Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Datastore/database errors ONLY!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

Also now I can't see anything past my last post even though I can see from viewing the forum that AC replied ... I presume its a problem my side?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,065 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Looks like it is. Try clearing your cache. That may solve it.

I cleared them in work and it still happened. Got one of the girls in my office to log in on my machine and all was fine. Logged out and I logged back in .... gone again!

Am at home now and getting the same problems :(

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,065 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Did you log in to your account while she was logged in to your computer? If not it may be something to do with your account. It looks like your subscription has run out, maybe that could have something to do with it.

Nope she logged out and cache etc was cleared again.

I'll have to check out my subscription as that was set to just renew?

• Advertisement

Create another account and see if you are having the same problems. If not then it may indicate that there is something wrong with your account.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

Create another account and see if you are having the same problems. If not then it may indicate that there is something wrong with your account.
    /6th gets banned for duplicate accounts....
    :D

I think I've found the problem. A change had been made which swapped my main user group from Subscriber to something else. Its something I'm discussing elsewhere so hopefully it will get sorted tomorrow. I changed back to Sub but its still arseways on the dropdowns.

Cheers for the help.

6th

RuggieBear wrote: »
    /6th gets banned for duplicate accounts....
    :D

Thankfully my spidey senses warned me about AC's little trap! :D

6th wrote: »
    Thankfully my spidey senses warned me about AC's little trap! :D

Drats, and I would have gotten away with it too, if it hadn't been for those kids and that damn dog.........bear. :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Getting a few errors a few moments ago, I assume there is some tinkering about with the system. :)

I got some serious slowdown there for a while. No errors though.

• Subscribers Posts: 16,578 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

got 5 or 6 database and connection errors today.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

I've been getting a few for the last 30 mins or so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭RoundyMooney

Slowness and time outs go leor. In that order :)

I suppose for the last hour or so?

Three stops and F5's to get this up.

I'm getting loads of timeouts as well. Using xp and firefox.

• Subscribers Posts: 16,578 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

yisser all jus copyin me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

It's all going Pete Tong.

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

One of the machines is acting the mick, I've taken it off for the moment, boards.ie should be back to full responsiveness.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭watna

CuLT wrote: »
    One of the machines is acting the mick, I've taken it off for the moment, boards.ie should be back to full responsiveness.

Cult, have you moved in to the boards office? Do you live there now?!

Lots of problems earlier on for me too but seems to be fixed now, still a tiny bit slow but.. meh :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭RoundyMooney

Perfect again, thanks CuLtster.

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

watna wrote: »
    Cult, have you moved in to the boards office? Do you live there now?!

Lots of problems earlier on for me too but seems to be fixed now, still a tiny bit slow but.. meh :)
    Remote access, plus I'm on the boards all fecking day and night now, so if I spot a problem out of hours I fix it because it'll annoy me too ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭watna

CuLT wrote: »
    Remote access, plus I'm on the boards all fecking day and night now, so if I spot a problem out of hours I fix it because it'll annoy me too ;)

Ah, remote access, That's too technical for me!

You're my hero though! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

Lots of problems here tonight.

A lot of pages won't load and I couldn't get the reply box in adverts.

Same here. Lots of time outs and just general slowness.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,259 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

hamster_escape1.jpg

Quick someone turn cookies back on :D

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 29,509 Mod ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Same here. Lots of time outs and just general slowness.
    Yup. 3 attempts to get in here to see if it was just me, or if others were having same problem. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,831 ✭✭✭Slow Motion

Getting a few database errors today and very slow loading times.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Getting a few database errors today and very slow loading times.
    Yeah, me too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,676 ✭✭✭green123

slow for me too, and a database error.

why is boards constantly ****ed ?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement