Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

US: 2X20 - "Two For The Road" [**SPOILERS WITHIN**]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭Rollo Tamasi

ixoy wrote:
    ...It's irritating as fuk. And I am too not convinced they're plotting this all properly beyond a few sign-posts and I'm getting impatient looking for markers....

i feel the same way and i've been fairly vocal about it since about the 3rd episode of this season when we get introduced to Desmond and then are told he won't appear again this season
    altough i think this is a lie? , not sure

The writing on this show is far from consistent and is actually disgraceful in some aspects, how many other sitcoms can introduce a highly excitable element, for example the black smoke which Anima wants to make love with, and then just drop it? They even claim that the numbers mean nothing! How many episodes have they had based on those numbers? Half the episodes therefore that they have churned can be written off due to sloppy and inchorent writing and direction, this is hardly a top class show that some fans merit it to be.

I'll watch it out to the end of this season but if it remains the way it is now it ain't worth my 355mb of bandwidth next season.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,787 ✭✭✭tvnutz

Yes this season hasn't been anywhere near as good as last,and yes there are those fans who think the show is immune from criticism,but nonetheless Lost is still better than the majority of shows on tv at the moment.

And of course they don't have every episode planned out way in advance,no show has that. I think they have a main story planned out,generally they know where it is going but somehow I don't think when they started the show they had planned Michael to how nuts at the end of season 2. The detail in each episode is made up a few episodes in advance,just like it is in 24and Prison Break.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

good point, wtf is desmond?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 563 ✭✭✭robnubis

What leaves me to beleive
    Libby isnt dead
    is the fact that she held a pillow exactly where
    michael shot her
    , which leads me to beleive she could've had like a metal plate or something behing th epillow cause she was carrying two things at once.

FYI
    robnubis
    , there is no need to use
    spoiler
    tags on your last post.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,835 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Regarding those who are "whining" about where Desmond is..

** SPOILER FOR FUTURE EPS BELOW **

the entire season finale is Desmond-centric - happy now?! :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭herobear

naughty naughty basquille, no spoilers for future episodes are allowed in episode discussion threads(even if they are spoilerfied) :P tsk tsk!

but seriously yeah, check out the finale promo photo's over at lost-media :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 563 ✭✭✭robnubis

FYI
    robnubis
    , there is no need to use
    spoiler
    tags on your last post.

oh ok then, i dont dont think libby is dead after michael shot her and AL.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 850 ✭✭✭DOLEMAN

I actually thought this was the worst episode I've seen. Up until the end botht he girlfriend and I were like - what the hell are we watching this **** for?

The ending was of course interesting, but everything up util then - WHO CARES!!!

/still love the show though :)

Sorry to go totally OT, but has anyone ever noticed how frequently the one black guy in US movies or TV shows turns into the bad guy? Or gets killed early or something like that?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,787 ✭✭✭tvnutz

For those who want the flashbacks to be dumped...
    Ausiello: Will there be a flashback component to every episode next season? Eventually, it would seem, you're going to run out of back stories.
    Carlton: The flashbacks are very central to the concept of the series, and we have no intention of abandoning them as a concept.

From: http://www.tvguide.com/News/Ausiello/AskAusiello/default.htm?

Carlton: The flashbacks are very central to the concept of the series, and we have no intention of abandoning them as a concept.

In other words
    Carlton: **** man, how else am I gonna space out tiny bits of information about the island over 22 episodes a season!

Seriously, how much have we learnt about the island, smoke, etc. this season?

I don't mind the flashbacks, but I don't feel the series is going anywhere. I feel like the writers don't know what to do next.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭damien

*yawn*

DOLEMAN wrote:

Seriously, how much have we learnt about the island, smoke, etc. this season?

I don't mind the flashbacks, but I don't feel the series is going anywhere. I feel like the writers don't know what to do next.

I agree. The longer the series goes on the more diluted the flash backs will become. If i was Carlton i would maybe do one flashback per 3 episodes and live off the material that was found from the flashbacks for a short time...then move on and then revisit the flashback once more later on in the series to tie up loose ends and to combine back storys and the like. The flashbacks for me take all the momentum out of what is happening on the island, totally slows down the episode, flashbacks are signficant when used correctly, ie.. when we learn something important, but they take too long to get to the climax and often there is no climax.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,835 ✭✭✭✭Basq

herobear wrote:
    naughty naughty basquille, no spoilers for future episodes are allowed in episode discussion threads(even if they are spoilerfied) :P tsk tsk!
    Well.. that's the daftest feckin' rule ever! :rolleyes:

If the spoiler is in bold and marked that it spoils future episodes, then simply don't highlight over it... it's what spoiler tags were invented for!

Oh.. i didn't coin in my opinion on the episode. Quite meh apart from the ending.

Puhlease.. the whole Ana Lucia and Jack's Dad thing was far-fetched enough but her dying before getting any resolution to that storyline was utter crap.

I have enough faith in the writers.. and Damon and Carlton to keep watching. As the show entertains me.. i for one will never criticize the show due to a lack of answers. I believe they will come in time.. whether they will be convincing or not is another thing but the whole AL and Jack's Dad flashback was just daft!

Giving the episode a 5 as the ending was fantastic but the episode as a whole was a bore. Enjoyed the moments in the hatch but the flashback really dragged the episode down.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

just a thought OT, anyone think they bumped off AL because of all the drunken disorderly crap that they are getting into on the island. I mean we hear reports that the real life people who play Libby and AL where caught for driving under the influence, then suddenly the're killed off the show. Bit of a coincidence isn't it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,842 ✭✭✭steveland?

L31mr0d wrote:
    just a thought OT, anyone think they bumped off AL because of all the drunken disorderly crap that they are getting into on the island. I mean we hear reports that the real life people who play Libby and AL where caught for driving under the influence, then suddenly the're killed off the show. Bit of a coincidence isn't it?
    Exactly what I (and I'd say anyone else who's been reading the papers) thought at the end of the episode...

If you have a gander back a couple of pages there's an interview with Carlton Cuse saying that it had been the plan all along even before the DUIs but I'd take that with a pinch of salt...

I'm just happy to be rid of Ana Lucia...

Maybe thats why they where DUI? Maybe they had just finished filming their last episode with the show and decided to go on a bender, i know i would.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,807 ✭✭✭chump

If Cynthia Watros is killed off too, it is just ridiculous.
    It will show that the script-writers actually are just making it all up as they go along.

The flashbacks of the mental home and Hurley are among the things that inspire us all to believe there's some brilliant reason for all that's happening in the show - and that we'll be blown away when it is revealed.

And then to just end that whole sub-plot is stupid.

I dunno, I think it is quite humourous and ironic that they would choose to call the episode "two for the road" if these two actresses are killed off and told to hit the road, for having "two for the road" in some hawaiian bar and then DUI

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,367 ✭✭✭Agamemnon

I wouldn't worry that the Lost writers are "making it up as they're going along". We've seen them address fan criticisms in recent US episodes, such as the way the characters don't share info with each other. They're not going to take notice of small issues like this and then forget the big issue of What's Really Happening In Lost. They have dismissed some theories, such as the purgatory one, so they do have the answers and probably have a rough outline of how the story will resolve itself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 154 ✭✭GadgetFiend

am i the only one who thought the heard whispers in the scene where jack and locke are talking- locke working at the desk with the notepad?

it might have been electronic stuff whirring, but i'm going to watch it again later to be sure..

having said that they sounded about as clear as most of the other so-called whispers from previous episodes- ie not at all..

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

just watched this...
    omfg
    wow
    jow droppingly fantastic ending

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭doh.ie

ixoy wrote:
    Some "Lost" fans here cannot take any criticism of their show

True - the show has been lacklustre in places all season (several weak episodes, a ton of bad backstories - only Rose and Bernard's and Claire's island flashback recently had anything new to offer at all.) For me, the only elements that have been spot on this year were "The Other 48 Days", the map in "Lockdown" and the arrival of Henry.
    I'm getting impatient looking for markers and I've watched, and enjoyed, shows that unveil at a far slower pace because they left me confident that they had direction..

Carnivále for one... Every little tidbit returned to. To be fair, Lost can do this (small things like fans doubting Michael's story of his return to the Tailies beach, though this contradicts what Locke said) but the gap between tidbit and revelation can often be so long, most casual fans will never spot them. Same thing with the constant habit of revealing something new (like the map) only for it not to come up in the plot again for week and weeks (that in turn not helped by the extensive US breaking.)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭doh.ie

basquille wrote:
    Well.. that's the daftest feckin' rule ever! :rolleyes:

If the spoiler is in bold and marked that it spoils future episodes, then simply don't highlight over it... it's what spoiler tags were invented for!

Yeah, but, man, you implied what was going to happen... Lots of us had no idea AL was for the chop, or that Michael would go nuts and loved the episode's ending all the more for that. So a future spoiler which is properly concealed, but still decipherable from the text above is definitely a no-no. I mean, I never uncovered the text and I *still* can guess what it likely said!
    :( !!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,620 ✭✭✭Roen

Just watched it right now, great episode. At the end of the day I was finally delighted to see Míchael finally pulling his weight plot wise and not annoying the piss out of everyone. 9/10

• Closed Accounts Posts: 862 ✭✭✭Psycopat

Great episode 8/10 stuff dont think libby is dead or else the writers are teasing us because of the hospital and we wont find out more for a while, remember hurly said when libby went for the blankets, " Hey maybe ill remember where i know you from." Maybe you will Hurley....Maybe you will........

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭failsafe

As a follow on to the thought that Michael may have stumbled upon a seperate 3rd group, I was watching the third episode on e4 last night "orientation" and in the Orientation video he says "you are in camp number 3, the swan" and the video is entitled "Dharma orientation 3 of 6" and although i haven't double checked i think there were roughly 6 "hatches" on the map with the one known one being the swan.

"108 minutes are up - return to energizer"

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

Firstly, for those who don't think that LIbby is dead please explain to me how she can possible be alive? I see 2 bullets going through the blankets in the abdominal region. Forget about backstories not fully explained. Do you think the island is going to cure her?

I'm on the same boat as those that think that Michael isn't brainwashed. When he became consious I was saying "Yeah! About time a character explains to *everyone*, *everything* that he saw rather than keeping the info for themselves.", but now it seems that Michael was feeding them crap.

The writers have told us that there are not several groups of 'others', just the one. The ones that took Walt are the same that took Claire and there isn't a third group. Michaels tale of them being protected by old people with 2 guns was IMHO a way to lure the gang into a trap of sorts or just disinformation. Why no one seemed to question him though seemed bizarre.

My take at the end is that Michael had been captured by the Others and hadn't staked them out without been seeing as he claimed. I don't believe either that he happened to appear out of the jungle exactly where Kate and Jake happened to be camping and don't believe Jakes reason that Michael heard them and ran towards them. So that means that Michael was let go. So was he released with a mission to release Henry (the Others didn't know that Henry was alive until Jack shouted it at them in the jungle)? Or was he released yet brainwashed, maybe having already met Walt, with a mission to free Henry?

Either way, I think that next week the gang will turn up at the hatch and find both women dead, Michael injured and Henry dead. No one will wonder why AL seems to have been shot while sitting on the sofa but because Locke is injured they'll have to wait until Michael is patched up before they follow Henry into the jungle.

Maybe they'll forget to press the button again :p

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

Just remembered....

Overall I thought it was a good episode. The entire Flashback served to tell us that Jack probably has a blond sister in Oz and my money is on Claire (she told us in Season 1 that she had relationship problems with her dad). I liked Jin's 'thumbs-up' to Hurley but feel that Jack is somewhat 'losing it'. The way he grabbed the book from Sawyer and burned it seemed plain childish.

Advertisement