Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sennheiser Momentum On Ear Headphones €129

Options
  • 09-07-2014 2:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭

Picked these up in HMV Dundrum yesterday. Seems to be a great price seeing that they are still £164 on Amazon. Lots of choice with regards to colours too.

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,384 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

Wow! that's really a great price for an excellent set of headphones (although they're not so great if your ears are in any way large-ish)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,199 ✭✭✭muppetkiller

Same price in Galway. I'd avoid these to be honest...great sound but alot of leakage.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UbAL4p5XArI

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

Was there much stock up there?

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭Kevcol

Tinie wrote: »
    Was there much stock up there?

Yep there seemed to be a lot of stock alright. Pretty sure that Extra Visions have them too if you were living near one of them. They come under the same company now I think.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭Vinz Mesrine

I think these are dropping to €99 soon.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Digitalism

Why do you think that?

They are consistently about €160 on amazon UK and amazon germany.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭cruhoortwunk

That'd be good. What colour are they anyone know?
    Cancel that, I see it's a range of colours. Will have a look in town

• Registered Users Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭TimeToShine

Serious value at that price.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭Vinz Mesrine

Digitalism wrote: »
    Why do you think that?

They are consistently about €160 on amazon UK and amazon germany.

Almost sure I saw it on an email in work, not 100% though.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,199 ✭✭✭muppetkiller

That'd be good. What colour are they anyone know?
    Cancel that, I see it's a range of colours. Will have a look in town

I was in the Galway Store this morning and from what I could see they had every colour ..Black , Light Green , White ,Red etc..

• Advertisement

Any idea what "soon" is? A couple of weeks, months etc.?

Do you work in xtravison/HMV?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,113 ✭✭✭shruikan2553

Does HMV have a pair you can try out? My current pair I'm looking to replace are over ear so not sure if on ear would be comfortable.

Does HMV have a pair you can try out? My current pair I'm looking to replace are over ear so not sure if on ear would be comfortable.

What are they?

These are circumaural/over ear (as in, go over your whole ear). Unless you have a different meaning. Supra-aural/on-ear would mean they have smaller pads and go right on top of your ears.

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭Kevcol

What are they?

These are circumaural/over ear (as in, go over your whole ear). Unless you have a different meaning. Supra-aural/on-ear would mean they have smaller pads and go right on top of your ears.

No these are not ones that go around your whole ear, they sit on your ears. I've been wearing them a few days now and I find them very comfortable. HMV had them to try out in Dundrum anyway so I'd imagine it'd be the same story elsewhere.

For what its worth, I got a pair, and they're super comfortable. The synthetic suede on the earcups, alcantara, is very comfortable and light weight. Your ears also dont sweat as bad as when they have those fake leather pads on earcups like most other headphones have. These are the most comfortable on ear headphones ive ever used.

Sound is excellent, as is build quality. They also look good.

Comes with a nice case and pouch and a replacement cable also. Well worth the €130.

Kevcol wrote: »
    No these are not ones that go around your whole ear, they sit on your ears. I've been wearing them a few days now and I find them very comfortable. HMV had them to try out in Dundrum anyway so I'd imagine it'd be the same story elsewhere.

Yeah you're right. I forgot they made 2 kinds of momentums. It's a great price for the over-ear ones, for the on-ears it's okay but you could do better in terms of quality with the Sennheiser HD-25 II or Amperior which are also on-ear and better all round headphones. You'll pay for it though

Having said that, if you can pick these up for 99 that's a steal.

Yeah you're right. I forgot they made 2 kinds of momentums. It's a great price for the over-ear ones, for the on-ears it's okay but you could do better in terms of quality with the Sennheiser HD-25 II or Amperior which are also on-ear and better all round headphones. You'll pay for it though

Having said that, if you can pick these up for 99 that's a steal.

I have both the momentums and HD-25s.

You cant compare them. One is a DJ headphone and made of plastic, and not that comfortable for long periods, the other is a fashion headphone made of steel, that is very comfortable.

Sound is similar on both, but of course the HD 25 has better noise leakage prevention, but id actually go with the Momentum having the better sound, as they are probably more optimised for being powered by a mobile device (they are developed with iPhones in mind), where as the HD 25 is produced to be powered by a mixer or amplifier.

Also, I paid €200~ for my HD 25s and that was a good deal.

€130 is still a super deal, I doubt they will go on sale for €99, and if so stock will be low or it will be the manky colours left i.e. brown, green etc., as ive been told by staff today that they are selling well currently.

I have both the momentums and HD-25s.

You cant compare them. One is a DJ headphone and made of plastic, and not that comfortable for long periods, the other is a fashion headphone made of steel, that is very comfortable.

Sound is similar on both, but of course the HD 25 has better noise leakage prevention, but id actually go with the Momentum having the better sound, as they are probably more optimised for being powered by a mobile device (they are developed with iPhones in mind), where as the HD 25 is produced to be powered by a mixer or amplifier.

Also, I paid €200~ for my HD 25s and that was a good deal.

€130 is still a super deal, I doubt they will go on sale for €99, and if so stock will be low or it will be the manky colours left i.e. brown, green etc., as ive been told by staff today that they are selling well currently.

HD 25s have an input impedance of 70 ohms, momentums are 18, so if you want to power it via mobile phone then you are correct. If you have a laptop with a good sound card and/or an amplifier then the former is what you want.

I can't comment on their comfort but even then I am inclined to agree with you, for someone who wants a good solid headphone then this is v. good value. If they do go for 99 I might pick up a few early Christmas presents!

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭Leprechaun77

I got a black pair of these today, but from what i can see HMV only have them in red or ivory ( and the odd black one). I tried the larger hmv stores in Dublin today and all had the same stock.....also, none of the electrical stores would do a pricematch with HMV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,113 ✭✭✭shruikan2553

For what its worth, I got a pair, and they're super comfortable. The synthetic suede on the earcups, alcantara, is very comfortable and light weight. Your ears also dont sweat as bad as when they have those fake leather pads on earcups like most other headphones have. These are the most comfortable on ear headphones ive ever used.

Sound is excellent, as is build quality. They also look good.

Comes with a nice case and pouch and a replacement cable also. Well worth the €130.

The reason Im looking for new headphones is because of the cable so thats good news. Is there a date for when the sale ends?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,017 ✭✭✭✭adox

These seem to be €99 now on amazon.de:

http://www.amazon.de/b/ref=lp_5482124031_gbrc_img_r-1_8207_51c929ec?rh=i%3Aelectronics%2Cn%3A5482124031%2Cn%3A5482124031&ie=UTF8&node=5482124031&smid=A3JWKAKR8XB7XF

Edit: maybe not the same ones you guys are talking about as they appear to be on ear and not over ear?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

So the on-ear momentum 1 is reduced to £59.99 in pink (I know) at the moment on amazon. Used BIGTHANKS to get them for £51 (Irish VAT) If I cant do the colour the missus can have 'em!

Advertisement