Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Great Earphones at Great Prices

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭cunnifferous

glasso wrote: »
    just swapped the earbuds for some sony replica type ones that I had that I got from ebay ages ago. allows for deeper insertion into the ear and the results are decent. they are worth the money.

=====

budget iem hero head-fi threads typically have the following evolution

1. great review by someone
    2. followers flood in
    3. did I get fakes - who on the net is selling the real ones?
    4. arguments over which $300 iem's they are better than and compared to previous budget iem heroes
    5. consensus that minimum burn-in of 600 hours required before they "come alive"
    6. man they are way way better if you completely take them apart and stick a bit of toilet paper between the first and second sections -( mod #1)
    7 how do I fix my iem's that I broke trying mod #1
    8 some guy is offering a re-cabling service for $150 for these $20 earphones and everyone who used him is really happy with the results
    9 the hype backlash
    10 settling down into some sort of agreement that they are decent but probably nothing too special

Ha, got a good laugh out of that list. It's a pretty accurate description, especially points 5 and 6. This iem sounds like broken glass scraping down a blackboard? Just burn it in for another 500 hours (it inevitably falls to pieces around the 100 hour mark), or shove a load of safety pins into the nozzle (never makes a sound again).

donnyb28 wrote: »

The Xiaomi Pistons are fantastic! Genuine and have a faint of chocolate also haha. Presentation is lovely and the build and sound quality are brilliant, all for under €25, unreal value!

using these with black foam tips that came with soundmagic pl30. work well and look well with them.

301732.jpg

using these with black foam tips that came with soundmagic pl30. work well and look well with them.

still prefer the sound of the sony mh1-c personally though. has more personality / warmth to it :)

still prefer the sound of the sony mh1-c personally though. has more personality / warmth to it :)

Have you tried the Vsonic VSD1/VSD1S? They can be got for fairly cheap now, nearly the same price as the pistons. Build quality is worse than the MH1C but I'd rate the sound quality as bit better. A little less bass, and a bit more highs than the MH1C but still with good clear mids.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,833 ✭✭✭shootermacg

Have you tried the Vsonic VSD1/VSD1S? They can be got for fairly cheap now, nearly the same price as the pistons. Build quality is worse than the MH1C but I'd rate the sound quality as bit better. A little less bass, and a bit more highs than the MH1C but still with good clear mids.

Bought a pair, one side died the second time I wore it, never happened to me with any other IEMs ever!

• Advertisement

no I haven't but I have the Vsonic GR06.

Bought a pair, one side died the second time I wore it, never happened to me with any other IEMs ever!

Yeah the plastic shells are a bit weak, but still one day is a bit crazy! They have a 1 year warranty though, I presume you got them replaced?

no I haven't but I have the Vsonic GR06.

Haven't heard the GR06, think the VSD1 has a more V-shaped sound than those. Here's jokers review of them.

http://www.innerfidelity.com/content/more-less-vsonic-vsd1-and-vsd1s

Seen places selling them for $30 recently, for that they're a steal.

Haven't heard the GR06, think the VSD1 has a more V-shaped sound than those. Here's jokers review of them.

http://www.innerfidelity.com/content/more-less-vsonic-vsd1-and-vsd1s

Seen places selling them for $30 recently, for that they're a steal.

GR06 is a higher range model - costs about $65 on eaby. Really well made (best cable that I've encountered on iem's) and decent sound but not my favourite (I have to stop buying iem's!)

yer man Joker likes these

http://theheadphonelist.com/headphone_review/vsonic-gr06/

• Registered Users Posts: 586 ✭✭✭theintern

Have a spare pair of those Xiaomi Pistons, I ordered 2 by accident. If anyone wants them, let me know via PM and we'll sort something out. Never used. Got them from ibuygou.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,702 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Logitech HE-4000 are going ridiculously cheap now that they've been discontinued, just bought a pair on Amazon for €33 delivered -- verdict when they arrive.

theintern wrote: »
    Have a spare pair of those Xiaomi Pistons, I ordered 2 by accident. If anyone wants them, let me know via PM and we'll sort something out. Never used. Got them from ibuygou.

as an update on these great sound for the money but have to get different tips (foam or sony hybrid -> check ebay, ok for me) and wear over the ear (which is just about possible without a choke effect) for better insertion.

the included chocolate smelling tips are about as useful as if they were actually made of chocolate.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭Morrison J

Can someone link me a good and secure place to buy Xiaomi Pistons please? Never know which websites are trustworthy with all the fakes etc. Thanks a million.

Morrison J wrote: »
    Can someone link me a good and secure place to buy Xiaomi Pistons please? Never know which websites are trustworthy with all the fakes etc. Thanks a million.

ibuygou is the official reseller. Delivery isn't the fastest, but that's where you'll be sure you're getting the real thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭Morrison J

ibuygou is the official reseller. Delivery isn't the fastest, but that's where you'll be sure you're getting the real thing.

Looks the job. Thanks a million!

yes - took over a month or more for mine to arrive. you could investigate on headfi what other reliable but quicker sellers that may be out there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭ZeitgeistGlee

yes - took over a month or more for mine to arrive. you could investigate on headfi what other reliable but quicker sellers that may be out there.

Was just about to ask about this, ordered on the 10th of May and haven't seen anything of them yet.

Was just about to ask about this, ordered on the 10th of May and haven't seen anything of them yet.

think that it took 5 weeks all told. was hoping for about 3 weeks. you can reply to the shipped mail and they actually have tracking on their side to some extent, even on the free postage.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭ZeitgeistGlee

think that it took 5 weeks all told. was hoping for about 3 weeks. you can reply to the shipped mail and they actually have tracking on their side to some extent, even on the free postage.

Will give it a shot, cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,234 ✭✭✭✭endacl

One month into a pair of Bowers & Wilkins p5's. Frickin' stunning. Best feature? They were free!

:D

If I lost/damaged these, I'd pay full price for a replacement pair. SkullCandy days are over...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 457 ✭✭conjon

Amazon.de currently have the Sennheiser IE80s on sale for 189. This is considerably cheaper than other sites. I can't comment on them as I have a pair of 535s, but they have been getting very good reviews.

http://www.amazon.de/Sennheiser-504771-IE-80-In-Ear-Kopfh%C3%B6rer/dp/B005N8W27I/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1402490397&sr=8-1&keywords=sennheiser+ie80

Conor.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,382 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

There's a thread in BA at the moment where the OP says Sennheiser Momentums are €129 in HMV (dundrum at least)
    Might be worth a go for some

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057245915

• Registered Users Posts: 5,199 ✭✭✭muppetkiller

• Registered Users Posts: 4,833 ✭✭✭shootermacg

I have these and they're a fun can, although the phillips fidelio X1 kicks it's arse for slightly more cash.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭TimeToShine

It's a great deal, I really shouldn't...

Massdrop has a decent deal on Nuforce NE-600X IEMs, basically €13 delivered. Joker from Head Fi rates them quite highly if you love bass. £20 or so on Amazon.co.uk

https://www.massdrop.com/buy/nuforce-ne-600x

• Registered Users Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭docentore

Some good headphones in great prices showed up on richersounds clearance.

RHA MA750 for 40GBP, half the price on amazon, Senns HD25 for less than 90GBP, some others.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭marko93

I don't see 25s for less than 130 :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭docentore

marko93 wrote: »
    I don't see 25s for less than 130 :(

Link

64 to 66

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭marko93

docentore wrote: »
    Link

64 to 66