Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

something fun?

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 4,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nukem

Think this is just exam blow off - tripe and mad ramblings of students on the brink.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

w00t!

go nuke :v:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭Fast_Mover

[email]lol@exiot..poor[/email] guy..(or girl):D

Well...no story from the guys. Or at least not one they wanna tell me *shrug*
    May wait till they sober up :v:

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭IceHawk

Actually, I had a funny story from last year. One time me and about 7 or 8 other lads were heading home from something or other in town, and we had to drop one of the guys in Dromroe. Anyway, heading from Dromroe back out of the college we passed the front of the Schumann, and one of the lads said he would go for a swim in the fountain if everyone there gave him one euro. It was the middle of February, at about 3:30 in the morning, and there were only seven other people there.
    Naturally we couldn't turn away from the opportunity of paying a guy to get pnemonia, so we agreed. He strips down to his jocks and jumps into the fountain. Everyone laughs and takes photos on their phones, then some bright spark decides he can do it too, strips naked and hops in. 30 seconds later, five of the seven of us were frolicking in the fountain, some fully dressed, some naked, some in between, but none of them getting paid for it. I was relatively sober, so I abstained, and got a hail of abuse for it. Then everyone got out of the fountain and realised the inherent flaw in their plan e.g.- they were now wet and naked, in the middle of college, it was 3:40 in the morning, and they had to get back to Groody village. Eventually I got them to agree that they should put on some pants, wet or not, for the walk home.
    Cue a week of some very sick people with only vague recollections of the night

• Advertisement

Iirc, vuk had a solid story involving College Court, a bathtub and the fountains outside the Schuman...

Tell it for the chidren Al! :v:

Bah, vuk didn't kiss and tell. Next time I guess.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,432 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peteee

Spam++ in here!

And yes, I do happen to like it on my high horse. *neigh*

It's !spam lad, it's a blowoff steam thread for stressed out exam students! :)

Thanks for this thread nuke.

kaimera wrote:
    It's !spam lad, it's a blowoff steam thread for stressed out exam students! :)
    im a stressed out exam student..yey i qualify to be in here:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭rmacm

Arrrggghhhh....right having just caught up on the nights ramblings from a variety of people. No 440 *snape* will not be supplying Peteee with any form of illicit substances (that mountain of cocaine in my room is for me) :v:

Any to the rest of everthing from last night the best reply I can come up with is uggghhhh. Lol Pete I'm sure the iron bar will sort you out if you ever go into hulk mode.

Cheers
    Rory

• Registered Users Posts: 6,424 ✭✭✭440Hz

Cmon now guys. Thats rmacr and Peteee referring to locked threads in here.. . whats said in the thread, should stay in the thread... if its locked then, woops too late!

Please keep this thread for what it was meant for 'something fun' and leave all additional comment for PMs... (now I sound like kai, God forbid)

440Hz wrote:
    keep this thread for what it was meant for 'something fun' and leave all additional comment for PMs...

Lickass:rolleyes: :D;)...(i do believ u like that comment..its all yours now:v: )

Fast_Mover wrote:
    Lickass:rolleyes: :D;)...(i do believ u like that comment..its all yours now:v: )

Tut tut... noone ever listens to me! :rolleyes:

So anyone had anything fun happen to them recently then? I had forgotten about this thread until it came up in a search for something else. :)

*bump*

Now... chat about secret socities here if you must.. but the way that thread was going I reckon you can just post your random chat here too!! hehe

No harm resurrecting this for the summer anyway ;)

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,432 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peteee

Ah, that was a blast from the past. I had myself a heart chuckle reaidn over it from my younger days as a student.

I do, of course, find it very suspicious that the secret societies thread was locked. Cnesorship and all that. Somesort of conspiracy I'd imagine.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

...run by the Hedge Cutters no less!

lmao!!! shush you too! or you will feel the pain of a freemason's anvil at the back of your neck... virtually of course, cos id hardly threaten ACTUAL bodily harm :D

• Registered Users Posts: 35 scitilop

So what about those Secret Societies anyway?? :)

• Advertisement

Blast from the past.

I'm bored. :/ I didn't feel like creating a new thread while this one was wilting away..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭Mossin

I'd rather not read through the previous 200 posts though, so I wont, no matter how bored I am at work.

Let others tell me what is interesting, or about something fun!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭The Don

kaimera wrote: »
    I'm bored. :/

I guess everything seems boring after being chased by armed freedom fighters :rolleyes:

The Don wrote: »
    I guess everything seems boring after being chased by armed freedom fighters :rolleyes:

Bah I think he made all of that up just to get some attention.
    Who'd chase that pale skinned ****er out of their country? Oh wait.....:p

• Registered Users Posts: 14,429 ✭✭✭✭cson

I'll tell ya something thats not fun; drinking a "pint" in the stables. Every, every pint I've had in there has been utter muck but the ****e we got last nite just bates the band. I wouldn't be surprised if they had just tapped the sewerage tank instead of a keg thats how bad it was.

Sports Bar pints ftw :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

cson wrote: »
    I'll tell ya something thats not fun; drinking a "pint" in the stables. Every, every pint I've had in there has been utter muck but the ****e we got last nite just bates the band. I wouldn't be surprised if they had just tapped the sewerage tank instead of a keg thats how bad it was.

In my 7th year around UL campus now, never surprises my how bad a pint can be in there. You hear the bad stories every year; watering down pints, pouring pints of slop. Just horrible.

I miss the scholars... Not that I drank pints in there either, but everything about it was better. Including Southern Fried Chicken and garlic chips for lunch... Oh the memories... Ahem, yes...

Moral of my post: agreement with cson about horribleness of Stables Pints!!

You must not be a regular in the Stables like me, or else dont know what a good pint is like. Or perhaps you are drinking that god awful Budweiser concoction..

Each weekend I have been back from Co-op in the Stables, and the pints have been superb to say the least. And may I add the weekend is quieter than during the week, so the flow should be less, therefore resulting in a slightly worse pint. The Guinness, Carlsberg, Fosters and Heineken have all been up to scratch!!

And as for the Sports Bar, you must be joking if you think the pints there are good, the staff working there even say they dont sell enough up there, and are only surviving on the food!!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,429 ✭✭✭✭cson

Had a pint of Heinken last night while I was watching the match. Just one, I couldn't handle any more of that slop. It was put in front of me and I literally turned my back to watch the match for a minute and the head was gone on it.

Another time, I had my one and only pint of Guinness in there, the barman pulled it straight (I wouldn't mind but it wasn't even fooking busy) and again it was another case of the vanishing head. Gone after 2 minutes again.

Having said that I rarely if ever have more than one drink in there due to my past experiences. I've never had a half decent pint in there. A pint of Fosters at the blizzards was the closest I ever came to getting a decent pint in there.

Bottles kids, bottles.

• Advertisement

Had a pint of Heinken last night while I was watching the match. Just one, I couldn't handle any more of that slop. It was put in front of me and I literally turned my back to watch the match for a minute and the head was gone on it.

Another time, I had my one and only pint of Guinness in there, the barman pulled it straight (I wouldn't mind but it wasn't even fooking busy) and again it was another case of the vanishing head. Gone after 2 minutes again.

Having said that I rarely if ever have more than one drink in there due to my past experiences. I've never had a half decent pint in there. A pint of Fosters at the blizzards was the closest I ever came to getting a decent pint in there.

Dont knock the pints just because you only have a rare one in there and it is sometimes bad.

As for the head disappearing, I have seen that happening but it often doesnt take away from the taste just the appearance. If you know the staff in there they treat you well and take a little extra care with your pints. Seeing someone come in and have one pint and cocking their nose isnt the best way of doing that tbh. Maybe try having a few and getting drunk in there!!
    kaimera wrote: »
    Bottles kids, bottles.

This is an option, but can burn a hole in the pocket quite quickly.

Advertisement