Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gaming Bargains (not Freebies)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭McSasquatch

As has been suggested earlier (can't remember who said it now), just leave it up to the person offering the gift/code to choose their own selection method.

And I also believe there should be a seperate thread for gifting etc (then again, I also think there should be a seperate forum for pc gamers, and that's not gonna happen anytime soon, so meh).

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭Blinked_Missed It

GEO147 wrote: »
    Yeah I contributed to the thread with some info, I gave you took, simple. I blinked and I missed it.

Will everybody stop posting free game codes so this lad can get some sleep :)

So your insulting me twice and calling me a parasite who takes, then your thanking my post for the Tom Clancy bargain post. WTH. Please just go away and stop being childish. Find something to post up for others to avail or just leave. Your basically moaning because you didn't get to 'take'. I logged into the thread today after getting an email bargain I thought would benefit others to put it up and ionapaul posted right after me, simple. You'd swear I robbed someones house ffs.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

As has been suggested earlier (can't remember who said it now), just leave it up to the person offering the gift/code to choose their own selection method.

And I also believe there should be a seperate thread for gifting etc (then again, I also think there should be a seperate forum for pc gamers, and that's not gonna happen anytime soon, so meh).

There already is. Ye are too worried gifting, ye missed it :p

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭GEO147

So your insulting me twice and calling me a parasite who takes, then your thanking my post for the Tom Clancy bargain post. WTH. Please just go away and stop being childish. Find something to post up for others to avail or just leave. Your basically moaning because you didn't get to 'take'. I logged into the thread today after getting an email bargain I thought would benefit others to put it up and ionapaul posted right after me, simple. You'd swear I robbed someones house ffs.

Are you actually serious? I'm following the thread for the same reason as everyone else, for gaming bargains. That's what the thread is for.

No need to get so upset and defensive about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,473 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Enough, guys. Please stop with the bickering.

FWIW, you snooze you lose. It's the same for any bargain thread on the whole site.

Now back on topic please.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 770 ✭✭✭abbir

Humble Bundle is back with The Humble Double Fine Bundle. Costume Quest, Stacking and Psychonauts for pay what you want while Brutal Legend available for beating the average.

http://www.humblebundle.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 885 ✭✭✭kendragon

I too am going to risk insult and ask that all the gifting be moved to another thread. The gaming bargain thread is a fantastic resource for people and bargains are at risk of getting buried under piles of 'I have a steam key up for grabs' and 'thanks for the steam key' posts. Please move it somewhere else and stop derailing this thread.

To keep it on topic. There is a double-fine humble bundle out now.

Linky

EDIT: I took way to long typing this.... LOL!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭Nolars

kendragon wrote: »
    I too am going to risk insult and ask that all the gifting be moved to another thread. The gaming bargain thread is a fantastic resource for people and bargains are at risk of getting buried under piles of 'I have a steam key up for grabs' and 'thanks for the steam key' posts. Please move it somewhere else and stop derailing this thread.

Linky

A free game is a bargain. If a new thread is set up then people just follow it to get free stuff at least in here regulars who contribute and regularly view this thread have more of a chance of getting a GREAT bargain.

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭altairscreed

Linky

Honestly I check this thread constantly and post bargains fairly regularly I've never once thought it was been bogged down by people giving out free keys :)
    And on that note iv a free metro 2033 key for whoever wants it :P

Nolars wrote: »
    A free game is a bargain. If a new thread is set up then people just follow it to get free stuff at least in here regulars who contribute and regularly view this thread have more of a chance of getting a GREAT bargain.

No, giving away a steam key is not a bargain it is a prize.

• Advertisement

No, giving away a steam key is not a bargain it is a prize.
    So whats the problem? Personally Id rather give out free keys on a bargains thread than a thread set up specifically for free keys

• Registered Users Posts: 28,873 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

If you enter a code into Steam for a game you already have, do you lose the code?

I've got a code for a game that I already have but before offering it, would prefer to know it worked. Plus would just be nice to know for future purposes.

CastorTroy wrote: »
    If you enter a code into Steam for a game you already have, do you lose the code?

I've got a code for a game that I already have but before offering it, would prefer to know it worked. Plus would just be nice to know for future purposes.
    No it'll just say you have it already

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭McSasquatch

Need For Speed: Shift is a fiver on Steam.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,873 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

No it'll just say you have it already

In that case, I've also got a Metro 2033 key to offer someone.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,473 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

On a trial run - Freebies here from now on.

This thread is for bargains only (games going cheap).

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭Blinked_Missed It

Can anyone tell me how to offer (gift) a code from Gamersgate on here. Never used them before and just bought the Tom Clancy Collection. HAWK just isn't something I think I'd be into so free to a good home. Don't want to make a balls of it. It says "Games can be gifted to either one of your GamersGate buddies or a friend through an e-mailed gift card" so do I have to get the recipients email address 1st to gift it?

Edit: Crap, Mr E you posted as I was typing. Sorry

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭phily2002

Blops2 dispatched from littlewoods(14 euro) Happy days :)

phily2002 wrote: »
    Blops2 dispatched from littlewoods(14 euro) Happy days :)

Mine got dispatched too. I'm very surprised that they honoured the price fair play to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Cravez

All the Tropico games (including all DLC I think) on Indie Gala for about €6.90.

Steam Redeemable.

http://www.indiegala.com/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

All the Tropico games (including all DLC I think) on Indie Gala for about €6.90.

Steam Redeemable.

celebrate.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭omerin

Steam Redeemable.

Just paid $8.50, thanks. The sad part is that I will probably never play them :)

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

Paid $15.
    Paypal converted (which I should really be more sceptical of) was €11.82. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭omerin

Jernal wrote: »
    Paid $15.
    Paypal converted (which I should really be more sceptical of) was €11.82. :D

You must have money to throw away :D

I don't think there is dlc for 3 & 4

btw I also received confirmation that blops has shipped ;)

The new metro is €30 with a free copy of the original -

https://www.g2play.net/store/Metro-Last-Light-Steam-Key.html

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,059 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Sleeping Dogs - Limited Edition is only 15 Polish Zloty on Origin. This works out at less than €4. The origin site seems to use a script to check your country and redirect you if you are not in Poland. To get around that use NoScript in firefox or scriptsafe in Chrome before clicking the link. There are no extra hoops to jump through apart from guessing what you put into the various fields to order. It's a steam code too.

http://store.origin.com/store/eaemea/pl_PL/pd/productID.275638800

• Registered Users Posts: 14,837 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Sale on psn http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2013/05/08/knights-and-witches-sale-starts-on-ps-store-today/

PlayStation 3(with additional 10% discount for PS Plus subscribers)

Black Knight Sword
    Was €9.99/£7.99, now €3.99/£3.19

Dark Souls: Artorias of the Abyss
    Was €12.99/£9.99, now €6.49/£5.19

Demon’s Souls
    Was €19.99/£15.99, now €9.99/£7.99
    Note: Coming to PS Plus in June

Dragon’s Lair
    Was €9.99/£7.99, now €4.99/£3.99

Dragon’s Lair II: Time Warp
    Was €9.99/£7.99, now €4.99/£3.99

Dungeon Hunter: Alliance
    Was €12.99/£9.99, now €4.99/£3.99

Fat Princess: Supersize Anniversary Bundle
    Was €14.99/£11.99, now €7.99/£6.49

Game of Thrones
    Was €39.99/£29.99, now €14.99/£11.99

ICO and Shadow of the Colossus Classics HD
    Was €24.99/£19.99, now €12.99/£10.99
    Note: Coming to PS Plus in June

ICO Classics HD
    Was €17.99/£13.99, now €8.99/£7.29

Medieval Moves
    Was €14.99/£10.99, now €9.99/£7.99

MediEvil Resurrection
    Was €7.99/£6.49, now €3.99/£3.19

Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch
    Was €59.99/£49.99, now €29.99/£19.99

Rune Factory Oceans
    Was €49.99/£39.99, now €19.99/£15.99

Trine 2
    Was €11.25/£8.99, now €4.49/£3.69

Wizardry: Labyrinth of Lost Souls
    Was €9.99/€7.99, now €3.99/£3.19

PlayStation 3(no PS Plus discount)

Dragon Age: Origins
    €19.99/£15.99, now €7.99/£6.49

Dragon Age II
    Was €19.99/£15.99, now €9.99/£7.99

PSOne

Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver
    Was €5.99/£4.79, now €2.49/£1.99

MediEvil
    Was €4.99/£3.99, now €2.49/£1.99

• Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Can you download them PS1 games on the PS3 ? Never tried it before would love legacy of kain

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,059 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Can you download them PS1 games on the PS3 ? Never tried it before would love legacy of kain

Well, you can hardly download them to the PS1.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

My blops got despatched today too lads. 14eu. Fair play for posting that barbain . I am sort of kicking myself for not picking up ps3 version too. My buddy will live at my place for 2 months, due to courses locally. Would have been fun to play some zombies.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭aN.Droid

My blops got despatched today too lads. 14eu. Fair play for posting that barbain . I am sort of kicking myself for not picking up ps3 version too. My buddy will live at my place for 2 months, due to courses locally. Would have been fun to play some zombies.

Can I assume you don't need my spare copy then as someone else is looking for it?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement