Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

US: 2X20 - "Two For The Road" [**SPOILERS WITHIN**]

Options
  • 03-05-2006 11:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 43,840 ✭✭✭✭

- WARNING: THIS THREAD WILL CONTAIN SPOILERS FOR THOSE WHO HAVE NOT YET SEEN "TWO FOR THE ROAD" -

Episode Title: "Two For The Road"
    Airdate: May 3rd 2006

Synopsis (from TV.Com):

After finding an exhausted Michael in the forest Jack and Kate bring him back to the main camp. When finally waking up, Michael has some new details about "The Others." Also, a lovestruck Hurley plans a date for Libby. Lastly, Ana-Lucia tries to break Henry more into confessing in all what he knows about "The Others" and the island.

Next New Episode: 2X21 - "?" - May 10th 2006

What did you think of "Two For The Road"? 177 votes

0%
    36%
    TwoShedsJacksongandalfYakuzaFunkyChickenkaimeraGoodshapeMr E[Deleted User]digimanWashoutBeruthielscojonesV9balkieb2002DuffmanChongKdjaCLLFCFanyawnstretchStandard Toaster 64 votes
    28%
    popinfreshrabbitinlightssnickerpussweemcdeirebhoymatrimJackKellyPonstermickgerqBotmadrabsephirosistoxofSooner or LaterpcheadWellyJKevIRLFrankieboyChardee MacDennisAnaiyela 50 votes
    23%
    satchmomewsoFidelisBardsmilesdamnyanksDont be at yourselfAnimaDSkonekoLizardKingjank[Deleted User]fjonSauronPeaceslave1monkeyfudgeVoodoo2Franky Boy 42 votes
    5%
    jor elChevano RileySleepycenter15angelofdeathmayordenisStimpyoneYoung SiwardTristramDapos 10 votes
    1%
    mada999SuaimhneachSherifu 3 votes
    3%
    _CreeD_s10CatsmokinpotsavemejebusBasq[Deleted User] 6 votes
    1%
    ODuras 2 votes
    0%
    0%

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 43,840 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Three weeks of solid new episodes ending with a 2 hour season finale! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,676 ✭✭✭Chong

Cant wait for this. Am btw basquille sorry about the thread duplication lol.

I posted the same time as you.

I have marked it for deletion. Again my apologies my good man.

Heh.. no problem! :D

You sure it's 2X21? Checked TV.com and EpGuides.com and both reckon it's 2X20... and haven't credited any recap show.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,676 ✭✭✭Chong

I thought the recap was credited as 2X20.

Its all good anyways, these next eps of Lost will appease the heart break of study.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 518 ✭✭✭danbhala

i think the clip shows dont get credited like the episodes... so far this season there has been three like, "Destination Lost", "Lost: Revelation" and "Lost: Reckoning".

check it a wiki

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Episodes_of_Lost_%28season_2%29

it has to be true ;) hehe

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭Duffman

OMG this definitely makes up for the weeks of slow episodes. One of the best so far - 10/10.

***WARNING: Do not read these spoilers if you haven't seen it yet.

Michael
    shooting AL and then Libby was a shock ending.
    The Others are clearly
    using him to lead the group into a trap. My immediate thoughts were "poor Hurley!" :(

Henry's comments about
    how Locke was a good person and how AL needed to be "saved" are another development in the light/dark theme
    and about
    "him" being a "great man" - Hanso perhaps?

Oh and Michael has a shocking revelation for the group:
    they took his boy
    (ok, you can read this one!)

This is building up to what will hopefull be a fantastic season finale. Finally, some plot development. Great television.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,373 ✭✭✭Irishpimpdude

Jesus that was some ending thats all i can say :eek: :eek:

Haven't seen it but heard it was a doozy!

I've a feeling these last few will be feckin' fantastic TV!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭Selik

Unbelievable!

To say alot happened in it is a crazy understatement... That's just made up for the last 3 weeks of waiting!!!

I'm not sure I got the flashback in it though involving Anna-Lucia.... And I don't care what anyone says, she's a fox!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,199 ✭✭✭muppetkiller

you mean it was finally aired !!! whohoooo

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Excellent ending overall the episode was abit slow though.
    It looked like Michael just shot himself in the arm so I have a feeling he's going to try and make it look like Henry did it.

I wonder is Ana gone for good now? \o/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

Bloody hell!

W00t for the sex0r!

And excellent ending. Nice to see Lost back with a bang.
    Maybe Henry will be caught leaving the hatch by Jack, John, kate

• Registered Users Posts: 2,911 ✭✭✭Washout

i thought the ana lucia backstory was great...

before the ending i was convinced that, because of the backstory, there would be further storyline(s) involving Jack and Ana Lucia.

I actually felt the chills down my spine when
    michael shoots ana
    and i thought my heart stopped when
    michael shoots libby

best episode ever.

Interesting article on the whole ana story from some of the writers can be found at

http://community.tvguide.com/forum.jspa?forumID=700000049

• Registered Users Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭digiman

What an episode!! 10/10, Im still in shock after watching that.
    Could Michael be an other now?? He shot Anna Lucia for no reason that I can think of, he already has the backing of the rest of the camp to go find the others so I dont see why he would shot himself to make it look like Henry was invloved, I was waiting for Henry to say "hello Michael" when he opened the door!! I really thought that they filmed it like they knew each other already. Lucky stupid Sawyer as well, I would have given up the gun as well!!
    No wonder the Anna Lucia and Libby went out on the piss when they heard this storyline!! I really can't wait until next week to see how Michael is going to explain all this

• Registered Users Posts: 3,247 ✭✭✭stevejazzx

ok lost goes all shakespearean and tarantinoesque here, mental, three main characters killed in the space of about 30 seconds....
    ok heres what i think is happening
    michael has been drugged(or maybe he was the inside man from begining/doubtful) (he possibly has the dreaded sickness) and he has been condition into the cult of these baffling people who are apparently doctors and scientists masquerading around in masks and apparel of poor island people (possibly to avoid cerebus - that is if they dont control it themselves ) or possibly to confuse the losties, it s odd, anyways this mental cult has some divine objective of possibly saving souls from the (as in eko s confession to henry, henry s comments about anna lucia 'goodwin said you were misunderstood,he thought he could save you ', ) but who are they saving them from? The global machine that is the Hanso.org? Is this fragment of dharma subverting hanso from within ? Are they working for hanso themselves? On the hanso.org site when you use the password to access it says 'welcome to dharma' like dharma exists beneath hanso secretly on their site, or that dharma is for priviledged members of hanso.org, I'm not sure, probably the latter, so this huge organisation is pumping money and resources into africa claiming to be developing and curing the nation obviously with some alterior motive of maybe devolping diseases and then providing the antidotes through their pharmaceutical affiliates, hmmm, but thats too simple it would seem they are invoved in something a lot more sinister and complex, my best guess is that 'others' work for hanso are involved in some kind of experiment in creating an utopian society for whatever reason i can't get because hanso seems to be interested in making global money with conglomerates etc. so the island seems to be another project completely, something to do with finding some precious stones or substances or something of the like, maybe the losties are being used somehow by dharma to gain access to the ?symbol we see on the blast door map....my head has offically melted...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,911 ✭✭✭Washout

do you not just think that Michael was simply blackmailed to release Henry and also to kill Ana Lucia for her part in killing one of the others herself?

They could have easily convinced him to do it otherwise Walt gets it. What is a father supposed to do?

Washout wrote:
    do you not just think that Michael was simply blackmailed to release Henry and also to kill Ana Lucia for her part in killing one of the others herself?

They could have easily convinced him to do it otherwise Walt gets it. What is a father supposed to do?

Well... he's gotta get "my boy" back!!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,521 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

Ah sh1te I'm in Shock, Looks like Micheal was pre-programmed or told to take out Ana Lucia(or the others would kill Walt) not sure if he shot himself in the arm or chest, I would say Arm and then he can blame Henry for killing the other 2. All I can say is shocked what an ending and I actually was beginning to like Ana Lucia. Shocked Shocked!!!!!

Snake ;)

Libby might even still be alive.... we don't know for sure, it is TV after all! I'm sure Jack could fix her up... ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 259 ✭✭Lantis

Holy divine bollix, that was an incredibly huge twist.
    Judging from the preview, Michael only shot his arm. And the preview's also making him out to be still controlled by the Others.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭digiman

Lantis wrote:
    Holy divine bollix, that was an incredibly huge twist.
    Judging from the preview, Michael only shot his arm. And the preview's also making him out to be still controlled by the Others.

Put stuff about the next episodes in spoiler tags you ejit. Its ok to talk about what happened without spoiler tags but I dont want to know anything about the next episode.
    Steveland, can you edit this

• Registered Users Posts: 2,387 ✭✭✭Cina

My god, what a frickin' awesome episode. I thought the episode in general was good, even the flashbacks were tolerable. I think it's clear that Michael was told to kill Ana Lucia, and him killing Libby was pure reaction almost, the look on his face when he did it suggests it was pure accident. I kinda knew AL was going to bite the bullet, I mean .. she is going to jail and all, but Libby aswell, thats just insane.
    Michael deffo shot himself in the arm I think, so Henry escapes now, which I actually think is better because he's such a great character and I want to see a lot more of him in future episodes.

Regarding libby (not really a spoiler but some people might not want to see it)
    Weren't they supposed to have a flashback episode planned for her? I'd be very surprised if she was dead, which it looks like, because we'll never know what the deal is with her and hurley in the hospital.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭Rollo Tamasi

Mikes back story doesn't add up at all imo. How long was he gone for? And when we arrives at the ending of the last episode did he not have a bag over his head (and he seemed drugged) so obviously he was caught by the others and he never mentioned it.

I'm puzzled as to why Mike shot himself. If he wanted to blame it on Henry then should he not of released Henry before shooting himself. I'd say that the others put Mike up to taking out Anna Lucia due to her evil behavior.

Anyone else think that Libby and AL were killed off due to their drunk driving offenses? Seems a bit like a coincidence. If that is the case then it shows how much of the script the writers are making up as they go.

I gave this episode an 8. I thought it was fairly slow in parts and the Libby getting killed thing makes no sense (she more than likely is dead). Why would they develop her character into Hurleys background in the hospital one week and then kill her off without developing it any further. Stupid!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 259 ✭✭Lantis

digiman wrote:
    Put stuff about the next episodes in spoiler tags you ejit. Its ok to talk about what happened without spoiler tags but I dont want to know anything about the next episode.
    Steveland, can you edit this

Edited it myself. It's only speculation anyway, don't know what you're getting so effin' worked up about. The preview's part of the episode.

EDIT: Might want to edit yer own post there.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭Rollo Tamasi

i just wanted to add that the flashback's are still cack. The writers should just give up on them now. Todays flashback did feck all to develop the character of AL. Ohh so she is sorry for killing someone...really, and look Sawyer bumped into her car. WOW! A whole half episode wasted on non sensical tripe!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,387 ✭✭✭Cina

I'm puzzled as to why Mike shot himself. If he wanted to blame it on Henry then should he not of released Henry before shooting himself. I'd say that the others put Mike up to taking out Anna Lucia due to her evil behavior.

Anyone else think that Libby and AL were killed off due to their drunk driving offenses? Seems a bit like a coincidence. If that is the case then it shows how much of the script the writers are making up as they go.
    Ana Lucia had already untied Henry, it was merely a case of him running out of the hatch now.
    And yes, they probly were killed off because of that, although they didnt make it clear as to whether libby was dead or not.

Also, I suddenly just got the title, hah.

• Registered Users Posts: 642 ✭✭✭red_fox

I'd say michael returned to free henry, he knew AL had been about to kill henry so by killing AL and shooting himself in the arm he could make it look like henry had managed to take the gun off AL and escape. Libby was shot as she saw him shoot AL.

He had to shoot himself too as he was meant to be in the hatch and would have to be involved. His motivation is certainly related to walt and they could well be a certain amount of drugging too as in Claires case.

Isn't funny how those 2 characters are apparently killed off after both of them were done for drink-driving early last year .. and Michelle Rodreiguez faced a possible jail-sentence

Yeah, I thought it was odd, but damn what an ending!

Anna Lucia's character was already planned to be killed off near the end of this series it's nothing to do with her drink driving thing. She only wanted to stay on the show a year and the scriptwriters and producers agreed to this on her signing up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭DEmeant0r

holy bloody christ :eek:

I always hated that Michael Character, annoying as ****, but now he's added some excitement into the story.

Advertisement