Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Smallville

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,953 ✭✭✭✭Stark

Martha Kent: "A heart can only beat so many times in a lifetime Clark. Jonathan used his too much over the years". - Wow, don't anyone look to Martha Kent for sports science advice.

Clark: "Look Lana, watch me shoot fire from my eyes. Ever see this trick before? Go on, think back.".

Clark: "Not only can I crush coal to diamond with my bare hands, I can also exquisitely cut and shape it with my bare hands into something an expert jeweller would be proud of. I have the powers of supergay, Lana".

As an aside, DC are thinking of introducing Chloe Sullivan to the comic books :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,787 ✭✭✭tvnutz

TonyD79 wrote:
    Tvnuts contribution to this thread:

So you love to watch shows which are average and the acting bad?

I asked you why do you watch this show as average and bad acting aint on view here:confused:

Nice of you to quote me on what I have said,yet it still is a stupid question you posed. I have never said I "love" this show as you just claimed,I have never said I hated this show,I have seasons 1 and 2 on dvd. I have said that compared to other shows,smallville is average at best,and the 100th episode was far from amazing.

I agree with SofaKing,it can be entertaining,thats it. Kind of like some action movies. Sometimes you like to watch a braindead action movie just for some mild entertainment. Sure there are lots of better written and acted movies that are intelligent and witty,but as I said,the odd time you just want to watch a good old action movie.

Smallville is like that...shows I watch,like The Wire,Lost,Carnivale,Third Watch,Veronica Mars,Family guy,Everybody Hates Chris,ER,Without a Trace,Cold Case,(enough examples for you?) are far better. But hey,thats my opinion,I wasn't aware I was supposed to stop watching a show altogether just because I don't think its as good as the majority of the shows I watch.

IMO,Seasons 1 and 2 where good,3 and 4 were terrible,and 5 has been pretty entertaining so far,I just thought the 100th episode could have been a lot better.

That ok with you? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭Superdub2

tvnutz wrote:
    Average at best episode tbh,as 100th episodes go,this was far from great.

while i dont agree with a lot of your opinions, i agree 100% with this. I was actually disgusted with the episode. after the trailer they let out this was a copout, the trailer was almost a lie!

and to TonyD79: While i love smallville and have seen every episode more than once and its my favourite show of all time i can still agree with many of TV nutz's observations even if i dont acknowledge it! So he has got some valid points

Anybody can watch a show they dont love and dont even like that much, and judging by his username and his posts he seems to a big tv fan who watches almost every show which would qualify him, in my opinion, to be the typical type of character to watch a show he didnt really like, and thats not an insult.
    It's quite a good show - not quite a classic, there are many better than it - but I'm just curious as to how they're going to end it. I mean, Clark Kent can't be in high school indefinitely. Think it would be neat if they spun off to do a proper Superman series when this one is finished.

He is not in high school now,so maybe you dont pay that much attentiion to the show at all, and maybe youre opinion isnt that well informed then! he is in college

As for the Superman thing, I remember hearing "Metropolis" rumours before, but apparently Tom Welling only wants to play Clark Kent, not Superman.

Btw, reckoning
    Tom Welling confirmed in an interview that Clark actually flew rather than superjumped at the start of the episode.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭TonyD79

Posted by Superdub2
    Anybody can watch a show they dont love and dont even like that much, and judging by his username and his posts he seems to a big tv fan who watches almost every show which would qualify him, in my opinion, to be the typical type of character to watch a show he didnt really like, and thats not an insult

sounds nuts?:o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,714 ✭✭✭✭Earthhorse

Was that Aquaman in Monday's episode?

Had to laugh at the JLA gag! And I finally saw why they hired the Lois Lane actress too.

Yeah, that was Aquaman. Pity they picked such a rubbish actor for the episode. "Yo Bro, uh uh uh" etc. All I think of was how he made Tom Welling look Emmy-nominee worthy by comparison.

They're planning an Aquaman spin-off of Smallville. Different actor but it still sounds pretty dull. They're going to have the Bermuda triangle creating mutant kids, so it'll be Smallville's "freak of the week" all over again.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

Earthhorse wrote:
    And I finally saw why they hired the Lois Lane actress too.
    Agreed

:D

Stark wrote:
    Yeah, that was Aquaman. Pity they picked such a rubbish actor for the episode. "Yo Bro, uh uh uh" etc. All I think of was how he made Tom Welling look Emmy-nominee worthy by comparison.

They were his lines, wat was he ment to say?
    now im not saying he is a good or bad actor bcuz ive seen one episode of him acting but you cant knock a guy just cuz you think his character was lame!

People are way too quick to judge......
    TonyD79 wrote:
    Posted by Superdub2

sounds nuts?:o

not that much, people watch things they dont like that much all the time in my experience, maybe he just has too much time on his hands or spends too much time watchin tv

Superdub2 wrote:
    Anybody can watch a show they dont love and dont even like that much, and judging by his username and his posts he seems to a big tv fan who watches almost every show which would qualify him, in my opinion, to be the typical type of character to watch a show he didnt really like, and thats not an insult.

Yes,I watch a lot of tv,as the name suggest. And yes I do sometimes watch shows that I think are average at best. I don't watch shows I dislike,I don't see the point. As for smallville,I used to really enjoy it,I have seasons 1 and 2 on dvd,but the last few years havn't been great and compared to other shows I like,I don't think its as good.

• Advertisement

I thought Season 3 was very good myself, but by then the "Freak of the week" thing had well and truly run its course meaning some episodes were intolerable. It did have some standout episodes though.

i agree they cud do with some more imagination, but they need the FOTW's to enable clark to use his powers as often as he does

I think the FOW storylines are hard done by these days. People seem to look back and think they were annoying because they over did them. Yes,they were over done,but when it started off,a lot of the FOW episodes in seasons 1 and 2 were quite good.

That's what I thought too and I agree with Superdub2 that they acted well as the catalyst for Clark's development. I still think they ran their course come Season 3 though. I think that was the main reason for the perceived quality difference between Season 2 and Season 3 imo. I thought the non-FOW eps in the 3rd season were pretty excellent.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭OFDM

Stark wrote:
    Not only can I crush coal to diamond with my bare hands, I can also exquisitely cut and shape it with my bare hands into something an expert jeweller would be proud of. I have the powers of supergay, Lana".
    That was ripped directly from Superman 2. As was the
    losing his powers earlier in the season
    Stark wrote:
    Btw, reckoning
    Tom Welling confirmed in an interview that Clark actually flew rather than superjumped at the start of the episode.
    Then why isn't he
    able to fly in the next episode??

OFDM wrote:
    Then why isn't he
    able to fly in the next episode??

I'll ask Tom again when we're making pillow talk tonight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 BigMama5000

so class i flick between it and the o.c on monday

My second favourite episode of the season, it was quality, and tom showed some good acting! also, i wonder what the deal with Professor Fine is???

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

Superdub2 wrote:
    My second favourite episode of the season, it was quality, and tom showed some good acting! also, i wonder what the deal with Professor Fine is???
    I really wish they hadn't revealed his identity before the series began and let you gradually work it out.

He is actually a key character in Superman mythos... it will be interesting to see what direction they take the character in for Smallville. I personally love the way he's depicted in the Superman and Justice League cartoons.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,082 ✭✭✭lostexpectation

where did spike-guy get that accent from?

I just remember its the same accent he use to use when trying to pretend not to be a vampire but buffys cousin from out of town in front of the Reilly.

Wheres that accent supposed to be from and where is Spike from in RL?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭J.R.HARTLEY

OFDM wrote:
    That was ripped directly from Superman 2.[/spoiler]
    dude the terrible coal to diamond gag is from superman III, and is for Lana portrayed by actress Annette O'Toole currently playing ma kent in smallville,

i have to say i loved the episode where tom wopat appeared as pa kents old buddy and the drove around in the charger. man after last years crapfest it was great for WB to give the good old boys an airing in the general (almost) again, just shy of a yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeehawwwwwwwwwwwwwwww and waylon, wading in with, "now most folks around smallville don't know about clark here's special powers...."

where did spike-guy get that accent from?

I just remember its the same accent he use to use when trying to pretend not to be a vampire but buffys cousin from out of town in front of the Reilly.

Wheres that accent supposed to be from and where is Spike from in RL?

that is his accent. he was putting on the british one in Buffy and Angel.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,082 ✭✭✭lostexpectation

tvnutz wrote:
    that is his accent. he was putting on the british one in Buffy and Angel.

well obvoiusly :) but is it really that thick? I don't think I've even seen him being interviewed.

ye i think thats pretty much it :p

• Registered Users Posts: 819 ✭✭✭sixpack's little hat

Does anyone know what season network 2 will be showing tonight? Seem like ages since it was on last on rte.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭norbert64

Does anyone know what season network 2 will be showing tonight? Seem like ages since it was on last on rte.
    tis season 4 :(

Thought last night's episode was the best I've seen in a long time. I think the show should focus more on horror type episodes. They seem to do them very well.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

Earthhorse wrote:
    Thought last night's episode was the best I've seen in a long time. I think the show should focus more on horror type episodes. They seem to do them very well.
    I didn't think it was all that great. Although Alison Mack did a very good job of playing another character, she really seemed very different.

Lana was being a bit of a bitch though... Has she forgotten how no one believed her when she saw an alien space ship and how she was routinely posessed by the spirit of a witch....? oh.. but when Chloe sees a ghost and gets posessed she must be crazy and needs to be locked up.

And is the US politcal system that messed up that the wife of a senator can take over his job when he dies? That just seems flawed on so many levels.

Yeah, I didn't get that either, I assumed she'd have to run again if she wanted the position, I don't really know.

There were plot holes in the episode alright, I don't think the back story of the girl was fully revealed - instead we just got the gist of it - but for straight out entertainment, no bull****, freak of the week, back to basics goodness this episode was refreshing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭Dapos

Zod is Coming!!!

Advertisement