Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gaming Bargains (not Freebies)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭Sarz91

Danger781 wrote: »
    TOO MANY GAMES FOR SALE

LEAVE ME ALONE

I'm spending money I don't have. G2Play have their black friday sale on for the next 4 days.

• Registered Users Posts: 770 ✭✭✭abbir

• Registered Users Posts: 14,822 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,521 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

abbir wrote: »

Thanks, just picked up Assassin's Creed III.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

GTA 5 on amazon.com

http://www.amazon.com/Grand-Theft-Auto-V-Playstation-3/dp/B0050SXKU4/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1385677708&sr=8-2&keywords=gta+5

for 33.99 dollars, which translate to 24.99 in euros.

Setup a US PSN account for the playstation to download, should still be able to play it from your normal account.

checked it out with another game earlier, to be sure the keys from Amazon worked.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Battlefield: Bad Company 2 is €1 on Origin. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭raymix

Don't think anyone posted this yet:

FarCry 3 - €5,51 ($7.49)

edit:
    actually there are tons more

• Registered Users Posts: 5,686 ✭✭✭Danger781

Okay I've checked the first page of this thread and the charter and see no mention about using VPN's to buy games being disallowed.. If I missed it I apologise.

I just picked up Battlefield 4 for €15 ($19.99) on Origin

Here's how:
    1. Connect to Origin via American VPN (Tunnel Bear is a good free one)

2. Get a discount code ( http://slickdeals.net/permadeal/107426/ea-origin---battlefield-4-pc-digital-download )

3. Add the above code to your basket

4. Select PayPal at checkout (necessary)

5. Add an American address at checkout (I used a random travel agent in Alaska)

6. Login to PayPal

7. Pay now

8 Done!

^ you actually don't even need an American address it seems

Just tried with my Irish address and it brought me to PayPal :)

But you still need the American VPN

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

Anyone having any trouble buying from origin? I can't seem to checkout!

• Advertisement

Anyone having any trouble buying from origin? I can't seem to checkout!

I've been trying to guide a buddy of mine through it.. He's having trouble as well..

I checked out fine first time around? :confused:

Edit: What error are you getting? Give me details I'll try my best to guide you through

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

Your order could not be completed. Try again later. [ref. #5000]

That's what keeps happening.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,570 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Best place to get Diablo III at the moment? The DLC release has me wanting to play it,i played Torchlight 2 when both were released so looking to try this now.

Cheapest i can find is cdkeysvast at €35:
    http://www.cdkeyvast.com/Diablo-3-goods-88.html

• Registered Users Posts: 12,306 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

EoinHef wrote: »
    Best place to get Diablo III at the moment? The DLC release has me wanting to play it,i played Torchlight 2 when both were released so looking to try this now.

Cheapest i can find is cdkeysvast at €35:
    http://www.cdkeyvast.com/Diablo-3-goods-88.html

Here for €24.22 use code allkey5
    I have used them before

PlayStation Plus 1 year membership is $29.99 on Amazon.com for the day.
    Does anyone know if I buy this, is it region-locked?

It's a great deal but I'd rather know if it will work before buying, cheers guys.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,126 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

It's a great deal but I'd rather know if it will work before buying, cheers guys.
    PS+ is region locked. I think you can create a US SEN account and be able to use the subscription that way, but I'm not 100% on the benefits/limitations.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

You'd need to claim it through a US PSN account. Any games you download through the US PSN+ should be accessible by your normal account, once you've installed them onto the PS3.
    PS+ is region locked. I think you can create a US SEN account and be able to use the subscription that way, but I'm not 100% on the benefits/limitations.

You can yeah, the same way we use US Amazon accounts. there's no address verification at all. Heck there's even more services avail for streaming and media content through US PSN itself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭McSasquatch

Game have their own Black Friday deals going on. Haven't really looked into it, but you might find something for yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Twilightning

Zone of the Enders HD Collection Limited Edition for PS3, comes to about €19 delivered

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,804 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Random thought for PS4 owners: Could you just buy the PS3 of FIFA 14 Ultimate edition from amazon flash deal for £29.99 then upgrade to the PS4 version?

• Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Mister Man

Okay I've checked the first page of this thread and the charter and see no mention about using VPN's to buy games being disallowed.. If I missed it I apologise.

I just picked up Battlefield 4 for €15 ($19.99) on Origin

Here's how:
    1. Connect to Origin via American VPN (Tunnel Bear is a good free one)

2. Get a discount code ( http://slickdeals.net/permadeal/107426/ea-origin---battlefield-4-pc-digital-download )

3. Add the above code to your basket

4. Select PayPal at checkout (necessary)

5. Add an American address at checkout (I used a random travel agent in Alaska)

6. Login to PayPal

7. Pay now

8 Done!

I'm getting Ref. 10048 when I try to checkout, with or without the promo code. Using Tunnel Bear too. Going to start a live chat and see if I can sort it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭aN.Droid

Mister Man wrote: »
    I'm getting Ref. 10048 when I try to checkout, with or without the promo code. Using Tunnel Bear too. Going to start a live chat and see if I can sort it.

Getting hte same error. Did live chat help?

Limericks wrote: »
    Getting hte same error. Did live chat help?

Not in the slightest...My case got escalated, which I'm guessing means - "I've no idea what I'm doing here, better give this case to someone else"

Not in the slightest...My case got escalated, which I'm guessing means - "I've no idea what I'm doing here, better give this case to someone else"

Or as it usually means that person doesn't have the access.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,306 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

Bundlestars are having a sale with 25% off their already great bundles til Monday

So that's up to 46 Steam games for a total of €13.04!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

Just confirming, how likely is it that I'll get a better offer of €160 for a Nintendo 3DS XL, Mario Kart and Super Mario Land (through the ninty promotion)? :D

Your order could not be completed. Try again later. [ref. #5000]

That's what keeps happening.

Okay, let's rule a few things out:

1. Did you close Origin before connecting to the VPN, and then reopen Origin?

2. Are you using PayPal to checkout?

3. Are you using an American address in Origin / PayPal , or your Irish one?

4. Are you even reaching the PayPal login screen?

5. Is it Battlefield 4 you're trying to buy?

• Advertisement

Okay, let's rule a few things out:

1. Did you close Origin before connecting to the VPN, and then reopen Origin?

2. Are you using PayPal to checkout?

3. Are you using an American address in Origin / PayPal , or your Irish one?

4. Are you even reaching the PayPal login screen?

5. Is it Battlefield 4 you're trying to buy?

Opened Tunnel Bear first, then Chrome to connect to the website itself. Tried the client afterwards, with no success.

Tried PayPal, no success. Also said I'd try my card, but nothing either.

Yes, using the same one I used for Amazon.com (A real address in Delaware)

Nope, not reaching the PayPal payment screen. Get re-directed to my basket with the error (re. #10048)

Yes, BF4

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement