it was on? Or who played each year? When did it start?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Crash

yeah the pushing in OCS was annoying - eventually i just braced myself and played the nice guy and helped girls get out of the place or picked fella's up.

also Donál, throwing pigs? i have ABSOLUTELY no idea what you're on about. at all. ever.

These are not the pigs you are looking for

also, getting back into residents area is piss easy :)

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,502 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

My Photos wont be up till Tuesday....
    ( disposiable camara, and didnt get to the place till like half an hour ago....)

(people wanting " dammage control" can contact me by usual means)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,461 ✭✭✭DrIndy

I got a pig signed by republic of loose! I went up to one of them and asked for an autograph.

I chucked all my spare pigs during Mundy when he mentioned something aobut piggery.

Pigs are great, they liven up every single event I have pigged at.

Saw Blizzards, RoL, OCS, Burlesque Show (!), and other random stuff as I wandered around the place.

Good night.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 518 ✭✭✭Bartronilic

Messy, murky and overhyped. If i'd been with more friends it would have been 1000 times better but i couldn't find almost all of them. Pre party was great.

forgot to say this eariler.

If andy the taxi-driver who picted me up from christ-church this morning at 8am or so, happens to read this, i just want to say thanks for being the BEST TAXI DRIVER EVER!

let me drink (lucasade) in the car, we stopped for bagels, that guy is a legend...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,764 ✭✭✭shay_562

I too had a deadly time - spent most of it wandering around running into random people (including a few boardsies) and having increasingly incoherent conversations, which is always entertaining. Saw parts of Director, Republic of Loose, OCS, G 'n' R and the freak show, plus a few random bands whose names I didn't hear; all but the freak show were damn good. OK, the tickets were a tad pricey and it rained, but it was still a brilliant night.
    praticularily my friends if you could manage it,

...spoil my fun.
    as for europersons accusation that i was drunk..lies lies lies i tell you

Riiiiiight. You were completely sober. And you bought that t-shirt because The Mosquitoes are such a great band.

I too have a tshirt - its surprisingly comfy. oh well.

I'm not allowed to comment on how drunk hillary is - she told me not to last night :)

she never said i couldnt...

when i was at front square, when she first saw me, she ran across front square, the jumped up on me and Hugged me..

Now Hillary's an attractive Girl, But even i was surprised.....

actually what she did later on was much funnier :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

&#231 wrote: »
    actually what she did later on was much funnier :D

It wasn't anything to do with this was it?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭Ron DMC

No. It wasn't

No. It wasn't

Good. I hope boardsies are above that sort of thing

You'd be very surprised what goes on with people of the UCD....D forum....

/me glances at pythia.... * wink *wink

I never go in there, I've enough forums to sap my time as it is

most of the Trash from there is starting to spill over into here, tbh

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭Pet

Well you get what you give. You can't expect crash to post in UCD without some sort of deserved retaliation from them. Hermione seems to be doing just fine without any help, though. :p

Is Hermione* radioactively labelled? Just all the radiolabelling experiments I read list radiolabelled chemicals as "serotonin*"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 222 ✭✭Black_Couch

€6 for 2 bottles of water by the way in the dance tent

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Aine23

Had a fantastic night,went in at about 12 saw the Republic of Loose, Ocean colour scene and the freakshow guys - who kinda stole the show in my slightly drunken opinion....plus I caught one of the backstage passes they through into the crowd and spent the rest of the night drinking with the Futureheads,yay:p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭Awayindahils

she never said i couldnt...

when i was at front square, when she first saw me, she ran across front square, the jumped up on me and Hugged me..

Now Hillary's an attractive Girl, But even i was surprised.....

i wasn't drunk at that stage just very very hyper.. that was really early on or i think it was

• Registered Users Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭Hermione*

Pet wrote:
    Well you get what you give. You can't expect crash to post in UCD without some sort of deserved retaliation from them. Hermione seems to be doing just fine without any help, though. :p

Lol! Thanks :p
    John2 wrote:
    Is Hermione* radioactively labelled? Just all the radiolabelling experiments I read list radiolabelled chemicals as "serotonin*"

I get a lot of stick for being from Limerick, but nobody's ever suggested I was radioactive! Hermione was taken (and it's not as Seb suggected unimaginative, she's a Shakespearean character and a princess in Greek mythology), and my club's logo is a star hence Hermione* :D

Back on topic, would have loved to see republic of loose .. stupid poverty/ exams/ etc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 EmoKid

also a greek island.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭europerson

The quote of the night was perhaps that from one Joseph O'Gorman, speaking to a few of us outside the GMB when the Ball was over:

"Oh Take That aren't coming, are they? One rather was hoping they were coming... all over one's face in the same instant... <laughing>...".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 EmoKid

ewuw what a dirty old man

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 887 ✭✭✭wheresthebeef

LOL
    and to think, i'd heard people say bad things about Joe O'Gorman.

Advertisement