Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gaming Bargains (not Freebies)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

Just to note, GFWL has now been fully removed from steam so any steam game that also uses GFWL will be patched so now it just works as a normal Steam game :D

Starts up GTA IV:D:D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

New Warner Bros Humble Bundle

Pay $1+ to get:
    F.E.A.R. 2
    F.3.A.R (Fear 3)
    LotR: War in the North
    Batman: Arkham Aslyum GotY

Beat the Average to get:
    Batman: Arkham City GotY
    Scribblenauts Unlimited

All steam keys of course.

I have all those except Fear and Arkam City DLC stuff. How do the keys works?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,649 ✭✭✭Not The Real Scarecrow

not live yet, when is it supposed to be available or is it just a rumor?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

not live yet, when is it supposed to be available or is it just a rumor?

Its now up. https://www.humblebundle.com/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,556 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

What's war in the north like?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

DeSelby83 wrote: »

Quietened down a bit since the Good Friday agreement

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭GEO147

Tinie wrote: »
    New Warner Bros Humble Bundle

Pay $1+ to get:
    F.E.A.R. 2
    F.3.A.R (Fear 3)
    LotR: War in the North
    Batman: Arkham Aslyum GotY

Beat the Average to get:
    Batman: Arkham City GotY
    Scribblenauts Unlimited

All steam keys of course.

Nice bundle indeed.

• Registered Users Posts: 770 ✭✭✭abbir

Jernal wrote: »
    I have all those except Fear and Arkam City DLC stuff. How do the keys works?

If you had Arkham City redeemed on Steam then you should have the GOTY edition now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭grimm2005

They've also worked around the not being able to gift annoyance. Still the same system, but there's now a gift link beside each game, if you copy the link and give it to a friend they'll receive the game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭ronkmonster

Just to note, GFWL has now been fully removed from steam so any steam game that also uses GFWL will be patched so now it just works as a normal Steam game :D
    Only certain games that have been updated have it removed. GTA 4 still has it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭ZeitgeistGlee

grimm2005 wrote: »
    They've also worked around the not being able to gift annoyance. Still the same system, but there's now a gift link beside each game, if you copy the link and give it to a friend they'll receive the game.

Might pick it up then, already have the two Arkham games but if I can give them on so much the better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,113 ✭✭✭shruikan2553

Damn them. Bought AA goty and scribblenauts in last steam sale. Not stopping me buying it. Will see how gifting works now.

Each game has its own key and any can be gifted. You get a link to send and they enter their email address. Think it just work like a humble bundle then. So now they can still be sold but its obvious that it was from a bundle and takes the person to their site.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,345 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

that's a fair system and should stop all this reselling nonsense, I wonder will the rest of the bundle sites follow suit

• Registered Users Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

It's alright. Pretty much standard hack and slash, fight your way through countless orcs. I bought it a good while back in a sale pretty much on account of the LOTR link and just being a fan of that general medieval fantasy setting.

Worth the $1 anyway :P, even if you have all the other games. Send me a PM if you want a key.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 779 ✭✭✭Propane Nightmare

SaulGoode9 wrote: »
    Worth the $1 anyway :P, even if you have all the other games. Send me a PM if you want a key.
    If he doesnt want it, could I have it, as its the only game in the bundle I dont have already and it looks interesting :o I liked the ps2 LotR games.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,556 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

If he doesnt want it, could I have it, as its the only game in the bundle I dont have already and it looks interesting :o I liked the ps2 LotR games.

Ye work away, I wouldn't play it more than likely, too much of a backlog as it is so give it to someone who will play it

• Registered Users Posts: 4,973 ✭✭✭Chris_Heilong

Ye work away, I wouldn't play it more than likely, too much of a backlog as it is so give it to someone who will play it

yeah, Because of Steam we have become more collectors here than gamers.

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭Konflikt2K11

Is the steam redeem working for you's? When I go to redeem with my steam acount it goes to a SteamGuard thing which is supposed to email me a code but then it email's me about accessing steam from another computer

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭Konflikt2K11

Nevermind. Just got it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

Dishonored: GOTY edition. £16.99 on amazon
    Xbox and PS3. The DLC campaign is as good as the main game IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭Dacelonid

sweetie wrote: »
    Dishonored: GOTY edition. £16.99 on amazon
    Xbox and PS3. The DLC campaign is as good as the main game IMO.

Have to agree, have completed the main quest twice and Knife of Dunwall twice and am itching to get Brigmore

• Registered Users Posts: 14,837 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

HMV now have an Irish online store http://www.hmv.ie/games.html

yeah, Because of Steam we have become more collectors here than gamers.

While trying to download my new humble bundle games I spent 5ish mins trying to figure out where the game "Confrontation" came from. Worked out it was from a previous bundle, when you have no idea where your games come from you begin to wonder if you have too many.

While trying to download my new humble bundle games I spent 5ish mins trying to figure out where the game "Confrontation" came from. Worked out it was from a previous bundle, when you have no idea where your games come from you begin to wonder if you have too many.

Pfft, wait till you start buying games you own already and don't realise it until Steam or Origin are kind enough to inform you already own them. God help you if you're buying a bundle independent of Steam/Origin. Blooming things let you redeem games more than once while still only showing one copy in your account. Money well and truly wasted. :mad:

:o

• Registered Users Posts: 28,888 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Jernal wrote: »
    Pfft, wait till you start buying games you own already and don't realise it until Steam or Origin are kind enough to inform you already own them. God help you if you're buying a bundle independent of Steam/Origin. Blooming things let you redeem games more than once while still only showing one copy in your account. Money well and truly wasted. :mad:

:o

Not that anyone here has ever done that. :rolleyes:

uh oh! not me! <_<.. >_>.. O_o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭killanena

I don't know if this has been mentions before on this thread but if you go on eBay you can get steam CD keys usually for half the price that it is on steam, they usually send keys within the hour of purchases via eBay private message. Now this isn't true for newer games but I got COD: MW 1 just the other day for 4 euro.

Examples:
    Dark Souls: Prepare To Die Edition €15.44 (€29.99 on steam)
    Tropico 3: Steam Specail Edtion €1.18 (€9.99 on steam)
    Sleeping Dogs €7 (€24.99 on steam)

• Advertisement

Skerries wrote: »

Anyone buy from them before? I've been waiting for a MW game to drop below 5 euro for a long time.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement