Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gaming Bargains (not Freebies)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 770 ✭✭✭abbir

Not buying anything at the moment so I can't check this out personally, but I'm hearing Amazon are starting to clamp down on buying from outside the US. Has anyone here tried to buy a digital DL off them recently?? (apparently they now check the credit card itself is of US origin, and not just one of the billing addresses).

I bought Hitman Absolution off them two days ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

I wonder what the point on clamping down on it is?

Unless there's some legal threat.
    It's not like it would necessarily be costing money to amazon.co.uk or another european branch.

People will generally buy off the cheapest supplier. If we can't get cheap $ games we'll only go for the £ if it's cheaper.
    Given that digital media doesn't cost anything to stock I could only see this costing them money.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭McSasquatch

abbir wrote: »
    I bought Hitman Absolution off them two days ago.
    Great, hope it's just a false alarm then!
    Gbear wrote: »

It's not like it would necessarily be costing money to amazon.co.uk or another european branch.

People will generally buy off the cheapest supplier. If we can't get cheap $ games we'll only go for the £ if it's cheaper.
    Given that digital media doesn't cost anything to stock I could only see this costing them money.
    Completely guessing here, but I imagine it's to do with taxation. So might not be Amazon's call.

But as said, may be a false alarm.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,059 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Gbear wrote: »

Publishers getting pissy about it and threatening to not sell Amazon any more keys if they don't crack down on it. Look how difficult it is to buy a game on steam in another region.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭ussjtrunks

Where is the best place to get origin games I'm looking for fifa 13 ,crysis 1-3 and mass effect trilogy. They seem to be quite cheep on kinguin but I don't know if there's a better site?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭Nolars

ussjtrunks wrote: »
    Where is the best place to get origin games I'm looking for fifa 13 ,crysis 1-3 and mass effect trilogy. They seem to be quite cheep on kinguin but I don't know if there's a better site?

Try https://www.g2play.net/store/

For example fifa 13 is 18.99 and it can be redeemed on origin.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,583 ✭✭✭Suryavarman

The entire trilogy of Mass Effect can be picked up on Gamefly for £25

• Registered Users Posts: 885 ✭✭✭kendragon

Black Ops II from littlewoods arrived this morning. Put the key into steam and it worked so I didn't bother with the physical discs. Came with the nuketown DLC as well. Thanks again OP.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

kendragon wrote: »
    Black Ops II from littlewoods arrived this morning. Put the key into steam and it worked so I didn't bother with the physical discs. Came with the nuketown DLC as well. Thanks again OP.

Got it today too. Already had a few games. The first cod I decide to skip one, is the best one... :rolleyes: Infinity ward, needs to learn a thing or two from Treyarch... :rolleyes:

now if w could get season pass from littlewoods lolololol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,649 ✭✭✭Not The Real Scarecrow

Got it today too. Already had a few games. The first cod I decide to skip one, is the best one... :rolleyes: Infinity ward, needs to learn a thing or two from Treyarch... :rolleyes:

Played it over the weekend and got the taste for it again. Ended up picking up MW2 on Kinguin for 16euro.Having a blast on it, actually enjoying it more than I did first time around and actually plays better than Blops2.

• Advertisement

Steam summer sale should be coming up... might have the DLC discounted.

5 x Lego titles for the PC available on Game.co.uk for €21-ish, can be activated on Steam. Includes;
    • Lego Batman
    • Lego Batman 2
    • Lego Lord of the Rings
    • Lego Harry Potter Years 1-4
    • Lego Harry Potter Years 5-7

Orcs Must Die series going cheap on Gamers Gate. All must be redeemed on Steam. Fun games!

Get Metro 2033 (PC) on GMG for a paltry €2 when you use the code GMG20-GGN5D-FC3NA.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭wilser

Tesco have rayman for the PS vita for 15 euro atm

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

Mini Sale on GMG

Saints Row: The Third products are 66% off
    Dead Island GOTY is 75% off** - £4.99
    Metro 2033 is 75% off** - £2.99
    Carcassonne is 75% off - £1.99
    Emergency 2013 is 50% off - £9.99
    Iron Front Liberation 1944 is 66% off - £5.09
    Risen is 66% off - £5.09
    Risen 2 Dark Waters is 66% off - £6.79
    X3 Superbox is 50% off - £9.99

use GMG20-GGN5D-FC3NA to get an additional 20% off the shown price.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭omerin

Mine was delivered aswell, but why didn't you install it off the discs? Why d/l it from Steam???

• Registered Users Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭omerin

Nolars wrote: »
    Try https://www.g2play.net/store/

For example fifa 13 is 18.99 and it can be redeemed on origin.

€14 here :)

http://www.kinguin.net/fifa/fifa-soccer-2013-ea-origin-key.html

omerin wrote: »
    Mine was delivered aswell, but why didn't you install it off the discs? Why d/l it from Steam???

Prefer to have it on Steam. It was only 8.2gb.

• Registered Users Posts: 770 ✭✭✭abbir

It would've been on Steam anyway and you would've saved having to download a lot of the files.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 450 ✭✭taytothief

New Indie Royale Bundle!

http://www.indieroyale.com/

Hurray!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭ussjtrunks

omerin wrote: »

Got Fifa there earlier cracking deal though origin download speeds are rubbish stays at around 100kbs when I can get 350kbs in steam

Got Crysis 3 + Fifa 13 + Dmc on there for less than 50

Saints Row the Third (Full Package) for €10.88 on Green Man Gaming, when you use the code GMG20-GGN5D-FC3NA. Registers on Steam.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Got Fifa there earlier cracking deal though origin download speeds are rubbish stays at around 100kbs when I can get 350kbs in steam

Got Crysis 3 + Fifa 13 + Dmc on there for less than 50

I never had a problem when I was downloading at 13Mbps :D:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

It's a Steamworks title so it would have been added to Steam either way. You waited for 8GB of data to download rather than install from the disc (not a major deal I would imagine). Pretty sure you can still install games from the disc after they have been added to Steam too to save you downloading them all again if your connection is not the best.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,342 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

Bundle Stars
    4 Steam games for 0.95c

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

It's a Steamworks title so it would have been added to Steam either way. You waited for 8GB of data to download rather than install from the disc (not a major deal I would imagine). Pretty sure you can still install games from the disc after they have been added to Steam too to save you downloading them all again if your connection is not the best.

Little bit off topic, but yes. I got my copy yesterday too, but I had multiplayer part installed from blops 2 weekend. So just added CD key, then popped discs and it installed from discs like a charm.

I've a pretty good connection so it didn't bother me. Had a feeling it was steamworks and would have needed steam anyway but i've never installed anything physically to steam before so didn't want any hassle with where it would install ect.. Only took about 20minutes anyway. :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

Only took about 20minutes anyway. :D

20 minutes to download and install a game over 8gbs in size?! How fast is your net? :eek:

• Advertisement

Tinie wrote: »
    20 minutes to download and install a game over 8gbs in size?! How fast is your net? :eek:

160mb

2707017707.png

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement