Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommended Movies on TV

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 504 ✭✭✭SVG

The Jerk is on ITV4 tonight at 11pm.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,973 ✭✭✭✭bnt

Clueless is on E4 from 10PM tonight. If you've got to do a West Coast teenager version of a classic novel (Emma by Jane Austen), this is the way to do it: give Alicia Silverstone some very un-Austen dialogue.
    So okay, I don't want to be a traitor to my generation and all but I don't get how guys dress today. I mean, come on, it looks like they just fell out of bed and put on some baggy pants and take their greasy hair - ew - and cover it up with a backwards cap and like, we're expected to swoon? I don't think so.

Not scary enough? Alien, Ch4, 12:10am.

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

• Registered Users Posts: 4,565 ✭✭✭losthorizon

bnt wrote: »
    Clueless is on E4 from 10PM tonight. If you've got to do a West Coast teenager version of a classic novel (Emma by Jane Austen), this is the way to do it: give Alicia Silverstone some very un-Austen dialogue.

Not scary enough? Alien, Ch4, 12:10am.

I read somewhere that subconsciously Alien deals with mens fear of being raped. I didnt find it that scary - excellent film though.

I think the RTE has been reading the "war movies" thread, since The Big Red One is on today, RTE2 15:15. It's a 2-hour timeslot, so the original edition, not Reconstructed.

PS: Arachnophobia, TV3, 21:45. One of those films guaranteed to put a smile on your face ... unless you have a problem with spiders? :P

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,212 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

PS: Arachnophobia, TV3, 21:45. One of those films guaranteed to put a smile on your face ... unless you have a problem with spiders? :P

That scared the **** out of me when i was a kid :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

I think the RTE has been reading the "war movies" thread, since The Big Red One is on today, RTE2 15:15. It's a 2-hour timeslot, so the original edition, not Reconstructed.

Are you including advertising?

Elmo wrote: »
    Are you including advertising?
    Since the Reconstructed version clocks in at about 160 minutes (2h40m), I didn't think a few minutes of ads would make much difference. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭bertie4evr

Rope is on Film 4 tomorrow at 4:50pm

• Registered Users Posts: 4,565 ✭✭✭losthorizon

The Counterfeiters is on BBC4 tonight.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

The Counterfeiters is on BBC4 tonight.
    Excellent, if a little grim, viewing. Defo a must-see.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Rubik.

American Gangster - tonight RTE1 9.35

Network is on TCM at 11.15pm tonight. It has the famous meltdown!

'I'M AS MAD AS HELL, AND I'M NOT GOING TO TAKE THIS ANYMORE!' I want you to get up right now, sit up, go to your windows, open them and stick your head out and yell - 'I'm as mad as hell and I'm not going to take this anymore!' Things have got to change. But first, you've gotta get mad!... You've got to say, 'I'm as mad as hell, and I'm not going to take this anymore!' Then we'll figure out what to do about the depression and the inflation and the oil crisis. But first get up out of your chairs, open the window, stick your head out, and yell, and say it!

11:10 Falling Down.

This and Wall Street are my favourite Michael Douglas movies!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,689 ✭✭✭✭OutlawPete

Big just started on Channel4.

On 6.30pm on Channel4 +1, obviously :)

• Registered Users Posts: 875 ✭✭✭Cookie33

OutlawPete wrote: »
    Big just started on Channel4.

On 6.30pm on Channel4 +1, obviously :)

one of the many great movies by Tom Hanks. love it

Children of Men is on ITV4 tonight at 9.

Blood Diamond tonight at 9:30 TG4.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭A V A

control is on now on film 4

Big Night is on tonight at 1.15am on TG4.

Saturday, 15:15, RTE Two: On The Waterfront. If you've ever found yourself wondering how Marlon Brando became such a respected actor, this is the film to watch.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 875 ✭✭✭Cookie33

Die Hard 2 is on channel 4 @ 9

Phonebooth follows it on channel 4 tonight @ 11:15

• Registered Users Posts: 4,830 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

Cobb starting Rte two at 11.40. Imo it has to be up there as one of the greatest sports related movies ever.

Flags Of Our Fathers - tonight, 21:30, TG4. In English, I hope. Directed by Clint Eastwood, about the famous Iwo Jima flag-raising during WW2, and the consequences for those involved. (Half of a 2-part story: the other half, Letters From Iwo Jima, is told from the Japanese perspective. )

Flags Of Our Fathers - tonight, 21:30, TG4. In English, I hope. Directed by Clint Eastwood, about the famous Iwo Jima flag-raising during WW2, and the consequences for those involved. (Half of a 2-part story: the other half, Letters From Iwo Jima, is told from the Japanese perspective. )

What other language would it be in????

eeh in irish since its on tg4 ?!?!?! some times they have dubbed films on tg4

A V A wrote: »
    eeh in irish since its on tg4 ?!?!?! some times they have dubbed films on tg4

They never dubbed films for Adults on TG4 into Irish. A few Children's films have been dubbed but Sin é.

The only time TG4 have dubbed films have been for the Harry Potter franchise and one or two others. Flags of Our Fathers will not be dubbed nor will 99.8% of the films they show for the simple reason that it makes absolutely no sense. It won't attract more viewers, in fact it would have the opposite effect and have people turning it off.

The only time TG4 have dubbed films have been for the Harry Potter franchise and one or two others. Flags of Our Fathers will not be dubbed nor will 99.8% of the films they show for the simple reason that it makes absolutely no sense. It won't attract more viewers, in fact it would have the opposite effect and have people turning it off.

And most Irish speakers will also dislike this, re-dubbing a film into another language never helps. I would never change the soundtrack to English on DVDs it just doesn't sound right.

And most Irish speakers will also dislike this, re-dubbing a film into another language never helps. I would never change the soundtrack to English on DVDs it just doesn't sound right.
    I was kidding, folks! I've never seen a dubbed movie on TG4. Quite the opposite - they show quite a few foreign films with subtitles. Next time: more smileys. :o

• Advertisement

They never dubbed films for Adults on TG4 into Irish. A few Children's films have been dubbed but Sin é.

iv watched a film in irish before with the brother , cant remember what film it was but it was defo was in irish !?!?!!?!! and iv seen harry potter 4 on tg4 at 10 o'clock at night in irish!! the 4th film is pretty dark and is classed as a n adults film aswell :P

Advertisement