Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gaming Bargains (not Freebies)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

kendragon wrote: »
    160mb

2707017707.png

UPC ftw!! :D

Tinie wrote: »
    20 minutes to download and install a game over 8gbs in size?! How fast is your net? :eek:

A week or so back I started downloading Bioshock Infinite and Tomb Raider. Watched an episode of the Good Wife and when it was over Infinite was complete and Tomb Raider had 34% done. UPC is amazing.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,873 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

160mb

2707017707.png

Dunno if I'm more jealous of you or that 2% getting faster speeds than you. :)

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

A week or so back I started downloading Bioshock Infinite and Tomb Raider. Watched an episode of the Good Wife and when it was over Infinite was complete and Tomb Raider had 34% done. UPC is amazing.

The Good Wife? Jesus. All the bandwidth you could ask for and you're watching The Good Wife.

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭altairscreed

160mb

2707017707.png
    I hate you :D Your upload speed is X2 faster than my download speed :eek:

• Advertisement

The Good Wife? Jesus. All the bandwidth you could ask for and you're watching The Good Wife.

Nothing wrong with the Good Wife, Alan Cumming is brilliant in it and the show is far more enjoyable than it has any right to be. Certainly far more adult and fun that a lot of what passes for adult drama.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 755 ✭✭✭sea_monkey

160mb

2707017707.png

hnggggggh dat ping

• Registered Users Posts: 7,002 ✭✭✭Wossack

abbir wrote: »
    It would've been on Steam anyway and you would've saved having to download a lot of the files.

and touch an actual disk? like some console playing pigdog!?

bah I say!

Nothing wrong with the Good Wife, Alan Cumming is brilliant in it and the show is far more enjoyable than it has any right to be. Certainly far more adult and fun that a lot of what passes for adult drama.

TV shows I recommend if you haven't seen already:

Dexter
    Sons of Anarchy
    Breaking Bad
    Game of Thrones
    Justified
    The Sopranos
    Homeland
    The Walking Dead
    Deadwood

Now back to being on topic! :D

DaLad wrote: »
    TV shows I recommend if you haven't seen already:

Dexter
    Sons of Anarchy
    Breaking Bad
    Game of Thrones
    Justified
    The Sopranos
    Homeland
    The Walking Dead
    Deadwood

Now back to being on topic! :D

Check my posting in the Television forum, you'll find that not only have I seen all those but that I can recommend you a dozen great shows you have never heard of.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭Nolars

Check my posting in the Television forum, you'll find that not only have I seen all those but that I can recommend you a dozen great shows you have never heard of.

Fair city
    Coronation Street
    Eastenders
    ?

Well then you have good taste in TV shows :P I have a backlog right now but whenever I need something new to watch, I'll make sure to check it out :)

• Registered Users Posts: 885 ✭✭✭kendragon

As an apology for derailing this thread earlier here is a bargain

Tomb Raider steam key for €16.49 (its about another 50cent if you pay by paypal)

Linky

In case anyone is interested it was 9.1gb of a download and it took me 11 minutes from start to finish.

I don't watch TV so admittedly I'm biased. But the missus watches this and it makes my eyes and ears bleed. Not as bad as Grey's Anatomy or Private Practice (shudder) alright, But that's just my opinion. Each to their own.

I do have shows such as this to thank for peaceful gaming however. I download them by the ton and feed them to the Missus to keep her at bay.

Which brings us nicely back onto topic. God bless gaming.

In case anyone is interested it was 9.1gb of a download and it took me 11 minutes from start to finish.
    It took me 11mins to download around 200mbs yesterday :(

I don't watch TV so admittedly I'm biased. But the missus watches this and it makes my eyes and ears bleed. Not as bad as Grey's Anatomy or Private Practice (shudder) alright, But that's just my opinion. Each to their own.

I do have shows such as this to thank for peaceful gaming however. I download them by the ton and feed them to the Missus to keep her at bay.

Which brings us nicely back onto topic. God bless gaming.

If it's the worst show she watches then you're not too bad. And if it makes your eyes and ears bleed then you obviously have very low tolerance. The Good Wife is far from the best thing on TV but it's also a long way from the worst. It's a thoroughly entertaining, throw on to kill 42 minutes show that has a bit of wit to it. Certainly far more enjoyable that Grey's, Glee, etc, etc.

I reckon Private Practice is the worst actual show she watches. A spin off of Grey's Anatomy was never going to be decent and at least Grey's has the odd fine lookin woman. Reality TV is the bottom of the barrell though and thankfully she's not much into that so I'm spared that torture.

Honestly though it was just a passing comment - no offence intended. I honestly don't watch TV. I do have a very low tolerance. Far rather dedicate my time to Movies, Games, Sports.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

Picked this up myself. Only cost me €2.30 (had $1 credit) as I was able to pay in dollars.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

wilser wrote: »
    Tesco have rayman for the PS vita for 15 euro atm

Which tesco and is this the exact same as the ps3 version?

• Advertisement

Tinie wrote: »
    Picked this up myself. Only cost me €2.30 (had $1 credit) as I was able to pay in dollars.
    Nice :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 770 ✭✭✭abbir

sweetie wrote: »

It is mostly the same game as on the 360/PS3. It adds extra hidden touch screen relics but it removes the multiplayer aspect. It's a great game either way.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭wilser

sweetie wrote: »

Tesco naas

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭seamus1980

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭Vojera

Proteus is €4.99 (half price) on Steam.

Anyone know if it's worth a play? (I enjoyed Dear Esther so the idea of just walking around is cool with me).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,843 ✭✭✭Jet Black

Bought it a couple of months ago and only played it for about half an hour. My experience with it in that time was wake up on a beach in a strange place, move around normal wasd, what else? A buttons to make you blink? Chase rabbits, climb hill and find a house I can't go into. Kind of like dayz for kids :) Forgot about it since I bought it so going to have another go of it later. It does look quite interesting.

This post sums it up.

Another minimalist indie game in the Dear Esther / Journey style!

Had a quick whirl of it there, and it deserves a longer whirl by the looks of it. You have a small island to explore. There are secrets hidden around the place - some that change seasons, some that change the way you move, some that initially seem like neat little stylistic flourishes. It's relaxing and with a beautifully tranquil soundtrack.

But it is surely destined to be another game to divide people. Is it just a shallow tech demo? Too arty? Something in between? I have come to really appreciate these little experiments, but need more time on this before I make up my mind on it. It's extremely atmospheric on first contact, though!

Anyone else had a chance to give it a whirl? Available on Steam, or you can buy it with Steam Key and soundtrack through humble and the Proteus website itself. Works out about a euro fifty cheaper on the website.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

Both PC downloads,

Manhunt on USA amazon for 5 dolla

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/ref=pe_174800_29777050_pe_b1/?ASIN=B00CMSCT8E

Manhunt 2 on USA amazon for 7.49 dolla

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/ref=pe_174800_29777050_pe_b1/?ASIN=B00CMSCT8Y

Buy manhunt first, get 5 dolla credit to claim off against manhunt 2. So should be both for 7.48 dolla.

They don't seem to mention steam as a requirement, so will likely be through Amazons download service.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,583 ✭✭✭Suryavarman

Hitman: Absolution is going for $4.99 on Amazon.com

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

Hitman: Absolution is going for $4.99 on Amazon.com

Just a few quid extra for the special edition version too. Which is handy. usually when you see deals on standard, the deal isn't carried over on the special edition.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,337 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

just tried to order that and it is not letting me order as I am not a US resident and my digital games library is all gone!!!
    SHííííííííííííííííííííííííííííííííííííííííííííííííííííT!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement