Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gaming Bargains (not Freebies)

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

Skerries wrote: »
    what platform is that on?

Its a mental condition.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,050 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

There should be no set rules about it, just leave it up to the person with the code to decide how they want to dole it out.

To anyone who missed out on the Stalker code, use this as an excuse to treat yourself. The games are awesome.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,825 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

There should be no set rules about it, just leave it up to the person with the code to decide how they want to dole it out.

To anyone who missed out on the Stalker code, use this as an excuse to treat yourself. The games are awesome.

Tried it on my gaming laptop back in 07, didn't like it. Tried in on my current rig, still don't like it. Guess the game is just not for me. :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

Tried it on my gaming laptop back in 07, didn't like it. Tried in on my current rig, still don't like it. Guess the game is just not for me. :confused:

Yep that happens. There's no rule saying you should like a certain game. There is kind of a rule though that you need to at least try certain games.:pac:
    (Obviously though if the genre don't whet your appetite then you shouldn't try it.)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

Great game S.T.A.L.K.E.R reminds me of Metro: 2033. Got the latter free off a FB deal before THQ went belly up. Great games.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭McSasquatch

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Quick question about something I've been trying to figure out: Is this thread just for PC games or all platforms? I know I've posted PC bargains here, PSN bargains in the PS Plus thread in the Playstation forum and Wii U bargains in the Wii U Bargains thread in the Nintendo forum.

Also does this thread cover consoles and accessories?

Yeah, bargains on any format can be posted in here as well as deals on gaming hardware/peripherals.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,313 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

it just seems like it is for PC because all the best deals are on PC and not Console games ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Timmyctc wrote: »
    Great game S.T.A.L.K.E.R reminds me of Metro: Last Light. Got the latter free off a FB deal before THQ went belly up. Great games.

That was Metro 2033.

Last light is the expansion sequel.

I got it too. It's gorgeous but I don't really like stealth games.

Gbear wrote: »
    That was Metro 2033.

Last light is the expansion sequel.

I got it too. It's gorgeous but I don't really like stealth games.

My mistake. Yeah but you can play it non stealthily if thats your thing. I found this electromagnetic weapon in the early stages of the game that lasted me the entire playthrough. So OP :P

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭Blinked_Missed It

Got an email from Green Man Gaming with 30%, 25% and 20% off codes. May be of use to someone

http://blog.playfire.com/2013/05/a-handful-of-vouchers-for-your-weekend.html?emst=5ky7McNM2t_116193_97168_177

• Advertisement

Fallout Complete Collection is €6.79 on Steam.

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭altairscreed

Skerries wrote: »
    it just seems like it is for PC because all the best deals are on PC and not Console games ;)
    Just another reason why PC is super awesome :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

On giving out codes, ive always posted that i have a code and give it to the first person who asks for it on the thread and just send it to them via pm. At least that way i know a genuine Boards user is getting the code.

Jernal wrote: »
    Fallout Complete Collection is €6.79 on Steam.

Is that a complete collection or "complete collection"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭Dacelonid

Complete collection, ie fallout 1,2 and tactics

Is that a complete collection or "complete collection"

"Complete collection"
    Yeah, that sh*t really annoys me at times.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,843 ✭✭✭Julez

People should have to earn codes... with sock puppet shows!!

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭altairscreed

• Registered Users Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭Dacelonid

Jernal wrote: »
    "Complete collection"
    Yeah, that sh*t really annoys me at times.

But it was the complete collection when it was released. Its not as if steam are calling it a complete collection, that is just the name of the product

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,050 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

It does seem a bit marmite-ey all right. You either love it or hate it. It does take a bit of time to get into it though. When I first played it, I hated it but after a few hours I was hooked.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 450 ✭✭taytothief

On giving out codes, ive always posted that i have a code and give it to the first person who asks for it on the thread and just send it to them via pm. At least that way i know a genuine Boards user is getting the code.

Think that's my new tactic. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

Great game S.T.A.L.K.E.R reminds me of Metro: Last Light. Got the latter free off a FB deal before THQ went belly up. Great games.

I really hope you got the order the wrong way around there :)

• Registered Users Posts: 503 ✭✭✭davidsatelle100

Star wars all reduced on steam http://store.steampowered.com/sub/25772/

Star wars all reduced on steam http://store.steampowered.com/sub/25772/

Because it's Star Wars Day!

May the Fourth be with you! :D

Borderlands 2 PC ~€8.45 Steam Redeemable

Apply coupon “elder-geek.com”

• Registered Users Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭TheGunns

not particularly a bargain but Neverwinter Nights 2 is available to buy again but on GOG, doesnt look like itll ever come back to steam. Been up for awhile so just for those who havent seen :) :

http://www.gog.com/gamecard/neverwinter_nights_2_complete

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,649 ✭✭✭Not The Real Scarecrow

TheGunns wrote: »
    not particularly a bargain but Neverwinter Nights 2 is available to buy again but on GOG, doesnt look like itll ever come back to steam. Been up for awhile so just for those who havent seen :) :

http://www.gog.com/gamecard/neverwinter_nights_2_complete

Over on gamersgate they have the complete collection(1+2 and all expansions) for 7.50 euro.About half the price for just 2 on GOG
    http://www.gamersgate.com/DD-DDNWNC/dungeons-and-dragons-neverwinter-nights-complete

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭McSasquatch

Splinter Cell Collection (PC) is ~ €10.38 on Gamers Gate.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Tomb Raider (the new one) is 50% off on Steam.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement