Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ghosts - What are your experiences?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭Ghost Girl

nicfd wrote: »
    I sort of know when something is going to happen out of the 'ordinary' cuz 4 a couple of days beforehand I hear a clock ticking from nowhere!

just the usual stuff disappearing and then turning up right under my nose a couple of days later.

i've told a few people but as u can imagine not many actuall believe. l

can't decide if i want to persue it further (as i'm terrified at the thought of actually opening up!) or just leave it in the past. I kind of feel that if i can help i should but at the same time if it's scary things like the lady in black do i really wanna open myself to that.

:)

The clock thing, now that gives ME the heebie jeebies, re the stuff disappearing and turning up again, a friend of mine has experienced that many times, doesn't happen to me that often. Yes telling people - the good old Irish, I find a few people willing to listen and have an interest, but then others make you feel like you should be in hospital!!!, As for persuing it, well I feel exactly the same, a good psychic apparently can close you off, yet on the other hand would you want to be closed off? just let things happen naturally, and if you are going to open up more and look into it, then you need to be able to deal with things like that old lady, or any thing that may be evil - a skill in its self im told! That's what scares me, what if you open up some thing you can't handle. As for it quietening down for a while, I find with little things that happen to me, there can be no action for 3 months, and then a month of it happening so fast ive to keep a diary. As for the post below your last one, I agree with the point that it must be your family as its followed you from house to house, I know some one who experienced this aswell. It has to be connected to your family, so it won't matter where you go, the problem will still be there, so researching might be a good idea, but as for a seance, well make sure some one experienced is on on that one! Very interesting, would like to hear more from you.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,217 ✭✭✭pookie82

On the clocks ticking experience, that rang a few bells with me. It never went as far as me seeing or hearing anything, but for years I used to go to bed and hear a clock ticking to the right of my head as I lay waiting to fall asleep. At first I thought it was really irritating as it was faint enough, but quite loud when the room was in silence. Took the batteries out of all the clocks in the vicinity and still heard it. It seemed to come from the top corner of the ceiling and was really odd. At one stage I got so frustrated that I called my mum in and got her to lie down and be silent and she couldn't hear a thing, whilst to my ears the ticking sound was as pronounced as if the clock was right beside me. It lasted for a few years on and off and I learned to ignore it.

It's never happened to me anywhere other than at home. Still don't know what might have caused it and these days i tend to write it off as some undiagnosed medical problem. Your story reminded me of it.

pookie82 wrote: »
    on the clocks thing..... i tend to write it off as some undiagnosed medical problem. Your story reminded me of it.
    That is so weird, and if it didnt happen along side other weird stuff, then id be inclined to think it is some kind of medical condition, esp if ur mum didnt hear it that time in the room, then again, when you say it happened at home, is this at home where the house is supposed to be haunted??

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Ann22

My friend used to live in her Grandad's house, it was really old and spooky. She used to hear footsteps in the hall outside her bedroom and when she'd look out there'd be no one there. She also would hear what sounded like a child on a tricycle passing by outside her window and she used to hear a ticking sound in her room that there was no reason for. When her family moved house the ticking started up again but eventually stopped.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 nicfd

hmmmm it seems the ticking noise is quite common. I just thought it was my family that heard it so maybe it is a good sign.

I tried seances when I was younger out of curiosity. Mostly we did it wrong and only convinced ourselves that something happened. However, we tried it once with a friend who was doing it for the first time. I actually believe it was going somewhere cuz when we asked for a sign that there was something present, we saw an orb over my friends dead grandparents picture. She freaked out and broke the circle without shutting the whole thing down properly. It was strange as the ticking got louder for days after that but I never saw/dreamed about her grandparents.

Ann22, did ur friend ever associate anything happening with the ticking?

• Advertisement

Hi Nicfd. I think she felt it was her Grandfather letting her know he was watching over her. She was never scared really. She also heard bagpipes loudly playing outside passing by and no one else in her family heard it.

Ann22 wrote: »
    She also heard bagpipes loudly playing outside passing by and no one else in her family heard it.

hmm. did bagpipes mean anything to her? it could have just been a passing energy. My mum had a friend once who swore that everytime somebody she knew (well or otherwise) died, she heard a tin whistle play out of nowhere for exactly ten minutes 3 days beforehand!

I don't know if anyone died or anything after that, she just couldn't understand how no one else heard it. Next time i see her I'l ask. I remember another time she said she felt as if someone was sitting on her bed beside her and there was no one there. This was in the morning not night time. That was was in a different house by the way, she seems to be one of those people strange things happen to. Lovely girl.

Just when you mentioned seances nicfd it reminded me of something.
    I used to work in a factory where before I worked there they used to bring an ouija board in during the night shift for the craic as the boss wouldn't be there. Aparently they got quite a few reactions. Every night they would make sure to 'close' the board-the spirit would have to agree to go. Anyway one particular night the board spelt out the words 'Brendan open the door'. Now one of the technicians at the time there was entrusted with the keys at night-his name was Brendan. This night the spirit was refusing to go. So they all decided to go back downstairs to get a bit of work done and to try closing it later. When one of the girls (whose job involved printing names and addresses on novelty pens)reached her bench there was a pen on it with some old fashioned writing using words like 'thou' and that kind of language and it was telling her to open the door. The girls that worked in the lab denied strenuosly making the stencil. When they all went back upstairs for their last break the glass they'd been using earlier was smashed. I heard too that the lad who brought in the board could feel something tugging at his jacket as he was riding his motorbike home.:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,217 ✭✭✭pookie82

Ghost Girl wrote: »
    That is so weird, and if it didnt happen along side other weird stuff, then id be inclined to think it is some kind of medical condition, esp if ur mum didnt hear it that time in the room, then again, when you say it happened at home, is this at home where the house is supposed to be haunted??

No don't think my house at home is haunted - haven't ever experienced anything else untoward there. I'd forgotten all about the ticking until I saw it mentioned here. I hadn't ever heard of it being connected to anything paranormal or anything. Luckily I never seem to get it anymore.

• Advertisement

Just when you mentioned seances nicfd it reminded me of something.
    When they all went back upstairs for their last break the glass they'd been using earlier was smashed. I heard too that the lad who brought in the board could feel something tugging at his jacket as he was riding his motorbike home.:eek:

guess that just goes to show that you can't leave invited guests unattended!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 lainey84

nicfd wrote: »
    guess that just goes to show that you can't leave invited guests unattended!

shouldnt that be invited ghosts unattended !!!!!!

sorry couldn't resist !

by the way i love this thread
    i had afew experiences myself will post them once i work out how to put them into words. i love the fact that I am not not alone in experiencing this kind of thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 296 ✭✭conti

I've been reading this thread for a long time too, without contributing so,

Anyone here from Galway I'm sure knows the Victoria Hotel off the corner of Eyre square, the quiet corner that leads down to the docks.

I was working there in around 2002/03 and heard many stories about the place. One thing that's very obvious is the fact that the grounds of it partially cover the graveyard behind the small Church that's beside it. You can see this for yourself if you walk up behind the Great Southern Hotel, or whatever it's called now, (where the Bus Eireann buses are parked/washed) and you'll see the backyard of the Vic and the Church. I can't remember what religion the Church is but I do remember them having sermons at the weirdest times.

During the week the hotel was extremely quiet, there might have been 4 or 5 residents, sometimes even none, all the hotel business came from weekend. Usually it would just be me in the bar catering to the very odd punter who came in for a quiet drink or a meal. One evening, for some reason there was two of us on the shift, with absolutely nothing to do. It was around the time when camera phones had just come out, only your richest friend might have one :) So we started playing around taking photos with his phone amazed by this technology.

That weekend when it was busy, he came up to the bar I was working at and showed me the photos we had taken a few days previous, in one of them, clear as anything, there was an unhappy looking man in a shirt and tie glaring at the camera. There was definitely nobody in the room, (and it wasn't the boss scowling at us for dossing!) the man was also partially translucent, I could vaguely see the furniture behind him through his body.

I wish I could've somehow got the photo off him, but I haven't seen the guy in years, he hardly has it still.

I have more stories from that place, I'll post them up as I think of them.

conti wrote: »

Anyone here from Galway I'm sure knows the Victoria Hotel off the corner of Eyre square, the quiet corner that leads down to the docks.

I was working there in around 2002/03 and heard many stories about the place. ......

yes heard about that place, and isn't there another hotel like that in galway with strange sh1t happening??

. When they all went back upstairs for their last break the glass they'd been using earlier was smashed. .:eek:

Doesnt this mean that the spirits are released or some thing, when the glass smashes?? Ouija boads - dangerous stuff, stay away!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 85 ✭✭keefs08

Anybody had a surreal experience with the quiji board???:rolleyes: ive been so tempted 2 do one but am to afraid have heard many stories but wanna hear more!!!:D:D

u shud check out d treads on d ouija boards, lots of interesting viewpoints in there!

keefs08 wrote: »
    Anybody had a surreal experience with the quiji board???:rolleyes: ive been so tempted 2 do one but am to afraid have heard many stories but wanna hear more!!!:D:D

hang on sorry. i assumed it woz an ouija board. wots a quiji board?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 85 ✭✭keefs08

ouiji board of course yeh typo soz !!!:D no need 4 smart comments!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 954 ✭✭✭marti101

I had a horrible experience id never touch one again.

• Advertisement

marti101 wrote: »
    I had a horrible experience id never touch one again.
    Ah go on tell us more Marti, I know i could be accused of leading this thread else where, but ouija boards and ghostly experiences are more or less the same, so Marti, what was you experience with the Ouija board?? unless its too painful to repeat??

Back on thread, did you release a ghost?

Actually did any one ever try a seance?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭blue42

Is there anybody there???;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,882 ✭✭✭Doc Farrell

I've still only gotten as far as July of 07 on this thread, great stuff!

Re Ouiji boards, all teachers from all backgrounds, Christian, Buddhist, even the interesting Mr. Edgar Cayce, say stay away from them. If you are a teenager of a sensitive disposition this applies even more so. Be careful.

According to one of todays papers one of the mulhall sisters uses the ouija board!! What ghosts did that unearth???

What do you think of Living Tvs most haunted programmes, they're running the most haunted live at the moment, and its a load of S**t. That ruins it all.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,587 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

most haunted is fake. You only have to search for clips of it on YouTube for proof. Search for Mary loves dick clip. The camera keeps rolling when director cuts

faceman wrote: »
    most haunted is fake. You only have to search for clips of it on YouTube for proof. Search for Mary loves dick clip. The camera keeps rolling when director cuts
    Well it looks very fake lately any way, especiall most haunted live, it held me for about 15 mins and i was gone for good after that...bloody awfull. Its a pity, would love to see some crew take on a real investigation, or possibly talk to people about what they've experienced etc....too many of these programmes are full of bull.

Mia Dolan has some great stories, don't know how real she is, but I enjoyed her books. She visited homes for a TV series in England, supposedly clearing them of spirits etc.

My mothers house went through some moments at one stage, hauntings for a few months until a priest blessed it. Pity Mia wasn't around then. Its amazing when your own family tell you about what they've experienced, you don't get the fabrication for tV, you get the real straight forward story, and they are far more eerie!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,610 ✭✭✭Karen_*

Years ago I used to babysit my cousin Christopher in my aunt Alices house. Alices sister Madeleine used to own the house and she had died a few years before hand after having being run over just across the road from where she lived. I do remember her although she died when I was nine and although she never had children of her own she loved her neices and nephews and was a lovely woman.

Eight year old Chris (who is now the musician Robotnik!) had gone up to bed and I was watching TV. It was two days after my 15th birthday. I was watching a documentary about some handicapped children and all of a sudden a piano started playing Happy Birthday. I thought nothing of it at first as with it being a programme about children i thought the piano playing was part of the programme but after a minute I looked again at the television and it began to dawn on me that there was no piano playing on this programme but the piano was playing in the next room....on its own. :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 296 ✭✭conti

ha ha
    i love robotnik. Maybe he snuck downstairs to start working on his music at an early age :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,610 ✭✭✭Karen_*

Well beleive it or not Robotnik was a very timid child who wouldn't have dared disobey the babysitter:D He was fast asleep opstairs at the time. But not for long because yours truly screamed the house down:D

Seriously though, the horror as I searched the TV screen trying to figure out why a piano was playing as it didn't seem to be a birthday situation and the piano was drowning out the person speaking. It wasn't coming from the telly!!!:eek:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭junkyard

I've never seen anything that I couldn't explain (with the exception of last months VAT bill;)) My last premises was supposed to be haunted by loads of ghosts and I used to work all hours and never saw anything I couldn't explain and believe me it was a creepy place, pitch black at night up a long winding driveway, used to be part of a big old estate.

Advertisement