Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommended Movies on TV

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,441 ✭✭✭old hippy

Date Night - Film 4, 9pm starring Tina Fey & Steve Carell

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,432 ✭✭✭willmunny1990

One of my childhood favorites Jumanji is on Comedy now.

Jurassic Park 3 and Terminator 2 also on ITV2 tonight at 19:15 and 9.00.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭pookiesboo

Animal Kingdom on Film4 tonight at 10.45

• Registered Users Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭longshanks

pookiesboo wrote: »
    Animal Kingdom on Film4 tonight at 10.45

Good film that.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,959 ✭✭✭✭bnt

Glory is on TV3 at 11:15PM tonight: powerful US Civil War film about the first regiment of freed slaves. Won 3 Oscars, including one for Denzel Washington. Also starring Matthew Broderick and Cary Elwes.

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,515 ✭✭✭RichT

The excellent (IMO) 'The Prestige' is on BBC3 tonight @ 9pm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭Squeaky the Squirrel

Leap Year on RTE +1 in 10minutes. Very good.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,362 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Leap Year on RTE +1 in 10minutes. Very good.

Each to their own and all that but in all fairness

siblers wrote: »

Lol, now are you knocking it without even looking at it?

Face-off is on rte2 at 21.00

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,926 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

siblers wrote: »
    Lol, now are you knocking it without even looking at it?

Face-off is on rte2 at 21.00

I subjected myself to it on Wednesday. Said all I need to say about it in the "What have you watched recently..." thread. Abysmal.

The Young Victoria is on BBC2 (I think) later this evening. Haven't seen it but Victoria was a very interesting character, a right battle axe by all accounts. Although with the lovely Emily Blunt playing her I doubt they'll be covering her lesser years.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,096 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Martha Marcy May Marlene is on Sky Premiere for a week starting tonight. It's without a doubt one of last year's (although made in 2011) most fascinating, brilliant films. Assured debut from director Sean Durkin, and a remarkable lead performance from Elizabeth Olsen.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,441 ✭✭✭old hippy

Martha Marcy May Marlene is on Sky Premiere for a week starting tonight. It's without a doubt one of last year's (although made in 2011) most fascinating, brilliant films. Assured debut from director Sean Durkin, and a remarkable lead performance from Elizabeth Olsen.

An excellent performance and chilling film with an ambiguous ending. Highly recommend.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,959 ✭✭✭✭bnt

On a lighter family-friendly note, Monsters vs. Aliens is on RTE1 today, 5:25PM. Dreamworks animation with loads of references to other science fiction films (which is probably why I liked it). Voices by Reese Witherspoon, Hugh Laurie, Rainn Wilson, Kiefer Sutherland, Seth Rogen, and Stephen Colbert as the President. Not to be confused with Cowboys vs. Aliens. :cool:

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

• Registered Users Posts: 85,075 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Heat is on TV3 tonight at 10pm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

Honey, I Shrunk The Kids starting now on Film4. Amazing!

Junebug is on TG4 at 9.30pm - great performance from Amy Adams

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Junebug is on TG4 at 9.30pm - great performance from Amy Adams
    Was it as good as leap year?:pac::pac:

Was it as good as leap year?:pac::pac:

Na hard for any other role to top that for her :p

• Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭SpaceCowb0y

Quality film!! Wish i had NTL record or whatever its called! Feck it anyway!

• Advertisement

51st State is on Channel 4 and Channel 4 + 1

• Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭Reg'stoy

The wonderful Once Upon a Time in America is on tonight at ten past twelve on RTE Two.

This film has everything, Score, Script, beautifully shot and a brillant cast. If you haven't seen it, do so!; you will not regret staying up late or recording it.

Reg'stoy wrote: »
    The wonderful Once Upon a Time in America is on tonight at ten past twelve on RTE Two.

This film has everything, Score, Script, beautifully shot and a brillant cast. If you haven't seen it, do so!; you will not regret staying up late or recording it.
    I thought it was that film with Ted Danson and whoopie Goldberg you were on about...never seen it, looks good.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,515 ✭✭✭RichT

Reg'stoy wrote: »

^^^ What Reg said!
    never seen it, looks good

It's not good..... IT'S EFFING BRILLIANT!

Sergio Leone, Robert De Nero, James Woods and Ennio Morricone's superb score. I absolutely love this film!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

In Her Shoes currently on tg4 :)

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭Bummppd

25th Hour on Watch tonight at 10. Edward Norton superb in this!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Bummppd wrote: »
    25th Hour on Watch tonight at 10. Edward Norton superb in this!

Brilliant film, Ed Norton at his best up there with American History X and Primal Fear imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭Bummppd

Brilliant film, Ed Norton at his best up there with American History X and Primal Fear imo.

Couldn't agree more, Have only seen it once ages ago, Can't wait to see it again! Pjs, Hot Choc, and pizza at the ready!!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

:pac: never noticed Isiah Whitlock was in 25th hour in full Clay Davis mode from the Wire, Shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiittttt :D.

• Advertisement

One Hour Photo is on TG4 at 9.30pm tonight

The Lookout is on RTE 2 at 12.20am tonight

Advertisement