Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gaming Bargains (not Freebies)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭omerin

BLOPS is €34 now for the pc, looks like someone made a typo yesterday.... expect the cancellation emails very soon :(

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

omerin wrote: »
    BLOPS is €34 now for the pc, looks like someone made a typo yesterday.... expect the cancellation emails very soon :(
    Or they sold out the stock they needed way faster then expected. So they bumped up the price. I really hope they will honour the ones that were ordered at that price. Looks like limerics got his confirmation too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭aN.Droid

Or they sold out the stock they needed way faster then expected. So they bumped up the price. I really hope they will honour the ones that were ordered at that price. Looks like limerics got his confirmation too.

http://i.imgur.com/1qOP8lm.png is an image of the email.

I didn't order 5 for myself (why would I!?) but for myself and my gaming chums.

I do have one extra though as I had to order over 60 euro to get that 30 euro discount so if yours gets canceled I will trade you one of mine for face value (14 euro) or if you have any games to trade.

I also have tracking information for the order in my account.

• Registered Users Posts: 675 ✭✭✭rgfuller

This looks possible since when I ordered it this morning it had gone up €2 to €16 (pc), order is now showing as processed. Fingers crossed.

Okay, if anyone interested. I got it confirmed now. Not dispatch though. They charged me 14eu. So looks like they are honouring it. thumbs up!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 754 ✭✭✭platinums

More Freebies - Darksiders II [Download]

Platform: Windows Vista / 7 / XP
    File size: 6.96 GB

PM me,
    What are we saying for freebies - people over 100 posts or is that curt snobbery.

Dont worry if you dont get this one i have some more codes to give away later.:pac:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,331 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

^^
    Thats a nice freebie for someone

• Registered Users Posts: 12,330 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

bloody joke of a site that Littlewoods
    just checked and after spending 20 minutes last night trying to order it, it didn't poxy well go through. urrgh!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭GarIT

Sims 3 (PC) and all its expansions are €19.99 each in Argos.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

Can't you use this thread for giving out keys instead of the bargains thread?

I come here looking for deals, not a once off offering.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

Can't you use this thread for giving out keys instead of the bargains thread?

I come here looking for deals, not a once off offering.

Why can't both be posted here? :/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,583 ✭✭✭Suryavarman

3 games to give away:

Rome: Total War - Gold Edition Gone
    Medieval II: Total War - Gold Edition Gone
    Saints Row: The Third Gone

PM me for a key. I'm only giving away one game per poster.

Just spotted that I have The Basement Collection to give away as well. Gone

Skerries wrote: »
    just checked and after spending 20 minutes last night trying to order it, it didn't poxy well go through. urrgh!

Off topic, but yeah. Bloody stupid website. You cant even cancel orders from website too. Stupid address system. first time buyers get a credit check even if you buy with visa and cheap products, delivery times are worse then amazon free supersaver delivery.

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭Blinked_Missed It

May have been posted before but got another email from Gamefly. 75% off Codemasters racers.

http://www.gamefly.co.uk/download-games/browse/?ids=5005613,5002042,5001135,5001489,5002249,5004638#.UYlF0D60P7E

• Registered Users Posts: 5,295 ✭✭✭ionapaul

Got a Metro 2033 key spare - PM me if you're interested, will reply to one lucky person with the code. Gone

ionapaul wrote: »
    Got a Metro 2033 key spare - PM me if you're interested, will reply to one lucky person with the code. Gone

Activated. Thanks again. :)

Actually can I ask everyone where are you getting the keys from. Am I missing something on Steam or elsewhere where I could be posting keys for games I either have already or don't want on the thread? (sorry if that sounds completely thick I...eh...am completely thick) :)

Actually can I ask everyone where are you getting the keys from. Am I missing something on Steam or elsewhere where I could be posting keys for games I either have already or don't want on the thread? (sorry if that sounds completely thick I...eh...am completely thick) :)

The games I gave away I already had and then came as part of bundles. Saints Row: The Third for example, I bought in a Steam sale and then I got another copy of it in the THQ humble bundle. So I gave away the code from the bundle.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,649 ✭✭✭Not The Real Scarecrow

Out of curiosity how many free games have you got off this thread? Might be nice to give some one else a chance ,don't you think?Don't take it personally and its not even from my perspective as I have most of the games on offer, but it odes seem that you are getting the majority of whats coming up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭aN.Droid

Skerries wrote: »

I'll give you the same offer I gave shadow since he is getting his off littlewoods afterall that is unless he still wants it.

Deal is I have a spare game on the way to me and will trade it for a game or for face value (14 euro + paypal fee) let me know if you want it. Should have it friday.

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭GEO147

Meatwad wrote: »
    Out of curiosity how many free games have you got off this thread? Might be nice to give some one else a chance ,don't you think?Don't take it personally and its not even from my perspective as I have most of the games on offer, but it odes seem that you are getting the majority of whats coming up.

His user name is very apt indeed lol....and I agree.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭phily2002

got confirmation from littlewoods today, looking good so far :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,506 ✭✭✭✭Varik

The games I gave away I already had and then came as part of bundles. Saints Row: The Third for example, I bought in a Steam sale and then I got another copy of it in the THQ humble bundle. So I gave away the code from the bundle.

How did you get a key, I had it already and the after getting the bundle I never got an extra key from steam like I did with the orange box and HL2 (the games from the bundle was mostly a all-in-one key)

Meatwad wrote: »

3 in total. No offence taken but also I take issue with the "getting the majority of whats coming up" as if you look over the last 10 pages of the thread thats just factually wrong (the whole "out of curiosity" and "taking the majority" isn't really a cohesive argument, honestly no offence meant there). Metro was something I kept hearing about and was really interested in seeing what the fuss was about as I always liked dark creepy FPS which are rare (usually 3rd person which isn't for me). I'm only back into PC gaming after years of consolling so have nothing in my gaming bag after about 2005 and have been posting up anything I can find related to deals whether I get offers via email or just from scouting the net as my posts show.

As for GEO147 in 163 posts you've made 1 comment on Dirt 3 being 6.79 on Steam and contributed no bargain alerts to others here as far as I can see so if you don't mind not throwing stones I'd appreciate it. Maybe you'd like to start contributing to the thread to help others out? Like I just did less than an hour ago. Cheers.

Those I have been gifted (and much appreciated are)

Metro there from ionapaul
    Iron Grip from Skerries
    Nexuiz from Platinums

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

Timmyctc wrote: »
    Why can't both be posted here? :/

I was just saying, because this is meant to primarily be a bargains thread. Swapping keys exclude others as once they are passed they aren't avail to others.

Just spotted this on Gamersgate. Tom Clancy's Collection for 5 of her Royal majestys finest, down from 20.

http://www.gamersgate.co.uk/DDB-TCC/tom-clancys-collection-bundle

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭GEO147

3 in total. No offence taken but also I take issue with the "getting the majority of whats coming up" as if you look over the last 10 pages of the thread thats just factually wrong (the whole "out of curiosity" and "taking the majority" isn't really a cohesive argument, honestly no offence meant there). Metro was something I kept hearing about and was really interested in seeing what the fuss was about as I always liked dark creepy FPS which are rare (usually 3rd person which isn't for me). I'm only back into PC gaming after years of consolling so have nothing in my gaming bag after about 2005 and have been posting up anything I can find related to deals whether I get offers via email or just from scouting the net as my posts show.

As for GEO147 in 163 posts you've made 1 comment on Dirt 3 being 6.79 on Steam and contributed no bargain alerts to others here as far as I can see so if you don't mind not throwing stones I'd appreciate it. Maybe you'd like to start contributing to the thread to help others out? Like I just did less than an hour ago. Cheers.

Those I have been gifted (and much appreciated are)

Metro there from ionapaul
    Iron Grip from Skerries
    Nexuiz from Platinums

Yeah I contributed to the thread with some info, I gave you took, simple. I blinked and I missed it.

Will everybody stop posting free game codes so this lad can get some sleep :)

Varik wrote: »
    How did you get a key, I had it already and the after getting the bundle I never got an extra key from steam like I did with the orange box and HL2 (the games from the bundle was mostly a all-in-one key)

IIRC games that were added as the sale went along or games that were only available if you paid above average had individual steam keys. The ones available for $1.00 at the start only had 1 key for the bundle of games.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭omerin

I think the preference for someone offering a free game should be to someone who has gifted a game to someone previously. Maybe a link to the post where they offered and gave the game should be included in the pm? I mention this as someone who has neither gifted or received a free game from this thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

I was just saying, because this is meant to primarily be a bargains thread. Swapping keys exclude others as once they are passed they aren't avail to others.

As much as I've been hoping to grab a free key off someone (and failed, haha), I absolutely agree with this guy.

A "bargain" is good for a few hours/days/weeks depending, and this thread gives a pretty good overview of what's on offer, and where.

Free keys are good for a few seconds or minutes at the most, and once they're gone, they just become dead posts I need to scroll past to find the actual bargains.

Tl;dr: As much as I would like a free key, I agree they shouldn't clog up this thread.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,093 ✭✭✭Occono

platinums wrote: »
    More Freebies - Darksiders II [Download]

Platform: Windows Vista / 7 / XP
    File size: 6.96 GB

PM me,
    What are we saying for freebies - people over 100 posts or is that curt snobbery.

Dont worry if you dont get this one i have some more codes to give away later.:pac:

Won it, thanks!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement