Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Great Earphones at Great Prices

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,691 ✭✭✭Raoul

So far the customer support has been pretty good. Except for I had to prompt them to pay for the returns which they said they would up to a value of 20 dollars as the item arrived with a defect. Sent it off via registered post today.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,382 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭ZeitgeistGlee

celticsfan wrote: »
    One last one to pitch at you the Rha ma450i.. L shaped jack,inline remote and loads of tips (7 sets) included :D and can be got on amazon uk as they are a Scottish based company..free super saver delivery too

Tempted by these, I seem to have very little luck with longevity from my previous VSonics or Pistons, and a 3 week wait for delivery is a pain. Have you actually owned a pair of these celticsfan?

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭celticsfan

Tempted by these, I seem to have very little luck with longevity from my previous VSonics or Pistons, and a 3 week wait for delivery is a pain. Have you actually owned a pair of these celticsfan?

Nope I haven't bud but if you are on a bit of a budget they have to be on your shortlist I think.. I know they have great customer service too as they have reps on head-fi if anyone has any issues... I only have one iem at the min,but am due to get in another fairly soon:D

Is is a bit of a risk with the vsonics generally,they sound good but the QC is a bit iffy,but again they seem to be ok with returns etc..i think most issues with the new vsonic seem to be with the cable,not sufficient strain relief around the jack..so you could either add some heat shrink around it and use a heat gun to shrink it or buy an aftermarket cable which may be of better build,have a better jack etc...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭docentore

If anyone is travelling through Dublin Airport, Dixons have AKG Y50 (the ones in funkier colours, I've picked mine in yellow) for €35.
    Great sounding portable headphones for really good price.

• Advertisement

Raoul wrote: »
    So far the customer support has been pretty good. Except for I had to prompt them to pay for the returns which they said they would up to a value of 20 dollars as the item arrived with a defect. Sent it off via registered post today.

So just further to this. Such a pain in the ass. Took about 7 days for anpost to deliver the return. During that time anpost put on their tracking that there was an attempted delivery (emailed me that they left info on how to collect at the Hong Kong local post office) but they put on the website "return to sender". I emailed them to see if they got the notification to which they replied with the tracking site info that it was being returned to me. A couple of emails and phone calls to anpost and they told me the tracking info was wrong. Told mp4nation this to which they replied they had nothing. I told them to contact the local post office. They did get it the next day.

Next thing they tell me the VSD3S isn't available until March will I take the VSD3. I said yes but I also told them that I wanted it shipped via FedEx as I originally paid for that, they said they wouldn't. I emailed them to say I would be happy to take VSD3 but not happy about paying the FedEx in the first place for such a waste of time. Tracking info today...the VSD3S' are being shipped via FedEx today.

So....my experience was pretty flipping annoying. Had to pressure them into refunding me for the return postage (ridiculous that I should pay for returning something that arrived broken). Then had to pressure them into sending via FedEx. I don't know what to think really. At least they stayed in contact every day and weren't totally fobbing me off or anything. Anyway...let's hope the earphones are good.

Sorry for the longwindedness.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭Morrison J

Anyone able to recommend a cheap place to buy Soundmagic E10's?

If you get the e10s make sure you are careful with the cable. Mine broke at the jack after 3 weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭ZeitgeistGlee

Bought the RHA MA350s, will give a review when I get them.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,199 ✭✭✭muppetkiller

Just bought a pair of Havi B3 Pro I's from lendmeurears.com will give an update on them when I get them.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,219 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Been a while since I last posted here.

Currently have a pair of Klipsch Image X1 that I've been used for a few years. Noticed they were acting up a bit and thought it was just one ear that had gone, but I believe it's the cable. When it is in my pocket, or depending on how it's twisted, affects the the sound - sometimes both ears kick in, mostly just one. If I'm on the bus and my elbow is resting on my jacket pocket, for example.

What should I be on the look out for now, some of the ones mentioned above?

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭James_M

Sennheiser Momentum over ears (brown) 1.0 in Dixons at Dublin airport for €189 in at the moment. The black ones are at the higher (still decent) price of €229 (or maybe it was €219) but the price on the brown ones is WAY cheaper than I've seen anywhere else. Perhaps a pricing error or maybe clearing stock because the 2.0 models are out now.

I've picked up a pair and while I'm really pleased with the cans, the case is unnecessarily big which is a bit annoying! Apparently fixed in the 2.0s with folding cans

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

My shure SE215's are starting to cut out, so as a stop gap I've ordered a cheapy pair of these: Xiaomi Piston 3 earphones.

I'm sure a lot of you guys have bought similar, and they get great reviews. They surely wont be as good as my Shure, but it'll be interesting to see what happens.

I need to replace the cable on my SE215's, but removing the earphones seems impossible. I've spent more time than I'd care to admit trying to pull them off with no movement at all!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,833 ✭✭✭shootermacg

My shure SE215's are starting to cut out, so as a stop gap I've ordered a cheapy pair of these: Xiaomi Piston 3 earphones.

I'm sure a lot of you guys have bought similar, and they get great reviews. They surely wont be as good as my Shure, but it'll be interesting to see what happens.

I need to replace the cable on my SE215's, but removing the earphones seems impossible. I've spent more time than I'd care to admit trying to pull them off with no movement at all!

I have a set of shure, i rarely use them, the sound is unrefined and a little raw.

Look around and see if you can find a cheap pair of these and you wont be sorry.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Denon-AH-C400-In-Ear-Headphones-Microphone/dp/B008N5HU7A

• Registered Users Posts: 4,833 ✭✭✭shootermacg

Oh and BTw you need to twist the shures a little and squeeze to remove the cable.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Oh and BTw you need to twist the shures a little and squeeze to remove the cable.

I've tried all combinations of twisting and pulling, and watched all the videos online that I could find and yet mine are stuck fast. Really annoying!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭Morrison J

Anyone ever used these before? Getting pretty good reviews and very cheap.

Granvela Mrice E300 http://www.amazon.co.uk/GranVela-E300-Performance-Headphones-Smartphones-Black/dp/B00S5P7S16

• Registered Users Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭NATLOR

Ive got a couple of pairs of the piston 2's, I'm no audiophile but i think they are fantastic for the price,would be interested to hear your thoughts on the new version when you get them

• Registered Users Posts: 6,310 ✭✭✭xtal191

Wheres the best place to buy the Piston 3s?

Cheapest place at the moment is allbuy,havent used them myself but they have been favourably mentioned a few times on boards

LINK

I got my pistons from ibuygou and can vouch they are the genuine article but they are more expensive

LINK

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,822 ✭✭✭Morf

NATLOR wrote: »
    I got my pistons from ibuygou and can vouch they are the genuine article but they are more expensive

LINK

Got my pistons 2 from here and was very happy.

Have ordered piston 2s and 3s from them. In transit.

NATLOR wrote: »
    Ive got a couple of pairs of the piston 2's, I'm no audiophile but i think they are fantastic for the price,would be interested to hear your thoughts on the new version when you get them

Just FYI, I believe gearbest.com are currently the cheapest at the moment at $14.99 (just ordered another pair...)

As for my short review.

First of all, I'm no audiophile, I'm a musician and appreciate good quality sounds, but I'm not too hardcore either!

First off, these earphones are very comfortable, for me they are one of the most comfortable sets I've ever had. They sit in the ears really well, and don't seem to annoy after prolonged use. They will fall out when running or other similar activities, but perhaps that's just my ears!

The quality of the materials is good, the cable seems strong and hopefully I'll get a good life out of them. They definitely have a more premium feel than you'd expect at $15! However I should say, that perhaps you shouldn't buy them expecting them to feel like a $150 pair of earphones, which some reviewers seem to suggest.

As for sound, I was worried they would be too bass heavy which is a complaint I've had of a lot of earphones that try to be a step above the old style cheap apple earphones, but that's not the case, with strong but not over poweing bass. The audio quality is quite impressive for the price, well rounded and punchy mids. I do find that the highs can get a little distorted, but perhaps this will dissipate with time; and it really is nothing majorly noticeable.

Overall, I'm impressed! Great packaging, good sound for the price and robust feeling. I say you just can't go wrong. Currently listening through the Gladiator soundtrack with them!

:cool:

Just FYI, I believe gearbest.com are currently the cheapest at the moment at $14.99 (just ordered another pair...)

As for my short review.

First of all, I'm no audiophile, I'm a musician and appreciate good quality sounds, but I'm not too hardcore either!

First off, these earphones are very comfortable, for me they are one of the most comfortable sets I've ever had. They sit in the ears really well, and don't seem to annoy after prolonged use. They will fall out when running or other similar activities, but perhaps that's just my ears!

The quality of the materials is good, the cable seems strong and hopefully I'll get a good life out of them. They definitely have a more premium feel than you'd expect at $15! However I should say, that perhaps you shouldn't buy them expecting them to feel like a $150 pair of earphones, which some reviewers seem to suggest.

As for sound, I was worried they would be too bass heavy which is a complaint I've had of a lot of earphones that try to be a step above the old style cheap apple earphones, but that's not the case, with strong but not over poweing bass. The audio quality is quite impressive for the price, well rounded and punchy mids. I do find that the highs can get a little distorted, but perhaps this will dissipate with time; and it really is nothing majorly noticeable.

Overall, I'm impressed! Great packaging, good sound for the price and robust feeling. I say you just can't go wrong. Currently listening through the Gladiator soundtrack with them!

:cool:

Thanks,thats a great review and judging by your comments and what i read elsewhere these seem to be a step up from the previous version which is quite an achievement considering the price point.

Have a pair ordered to add to the growing collection :)

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭Ekels

Just ordered a pair of Soundmagic E10s on the back of some excellent reviews. I mainly wear buds when exercising and do appreciate good sound so these seemed to fit the bill. Anyone with any experience good or otherwise?

Waiting for them to arrive from Amazon and, in the meantime, I've noted the widespread love for Xiaomi Pistons and the very reasonable price. Gonna order a pair now just to ease my curiosity.

On my third pair of VSD3s going on to my fourth. Great earphones but the cable is just awful. Broke yet again. I actually really really took care of it this time. This time I only had the earphones for a month since the last pair that I returned. I bought off mp4nation, they are dealing with it ok and offered me store credit if I wanted to buy a new pair. But one thing is the last time they didn't cover the costs of shipping as it was more than 30 days since they broke. Bit ****ty really.

Hoping they will cover the costs this time.

Not sure what other earphones to go for from their site. Prob will have about 80 dollars to spend. Any suggestions are welcome.

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭kingbob387

Why not buy from lendmeurears, they are cheaper and with free and quick shipping

kingbob387 wrote: »
    Why not buy from lendmeurears, they are cheaper and with free and quick shipping

I don't think they were at the time. But now I will have store credit that I will need to spend.

Convinced them to refund me the cost of the earphones. They won't pay for shipping. So the earphones will have cost me 20 euro for a few months of action. Now...what pair to get(50/60 euro budget)?? I actually loved the vsonics ha.

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭kingbob387

Raoul wrote: »
    Convinced them to refund me the cost of the earphones. They won't pay for shipping. So the earphones will have cost me 20 euro for a few months of action. Now...what pair to get(50/60 euro budget)?? I actually loved the vsonics ha.

I would stretch my budget a little and get the GR07 classic from lendmeurears they're great

• Advertisement

kingbob387 wrote: »
    I would stretch my budget a little and get the GR07 classic from lendmeurears they're great

You mean almost double my budget? Haha. I loved the Vsonics but having to return three pairs cos of dodgy cables totally put me off getting more of them. Might go for the havi b3 pro Is.

Edit - They are 83 euro actually but still a big bump up in budget. Just saw that the cable looks much better on these though and it is an L plug. Why are you tempting me!!

Advertisement