Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

What car you drive? Your age? Etc.....

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭kevodaly

05 MkV Golf 1.6 FSI 115bhp
    Insurer: Hibernian €400 Full Comp
    Full NCD, Full License 7 years, Age 29

Paddy - strange that your quote is slightly higher for the 1.6. Mine went down about €50 when changing from my mkiv golf gti 150bhp.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,078 ✭✭✭tabatha

Car: 2004 astra sport
    Insurer: hibernian
    Type: Fully comp.
    Licence: Full 7 years.
    Claims: None.
    Cost: 452 euros:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,323 ✭✭✭Savman

junkyard wrote:
    Car: 2001 BMW M5.
    Insurer:St. Pauls.
    Licence: Full 18 years.
    Cost: 4680 euros.:(

All I can say is...:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 333 ✭✭Funxy

1999-2002 ~ 99 Ford Puma, 18yrs old, provisional, €1600

2002-2004 ~ 02 Audi TT, 21yrs old 3 years ncb, full licence, €1800

2004-2005 ~ 04 Mercedes Sl350, 23yrs old, 5 years ncb, full licence, €2300

2005 on ~ 05 Lotus Elise 111r, 24yrs old, 6 years ncb, Full licence, no points, €1500

Keep in mind im a female also which makes prices nice and low considering :D Ive also switched insurers a few times depending on which offers the best price. All is fully comp insurance too.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,886 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

jesus funxy im in the wrong business, do you mind me asking what you do for a living?

was the lotus a downgrade (cost wise) from the merc? id prefer the lotus myself all the same!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭shakenbake

^ Seconded ! Also, funxy, do you have a boyfriend? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Me likes funxy already! :D

Mike,

• Registered Users Posts: 65,064 ✭✭✭✭unkel

Funxy wrote:
    2004-2005 ~ 04 Mercedes Sl350, 23yrs old, 5 years ncb, full licence

Hehe, go Funxy! You're doing well for yourself :D

What next? 2006-2007 ~ 06 Lamborghini Murcielago, 25yrs old, 7 years ncb, full licence

• Registered Users Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭neacy69

Car: Fiat Bravo 1.2 16v sx
    Insurer: Hibernian
    No Claims Bonus: 2 years
    Licence: Full for 6 years
    Claims:None
    Cost: €950 fully comp (dropping to 800 next month for renewal :D )

• Registered Users Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭neacy69

Funxy wrote:
    2005 on ~ 05 Lotus Elise 111r, 24yrs old, 6 years ncb, Full licence, no points, €1500
    ext_111rfstorm.jpg

WOW :eek: :eek: :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 333 ✭✭Funxy

Thanks all, im extremely lucky, and embarrassed now :o

Cyrus ~ im trained as a computer game designer (geek) but mostly property. The lotus was a downgrade cost wise definitely but strangely enough i preferre the lotus to the merc, sure you had all the comforts of heated seats, tv and whatever but the rawness and fun of the lotus brings a smile to my face in the way the merc never did. Dont get me wrong i always said i didnt like mercs but i do love the sl, but not as much as my baby lotus :p

Unkel ~ Haha actually that is my perfect car, maybe 2052- on ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 16 TheFat

Car: 00 Honda Civic 1.6VTi
    Insurer: Britton (TPF&T)
    No Claims Bonus: 7 years
    Licence: Full for 5 years
    Claims:None
    Cost: €480

Also have
    96 Nissan Skyline 2.5 Turbo
    Insurer: Britton (TPF&T)
    Cost: €2200

• Registered Users Posts: 4,142 ✭✭✭TempestSabre

junkyard wrote:
    Yes ciarsd it is a disgrace but the M5 is one of the most expensive cars to insure according to any broker I've asked for a quote. Full no claims bonus on my own policy. Yes it is a total ripoff but then most things are here anyway even with all the goings-on that it isn't. I can insure the Porsche in Spain fully comp. for 740 euros, admittedly I have a car insured there for a few years already.

The M5 is the perfect robbery car. I know of one a few years back and it was robbed about 4 times in the space of a year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Rudolph Claus

The M5 is the perfect robbery car. I know of one a few years back and it was robbed about 4 times in the space of a year.
    Sure what good would it be in a robbery, it`d stand out too much. And how would you sell it even as a stolen yoke.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,753 ✭✭✭qz

Well if they can't rob it, they'll definatley scratch it.

Wanted to kill the cúnts. :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭junkyard

I have a tracker device fitted to it and I also have a clear shot at it from my bedroom window and I'm a very good shot funnily enough, plenty of practice.;)
    They might get into my house but its the getting out part they should worry about.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭CelticChick

2 cars: 01 Honda DC5 ITR 2.0 VTEC and a 04 Citroen Xsara 1.4 HDI. Both in my own name. I have a full license and between the 2 my insurance with AXA is €1000 a year fully comp. I've 8 years NCB and I'm 25, Female.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,142 ✭✭✭TempestSabre

Nuttzy wrote:
    Sure what good would it be in a robbery, it`d stand out too much. And how would you sell it even as a stolen yoke.

Who knows ram raiding and robbing banks most likely. Or just because they can. Besides they can strip pretty much anything for parts. We had a 50ft site trailer stolen once. Wasn't even worth scrappage, and they'd need a truck to move it. But they still nicked it. Anyway sorry for dragging this off topic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 944 ✭✭✭Big Balls

05 Golf GTI
    23 years old
    Hibernian for insurance - €2300 this year :rolleyes:
    4 years NCB (5 in Feb) / Full licence 4 and a bit years
    4 points

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 CorporalCarrot

Junkyard

I cannot believe your insurance quote, it has to be possible to get it cheaper unless you have some weird occupation that puts you in high risk.

When I was thinking of getting the M3 back in June/July, I was nearly put off by the insurance quotes I was getting which were in that €4k range. Not that I couldnt afford it, but given my low mileage per year it was just sticking in my throat to pay them such extorionate rates.

In fairness, I had no ncb because I was just opting out of a company car scheme and while they give you a certain amount of credit for being a named driver its not the same.

However, I saw an ad in the golden pages that Friends First (or First Ireland) were running; they specifically mentioned performance cars and I got quoted €1700.

Thats for an 03 E46 M3 valued @ €70k at the time and I am 33 yrs old working in banking.

St Pauls are total tossers based on my past experience of trying to get quotes from them.

C

• Advertisement

Thanks for the info CorporalCarrot but I am high risk according to my insurance broker and I even have a motortrade policy separate to my motor policy. They can shove it in the new year anyway I trading it in. I keeping my real car in Spain from February.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,982 ✭✭✭opus

96 BMW 328i
    Insurer: Quinn direct ~€490 TPF&T
    Full NCD, Full License 14 years, age 38.

Would love an M3 but when I read the cost of insuring an M5 earlier, think I'll forget about it :( Maybe a 330i (or 330d) in a few years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 Scobie

Sh1t! Am I being overcharged?

00 Mondeo MK2 1.8
    Full No claims Bonus
    Axa Insurance
    Age 42
    No points
    530 euro

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭sentenel

Hi
    2001 Dodge Ram 1500 pickup
    5.9LT V8 petrol
    My own Comerical policy
    700 euro Eagle Star full no claims,
    Full licence 15yrs
    39 yrs old,
    2 points :mad:
    cheers
    joe

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭micosavo

'94 E200 W124 Merc, 27 yrs old, been driving it for 3 years now

In the market for an upgrade to a W210

• Registered Users Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭Seanie M

Car: 1999 Citroen Xsara 1.4i Coupé
    Driving for: 5 years (full license)
    NCB: 5 years
    My Age: 27
    Insurance: Fully Comprehensive (Allianz via quoteline.ie - renewal last week from Hibernian (3 years); their lowest renewal for me was €720) for €632.

Seanie.

• Registered Users Posts: 65,064 ✭✭✭✭unkel

opus wrote:
    96 BMW 328i
    Insurer: Quinn direct ~€490 TPF&T
    Full NCD, Full License 14 years, age 38.

That's a good quote
    opus wrote:
    Would love an M3 but when I read the cost of insuring an M5 earlier, think I'll forget about it :(

Ring your insurance company. It might not be as bad as you think. Junkyards premium is way off

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

junkyard wrote:
    Car: 2001 BMW M5.
    Insurer:St. Pauls.
    Licence: Full 18 years.
    Cost: 4680 euros.:(

Sorry to bump this quote again Junkyard but have you been in touch with www.123.ie or is the engine too big (over 3.0ltrs)?

Mike.

Thanks for your interest Mike but the car is a 5 litre V8 and according to my broker, who I know well, its a good quote.

And here it is folks, the object of my insurance companies desires;

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭LundiMardi

to be honest, if you're driving an M5 i doubt that quote makes a huge dent in your earnings, by the way i HATE you!!!! heh heh

Here's me...

22 - male - provisional licence (waiting on test)

Drive - 97 Punto 60SX 5 door - 1242cc
    TPFT - 1800 + interest (down from 4000 for 1st year insurance)
    1yr NCB
    Insurer - Quinn Direct

I tried to get another quote with the same details except as a full licence with 2yr NCB and the quote only decreased by 200:(

Advertisement