Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Top Gear

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,432 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peteee

Yes, I have to say the new series is great.

The toybota et al was brilliant, and the radio show was great (Can anyone get a recording of it??)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,571 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

There's a well known UK TV torrents site that has the radio show. The music has been edited out so as to avoid legal troubles, but it's still worth a listen - it was absolutely shambolic!

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭kittenz

yeah sunday's episode was hilarious, thought the "boat" race was so funny... :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 226 ✭✭cinnamon

I love top gear even though i'm a girl with little knowledge of cars. Plus richard hammond ;)

yes i love it too, and i'm a girl. It used to be on sunday evening, "oh no, top gear" now i remind my brother it's on. I just love the banter of the presenters and the crazy things they get up to. Plus richard hammond is very yummy and I'm sure he was picked to increase female viewership

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭Táck

cinnamon wrote:
    yes i love it too, and i'm a girl.

she has to be lying :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

I doubt it! My gf loves Top Gear (and Richard Hammond :)) too :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 142 ✭✭Aldini98

I'm not into cars at all but its a very good show, its a shame Clarkson is such a smug bastard though.

yeah i agree, at times, he's like a worse Gerry Ryan, if thats possible

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,576 ✭✭✭✭FlutterinBantam

T&#225 wrote: »
    yeah i agree, at times, he's like a worse Gerry Ryan, if thats possible

At least Ryan has the cop on not to go for the "tousled" look and perpetual jeans....at almost 50!!!!.Mudder a Hesu would the man ever get a makeover and and don't be a ligger ALL yer frikken life.....

• Registered Users Posts: 9,127 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

Just a bump for tonight, incase anyone's forgotten :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,726 ✭✭✭✭DMC

I notice James May has done **** all this season of TG... why is this? I think he's actually the wittiest of the three... he's got very little air time....

• Registered Users Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

AHAHAHAHA At tonight episode, LOL at the S class conversion. The funniest part was hammond sliding around and falling off while driving.

John

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭secret_squirrel

Must admit he had a very quiet night did May.

Also thought the S class bit was a waste of time, barely raised a smile. A real come down from the Toybota the week before.

Hoping for better next week. Still giggled lots though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

B- rating. Programme saved by the Hammond/May S Class test, "the first time Anne Hathaways cottage has reached 30 mph"

Notice that JC declared McGregor to be his guest not our guest ?

Mike.

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,099 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Yes, must agree.

I think his part in the show is vital. Hopefully he'll have more of a presence in coming episodes.
    DMC wrote:
    I notice James May has done **** all this season of TG... why is this? I think he's actually the wittiest of the three... he's got very little air time....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭J.R.HARTLEY

mike65 wrote:
    B- rating. Programme saved by the Hammond/May S Class test, "the first time Anne Hathaways cottage has reached 30 mph"

Notice that JC declared McGregor to be his guest not our guest ?

Mike.
    i think everyone has noticed how JC thinks Top Gear is his program allright, i've seen him d it a few time in the UKTV G2 repeats aswell, plus his intros for stig are getting a bit useless, i think he's overexposed on it, every five minutes the camera switches to him. maybe he should sink into the background a bit, just do "Star in a ....." and the cool wall for a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

Maybe James May wasn't available for filming this week, hence he wasn't in it that much.

John

But even the hamster can appear on daytime TV and Brainiac, and he reviewed two cars this week (one of them a foreign junket) so it surprises me that Captain Slow hasn't reviewed any cars himself this season.

/me shrugs.

the new S-Class rules. What a car

• Registered Users Posts: 6,413 ✭✭✭weemcd

fúcking sick with myself about this one, anyone know about a repeat?

• Advertisement

Its repeated on BBC 2 again tomorrow evening (Tuesday) at 7pm.

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭mickd

Hammond is on BBC radio1 @2:30 today

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭mickd

Just heard there is a rematch next sunday. They played a footie game with the Toyota Aygo last season. Next Sunday its the Aygo against the VW Fox.

Hammond said that Radio 3 is May's favourite station. He likes the pauses "so he can put his hand to his chin"

Hammond is on BBC1 tonight @7 with a programme on The Holy Grail

mickd wrote:
    Hammond is on BBC1 tonight @7 with a programme on The Holy Grail
    was very interesting in exploring the different ideas, missed the midddle though becuase of a phone call, any idea if it's being repeated

• Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

T&#225 wrote: »
    the new S-Class rules. What a car

Yeah, great car, even for a Mercedes (not that I'd turn down the offer of a free nice, shiny, new Merc!)!

Not sure if I'd ever get to trust that automatic braking though, plus I do like the challenge of driving and this car would probably take some of the fun out of driving. Still, I loved the infra-red camera!! Wow!
    Now all I need is about £70,000 to buy one. Doh!

Edit: Why do I still use the word "Doh!"? Cool and funny ten years ago, old and tired now :(

r3nu4l wrote:
    plus I do like the challenge of driving

same here. love it. the challenge and successful completion of each trip!...(touchwood)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

they'll just move. no big deal imo. it will give them a chance to re-do the circuit and new times.

there are lots of old airfields in the uk.

yeah but it still sucks. sounds like civil servants flexing their limp muscles to me. (they've been there for 6 years nearly, the locals would have complained long agao)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭secret_squirrel

About 8 years ago they used to use the Airfield where I grew up, was well strange driving home then seeing them taking test drives down the same country roads!

Advertisement