Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommended Movies on TV

Options

Comments

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,212 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Curses just saw Ladyhawke was on filmfour at 6:45. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,225 ✭✭✭fillefatale

blastman wrote: »
    Just in case you hadn't noticed, More4 are showing the award-winning documentary "The Cove" tonight at 10pm

From the Channel4 site:
    "Louie Psihoyos' Oscar-winning documentary shows in chilling detail the illicit slaughter of dolphins at Taijia, a rural Japanese cove"

Should be worth a look.

Was just going to post about this. Saw it for the first time a few months ago and it profoundly affected me and I've been telling everyone about it since. Just sitting down watching it now.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Rambo 4 on TV3 at 9pm - turn off your brain and enjoy.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,212 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Slither on film four tonight at 11:35 and film four +1 at 12:35. Great B-movie style fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 806 ✭✭✭Niall09

Fight Club, FilmFour @ 11pm

:)

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Oceans Eleven on now on Sky 1.

Out for Justice on at 9.30 on TV3, one of Segals classic movies.

Catch Me If You Can on at 10.45 on BBC1

Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country on CH4 at 11.05, one of my favourite Star Trek movies.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Die Hard is on FilmFour @ 9pm. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,953 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Toy Story 2 is on on BBC 3

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,689 ✭✭✭✭OutlawPete

Die Hard is on FilmFour @ 9pm. :)

Cheers, I'll watch that now on Film4 +1.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

District 13 (NOT 9!), French futuristisic thriller set in suburban Paris Channel 4 9/10 pm Monday, or if you prefer, Ronin Channel 5 at the same time.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,255 ✭✭✭James T Kirk

Big +1 for both those films. District 13, especially, blows any Hollywood sci-fi actioner clean out of the water. The Parkour scenes are amazing. Starts in five minutes! :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,364 ✭✭✭paddyismaddy

bend it like beckham rte 2 tonight

• Registered Users Posts: 8,267 ✭✭✭opr

bend it like beckham rte 2 tonight

Giving people an advance warning so they can avoid ? :p

Opr

• Registered Users Posts: 12,973 ✭✭✭✭bnt

Being There was on a few weeks ago, at some stupid hour, but today it's on at a more sensible time: UTV, 14:10. This was Peter Sellers' last film but one, playing a long-cloistered gardener of (shall we say) limited intellect, who is forced to deal with the real world after his employer dies. How does he survive in Washington DC? Watch out for the ending.

Roger Ebert has it as one of his "Great Movies", though his review has spoilers.

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

• Registered Users Posts: 8,399 ✭✭✭cml387

bnt wrote: »
    Being There was on a few weeks ago, at some stupid hour, but today it's on at a more sensible time: UTV, 14:10. This was Peter Sellers' last film but one, playing a long-cloistered gardener of (shall we say) limited intellect, who is forced to deal with the real world after his employer dies. How does he survive in Washington DC? Watch out for the ending.

Roger Ebert has it as one of his "Great Movies", though his review has spoilers.

If you haven't seen it,look forward to a treat.

A couple more recommendations for today:

The Untouchables (RTE2 22:00). Been on a few times, but if you haven't seen it it's still recommended.

Insomnia (BBC1 22:40): Christopher Nolan's remake of the Norwegian film, starring Al Pacino, Robin Williams, and Hilary Swank.

I'll be watching a film I haven't seen before but heard a lot about: Bob Roberts (3e 22:00) a political mockumentary with Tim Robbins and Alan Rickman.

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

Cool, I've never seen Insomnia so will watch that. Bob Roberts is very funny and Being There is a brilliant film, same director as Harold & Maude I believe.

Belleville Rendez-vous, delightful animated French film about a 'cycle race, 75 mins. BBC4 10.50 pm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,183 ✭✭✭storm2811

The Field is on RTE1 next Friday.
    Great film imo.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,689 ✭✭✭✭OutlawPete

Shine (1995) .. is just starting on BBC1 London now.

Classic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭bertie4evr

The Rocky Horror Picture Show is on Film4 Sunday night.It's on at 1:25AM though unfortunately:(

RTE 1, Waitress, 10.30pm tonight
    More4, The War of the Roses, 9pm tonight

Westworld BBC 2
    00.15am tonight

Five Easy Pieces is on RTE 1, Monday, 1.30am.
    Been waiting a while to see this now so I'm looking forward to seeing it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 BrianDillon316

The only film on tonight that shouldnt be missed... Titanic 2 in syfy. Classic!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,565 ✭✭✭losthorizon

Romanzo Criminale is on tonight on RTE 2. Italian Mafia film

• Registered Users Posts: 85,894 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

The Wedding Singer on TV3 tonight 9pm

A classic horror/suspense film tonight: The Hitcher, 3e, 22:00. The original from 1986 with Rutger Hauer, not the poor 2007 remake.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Barton Fink is on at 10pm on TG4. Well worth a watch.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,255 ✭✭✭Renn

suspiria_poster_012-550x382.jpg

Suspiria (1977)

FilmFour :: Friday Night :: 01:55

Advertisement