Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gaming Bargains (not Freebies)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Hitman: Absolution is going for $4.99 on Amazon.com

Nice one, going to get that.

Have you bought it yourself? Just wondering as people were saying they're gone strict on the whole outside U.S buyers...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

Skerries wrote: »
    just tried to order that and it is not letting me order as I am not a US resident and my digital games library is all gone!!!
    SHííííííííííííííííííííííííííííííííííííííííííííííííííííT!

make sure you set the "orders placed in:" dropdown menu accordingly.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

Skerries wrote: »
    just tried to order that and it is not letting me order as I am not a US resident and my digital games library is all gone!!!
    SHííííííííííííííííííííííííííííííííííííííííííííííííííííT!

FFFFFFFFFuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

Rushed to Amazon to copy all existing steam keys I have on there. Everything is safe, but I was worried there for a moment. Glad I did it before attempting to buy any other games!

DaLad wrote: »

Have you bought it yourself? Just wondering as people were saying they're gone strict on the whole outside U.S buyers...

Nevermind, purchased and activated on Steam! Just used 90210 California USA as my Billing address :P Thanks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,583 ✭✭✭Suryavarman

I already had it. I just bought the two Manhunt games without issue though.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

Decent enough price for Metro Last Light steam key, £21.99 from Simply Games, works out a little over €26 (They don't add on Irish VAT).

http://www.simplycdkeys.com/steam/metro-last-light?pid=19994

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭McSasquatch

Terraria is €3.39 on Steam.

• Registered Users Posts: 775 ✭✭✭simon360

Metro Last Light Limited Edition (Which you can play now!) On http://www.cjs-cdkeys.com/ for 30 euro. Like the Facebook page for an whole extra 50 cent off :P (every little helps). I just got mine there and code arrived instantly through autokey.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,583 ✭✭✭Suryavarman

Digital Download version of Grid 2 for the PC is available for £17.99 (~€21.30) on Simply Games.

Bioshock Infinite (PC Steam) for < €24. Never used this place before myself.

• Advertisement

I genuinely have no idea how reliable this is, but I found the link to it on another site. Essentially it's a list of upcoming digital download bargains on Amazon.com. Might as well bookmark it and see if the deals come to light!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭ussjtrunks

anywhere I can get crysis 1 & 2 steam / origin keys cheaper than on steam?

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭Blinked_Missed It

Just wondering if anyone knows of any deals on Dirt 3 for pc at the moment. Trying to do an Eyefinity with 3 screens is kinda difficult without the actual game :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭Falthyron

Just wondering if anyone knows of any deals on Dirt 3 for pc at the moment. Trying to do an Eyefinity with 3 screens is kinda difficult without the actual game :(

Thinly veiled 'I am f00kin' loaded' post. :D

Steam Sale usually starts first Thursday in July, not long now! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

Falthyron wrote: »

I better start stocking up on food and drink and ensure all bills are paid well in advance, then. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭GEO147

Seems to be around the €20 mark again everywhere. It was €6 a few weeks back and I missed it and then it went back on sale, again for €6 on Steam so Id say it will pop up again for cheap very soon. But even at €20 I would say its worth it, especially with a 3 screen setup.

I'm new to PC gaming and I find its hard now to pay even a few € more than someone else for a game even when its worth 10 times the asking price. Its like the bargain hunting is a game in itself.

Lol, would you believe the 2 other lcds ended up costing almost nothing. I carry the bargaining hunting over to the hardware side as much as possible as well (just picked up a Mad Catz RAT 9 mouse for 50 europes second hand barely used, over the moon). Its not a really powerful rig but I'm a screen junkie for movies & browsing. And this obsession is way cheaper than going out in dublin for a night. Cheers for the heads up although there goes the productivity. :)
    GEO147 wrote: »
    Seems to be around the €20 mark again everywhere. It was €6 a few weeks back and I missed it and then it went back on sale, again for €6 on Steam so Id say it will pop up again for cheap very soon. But even at €20 I would say its worth it, especially with a 3 screen setup.

I'm new to PC gaming and I find its hard now to pay even a few € more than someone else for a game even when its worth 10 times the asking price. Its like the bargain hunting is a game in itself.

Yep 20 seems to be the going rate again. I just missed my own bargain post on it last week (I'm an idiot) but I'll keep checking and post you back on it if I find a good deal on it. And on paying that little bit more I'm exactly the same. Its like the thrill of the hunt for a bargain, it gets obsessive. Keep an eye out on HUKD, the guys on there are really sharp when it comes to spotting bargains :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭Falthyron

And this obsession is way cheaper than going out in dublin for a night. Cheers for the heads up although there goes the productivity. :)

No problem! And you are right! Going out on four Saturday's a month is easily the price of a top of the range graphics card. Makes you think... :D

No problem! And you are right! Going out on four Saturday's a month is easily the price of a top of the range graphics card. Makes you think... :D

And I hear the whole drink driving thing is perfectly ok once its on a pc although my neighbours might disagree when they're looking through the window at me **** faced, whiskey in 1 hand, wheel in the other, cigarette hanging out of my gob & windows open blaring industrial techno at 2am but who knows when you can't make out what they're saying over the engine noise. :)

Its like a cross between Father Jack, a blind Kimi Raikonnen and Bernard Black.

Its like a cross between Father Jack, a blind Kimi Raikonnen and Bernard Black.

Blind Kimi Raikkonen lol. "LEAVE ME ALONE, I KNOW WHAT I'M DOING!!".

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 515 ✭✭✭Dothehustle

dirt 3 is here for a tenner off 2gplay
    http://www.dlcompare.com/games/cd-key-download-dirt-3-189
    i haven't used gameholds but g2play are grand have used them a few times

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

I genuinely have no idea how reliable this is, but I found the link to it on another site. Essentially it's a list of upcoming digital download bargains on Amazon.com. Might as well bookmark it and see if the deals come to light!

Similar list here:

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=336109

I think that thread is managed by someone from amazon.

ussjtrunks, Amazon during their sales, look out for the "Maximum Maximum Pack"

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

ussjtrunks wrote: »
    anywhere I can get crysis 1 & 2 steam / origin keys cheaper than on steam?

Crysis 2 is €11.99 on G2Play, but I can't see any good deals on the original at the moment (in fact most of my usual sites don't have any keys in stock), so might have to wait for Steam/Origin sale

http://www.g2play.net/store/Crysis-2-EA-Download-Manager.html

• Registered Users Posts: 12,342 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

marco_polo wrote: »
    Crysis 2 is €11.99 on G2Play, but I can't see any good deals on the original at the moment (in fact most of my usual sites don't have any keys in stock), so might have to wait for Steam/Origin sale

http://www.g2play.net/store/Crysis-2-EA-Download-Manager.html

according to this the Maximum Maximum edition will be on sale from the 23rd]
    http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?p=10743290#post10743290

Holy crap, that's a good Amazon sale. This could be as bad as a Steam sale for the old bank balance :(

Just bought both Batman Arkham games, goty editions - €8.93

• Registered Users Posts: 5,295 ✭✭✭ionapaul

What is the difference between vanilla Battlefield 3 ($9.99 in the Amazon sale) and the premium edition, which is considerably more?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

I think premium comes with all the DLC

I think premium comes with all the DLC

Correct. All 4 expansion packs which contain 4 maps each, new vehicles, new weapons, new assignments and some bonus digital content such as artwork.

If you're going to play BF3 online, then I'd definitely recommend getting the premium!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,342 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

Correct. All 4 expansion packs which contain 4 maps each, new vehicles, new weapons, new assignments and some bonus digital content such as artwork.

If you're going to play BF3 online, then I'd definitely recommend getting the premium!

I wonder why you would recommend that ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 754 ✭✭✭platinums

is BF 3 Premium going cheap anywhere? preferably on a disk with all that lovely DLC (spare the download)

..other wise Doownloadable. tia

What if i get this one - $24.99 - as I have a US Amazon Account.
    Will the code work over here in Eire or shal i be forced to join US Servers.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement