Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ghosts - What are your experiences?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 49 MsMolko

I'd be terrified to visit that place. I have never seen a ghost, just had that odd experience i detailed earlier in this thread.
    We were thinking of buying it but it was far too expensive. Anyway, as soon as I went in I hated it. The second time I went to look, there were dead doves all over the place. It's one weird place.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 994 ✭✭✭kshiel

Last night I was driving back from doing some shopping, and when I was near home I felt a presence in the car. Now I know they can show up anywhere so to speak, but this for me was unusal and I got a little angry actually. I did ask the spirit to introduce its self but it wouldn't give me a name, so I told it baiscally to get out. I felt bad for doing that but at the same time I thought, I dont want this happening while kids are with me just in case I get caught unawares and jump while driving.

Has anyone experienced them popping in while you are driving?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,266 ✭✭✭Steyr

I sometimes feel the hairs on my body stand up thats supposed to be a sign that somebody is near/with you?

• Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭Aisling&M

I had a little girl spirit recently who just jumped into my car and followed me to work for a while!
    I do agree though about being undistracted while driving! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 423 ✭✭triskell

I've had this happen twice to me. the first time i was 18 still learning to drive, one night i was going home from a local disco, dropped off a friend and passed local church, theres a hill just by curch and car conked out i think it was me and the clutch but after i got it going again i felt very odd like there was somebody with me in the car, i really wound myself up and after about amile or so i conked the car again, then i was fine, nothing just left wondering what was wrong with me.
    the second time on a country road i got this terrible feeling of terror like a cold wet blanket just landed on me i twisted the mirror away because i was certain that somthing was in the back seat after a while maybe a mile or so i fet better. when i got home my shirt jeans were soaked in sweat and iwas shaking, i still wonder, was it just me. i travelled this road at least twice a day while i was in national school and never felt anything odd.
    PS: I dont drink then or now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭secrecy_ie

Recently I was lying in bed and trying to sleep, I could feel a presence around me, but it was a nice one, nothing bad, I suddenly felt someone holding my hand, but it wasn't my boyfriend beside me. For some reason, and I don't know why, I just knew it was my grandmother who passed away when I was a teenager. As I said, I can't explain it, but I really feel that my grandmother was there.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,649 ✭✭✭Catari Jaguar

My aunt's husband, George, passed away 3 christmas's ago. Whenever she used to visit the grave to put flowers on with her daughters there'd be a little rabbit on the grave. Sometimes it would appear at the gate as they were walking in and hop down to the grave and sit there. One time it hopped across to George's parents grave and sat on it!

One of her daughters went to a medium one day not long after the death and he described George really well, he also told her that George says to "Look out for the rabbit" :) They cant visit the grave as much any more cos cant afford taxi out there. I dont think the rabbit is there anymore. I just thought that was a really nice experience to have.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,649 ✭✭✭Catari Jaguar

Another nice one I have is about my gran. In a nursing home a few years back, she just passed away in her sleep, she was 98 years old. A nurse was in with her, and as soon as she died her music box beside the bed started playing by itself. No one had wound it or anything, I'm not even sure if it had been in working order cos it was really old. Bit strange. :confused: Nurse said it was really beautiful and calm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭Pipp

Steyr wrote:
    I sometimes feel the hairs on my body stand up thats supposed to be a sign that somebody is near/with you?

Yes! That happens to me alot, especially when Im driving in my car alone.
    Theres one particular place near Tullow in Co. Carlow where the road goes passed a very large and very old looking house. Every time I'd pass that house I get goosebumps and all the hair on my arms stands up. It turns out that the field beside that house was the location for a large battle in the 1798 rebellion where a large number of people lost their lives. Theres a monument there dedicated to them. I suppose Im picking up on those poor people that died there.
    I would imagine that that house has an "atmosphere" too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭ats

Been reading through this and find it fascinating. sorry for the long post i tend to go on a bit in this one.

I've always felt I was a little more in contact than others. No real reason to other than a few small experiences. Most to do with knowing of things before they happen (Precognition??) when I was in college my uncle lived with us but died of cancer. It was a long lingering painful death on his part. Anyway for years after that any time I was in a time of difficulty I would almost feel him close to me. I could never look directly at him but he was always in the corner of my eye off to the distance at those times. He gave his watch to my father just before he died and after his passing my father gave it to me, coz I broke mine. Anyway there was a fight a little after the death over the watch. My aunt who was close to he said that my uncle (he was not her husband) had promised it to her grandson. Both her and my mom argued over it so I took the watch off and held a hammer over it. I told them their brother had died and they are arguing over a watch, i told them i'd smash it and they could share teh pieces :)

Anyway the years passed, almost 12 years and my aunt comes over and said she has been to a psychic/fortune teller who says my uncle is not resting easy as he wants the watch to go to her grandson. the weird thing is that I had put that watch away almost 12 years before and never wore it again yet the day before she came out I was cleaning out my room and came across it and left it at the window where I could put my hand on it.

Another happened after I came home from living in France. I was dating an English lass at the time and she had returned to London for college (we met in France that summer) anyway we made plans for me to travel to the UK and live with her. Right up to a week before I had the plane tickets and everything and it was all set I was going to get any job I could. Because she was in college and I wasn't working we would phone once a month and write the rest, almost 2 letters a week. Anyway that week we spoke on the phone and everything was cool, yet 4 days later I get a "dear John" letter. The strange thing is normally I would open the letters and read them even before I would eat. This day I held it and felt heart broken. Ate my dinner watched TV and a few hours later opened it and it was as I had expected. "I don't think you should come over...."

Then last year I had some friends stay for a wedding. They had travelled from Florida. I was having a few drinks with my friend and decided to hit the sack. He stayed up and had one or two more then hit the sack. Next day he asked if anyone had died in the house. I said yes. My uncle and my father. Both in different rooms. He said it wasn't my father as he knew my father. Asked me to describe my uncle, so I did from all I could remember (it had been 12 years) and again he said no. this was older people he said. Dressed in what he describes as Sherlock holms era clothing (he's from the US) he said there was a group of them just walking through our living room and the place seemed a little hot as they passed through. The area in the room he pointed at is along the lines of where the central heating pipes in that room run through.

Its strange coz I lived there for almost 28 years and never experienced anything. The area he pointed to is also where I use to sit most of the time as a child and the seat he was sitting in was my fathers "throne".

I moved into an apartment recently and while walking alone the hall I noticed a shadow behind me. It was dark in the hall and we do have a mirror at the end which I was walking toward but from what I can tell there’s no way I could see a shadow behind me in the dark. Hell I couldn't even see myself yet felt it. Also in the same hall a few months previous about a week after we walked in I thought I heard someone whisper a name in my ear. My wife was in the living room and no one else in the house but I could have sworn I heard the name colm. I don't know anyone by that name. Never have.

Finally when I was younger I had a friend from Ohio. We use to write to each other a lot. One night I remember having a dream. I was being chased through a forest by a pack of wolves; I came to a stone bridge over a stream and felt safe. One of the wolves also came to the bridge but didn't step onto it. It just looked at me. I can't remember the rest now it was 15 years ago. But in the next letter my friend described this old bridge she had found just outside her patents place in a small wood. The area was almost like in my dream.

15 years later and after 12 years of no contact I decide to Google her. I came across a name, wrong surname right date of birth from a city close to where she lived. Same maiden name though I didn't know she had married. There was a photo on the gallery and one was of a guy and a woman but the woman face was obscured by her blond hair. I knew instantly it was her and wrote to her immediately (I know I sound like a stalker) it was her. Married with 3 kids but living in Florida not that city I had got the contact details for.
    Shortly after we start writing again I have a dream, a girl the looks like her but isn't her is chased this time through the streets. By her side is a wolf though the wolf is protecting her. She comes to a rest and the child turns out to be my friend and the wolf me and we hold each other and I fell though I am protecting her. I don't hear from my friend for a week so I wrote and asked what was up. Turns out the night I had that dream she found out her husband had a tumour behind his ear.

about a year ago i was going through a really bad patch, to the point where most nights i would fall asleep wishing i wouldn't wake. lots of fighting with my wife that sort of thing, had lost my jod and so on. anywat one night it got so bad that i started to bit at my wrist and digging with my nail (they where red for 2 days after) i found it hard to breath and i kept wishing i wouldn't wake. then all of a suddon i fely at peace with myslef and my life. i started to cry and fell asleep and dreamt of my father. nothing in particular just his presence around me making me feel safe and comfortable. in a way he never did when i was a child. even though we would spend lots of time together he never was one to express affection, he was always one to leave the affection to my mother. if i fell and got hurt he would be like "suck it up ya didn't loose an eye or anything". but that night i felt so mush love and forgiveness. When he died i refused to carry his coffin and have always hated myself for that. but now i don't because instead of carrying teh coffin i was beside my mother when she needed me, up until then i felt shame over my actions. but since that dream i felt it was right for me to do that.

the parts about the dreams probably belong in a different section but thought i'd include them.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭ats

i was at a wedding a few years back in Kilkea castle in Castledermott. that place is suppose to be haunted. i stayed in the castle itself. didn't ge a wink of sleap all night was scared sh1tless LOL. half the castle is closed off because of the supposed ghost.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭dade

ats wrote:
    i was at a wedding a few years back in Kilkea castle in Castledermott. that place is suppose to be haunted. i stayed in the castle itself. didn't ge a wink of sleap all night was scared sh1tless LOL. half the castle is closed off because of the supposed ghost.

I got married there last year. stayed in the bridal sweet but couldn't sleep eather (not for that reason) I went to teh toilet in the middle of teh night and teh bathroom was bloody freezing, its in one of teh turrets. as i came out i looked out one if teh arrow slit windows and turned and saw someone infront of me. i couldn't breath only for i just went i probably would have peed myslef. when i managed to breathe again it turned out my waife had decided to go to teh toilet too and i hadnt heard her get out of bed.

buit all that night i was restless and felt someone in the room. a woman i think she had dark hair (my wife is blond).

anyone know any histroy of teh place? i think its suppose to be haunted by a boy who died during a fire or something.

I also stayed in teh Hollywood Roosevelt hotel. the 13th floor is suppose to be haunted, i think my Marilyn Monroe. we stayed on teh 12th, couldn't sleep my first night either. hotel staff hjoked it was probably teh ghost and i told them no it was the macheniary for teh aircon over our room LOL

• Closed Accounts Posts: 994 ✭✭✭kshiel

KilKea Castle has a story attached to it, one of is where the Earl of KilKea was suppose to be a Wizard of sorts and on one night he brought his wife to the tower and told her he wanted to show her something, he told her if she screamed he would disapear and not return. He then was supposed to have turned himself into a bird of some sort, but, before he could change back his cat caught him and killed him. It is said that on a seven year span he is to be seen in his human self riding a horse up and down the now drive way until the shoes of the horse wear out. There is a room within the castle which is stone cold, a lot of people who have worked in the castle refused to work in that room, I know my father worked in the room and said it was extremely cold within it, but he never saw anything and he managed to finish the work he was employed to do at the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,383 ✭✭✭emeraldstar

Steyr wrote:
    or it's cold

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Quincy

I am a very rational person and quite cynical about a lot of things but I have had a few experiences like this.

The first happened to me when I was 17. I am a very deep sleeper, but one night for no apparent reason I woke up very suddenly, I was lying on my back and my room was pitch black and totally silent and I sensed that there was someone there. As my eyes started to adjust to the dark, I could see the outline of a tall man standing over my bed - he was between my bed and the wall. I couldn't see his face but I could feel him looking at me and hear his breathing. I knew it wasn't a burglar or some escaped lunatic.....I knew this was some sort of "ghost"

The really strange thing was that I was so absolutely terrified that I couldn't move a muscle or get any sound out of my mouth when I tried to speak, I was completely paralised with fear. So, I just closed my eyes as tightly as possible for as long as possible which seemed like an eternaty before I had the balls to open them again, when I did, they were gone and the room didn't feel so deadly quiet and tense.

Anyway I ran into my parents room and woke them up. They had never seen me so terrified or totally convinced in their lives. My mam believed me because she saw how determined I was that this wasn't a dream!

The next experience of this sort of thing happened about two ears ago. My parents and brother went to Clare for a long weekend and so I had he house to myself. It was a really hot August bank holiday weekend. It was about 6pm on the Friday and I just arrived home from work. I came through the front door, threw my bag on the floor, kicked off my shoes and went into my sitting room and turned on the TV, then left the room and went into the kitchen and made myself a cup of tea and something to eat. Then it hit me that the house felt strange....sort of tense again. I shook the feeling off and told myself I was being stupid so I went back into the sitting room and sat on my couch and tooked into my food, mindlessly watching the TV.

Just then, something caught my attention on the mantel piece. I looked over and saw a candle flickering. There is a chunky white candle at either end of our fireplace for decoration. We light them in the winter but it was the height of Summer, still bright out and the house had been empty all day and besides it was just the one candle. I got up and went over, stared at it in confusion and blew it out. I looked over at the other candle and it wasn't lit. Both candles were the same height so it wasn't like the one that had been lit had been so for a long period of time, like all day or from the previous night! I rang my dad and told him what happened. He suggested that I had absent mindedly lit the candle myself while deep in thought or distracted and then had forgot all about it but I was just in the door from work and it was a bright and beautiful evening - not romantic winter dvd weather! Then as I hung up the phone, the kettle popped in the kitchen, I had just boiled it minutes before for my cup of tea. Weird! I rang my boyfriend and got him to keep me company that night!

I have had three experiences in total like this and so I really do believe that there is something to this!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭metaoblivia

This is a great thread! I've enjoyed reading everyone's experiences.
    I'm going to share a few of my own, if you don't mind.

I live in Florida. Back in the 1960's and 70's there was a chain of state run mental insitutions for children called Sunland. There were Sunland hospitals in most major cities in the state. In the late 70's, two of the Sunland hospitals in Tallahassee and Orlando were completely shut down and abandoned based on accusations of patient mistreatment.
    I grew up in Orlando and went to university in Tallahassee. By the time I got to Tallahassee, the Sunland building had been abandoned for about 20 years. It was run down and just about the scariest looking place you've ever seen. College and high school kids loved to go there at night and explore the place. It got so bad in fact, that when Tallahassee built a new police department, they built it right across from the old hospital to deter trespassing. The building, being so old, is falling apart. It also has an asbestos problem, which is partially why it hasn't been torn down yet (apparently no one can figure out how to take it down without releasing all of that asbestos into the air).
    Throughout my years in college, Sunland was a favorite midnight destination. I've only been inside of it once, and I got a couple paces into the front lobby before turning around and walking out. I wanted nothing to do with that place. Looking at it from the outside was good enough for me. No one's ever seen anything, and no major accidents have occured in the Tallahassee location (unlike the Orlando Sunland, which I'll get to in a minute). But I've visited Sunland on many different occasions, with different friends. I've had three separate friends, who don't know each other, talk about the fourth floor. All three of them used the same word to describe it - malevolent. Nothing was seen, it was just a feeling.
    Now the Orlando Sunland has a little more of a story. It was torn down in the late 90's after about 20 years of being an abandoned building. It too was frequented by teenagers and college kids looking for a scare. However, it was finally torn down because a horrible accident occured; a college student fell down an empty elevator shaft and was impaled through the leg and back on sheets of metal at the bottom of the shaft. He wasn't killed, but the injuries were very severe. It was all over the newspapers and city commissioners insisted the building had to go, so it did a few years later.
    The interesting part of the story - according to the police officers who arrived on the scene, they were delayed in getting to the man because they had spotted a young child on the top floor through a window. Before they could go to the man in the elevator shaft, they had to make sure no one else was in the building and at risk of getting hurt, so they went to look for the child. They didn't find anybody.
    At worst, something very sinister once lurked the halls of Orlando Sunland. At best, we all learn a very important lesson about why one should not go exploring old, abandoned buildings.
    There are several webpages dedicated to Sunland, a google search for Sunland mental hospitals will turn them up.
    Some personal experiences I've had: as a child, I used to see spirits in mirrors. It was only one mirror in particular, in my parent's room. They stopped coming when I was about 5, and I remember missing them. The house we lived in was brand new, so I don't think the spirits were connected to the house, but rather coming on account of me for some reason. I remember the most clearly a girl who was several years older than me. I remember she was very nice, but that's about all. I don't like mirrors, especially at night. As I got older, I was terrified of mirrors. I had a large one in my room, and always slept with my back to it, afraid to look in.
    I also had a moment when I was about 8 years old. My family visited St. Augustine, the oldest town in Florida, settled by the Spanish in the 1500s. There's a big fort there, but also a smaller one right outside the city. My parents decided to take us to the smaller fort, as we'd all seen the big fort many times. When we got there, I freaked out and refused to set foot on the grounds. My Dad had to pick me up and carry me. I was screaming and crying - completely terrified. I remember getting to a staircase and being scared out of my wits. Needless to say, we never went back to that fort.
    About ten years later I was reading a book about 'mysterious places' in Florida, and came across a picture of this fort. According to the book, that fort had been the location of a bloody Spanish massacre of French soldiers, and that sensitive people 'might' feel the imprints of what had happened there so long ago.
    Anyway, sorry for going on so long! I love reading and talking about this stuff though. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

Ok I havent posted on this tread in a while and thats not because of a lack of experiences! Some happen on Investigations that have their own thread so I dont double up.

Anyway heres a very strange one, short and sweet:

My officebuilding is very modern with a reception like a hotel, its huge, and a cafe on the ground floor.

Anyway I was standing in the cafe this morning waiting on my order, I was looking over at the office lifts as I like to people watch. It wasnt busy but when I looked at an open lift i saw myself ... and myself saw me and waved! I was wearing the same close as myself and I saw me for a good 3 or 4 seconds. The only thing odd (other than waving at myself) was that I had a warm pale yellowy/orangey glow off me.

Now that was weird even by my standards.

Another recent experience is one I have had similarily before but I feel it very personal.

On 3 mornings last week on my drive to work I was smiled at by the same young girl each day in different cars. On the 2nd and 3rd occassion I managed to get along side the cars when traffic slowed/stopped and there was no girl in the cars. In one case the back seet had 2 large boxes on it so there couldnt have been a girl there.

Everytime this has happened to me it has been between cork street and patricks cathedral.

There is a very unique and starnge feeling i get when i see this girl and it is like an extreme feeling of fear but not 'bad'. On the occassion when I experienced similar it was a different girl but around the same area.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,248 ✭✭✭Plug

6th you seem to have a few incounters, is this because you are intreasted in them? Like im not really bothered but my mother told me an incounter she had and frightened me. i never saw a ghost or something weird. lets say if i was intreasted in them would i see more or is it only fluke or peoples mind playing tricks?

I think opening yourself up to the idea of it (i mean really open) will raise your chances, its like if you walk through town with someone really innocent they wont see dodgy stuff going on.

*Edit: Actually its more like this: I'm not interested in cars, i could have someone whos a real car junkie spend a day with me and they'd point out thinks I never bothered to notice. I walk through dublin city a fair bit and I've seen spirits where others would just crowds of people and not be looking for anything.

That said its not a 'very' common thing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,248 ✭✭✭Plug

Ok thanks for the clear up. do you get nervous or are you OK about them?

Its just like it is with people and you have to go experience by experience. I'm not nervous meeting new people unless its a situation where I have reason too ... same logic with spirits. If I go to a place w ith a bad reputation then I'll get a little edgy but I give them the benefit of the doubt just like people.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭ergonomics

I know this hasn't been posted on for a while but I couldn't resist sharing my experience!

My gran-aunt died last April and the nicest thing happened at her funeral. The second the priest started talking a butterfly flew down from the rafters of the church and spent the whole mass flying around the congregation before settling on some of the flowers. The butterfly stayed on the flowers and didn't move while they were lifted on to the coffin, the coffin was brought outside and put in the hearse and all the way to the graveyard. Only when the coffin was placed into the ground did it fly away. Everyone is convinced it was my aunt.

My only other experience happened on Sunday morning. I stayed in my boyfriend's house and when we woke up he had one arm over my tummy and the other along my back. One of my arms was on his arm and the other was over the edge of the bed. When we woke my shoulder was very itchy so I scratched it but a few minutes later my boyfriend pointed out that there was a handprint on it, like someone had grabbed me! Neither of us were touching my shoulder and I just shrugged it off as the imprint from the sheets or something! Have no idea what it was but I know his house petrifies me and I won't go into any room when the lights are off, he has to go in first and turn the lights on so maybe it was something more than just the sheets?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,266 ✭✭✭Steyr

Has your BF experienced anything in his House?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 272 ✭✭sensitive_soul

Where do I begin??

I am sensitive, EVERYONE IS.. but I have develloped it through meditation.

I lived/grew up in a massive 7 bedroomed house on Caryfort Avenue in Blackrock Co. Dublin, biult circa late 1030's Mum moved in during the 60's but the previous owner died in my room- lovely. I didnt find that out til recently.
    My first experience was when I was playing in my room, Mum had taken Nana to bingo and so it was just me and gramps who was passed out infront of the fire. I recal hearing a husky old ladygrunt some phrase at me but I was scared s***less and belted it downstairs, I was just 5! We all used to hear footsteps coming down the stairs and the dining room door would open, now these were great big 7ft tall solid wood heavy doors, and it just opened and nothing would happen.

When we moved to Galway, Gramps was still living there but died in 1994 just after we moved, I was sitting in the car waiting for Mum to sort out things with the removal men before we handed over the keys to the new owner and drove back to Galway (I always hated Galway) but I looked up at my neighbours bedroom window and say my neighbour, Mrs. Lane just standing in a bathrobe in the bay window and she was just staring at me, this continued for 15 minutes and the slowly turned round and back into the room, I made faces at her, at teenagers to, as if to say 'WHAT ARE YOU LOOKING AT?'. I told mum what happened and she replied.........'Sarah, Mrs Lane died last year...its just her husband in there now', you can imagine how spooked I was.

When my Grandfather died in Galway with us on Christmas day (thank god he didnt die alone in our Dublin house) the next morning, I heard him say 'Be a good girl and look ater your Mummy!'

In 2002 when I was going to L.A , the week before, I was out in the garden trying to get a tan and came in for a drink, I was in about 10-20 mins and I felt a full to go up to my room and look out the window and say my Nana lying in the sun lounger-it used to belong to her! The day before I went to LA, I was in the back storage room, getting my suitcases out and I heard someone walk up the stairs, but I was home alone, turned round, saw Nana walk up and go straight into Mums room, I followed her but there was no sign....
    Develloped my LA photos...... there was an ectoplasm mist alllll around just me, and the person who took the pic WASNT smoking. I took the photo to a local famous Medium, not telling her my thoughts and she said ' Your Grandmother was with you, she followed you from the car you were in, you were almost in a car crash that day weren't you' I WAS almost in a crash but we swerved just in time, just outside Malibu. She said I would never come to harm when my Nana is around.

My first ghost investigation in charleville I had a hand rest on my shoulder....nobody was behind me in the dungeon cause I had my finger firmly and swiftly on the power button of my torch.

Many things happen me other than this...... I have alot of preminitions too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

Not to be cynical, but some of the experiences are told like stories with the descriptions used

Of course they are, recounting an experience is telling a story. As people when we discribe things our personalities affect how we tell them.

Would you rather experiences where transcribed with a scientific or unfeeling edge?

These are human experiences share among real people. Some people will add a little flair to their accounts but there is no harm in that is there?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,662 ✭✭✭Trinity

Quite a few, some more personal i dont wish to go into, the rest i suppose are not very solid.

Age 4, i remember being about to fall down the stairs in my nan's house and i felt like someone caught me and carried me down. I never fell, ran in to tell my mam and nan, they remember but put it down to an over active imagination i guess.

Age 5, my dad had a major crash in a truck. He was down the country, we lived in Ballymun. I actually dont remember this but my mam says i woke up screaming saying my Dad was dead. Few hours later mam gets a knock on the door. Dad died and was brought back and he says his last thoughts were of me.

I had the most pleasant experience in an old house in phibsboro once. Was walking down 3 steps to the bathroom (this place is now bedsits facing St Peters Church) when i felt something pass through my body. It seemed to go in the front and out my back, it stopped me and swayed me slightly i had to grab the bannisters. Sorry its Hard to explain really but it was a really pleasant feeling. Never done drugs but i imagine it was on a par to a 'rush' :) (Does abyone know what i am talking about?)

More recently in my last apartment there was always someone there. Her name was Bernie. Most incidents happened in the bath :o . I'd get goosebumps first and well i didnt hear voices but i did,um how to explain, lets just say i knew things i shoudnt have known. A photo of me and my grandad (who died when i was 4) was always jumping off the mantlepiece and now i cant find it.

Most recently and less pleasant i suppose is the dark shape at the end of the bed. Although its been quiet here all week, touch wood :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,660 ✭✭✭G86

I've nvr posted here before but here goes..

I've had a few strange things happen over the years but the main one thing that preys on my mind is a memory.

I have a vivid memory of an old man who used to sit beside my cot when I was about 2 or 3. He had grey hair and wore a tweed jacket with patches, and he used to play a harmonica.he used to sit on a stool and had a stick beside him.

I've asked at home about this but they don't know who im talking about and say they don't know the man.
    But I remember him so clearly its strange. I always wondered who he was.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,660 ✭✭✭G86

Another thing thats always freaked me out is that my mother (using that word lightly),took me to a fortuneteller when i was 6, i don't remember much about it I just remember her dragging me out and telling me never to go to one again, she never told me what was said,even years later.

Always found it a little unnerving :confused:

Advertisement