Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Datastore/database errors ONLY!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭RoundyMooney

Excellent.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,279 ✭✭✭regi

'Tis fixed again lads. I'm back using the cloud skin and it's fine. :)

Yep, our adverts server was very lagged, services needed restarting.

Cheers.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,059 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Thanks regi.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

Before reading that it has been fixed (thanks, regi), I read this.
    Ruu wrote:
    Slowness might be something to do with announcement (upgrade today).
    Upgraded slowness. :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,059 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

I think it's fooked again regi. Stalling a lot on ads.boards.ie.

Which has now returned (as of about half past midnight).

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 29,509 Mod ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Yeah, 'tis brutal, tbh.

Anything up to 1.5 mins hang, both Firefox and IE, and I'm on very fast bb at the moment.

Switch to the mobile theme and you won't have any problems.

Thanks, AC, have ... noticed your earlier post. :)

• Advertisement

No bother man the more the merrier. Worst thing is they don't have the mobile theme on boards.tv. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Going to try and install it now if I can. :)

Install what?

mobile theme

You don't need to install it. Just go to the drop down at the bottom of the screen and change it to mobile. I really shouldn't be telling people this, would have made getting the last post on the 3am cuckoos nest thread a piece of piss.

Ah I'm talking about boards.tv. :) /me sneaks off

Oh right. I was wondering why it wasn't on it.

AC wrote:
    I really shouldn't be telling people this, would have made getting the last post on the 3am cuckoos nest thread a piece of piss.
    Aye, but flying solo is never as satisfying! >_>

randy wrote:
    Aye, but flying solo is never as satisfying! >_>

A win is a win.

Same issue...

• Advertisement

Yeah I noticed it as well. Oh well back to mobile theme.

You probably know this, but adblocking (if you're on firefox) ads.boards.ie/*
    will sort the problem.

Mine will stay on until the issue is resolved.

Not for me it doesn't. The ads don't appear but it still says it's waiting on it for ages.

Did you try the wild card "*", as in:

Click adblock, new filter, insert "http://ads.boards.ie/*"?

That should cut it.

I'm using cloud skin btw, not that that should make any difference.

ok again now?

was doing it to me a while back, but I was afk for an hour (+/-) and it seems fine now ...

Did you try the wild card "*", as in:

Click adblock, new filter, insert "http://ads.boards.ie/*"?

That should cut it.

I'm using cloud skin btw, not that that should make any difference.

I have that but it isn't working. I've just realised that I've had adblock set to hide ad and not remove ad. I'm going to try it on remove ad.

O_o

Ok ... I'm on IE atm, white skin, ads not blocked, no problems, flying along ...

... though I did see it for a few minutes earlier.

Setting it to remove ad sorted it. :)

Getting errors quite often at the moment (number of users online might explain the problem).

• Advertisement

Yup, just got an error while trying to send a PM. I blame that ApeXaviour one for all the trouble.

Edit: Just got the dreaded all white page while trying to open the 'Is suicide immoral?' thread on AH.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement