Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

US: 2X20 - "Two For The Road" [**SPOILERS WITHIN**]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 999 ✭✭✭cregser

I'm puzzled as to why Mike shot himself. If he wanted to blame it on Henry then should he not of released Henry before shooting himself. I'd say that the others put Mike up to taking out Anna Lucia due to her evil behavior.

Anyone else think that Libby and AL were killed off due to their drunk driving offenses? Seems a bit like a coincidence. If that is the case then it shows how much of the script the writers are making up as they go.
    Ahh! It all just seems so random. For me, Lost has lost that misterious je ne sais que about it. Every week (or 3) just seems to be about the latest wierd dream the writers had. "Ooh, let's have glow in the dark maps", "Let's give Libby and evil look - actually, just kill her off", "And make Sawyer (who can trick every Lostie by steeling the guns) have a goldfish's memory after shagging Anna Luicia".

I wonder whether season 1 was actually good or was I caught in the hype?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭Selik

cregser wrote:
    Ahh! It all just seems so random. For me, Lost has lost that misterious je ne sais que about it. Every week (or 3) just seems to be about the latest wierd dream the writers had. "Ooh, let's have glow in the dark maps", "Let's give Libby and evil look - actually, just kill her off", "And make Sawyer (who can trick every Lostie by steeling the guns) have a goldfish's memory after shagging Anna Luicia".

Either way I'm more addicted than ever now that I've got my latest fix!

Roll on next week...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 188 ✭✭sephirosis

In terms of shock value, there has been no scene in lost to compare with that one, so thats something to be applauded. there was no hint at all throughout ana's backstory that her arc was coming to an end and michael didnt seem suspicious until he actually did it.

i agree with the idea that he was blackmailed. he was likely caught by the others and either offered walt in return (unlikely) or threatened with his death. i think the biggest pointer to this is the fact that he seemed to be in mental and moral dilemma as he looked at the gun in his hand just before he said "I'm sorry". I dont think he really wanted to do it but thought he had to.

Looks like we can have a whole "Libby's dead/not dead week" (similar to the "Ana-Lucia didn't kill Shannon" arguement). I'm going to hedge my bets on her not being dead, I think the director will use the bundle of blankets she was holding as an excuse for limiting the damage she suffered from the bullets, and they also don't look to have entered in as critical or lethal places as Ana (who is undoubtedly a goner)

Finally, it doesnt look so much like Michael shot himself in the chest, the angle seemed wrong (wow this is far too much like Shannon's demise in terms of speculation), again like others Id have to say the arm, probably to pin the blame on Henry, who he probably hopes will act as a messenger back to the others to tell them he killed Ana. I wonder if Henry does escape will he be happy to leave without Locke? He did say his leader was most unforgiving.

Anyway all in all this was a cracking episode (though mainly standing on the quality of its finale) and a high point of the series. 9/10 methinks (point lost for flashbacks which could have been better but weren't awful by any means)

edit: Is it possible that the title of the episode alludes to Rodriguez' and Watros' little misdemeanour?? And they both get shot then. Could the writers be making some form of statement or are they just messing with our heads to fuel specualtion?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭Rollo Tamasi

i have a gut feeling that next week will be a Libby back story and will end with her confessing 'stuff?'to Hurley just before she crooks.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭DEmeant0r

If Libby is dead, then what happens to the backstory with Libby in the crazy house? You can't just start a story plot like that and not continue/end it... that's fupping stupid!

• Advertisement

i have a gut feeling that next week will be a Libby back story and will end with her confessing 'stuff?'to Hurley just before she crooks.

yeah that's a definite possibility, would be a pity though i liked libby.

Hrmmm....

Shannon finds love with Sayid, croaks
    Ana gets it on with Sawyer, dies
    Libby seems to find her beau in Hurley, dead (well hopefully not)

Not the luckiest bunch when it comes to relationships it seems

Maybe Boone had a thing for Locke eh?

• Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭Narcissus

Next week is
    an Eko centric episode

Why are Ana-Lucia's teeth always so white? :confused:

What a great episode, never saw the ending coming. I think that Libby is still alive. Can't wait for next week! :)

Interesting ending and I'd concur with the theories regarding Michael being forced somehow to do what he did.

The rest of it was just average.I thought the fact that ana lucia knew jacks father so well was another one of those sloppy unbelievable co incidences.

I'll have to play it back again but at this stage I wouldnt be surprised if that was Sawyer that shouted at Anna Lucia in the back story where she hit a guy as she opened the car door :rolleyes:

I dont know where ye are all going with the "Oh my God that episode was the best" and 10 out of 10 etc etc Whats going to happen when theres a better one? 15 out of 10?? ye are getting carried away again in my opinion.

My vote is 5.
    It would have been 4 only I didnt see the last part coming and I certainly didnt see the sawyer/Anna humpty scene coming either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 391 ✭✭Sunn

it was great at the end when micheal goes on a rant and we go two "they took my son" in a row.. classic

Sunn wrote:
    it was great at the end when micheal goes on a rant and we go two "they took my son" in a row.. classic

that was a beauty alright. Double wammy! I nearly forgot that they took his boy actually :)
    Earthman wrote:
    I'll have to play it back again but at this stage I wouldnt be surprised if that was Sawyer that shouted at Anna Lucia in the back story where she hit a guy as she opened the car door

no doubt about it. It was Sawyer. I thought that Sawyer and Jack's father were meant to have known each other? I might be wrong thou, it could just have been a theory that i read on this forum
    Apapaia wrote:
    Next week is
    an Eko centric episode
    arg! that makes no sense to me. Do they actually plan when they are going to have these flashbacks or is random? Why would they do a flashback for that person now, he hasn't featured in ages. I suppose the only logical reason is that his church comes into play now with a funeral but in fairness i could think of about at least 6 characters who would make for a more interesting flashback under the current circumstances.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

they should cop on that it's a michael track because when he is being asked where he went he said to the tailies site and walked the beach. When Locke, Jack and Sawyer are following him after he runs off Locke asks sawyer did he remember it? he said no cause they were heading a different way.

He's lyin i tells ya lyin!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,945 ✭✭✭Anima

I thought that Sawyer and Jack's father were meant to have known each other?

Wasn't Christian walking into the bar where they first meet in that episode?

I thought it was a great episode. Lots of stuff happening and the twist at the end really caught me by suprise. Kinda knew two people were gonna die from the episode title but it was still good.

I suppose the questions now are, is Libby still alive and what is Henry going to do?

Exciting stuff :)

Anima wrote:
    Wasn't Christian walking into the bar where they first meet in that episode?

you may need to refresh my memory. Did all this happen in series one?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,945 ✭✭✭Anima

Yeah it was in season 1. It was the episode where Sawyer shot the other "Sawyer" who in the end turned out to be some other guy.

I assume its the same bar that we saw in this episode.

In the Sawyer bacstory episode late last season (I think), the one where he actually goes and shoots that guy who he thought was the original Sawyer, he meets Christian in a bar and convinces him to ring "his son" to apologise. I'd be fairly certain it was just after the incident we saw in this ep with Christian and Ana in the car. Sawyer and Christian both enter that bar and the scene takes place.

On another note, if Michael was indeed sent to kill Ana, then do you think it was because she killed two of the others and then Goodwin? Is it revenge? If so, will Michael now go after Eko and maybe even Charliue since they have both killed at least one of the others (though they prob wouldn't know it was Charlie who shot Ethan). Thoughts?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,589 ✭✭✭Tristram

cregser wrote:

I wonder whether season 1 was actually good or was I caught in the hype?

Im starting to have the same doubts cregser.I really hope there was more of a coherent storyline in season one or maybe because it was new I was just carried away with the excitement of it all.Either way its starting to grate on my nerves now.Im happy that things did happen in this episode that are curious at least but I dont understand the people giving it 10/10 and saying best episode ever.35-37 minutes of nothing and then bam, **** happens.Maybe if **** happened and then there was follow through all in the one episode I wouldnt find it so tedious.

I was touch and go between giving it a six or seven.

Episode Rating: 7/10

edited: on further reflection i wish id given it six

I only started watching Lost half thru season 1 so i would have missed that Sawyer & Sawyer episode. I doubt it's important anyway judging by the complete lack of direction that the writers seem to be taking.

that was a beauty alright. Double wammy! I nearly forgot that they took his boy actually :)

They

took

my

BOY!!!!

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,133 ✭✭✭_CreeD_

The actress who plays Libby has already signed on to a new Sitcom in the states, the is indeedy toast.

Shock value etc. it was good. Story-wise it was a weak episode. It was so obvious that Michael returning was some plan of the others yet the main characters all decided to have simultaneous brain anneurisms: Sure he turned up when they were demanding Walt back - Sure he claimed the others were simple and had frayed clothing/simple housing etc. when they know from Kate that the weathered look was something they fabricated using theatrical makeup...All perfectly plausable if your group has the collective brainpower of a crushed walnut. Sorry, for a show that prides itself (And usually justifiably) on being clever this was just too conceited. It was still enjoyable, but the show has moved to popcorn muncher status for me ;)

on further reflection i wish id given it six

You shoulda just edited it to a 6 and we'd none be the wiser! :p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 135 ✭✭Splendid

It's possible that Michael had a sudden realisation that if he freed one of those, they might free his boy. He didn't know jack and kate would leave the hatch to get the guns, or where Henry was kept.

The other thing i was thinking, Jacks father has a daughter, is it possible that she was one of the kids that ended up with the tailies after the crash?

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭Duffman'05

9/10 for this one.

I loved the ending in this one-My theory is that Michael was sent by the others to free Henry and if he did they'd let Walt go, but at the end it looked like he shot himself..didnt catch it properly.

I thought the scene at Sawyer's tent when they demand the guns, I think its about time that Jack stopped messing around with Sawyer and put a stop to his gun hauling shannangigans, Im surprised it took them so long to get the guns aggressively.

I also liked the flashback that included Sawyer which was just before he spoke with jacks father in the bar in his flashbacks. Im seeing a patteren of these-protagonists showing up in others lives in some way before the flight, Like when Kate's dad as talking to Sayid in the helicopter when
    he took out a picture of her in his flashbacks as a prisoner.

Glad to see the show back to its usual standard, im sure the next few episodes will be worth the wait:D :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭Peace

ffs... kill bernard, kill rose, kill any one of the 30+ other nobodies....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭The Free Man

:eek: <- me watching last few minutes of this ep

8/10 , back story was a bit meh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,816 ✭✭✭Franky Boy

What an ending I was ****ing blown away.Exclude the pun!
    I liked the whole police cars with the numbers.Nicley put in.
    Great ep can't wait for the next.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭madrab

Franky Boy wrote:
    What an ending I was ****ing blown away.Exclude the pun!
    I liked the whole police cars with the numbers.Nicley put in.
    Great ep can't wait for the next.
    nicely noticed

• Registered Users Posts: 3,312 ✭✭✭mr_angry

Holy **** - I didn't see that coming at all!

This really makes things interesting - is Michael being blackmailed, or has he been brainwashed by the others? He seemed relatively comfortable with shooting Ana Lucia, but just plain shocked with Libby. It seems in the end that he's definitely trying to set Henry up as the fall-guy.
    Tristram wrote:
    Im starting to have the same doubts cregser.I really hope there was more of a coherent storyline in season one or maybe because it was new I was just carried away with the excitement of it all.Either way its starting to grate on my nerves now.Im happy that things did happen in this episode that are curious at least but I dont understand the people giving it 10/10 and saying best episode ever.35-37 minutes of nothing and then bam, **** happens.Maybe if **** happened and then there was follow through all in the one episode I wouldnt find it so tedious.

I was touch and go between giving it a six or seven.

Episode Rating: 7/10

edited: on further reflection i wish id given it six

I think people are being very short-sighted here, and not appreciating the magnitude of certain events in the episode. Firstly, the shootings will have a massive effect on the opinions of the group. Locke has just told Jack that Henry attacked Ana Lucia, and now they're going to go back to the hatch and find her and Libby dead, and Michael telling them that Henry was responsible. If there was anyone undecided about going to war with the others, all doubts will be washed away. Just think about the effect on good old fun-time Hurley! Even he's going to be champing at the bit to go to war.

There were many, many other clues given out in general conversation aswell. Its clear that Henry is working for Hanso, and may even know him personally. However, he is equally afraid of his punishment for failing. Was he on his way to get Locke? Something tells me that he's still lying - its much more lilkely that he was coming for Aaron, and just manipulating Locke again. Regardless, it looks as though Hanso may have gotten Michael to sway the Losties into walking right into his trap. They turn up expecting peasants, and they get something very different...

Then we have "The White Rabbit" - Christian Shepard. Its long been suspected that he has some greater part to play in all of this, and that he may have been an agent of The Hanso Foundation at some point in his career. Now we find out that he didn't go to Australia without purpose - he has a daughter there. Why was he so desperate to see her? And why hire a bodyguard? And how did he end up dead? Whats more, we still don't know where his body is on the island.

C'mon guys, give it a chance. The writers are dropping clues left right and centre, and all everybody does is complain that there isn't a bomb going off every ten minutes! If you can't hack the thinking-person's TV show, go watch 24.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 472 ✭✭Metacortex

Great episode!
    I was genuinely shocked at the end. Definitely one of the best Lost moments ever.

10/10

• Registered Users Posts: 2,367 ✭✭✭Agamemnon

Brilliant stuff, I gave it a 9.

I couldn't stand Anna Lucia at first but now I'm sorry to see her go. That Sawyer's a lucky man.
    No way is Libby dead, the writers told us as much when Hurley mentioned he knew her from somewhere - they wouldn't kill her off when they still have a story to tell about her.
    Jack's sister - hard to see how they could work this into the show except in flashback, no way could she have been on the plane. Or could she? We'll be seeing a lot more of Christian Shepherd in the future - Dharma must have killed him to bring Jack to Oz and then onto Flight 815.
    Love the way they keep the Jack/Locke tension going - Jack tells Locke he thinks baldy was right only for Locke to fock up by not telling him about Henry attacking Anna.
    So the Others want Locke. No wonder the smoke monster didn't scoff him. But it didn't attack Eko either - interesting cos the Others tried to take him in "The Other 48 Days" but he killed 2 of them. But the smoke monster didn't kill Eko when he met it later. Do they still consider him a "good person" after killing 2 Others?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,589 ✭✭✭Tristram

mr_angry wrote:
    I think people are being very short-sighted here, and not appreciating the magnitude of certain events in the episode. Firstly, the shootings will have a massive effect on the opinions of the group. Locke has just told Jack that Henry attacked Ana Lucia, and now they're going to go back to the hatch and find her and Libby dead, and Michael telling them that Henry was responsible. If there was anyone undecided about going to war with the others, all doubts will be washed away. Just think about the effect on good old fun-time Hurley! Even he's going to be champing at the bit to go to war.

Events by themselves mean nothing, it is how they are told that makes then interesting.

My complaint isnt levelled at a lack of action, its the lack of any story development to parallel significant happenings.

People handing out nine and tens are out of their minds.It makes a mockery of some of the actually outstanding episodes from season one.

Advertisement