Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gaming Bargains (not Freebies)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Skerries wrote: »

What's with the requirements saying MAC, will it work on both or just mac?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,324 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

I bought it and it gives you a Steam key

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

I bought it and it gives you a Steam key

Never purchased one that said MAC on it before, so when it's on steam, it will work on both PC and MAC is it?

possibly, as I know some people have bought Steam Mac keys for games on here and they have used it for PC as well

• Registered Users Posts: 770 ✭✭✭abbir

DaLad wrote: »
    Never purchased one that said MAC on it before, so when it's on steam, it will work on both PC and MAC is it?

According to the Steam page, COD4: Modern Warfare 1 is Steamplay. So it should work on both Windows and Mac. (not the same for 2 & 3)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,858 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Just got the Swapper for $4.99
    A few other games here as well
    https://www.humblebundle.com/store

• Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭CSSE09

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Lu Tze

CSSE09 wrote: »

Can you redeem from that store? Eurotruck 2 for $6.25 is ridiculously good (if you are into that kind of thing :pac:)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Just got the Swapper for $4.99
    A few other games here as well
    https://www.humblebundle.com/store

bought! never heard of it but the trailer and reviews look very good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,113 ✭✭✭shruikan2553

Does anyone know the best deal on world of warcraft game cards? Thinking of getting back into the game and ruining my exams. Best I've found is £18.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭SmurfX

Does anyone know the best deal on world of warcraft game cards? Thinking of getting back into the game and ruining my exams. Best I've found is £18.

€20.99 here which is probably a bit cheaper on conversion. I've used them and they're fine.

http://cardscodes.com/World_Of_Warcraft_60_Day_Prepaid_Card_EUROPE-34.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭Sarz91

Lu Tze wrote: »
    Can you redeem from that store? Eurotruck 2 for $6.25 is ridiculously good (if you are into that kind of thing :pac:)

I wasn't and bought it because, well just because. It's strangely addictive.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,858 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Sorry, I should've said that they do the whole redeem the steam copy by connecting to your account routine.
    And also they're having daily deals, so the current offers may only be until tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Cravez

Humble Bundle now have a store: https://www.humblebundle.com/store

Current offers:
    - Prison Architect (€11)
    - Rogue Legacy (€5.50)
    - Euro Truck Simulator 2 (€4.66)
    - Chivalry Medieval Warfare (€4.66)
    - Don't Starve (€5.50)
    - Gunpoint (€3.72)
    - The Swapper (€3.72)
    - Natural Selection 2 (€5.50)
    - Orcs Must Die 2 Complete Pack (€5.50)

Lots of good games on offer, especially Orcs Must Die 2 Complete Pack and Chivalry. I think these are for today only and then a new offer opens up tomorrow.

Is Prison Architect worth it?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Sarz91 wrote: »
    Is Prison Architect worth it?

I have a HUGE craving for some sort of Sim myself lately. I was eyeing PA too, but some people said that it is really really really early Alpha and a lot of stuff is not in the game. It wears out as soon as you learn everything. I think ill keep that game for later, when it is complete. So I would not get burned out of it.

I am thinking of getting Rogue Legacy or Dont Starve myself.

I have a HUGE craving for some sort of Sim myself lately. I was eyeing PA too, but some people said that it is really really really early Alpha and a lot of stuff is not in the game. It wears out as soon as you learn everything. I think ill keep that game for later, when it is complete. So I would not get burned out of it.

Bought Don't starve a while back. It's really fun. That being said I haven't played it in about 2-3 months.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

It's a good price now and it's a challenging game to learn from the start.

New Bundle Stars: all Steam redeemable, price currently €2.68

The Ship: Complete Pack

Legendary

Shattered Horizon

Section 8

Dino D-Day

Sniper: Ghost Warrior Gold Edition

18eu for X-com expansion.

http://www.cdkeys.com/pc/games/xcom-enemy-within-pc-cd-key-steam

Anyone else used this? I found them in my bookmarks, but I cant remember when I bookmarked it and from who it was recomended. Maybe Lads from BF4 had it rolling around... Cant remember...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

Blargh only spotted this now. I never played Modern Warfare, but they're sold out.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,931 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

You can tell straight away that it's obviously alpha (well, it doesn't take long for bugs to start!), but it's really enjoyable even with the strange goings on. Quite easily lose a few hours to it if you're not careful.

I would recommend buying it now though, you get access to the alpha, beta and final release. For €11, just let it sit in your steam library until you hear its late beta or final. And it's only 120mb so if you get a craving ;)

You can tell straight away that it's obviously alpha (well, it doesn't take long for bugs to start!), but it's really enjoyable even with the strange goings on. Quite easily lose a few hours to it if you're not careful.

I would recommend buying it now though, you get access to the alpha, beta and final release. For €11, just let it sit in your steam library until you hear its late beta or final. And it's only 120mb so if you get a craving ;)

Thats what I did m8. 2 minutes before timer gone off I decided to buy it. I threw in Rogue Legacy too as it was only 5 quid and I wanted for ages. I
    I bought both games at around 18:00 and fired up Rogue Legacy on my 42inch TV, connected my 360 controller, got my fat ass comfortable in reclainer chair. At 2:20 my dog came over with a "WTF you still doing here?! We might as well go for a piss and then go to sleep mister!!!" look.

That game is like a drug! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,686 ✭✭✭Danger781

New Bundle Stars: all Steam redeemable, price currently €2.68

The Ship: Complete Pack

Legendary

Shattered Horizon

Section 8

Dino D-Day

Sniper: Ghost Warrior Gold Edition

I own all of those except for the Ship..

Really want the Ship :(

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,454 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Danger781 wrote: »
    I own all of those except for the Ship..

Really want the Ship :(

Its says you get 2 copies to give to friends on steam so when mine arrives ill fix you up with the ship :)

jonny24ie wrote: »
    Its says you get 2 copies to give to friends on steam so when mine arrives ill fix you up with the ship :)

You sir, are a gentleman. :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,454 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

You sir, are a gentleman. :)

Add me on steam and ill send it on to you :)

My steam name is: jonny24ie

Add me on steam and ill send it on to you :)

My steam name is: jonny24ie

Will do later!

Unfortunately I am stuck in college until this evening..

Will do later!

Unfortunately I am stuck in college until this evening..

Whats your username and ill add you :)

• Advertisement

Whats your username and ill add you :)

Same as my boards name :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement