Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gaming Bargains (not Freebies)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,686 ✭✭✭Danger781

That's strange.

Try using your Irish address in Origin instead?

• Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Mister Man

Danger781 wrote: »
    That's strange.

Try using your Irish address in Origin instead?

Just tried that now. Had to sign in to a different account. Still get the same error

• Registered Users Posts: 5,686 ✭✭✭Danger781

I have no idea man.. The above worked for me..

Maybe Origin is have issues at the moment??

• Registered Users Posts: 775 ✭✭✭simon360

I remember someone was asking about C&C collection a while ago and said he'd wait for a sale. Well the collection on Amazon.com is $7.50 here for digital download. Even if you were'nt looking for it and feel like spending money, I'd recommend C&C one of the best series of strategy games I've played!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

I got onto a live chat with an assistant in Origin earlier, it said that a lot of people were having trouble and it would be fixed in about an hour. Of course...it wasn't.

FIFA 13 was for 7.99. Burnout Paradise Complete for 2.49.

Hope I can get them before the sale ends.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭altairscreed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 944 ✭✭✭jenjenten

ShaneU wrote: »

AC4 as well....i think you can upgrade four of thise titles to digital ps4 versions for a tenner. you will save alot!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭farna_boy

CS:GO is now €3.49 on Steam

Dishonoured €3.67 on Amazon

Tomb Raider €7.34 on Amazon

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭Shabaz50

if i buy dishonored on my ****ty laptop will i be able to use it on my new desktop(not yet built)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,407 ✭✭✭Nollog

Shabaz50 wrote: »
    if i buy dishonored on my ****ty laptop will i be able to use it on my new desktop(not yet built)

pretty sure the only drm is steamworks, so should be.

Speaking of dishonored, any deals on the DLC?
    33% is not acceptable to me. >_<

• Registered Users Posts: 770 ✭✭✭abbir

Yes. It would be attached to your Steam account.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,076 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

It a steamworks game so that wouldn't be a problem at all, every copy no matter how or where you buy it from must be activated on steam.

Edit: Way too slow. :p
    /\/ollog wrote: »
    pretty sure the only drm is steamworks, so should be.

Speaking of dishonored, any deals on the DLC?
    33% is not acceptable to me. >_<

On the lookout myself, DLC seems to be an afterthough from most sales, if I could pickup some cheap Skyrim and Dishonored DLC somewhere in the next few days I'd be a very happy camper.

abbir wrote: »
    Yes. It would be attached to your Steam account.
    its on amazon

• Registered Users Posts: 770 ✭✭✭abbir

its on amazon

Doesn't matter. As others have said, it's a steamworks game, so you have to register it with steam no matter where you buy it from.

Ok tvm

• Registered Users Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭ussjtrunks

Traded 7 Keys for Lego Marvel on steam = €11 :) love pc gaming

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭Alactric

ShaneU wrote: »

It's been mentioned a few posts above but in case there's any doubt, Saints Row 4 and Metro Last Light are region locked both are Deep Silver incidentally so it might be something to keep in mind for future games. I got stung for Metro unfortunately, :rolleyes: it was only a tenner, but still.

I'd be very careful about using a VPN to activate them as well, Valve comes down on it like a ton of bricks as far as I know.

This is the only time I've ever encountered this problem and I have over 40 steam games from amazon, so keep an eye out for games like this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

The Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing on Steam at €6.45 for the complete edition and €5.09 for the vanilla until 6PM today, and it is an exceptionally fun game, total Diablo clone but I can't stop playing it since I got it yesterday. Well recommended! ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,306 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

Alactric wrote: »
    It's been mentioned a few posts above but in case there's any doubt, Saints Row 4 and Metro Last Light are region locked both are Deep Silver incidentally so it might be something to keep in mind for future games. I got stung for Metro unfortunately, :rolleyes: it was only a tenner, but still.

I'd be very careful about using a VPN to activate them as well, Valve comes down on it like a ton of bricks as far as I know.

This is the only time I've ever encountered this problem and I have over 40 steam games from amazon, so keep an eye out for games like this.

yeah I got stung with SR4 and Dead Island Riptide

Skerries wrote: »
    yeah I got stung with SR4 and Dead Island Riptide

Thanks for verifying, Deep Silver is a total no go in Amazon US sales so.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,547 ✭✭✭Agricola

Anyone recommend State of Decay at 9.50? Hoping to nab it some time, but thinking I could hold off for 75% off! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 4,640 ✭✭✭Pushtrak

Agricola wrote: »
    Anyone recommend State of Decay at 9.50? Hoping to nab it some time, but thinking I could hold off for 75% off! :P
    Think that came out with DLC recently. I'm thinking of holding off till next time and hoping for the game + DLC at a good price.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,547 ✭✭✭Agricola

Pushtrak wrote: »
    Think that came out with DLC recently. I'm thinking of holding off till next time and hoping for the game + DLC at a good price.

Since its on a daily deal now at 50% off, can it actually go for a bigger discount later in the sale, or is this the best it can be. I doubt it would go in a flash deal......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,649 ✭✭✭Not The Real Scarecrow

Since its on a daily deal now at 50% off, can it actually go for a bigger discount later in the sale, or is this the best it can be. I doubt it would go in a flash deal......

doubt it'll go any lower in this sale but the xmas sale is only a few weeks away so chances are ,it'll be 75% off at that one.

doubt it'll go any lower in this sale but the xmas sale is only a few weeks away so chances are ,it'll be 75% off at that one.

The reddit email that leaked the sales dates implied that discounts in general would be the same in both sales, there's only 3 weeks between them after all. I'd still wait though, if only to give your wallet a break :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Cravez

It's the cheapest it's going to get in the sale so I would get it now. I bought it a couple of days ago when the sale started and very worth it imo. Probably one of the better zombie survival games in the past while, the emphasis on 'Survival' rather than just killing zombies.

You have to go out and scavenge for supplies (anywhere is enterable from what iv seen), the map is big enough and the world is persistent. While you have a base, there can be bases with other survivors and you can interact with them, what happens to them is entirely up to the world and not on you. NPC's have stats and equipment which you can assign them tasks and equipment etc so it has a squad strategy feel to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭GarIT

Does anyone know where I can get F1 2013 classic cheap? At the moment I'm looking at getting the game on kinguin for €16 and then getting the upgrade to classic edition from steam. I cant see the classic edition key for sale anywhere other than steam.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,306 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

I'm not sure what the difference between them are but you can get F1 2013 for €14.90 here

and F1 2013 Classic here for €22

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement