Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Upskirts

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭dundalk cailin

girls do ask for that *unwanted* attention if they have chest/ass/legs (delete as appropraite) on full view.. i would never dream of wearin a mini skirt round the town.. just asking for trouble!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 719 ✭✭✭Vangelis

girls do ask for that *unwanted* attention if they have chest/ass/legs (delete as appropraite) on full view.. i would never dream of wearin a mini skirt round the town.. just asking for trouble!!

Well, I don't see why these girls have a *seemingly* desperate need to show off their skin either. They do risk ugly things happening, but they don't implore men to harrass them.

yea i know, but it wouldnt have happened if the girl was wearing a tracksuit obv...there's limits i agree

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

That's utter bs. No item of clothing gives a license to molest!

yea i know, but it wouldnt have happened if the girl was wearing a tracksuit obv...there's limits i agree

Yes. But harrassment comes to anyone. I had an ugly experience once and I didn't ask for it at all. I wore trousers and a t-shirt. This guy danced upon me in a bar and forced his groin up to my face - he wasn't naked! And he wouldn't let me get away. It was very disgusting and no matter how much I pushed at him, he wouldn't go. He did other things that is too sickening to mention. I laughed when I was out again with my classmates, but found out later that it had all been really terrifying. I cried and was angry with this pervert. It helped little that my class-mates talked about it the day after and laughed.

I can fell my stomach churn at the thought of it now, and it's been more than a year ago since it happened.

I'm sure this girl feels no better herself.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭MooseJam

simu wrote:
    That's utter bs. No item of clothing gives a license to molest!

"trouble" can mean anything, no one said anything about molesting anybody

yea im not saying a girl asks to be molested..i wear short skirts out most of the time, but i think thats differnet than wearin them round the town..im sorry, i jus tthink there's a certain assocaition with wearing miniskirts/low cut tops, to certain people in society..think it gives them the right to ogle them

jeez vangelis that is terrible, haunting probably

MooseJam wrote:
    "trouble" can mean anything, no one said anything about molesting anybody

I believe she is talking about sexual molestation. Sexual molestation even something as "simple" as upskirts-photographying, could be very downgrading and shameful to a girl.

dundalk cailin, I just know that I can relate to this girl's potential feeling of shame. About 1/3 of all women will experience some degree of sexual harrassment throughout their lives. It's sad because most of them don't ask for it.

u referring to me or simu there in the first post?

well ive had unwanted attention from guys, think most girls have, nothin like sexual harrassement thank god, but still made me uncomfortable enough that my male friends had to rescue me

• Advertisement

I was talking to MooseJam. :)

Well, consider yourself to be lucky! :)

thought so,

but yeah, i do count myself lucky..tho i generaly go out 2-3 times a week, i might not always be lucky, thats the sad fact of it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,372 ✭✭✭The Bollox

Vangelis wrote:
    dundalk cailin, I just know that I can relate to this girl's potential feeling of shame. About 1/3 of all women will experience some degree of sexual harrassment throughout their lives. It's sad because most of them don't ask for it.
    how do you ask to be sexually harrassed? I mean is it not like if you ask a guy to rape you it's not officially rape because you want it to happen

Marts wrote:
    how do you ask to be sexually harrassed? I mean is it not like if you ask a guy to rape you it's not officially rape because you want it to happen

I meant that most women do nothing to provoke or motivate the perpetrator to harrass them. :) Not literally ask for it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭The General

whiskeyman wrote:
    Saw that programme - was on the BBC on location in Meadowhall SC in Sheffield.
    With camera phones becoming as advanced as entry level digi cameras, of course the legal issues are coming into play.
    That'd what many gyms / health clubs are banning them.

Very trollish type post tbh...

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,055 ✭✭✭muckwarrior

Pigman II wrote:

2) Make sure it's not a bloke (still 50/50 wrt to that pic tbh)
    I think thats what he was trying to do :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 closetrasta

If a girl is wearing a short skirt and you can see straight up it obviously she has no intention of hiding her panties... **** it, you lot sound like OAPS! I know for a fact that some girls like the thrill of people (of both sex's) seein them in all there glory, upskirt or any type of voyeur, i was with a girl for 2 years, when we had sex granted she enjoyed it (i think), then we was on hols in Egypt and she wanted to have sex on the balcony during the day, knowing people would see, she came and came and came! Its a fetish, get over it... every body has em, no matter how light or dark them fetishes might be!

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

..., she came and came and came! Its a fetish,...

That's one hell of a first post!

Hahaha, yeah i know!!! Thanks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

If a girl is wearing a short skirt and you can see straight up it obviously she has no intention of hiding her panties... **** it, you lot sound like OAPS! I know for a fact that some girls like the thrill of people (of both sex's) seein them in all there glory, upskirt or any type of voyeur, i was with a girl for 2 years, when we had sex granted she enjoyed it (i think), then we was on hols in Egypt and she wanted to have sex on the balcony during the day, knowing people would see, she came and came and came! Its a fetish, get over it... every body has em, no matter how light or dark them fetishes might be!
    Pics of girlfriend or ban tbh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

Wonder what they were google searching.

If i had digital ones you would be more than welcome!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

If i had digital ones you would be more than welcome!

Scanner ftw!!!!

Did this thread just get revived by you searching for 'upskirt' on boards closetrasta?

That's extremely sad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,494 ✭✭✭ronbyrne2005

I don't agree with chasing a girl around tesco but what about when girl in short short skirt is walking up stairs and everyone can see up the skirt ? Harrrasing someone with a camera is not on but if you dont want someone to see up your skirt,don't wear a short short one. Not much to see anyway (you'd see more on a beach) but when out in public exposing oneself is inviting people to look and some to want to take a photo for voyeuristic/gratification reasons

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭Trojan911

MooseJam wrote: »
    whats the deal in Ireland, is there such a crime or are we free to take upskirts ?

Public Order offence (causing harrassement, alarm or distress)
    or behaviour likely to cause a breach of the peace.

3 years in AH and not once did anyone post upskirt photos.

I'm so disappointed

/zips up pants.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

3 years in AH and not once did anyone post upskirt photos.

I'm so disappointed

/zips up pants.

You're beggin' for an up-kilt shot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭MooseJam

a blast from the past, dissapointment here also at the lack of pics after all this time, think I'll go check out google images

Karoma wrote: »
    You're beggin' for an up-kilt shot.

... maybe ...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,821 ✭✭✭useful_contacts

What next, if a girl wears a short skirt she should expect to be raped? :rolleyes:

Thats what a lot of people assume, if she dressed like that shes looking for attention and "wants" to be raped

Next they will be warning us not to wear flip flops in case there someone with a feet fetish nearby :rolleyes:

Advertisement