Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gaming Bargains (not Freebies)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 770 ✭✭✭abbir

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

Batman is running as low as €15 on Kinguin. I've used them twice before, but is this price TOOOO good to be true. Surely there's a catch?? Currently sitting at the checkout stage contemplating whether or not to buy it.

Bought it with the Deathstroke DLC for £12 (under €15). When I activated the key it said that I had activated 'Steam Sub 29695'. Found it odd but that screen telling you the name of the product you just registered has been buggy before. Installing now since it appeared in my account straight away.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

Bought it with the Deathstroke DLC for £12 (under €15). When I activated the key it said that I had activated 'Steam Sub 29695'. Found it odd but that screen telling you the name of the product you just registered has been buggy before. Installing now since it appeared in my account straight away.

I got the same Steam Sub thing but as soon as I went to my Library it was there as Batman and was downloading happily. Should be finished by the time I'm home this evening.

I got the same Steam Sub thing but as soon as I went to my Library it was there as Batman and was downloading happily. Should be finished by the time I'm home this evening.
    You buy it from Kinguin?

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

No - that link that was thrown up a couple of days ago. CDkeyshere or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭SmurfX

Batman is running as low as [URL=" on Kinguin[/URL]. I've used them twice before, but is this price TOOOO good to be true. Surely there's a catch?? Currently sitting at the checkout stage contemplating whether or not to buy it.

The game reviewed a lot worse than expected so there may be a lot of outlets who overbought and are looking to dump their keys quickly. There's certainly plenty of places selling it cheap at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭psugrue

• Registered Users Posts: 2,454 ✭✭✭Icepick

Amazon.de have a few good deals on atm inc, Dragon Age Origins Ultimate Edition €5, Dragon Age 2 €5, Kingdoms Of Amalur €5 and Crysis 3 €9 http://www.amazon.de/gp/feature.html/ref=amb_link_177828747_16?ie=UTF8&docId=1000758323&pf_rd_m=A3JWKAKR8XB7XF&pf_rd_s=center-3&pf_rd_r=0ZSS1V5GVXSZSSE22E5P&pf_rd_t=1401&pf_rd_p=436615347&pf_rd_i=1000755983
    games rated 18+ require a German ID

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭RogerWilco1982

Can someone tell me where to get the best price for an XBox 360 Gold Subscription please?

:)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

Can someone tell me where to get the best price for an XBox 360 Gold Subscription please?

You might get more help with this in the Xbox forum:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=522

A lot of stuff mentioned here, tends to primarily be in reference to PC gaming.

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭RogerWilco1982

You might get more help with this in the Xbox forum:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=522

A lot of stuff mentioned here, tends to primarily be in reference to PC gaming.

Cheers. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

If you have access to a credit card or Visa Debit card then you can buy from e-Bay it's where I always get mine.

1 month - €6

3 month - €14

12 month - €35

Code emailed to you within 15 minutes

This shop for example

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

DLCompare has a few as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭Neon_Lights

DaLad wrote: »
    If you have access to a credit card or Visa Debit card then you can buy from e-Bay it's where I always get mine.

1 month - €6

3 month - €14

12 month - €35

Code emailed to you within 15 minutes

This shop for example

I have been told, if you call up xbox customer service you can haggle them down to less than half the price directly with microsoft themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 848 ✭✭✭erkifino

adverts.ie is usually handy. 35€.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

erkifino wrote: »
    adverts.ie is usually handy. 35€.

Never realised there was a guy selling for 35 on there!

Here he is: Adverts 12 Month xbox Live €35

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭Lyrical

The new Humble weekly sale is out

https://www.humblebundle.com/weekly

Which includes:

Worms Armageddon
    Worms Blast
    Worms Ultimate Mayhem
    Worms Pinball
    Worms Crazy Golf
    Superfrog HD

Pay a minimum of 6 bucks to unlock the following
    Alien Breed: Impact
    Alien Breed 2: Assault
    Alien Breed 3: Descent
    Worms Revolution Gold with all all the dlc

Have a few of the worms games already just wondering is Superfrog and the alien breed trilogy any good?

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭altairscreed

• Registered Users Posts: 2,570 ✭✭✭Elmidena

Lyrical wrote: »
    The new Humble weekly sale is out

https://www.humblebundle.com/weekly

Which includes:

Worms Armageddon
    Worms Blast
    Worms Ultimate Mayhem
    Worms Pinball
    Worms Crazy Golf
    Superfrog HD

Pay a minimum of 6 bucks to unlock the following
    Alien Breed: Impact
    Alien Breed 2: Assault
    Alien Breed 3: Descent
    Worms Revolution Gold with all all the dlc

Have a few of the worms games already just wondering is Superfrog and the alien breed trilogy any good?
    Just an FYI, this Humble Bundle wants you to link your steam account and when you click "reveal keys" or whatever it used to be, it's instantly redeemed on said account. No need to go through the muck of clicking endlessly on each one, but also, no gift copies either!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Mister Man

Elmidena wrote: »
    Just an FYI, this Humble Bundle wants you to link your steam account and when you click "reveal keys" or whatever it used to be, it's instantly redeemed on said account. No need to go through the muck of clicking endlessly on each one, but also, no gift copies either!

Before, that would have annoyed me. Getting all the keys was nice as you could give them to others. But lately, I've seen people trying to sell the keys for serious profit. It's a clever idea by them to put a stop to the stingy *****

• Registered Users Posts: 1,093 ✭✭✭Occono

Mister Man wrote: »
    Before, that would have annoyed me. Getting all the keys was nice as you could give them to others. But lately, I've seen people trying to sell the keys for serious profit. It's a clever idea by them to put a stop to the stingy *****

It'll be annoying for me and my brother though. :/ The Family Sharing thing doesn't sound like it'll be of use, we have free time at the same time.

Occono wrote: »
    It'll be annoying for me and my brother though. :/ The Family Sharing thing doesn't sound like it'll be of use, we have free time at the same time.

You get a DRM Free version too you know?... If you want to play on two different accounts so bad, why not just pay the <€10 most of the time to get the keys twice?

Just posted by Humble Bundles Facebook
    "We'd like to apologize to all customers who are unhappy about the new Steam key OAuth redemption process. We are listening to feedback."
    Possibly reverting back to the original steam keys again..?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

There was a top down driving/shooter in the 90's made by Remedy called Death Rally.

They did a new version of it there recently. It's currently about €2.50 on steam. Quite good so far, for the nostalgia factor if nothing else.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

Mister Man wrote: »
    Just posted by Humble Bundles Facebook
    "We'd like to apologize to all customers who are unhappy about the new Steam key OAuth redemption process. We are listening to feedback."
    Possibly reverting back to the original steam keys again..?

Depends on who was the one looking for the new process. If it was humble bundle or Steam and maybe some other third parties.

Which is a shame, I've double dipped a few games through humble bundle with the intention to add'em to a second steam account I have, but never got a chance to.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,345 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

yeah I like giving away the games that I already have and have given away over 160 so far so it would be a shame

• Registered Users Posts: 2,570 ✭✭✭Elmidena

I'm in two minds with it really. On the one hand, it's really convenient and it promotes that more people buy bundles and thus donate to charity.
    On the other, it's like the times in the past when I've thought "I want that bundle... but I have a lot of games out of it already... I know, I'll give my spare keys to my partner and we'll break even!" and now I might just be as I initially was with "I already have most games... won't bother buying".

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭pepsi45

just a quick question.do the prices for the bundles on www.bundlestars.com change daily ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

Gamestop online have a 2 for €30 deal on select games. See here

Some of the games on it are:
    Tomb Raider
    God of War Ascension
    Borderlands 2
    Crysis 3
    The Walking Dead (Telltale Games one)
    Grid 2

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement