Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

US: 2X20 - "Two For The Road" [**SPOILERS WITHIN**]

Options
12346»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,367 ✭✭✭Agamemnon

Libby was holding a blanket in front of herself so maybe there was something behind it that stopped the bullets. It just seems odd that she was shot in the blanket rather than straight in the guts, the poor thing. With Lost, most details like that mean something. Maybe the writers even wrote it that way to start debates like this on the internet, like the when we were all wondering if Shannon (RIP) was shot by Anna-Lucia (the Lord to mercy on her).

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

agamemnon wrote:
    Libby was holding a blanket in front of herself so maybe there was something behind it that stopped the bullets.

Ok. Then tell me what she could have possibly been holding behind the blanket that could have stopped the two bullets?

Why have a title "Two for the road..." if they weren't both dead?

agamemnon wrote:
    It just seems odd that she was shot in the blanket rather than straight in the guts, the poor thing.

I don't understand. She *was* shot in the guts, just through the blanket which she happened to be holding in front of her.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,848 ✭✭✭✭Zombrex

Ponster wrote:
    Ok. Then tell me what she could have possibly been holding behind the blanket that could have stopped the two bullets?

I don't understand. She *was* shot in the guts, just through the blanket which she happened to be holding in front of her.

I think one of the shots missed her, if not both of them. I would not be surprised if she fell down from either just one shot or on purpose to make it look like she was dead so Michael wouldn't shoot her again. Plus it takes ages to die from a shot to the stomach. Most likely you bleed out, and that can take up to an hour depending on where you are shot

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭doh.ie

Ponster wrote:

Purely because the AL character has pretty much run her course, and her contract was only for one year. Cynthia Watros doesn't have the same restriction *and* the hospital revelation with Hurley suggests she has much further development to come. Based on that, and whatever explanation is given regarding how she survives, I do not believe she is fatally wounded.
    Ponster wrote:

Maybe the blankets slowed the bullets down as they were doubled over, or maybe she was shot in an area away from an artery (and the stomach's hydrochloric acid) leaving her in pain, bleeding and unconscious but not in immediate mortal danger.

And maybe the 'island' just wants her to survive as a 'good' person.

(Which always leaves me to wonder what exactly did that pilot guy do prior to arriving on the island that was so awful?!)

Hmmm, yeah I guess so. I've just been reading too many threads of people suggesting that maybe she had a bottle of water or something that deflected the bullets, while the last time I fired a handgun I *know* that it would take more than blankets/water/plates to save you :)

Looking at the shots again I think that one of them may have missed her so if the first shot didn't hit anything serious she could just be in shock for the moment. But her being alive and speaking in the next episode means that Michael will be found out straight away and I don't feel that that's going to happen.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,028 ✭✭✭FrankGrimes

how about something like this happening?

Libby is gonna survive at least for a short time, but is incapacitated for the time being, giving Michael some leeway to sell his likely story that Henry did it, and he'll release Henry, thereby keeping his part of the deal with the others.

Libby is either an Other/Dharma employee or a nutcase (based on her appearance in the hospital), and for some reason she goes along with Michael's story - if she is an Other/Dharma she might know of Michael's deal and not want to scupper it, and if she's nuts she might do it too. Hey, less plausible things happen in this show.

It drove me nuts watching this as to how everyone could be so gullible and just believe Michael's story straight up with no real interrogation. And why on earth would Kate & Jack be prepared to march out there to crush the Others based on Michael's description when they both know of hard evidence (the lockers and fake mask) that show the Others are far more sophisticated. They should immediately have pulled each other aside and said he's either spinning lies or just doesn't know the truth. Its gaps like this that really let the show down - I can take all the far-fetched occurences and coincidences, hell they're what make it interesting, but I just can't accept that characters that have been previously shown to be intelligent suddenly drop all natural inquisitive instincts and act stupid at key moments.

Even in 24, which is the king of far-fetched storylines, the characters act as you'd expect them to act in each situation. The fact that they do not do so in Lost, combined with the ridiculous time gap between plot tease and resolution, are the main reasons I have a love/hate relationship with Lost - with the storyline and characters it has it should be consistenly top quality, but if you look at it objectively, its far from consistent.

Frank, if all the characters sat down and shared all the info they had then they'd probably have left the island weeks ago :)

Old people with 2 guns protecting another hatch was what he said and at the time I knew it was balls yet no one questioned him about it. Disappointing....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 862 ✭✭✭Psycopat

Ponster wrote:
    Hmmm, yeah I guess so. I've just been reading too many threads of people suggesting that maybe she had a bottle of water or something that deflected the bullets, while the last time I fired a handgun I *know* that it would take more than blankets/water/plates to save you :)

She was going to a picnic, she may have had sandwitches in her blanket which deflected the bullets ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,367 ✭✭✭Agamemnon

What's more, she was going to a picnic on the beach with Hurley, so those blankets are lead-lined, ultra-strength superblankets designed to stop Hurley's fat arse sinking into the sand.
    Ponster wrote:

What I meant is that she was shot through something she was holding in front of her. It looked like just blankets but there might have been something more behind it that stopped or deflected the bullets.
    Based on the title though, I do think 2 characters will die but I think the second will turn out to be Henry cos Jack will shoot him when he finds him in the hatch. I think FrankGrimes has the right idea: Libby will stay unconscious long enough for Michael to get away with it right up to the end of the season.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 nomington

There is a general assumption that Michaels 'side of the deal' is to release Henry?? But Henry has already said that he will be killed because he failed his mission. My take on it is that Michael shoots himself, Henry takes the blame (because he more or less knows he's a gonner anyway so he presumes he'll just be killed anyway) so that Michael can continue to infiltrate the camp undiscovered. However, when Jack etc. find out what's happened in the hatch, I'd say Locke will want to step in. Whether it's true or not he now thinks that the others want him and if he keeps his word about protecting Henry, perhaps he will agree to go with Henry to the others(after all he's mad into the whole fate thing) and therefore Henry will not fail his mission and the others won't kill him.

Also as regards to Libby, I think there is no point in speculating whether Libby is dead or not... I'm sure the writers made her have that blanket in front of her for a reason, to create those doubts and leave it a bit of a cliff-hanger

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 nomington

There is a general assumption that Michaels 'side of the deal' is to release Henry?? But Henry has already said that he will be killed because he failed his mission. My take on it is that Michael shoots himself, Henry takes the blame (because he more or less knows he's a gonner anyway so he presumes he'll just be killed anyway) so that Michael can continue to infiltrate the camp undiscovered. However, when Jack etc. find out what's happened in the hatch, I'd say Locke will want to step in. Whether it's true or not he now thinks that the others want him and if he keeps his word about protecting Henry, perhaps he will agree to go with Henry to the others(after all he's mad into the whole fate thing) and therefore Henry will not fail his mission and the others won't kill him.

Also as regards to Libby, I think there is no point in speculating whether Libby is dead or not... I'm sure the writers made her have that blanket in front of her for a reason, to create those doubts and leave it a bit of a cliff-hanger

The reason that LIbby had the blanket in front of her is because that's just the way she was holding it IMHO.

Does everything in LOST need to have a reason?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,787 ✭✭✭tvnutz

Ponster wrote:
    The reason that LIbby had the blanket in front of her is because that's just the way she was holding it IMHO.

Does everything in LOST need to have a reason?

Oh come on! Obviously the reason Libby was in the mental hospital is because she had claimed to be psychic and they locked her up. However it turns out she really is psychic and when she walked into the hatch she had a vision that there would be a shooting. Therefore she picked up the special Dharma flak-blankets (which are used to prevent those damn ants from eating through the blankets) and placed them down at her stomach because she knew the shots would be low and hit the unique picnic blankets.

There,mystery solved.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭muletide

stop Stop Stop Stop Stop Stop for th love of god Stop please stopppppppppp

Someone has to call a halt to this sh1t

How many more episodes do we have to watch where the characters tiptoe around subjects and dont tell people what happened

It is obvious at this point that the writers are threading water by not allowing the characters to tell the full story and thereby dragging it out for another episode

For fu>k sake the amount of backstories that intertwine and no one has twigged it give us some credit. Do they have amnesia - I see a man crying at checkin I remember him unlike these gobsh1tes

Anna stole my gun but I never checked until Jack pout one in my face - fu>kin Eastenders puts more thought into plots

I have a very similar history to you but I am too fu>king thick to put two and two together. We are all following the new twin peaks but like typical scam victims no one will speak out.

On the plus side and it is the only positive that latino bitch is dead I can only pray that she never manages to play the same one - dimensional character on TV again

This sh1t has to stop and I am giving it one more episode before I free up a couple of GB of space and a few hours of my time

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,990 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Give it over muletide - ye are just gonna be told to have faith in the writers and that all will be explained, etc. I however definetely feel your pain and know exactly what you mean (and I've complained about it myself) but apparently we don't see the bigger picture or lack patience or whatnot. Ah well maybe we'll be proved wrong... but I'm really doubting it...Still the hate isn't there yet, just a nagging irritation that creeps up intermittently - sometimes in huge surges but mostly in just little ebbs...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 291 ✭✭pokerwidow

Bump up for all us Irish viewers. Hope noone minds :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭balkieb2002

LOL ya might be handy considerin no poll on other ep :P, never looked at the date on the posts either thought this was irl too until i saw the last post!

Handy for irl viewers to see the the us viewers fairly crazy conspiracy theories!!

Advertisement