Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommended Movies on TV

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 350 ✭✭mickgotsick

This is England on Film4 at 9 tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,240 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

super flic

• Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭The Gibzilla

Be Kind Rewind is on RTE 2 in an hour (I think) if anyone's having a late one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 212 ✭✭realgirl

Be Kind Rewind is on RTE 2 in an hour (I think) if anyone's having a late one.

One of the few movies I have ever turned off after less than 30 mins! I'd watch nearly anything to the end-but not this....were you joking? :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭The Gibzilla

realgirl wrote: »
    One of the few movies I have ever turned off after less than 30 mins! I'd watch nearly anything to the end-but not this....were you joking? :-)

No, not at all! I think it's a good movie and a very original idea. It also has the feel good factor too and the "Boyz in The Hood" remake section always makes me laugh. I'm not a big Jack Black fan either but I think he's bearable in this movie. It's a quirky movie and I can see why people might not like it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 85,125 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I've Loved You So Long 11:50pm BBC 2, Kristin Scott Thomas is excellent in it

• Registered Users Posts: 12,959 ✭✭✭✭bnt

Hulk (2003) is on ITV2 tonight at 7:15PM, if you get it. This is Ang Lee's much-maligned "arthouse superhero" film. which divided critics. Some called it self-important, or too "slow" and thoughtful, but I liked it a lot. (I don't know how objective I am, since Lee's The Ice Storm is one of my all-time favourite films.) The director uses some distinctly non-Hollywood pacing and methods, sometimes using split screens to emulate the look of comic strip panels.

Quote from the Newsweek review: "where so many comic-book movies feel as disposable as Kleenex, the passionate, uncynical Hulk stamps itself into your memory. Lee’s movies are built to last". If the recent comments on IMDB are any guide, it's getting a well-deserved critical re-examination.

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

• Registered Users Posts: 18,150 ✭✭✭✭Malari

bnt wrote: »
    Hulk (2003) is on ITV2 tonight at 7:15PM,.

You won't like me when I'm Ang Lee?

Kill Bill Volume 1 is on Watch at 9.30pm if you are on the Tarantino vibe with Django.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭Tindie

Lucky Number Slevin
    Sunday 11:10pm Film 4
    The Prophecy
    Sunday 9pm Sony Channel

I will be watching The Grey Sky movies
    not seen yet 10pm

• Registered Users Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭Tindie

I just found The Human Centipede on movies 24 11pm!

I saw the south park spoof other day, LOL

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭Squeaky the Squirrel

Tindie wrote: »
    I will be watching The Grey Sky movies
    not seen yet 10pm
    Its not great...the trailer is the best of it...awful end, couldnt be worse.

Watch limitless at 9 on ch4.

It could have been alot better aswell but at least you wont say ffs at the end of it.

Felon is on RTE 2 later tonight (stars Stephen Dorff and Val Kilmer)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,800 ✭✭✭take everything

Beautiful Girls on RTE 1 now.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,959 ✭✭✭✭bnt

Malari wrote: »
    You won't like me when I'm Ang Lee?
    Well, I like his work, so ...

TG4 21:10 Sat.: Heavenly Creatures (1994), the film that put both Kate Winslet and director Peter Jackson on the map. The true story of two girls (Winslet and Melanie Lynskey) in 1950s New Zealand, who become such close friends that they murder the mother of one of them, after she tries to separate them. That's not a spoiler - the film opens with the girls screaming and covered in blood - but the real story is in how they got to that point, inventing a claustrophobic fantasy world that Jackson shows through stop-motion animation and subtle visual effects.

Also on later: Unforgiven (Clint Eastwood's last Western) on TV3 (22:35), and Total Recall (Arnie goes to Mars) on UTV (22:40). Badlands (dir. Terence Malick with Martin Sheen & Sissy Spacek) is on BBC2 at 12:20.

Then there's Mary Reilly, Stephen Frear's remake of the Dr. Jekyll & Mr. Hyde story, with John Malkovich and Julia Roberts as the Irish housemaid of the title. The story is told from her POV instead, and I quite liked it. Foggy Georgian London is suitably Gothic, and Julia's accent isn't a dealbreaker, as some critics suggested.

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,441 ✭✭✭old hippy

Badlands - BBC2 12.20
    Terrence Malick's classic (and possibly greatest) film with a young Martin Sheen and Sissy Spacek on the run. Influential on such films as True Romance (even the score is borrowed from Badlands), Natural Born Killers, Kalifornia and Too Young to Die.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,926 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

War of The Buttons is on RTÉ at 14:05 this afternoon. 90's childhood classic! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Profondo Rosso (1975) Dario Argento at his most intense. Horror Channel 00.40-02.40am

• Registered Users Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭brian_t

Dead Snow a Norwegian zombie comedy from the director of Hansel and Gretel: Witch Hunters is on The Horror channel at 9.00pm

• Registered Users Posts: 1,952 ✭✭✭funnights74

Salt Channel 4 @9 pm. Angelina jolie spy thriller. Very decent flick.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,434 ✭✭✭Boots234

Braveheart just starting on TV3

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,103 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

The delightfully weird music-based apocalypse comedy-drama thing Fish Story is on Film Four at 11.15PM (or 00.15 on +1, of course). Lots of fun!

Source Code is on TV3 at 9pm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,432 ✭✭✭willmunny1990

The Terminator is on Syfy at 10:00 tonight.

And if ya have the stomach for it Scum is on ITV4 at 10:00!:)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,441 ✭✭✭old hippy

Miyazaki/Ghibli films on Film 4 next week, including:
    Princess Mononoke
    Spirited Away
    Kiki's Delivert Service
    Porco Rossa

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,103 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Kill List on Channel 4 tonight sometime after eleven.

If you haven't seen it yet, don't read anything: just watch it blind.

Red is on Channel 4 tonight at 9pm

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

The Godfather is on Film Four @ 9pm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,106 ✭✭✭catallus

Burn After Reading is on RTE2 at 9pm; wonderfully daft fun.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

Weird Science Syfy +1 (Sky 194) starting now at 9pm.
    Deliverance Sky Thriller (Sky 307) 9pm.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,926 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

Ruairi Robinson's short film Blinky is on RTÉ2 tonight at 11:45 as part of their short screen series. A bit like a dark Wall-E, kind of.

Advertisement