Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Upskirts

Options
  • 10-11-2005 3:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭

Seen a show on tv last night where some guy got nicked for taking an upskirt with his mobile of some chick who was walking round a supermarket in a little mini skirt, she copped him taking the snap on the sly and raised the alarm, coppers mounted a big search for the guy, scoped out the surveilance cameras etc for this dangerous criminal, anyway he turns himself in to clear up the missunderstanding and he goes down for three month (suspended) for "outraging public decency" or somesuch thing, this was in the UK, whats the deal in Ireland, is there such a crime or are we free to take upskirts ?, not that I would mind, i'd take a look if the opportunity arose going up escalators or the girl across from me on the luas was a bit careless in how she placed her legs but i wouldn't be arsed takin a piccy on my phone i mean why bother they allways end up crappy and blurry, maybe in a couple of phone generations time taking upskirt piccies will be worthwhile but not now .Anyway I think it being illegal is a bit daft, and prosecuting someone over it is a terrible waste of resources that could be better spent elsewhere

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭holly_johnson

Illegal or not over here, if it was my skirt and you took an "upskirt" it wouldn't be the law you'd be running from, it'd be me.

I think that is disgusting!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

Taking pics like that is for pervs.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

Saw that programme - was on the BBC on location in Meadowhall SC in Sheffield.
    With camera phones becoming as advanced as entry level digi cameras, of course the legal issues are coming into play.
    That'd what many gyms / health clubs are banning them.

Very trollish type post tbh...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,635 ✭✭✭tribulus

tis a bit pervish allright but what's she doing wearing a tiny miniskirt in a supermarket :rolleyes: again it doesn't make it right but she should have expected something or someone to happen though admittedly not someone sticking a camera between her legs:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭holly_johnson

tribulus wrote:
    tis a bit pervish allright but what's she doing wearing a tiny miniskirt in a supermarket :rolleyes: again it doesn't make it right but she should have expected something or someone to happen though admittedly not someone sticking a camera between her legs:eek:

Unbelievable... she should have expected it to happen?????

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

tribulus wrote:

So if a girl wears a short skirt you believe she waves her privacy to be exploited in a perverce manner?

What next, if a girl wears a short skirt she should expect to be raped? :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

Presumably you're not operating out of Dublin then Moosejam cos the only person I saw yesterday wearing a skirt was some hairy-faced bloke in a leatherjacket and a kilt waiting in the rain for the bus.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,635 ✭✭✭tribulus

no as i said not something like that, but there will always be pervs and people making dirty comments and wearing a minskirt would certainly increase the chances of that happening - it's a supermarket not a night club - though of course she didn't deserve *anything* like that to happen i'm just saying there'll always be assholes around and if someone wants to dress like that they should be prepared for the likes of that guy.

What next, if a girl wears a short skirt she should expect to be raped? :rolleyes:

Nah it's less fun if shes expecting it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 491 ✭✭*Lees*

Yea I wouldn't fancy someone taking pictures up my skirt either!!!....
    .... But why in the name of god would someone wear a skirt so short as you could see up it is beyond me!!!.... ehhh Fashion Police??

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

LMAO @ OP you big perv you! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,372 ✭✭✭The Bollox

there are kiddie's disco's on every fortnight where I live (Skerries) and the **** the girls wear there is unbelievable, they wear belts for skirts and the plunge line in their tops go down to their navel. these are 15/16/17 year olds, what kind of parent lets their daughter go out wearing that at that age?

I have heard stories about what goes on in there too, guys getting hand jobs in the corners and stuff, it's sick!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭Bluetonic

Marts wrote:
    ....they wear belts for skirts and the plunge line in their tops go down to their navel. these are 15/16/17 year olds, what kind of parent lets their daughter go out wearing that at that age?

Mate the 16/17 year olds are in the pubs and clubs, these are 12/13/14/15 year olds that go to those discos.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Was it actually an upskirt shot that he tried to get though? Or did he just see some girl up the supermarket wearing a rediculiously short skirt and took a picture from a distance in more of a "you won't belive how they are dressing down at Tescos these days lads!".

• Registered Users Posts: 3,579 ✭✭✭BopNiblets

*is dissapointed by this thread* :(
    Otto: Awww man that is blatant false advertising...

:p
    In the words of Dave Chapelle:
    "Ok, so you're not a whore, my mistake.... but you are wearing a whore's uniform."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭MooseJam

robinph wrote:
    Was it actually an upskirt shot that he tried to get though? Or did he just see some girl up the supermarket wearing a rediculiously short skirt and took a picture from a distance in more of a "you won't belive how they are dressing down at Tescos these days lads!".

he needed to tie his shoe laces ;)

http://www.hedonistica.com/image.php?path=/archives/hidden_camera.jpg

Two things we can learn from this picture.

1) Make sure no one is taking pictures of you taking pictures

2) Make sure it's not a bloke (still 50/50 wrt to that pic tbh)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭BoozyBabe

Marts wrote:
    what kind of parent lets their daughter go out wearing that at that age?

In most cases these kids go out in sensible clothes with the tarty clothes on underneath.
    when they get into the taxi they strip off the sensible clothes & leave them in a bag in the taxi.
    On the way home, they put them back on again.
    Or atleast that's what happens where I'm from, so you can't really blame the parents.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 221 ✭✭NikNik

Upskirts ? Don't see what yis get out of it. Wouldn't turn on a kettle ! Plus it's really, really sad - you must be a complete loser to do somethin like that. We should be able to wear what we want, at least we have that freedom and don't have to walk around covered from head-to-toe like some countries....yet !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,372 ✭✭✭The Bollox

BoozyBabe wrote:
    In most cases these kids go out in sensible clothes with the tarty clothes on underneath.
    when they get into the taxi they strip off the sensible clothes & leave them in a bag in the taxi.
    Or atleast that's what happens where I'm from, so you can't really blame the parents.
    sounds like you have some good experience with this :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,482 ✭✭✭RE*AC*TOR

I don't see the problem here. I'm assuming the guy didn't touch her. Therefore her knickers or lack thereof were exposed to the world (or at least the world from the point of view of under her crotch). The guy only took a photograph of what surely many small animals and even some children would have seen anyway. Its public domain. If she didn't want to have them seen she should have worn something less revealing.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭irlrobins

BoozyBabe wrote:

They're doing well to get the same taxi home and still have their clothes in it... :p

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

i know that kinda thing is huge in Japan and i remember seein a spoof pic of girls wearing skirts that had a see through design (just a design it wasn't actually see through) but as i am currently surrounded by families in an internet cafe i'm not gonna google it

• Registered Users Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

danniemcq wrote:
    i know that kinda thing is huge in Japan and i remember seein a spoof pic of girls wearing skirts that had a see through design (just a design it wasn't actually see through) but as i am currently surrounded by families in an internet cafe i'm not gonna google it
    oh sure, you get all moralistic when there's a "family" around you :p

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

hey come on i'm tryin to get a good nights sleep for a change...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,441 ✭✭✭The_Goose

Ok this is my opinion.
    If a guy was to walk around with his slong almost out the would be murder.
    Seriously, a guy in a mini mini skirt walks past and from an angle you get the one eye, police please!!!
    A girl where s half a top and skirt and then expect guys not to look?????
    But i do admit take a pic is a bit to far,but if your not gonna where "clothes" dont go out side!!

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

MooseJam wrote:
    "outraging public decency" or somesuch thing,
    They'll have to go down the beach and round up all the women wearing bikinis so. 10 years hard labour for exposing themselves, I was f ucking outraged your honour, have they no decency.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,385 ✭✭✭pred racer

NikNik wrote:
    Upskirts ? Don't see what yis get out of it. Wouldn't turn on a kettle ! Plus it's really, really sad - you must be a complete loser to do somethin like that. We should be able to wear what we want, at least we have that freedom and don't have to walk around covered from head-to-toe like some countries....yet !

im with you its a bit silly.
    Pigman II wrote:
    Nah it's less fun if shes expecting it.

:D:D:D

anyway as a bloke you should never do anything to dicourage women from wearing as little as possibe at all times!;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,743 ✭✭✭funk-you

i do agree that yer man was most likely being a perv BUT i suppose its like when a girl goes out with her breasts pushed up to her chin and an exteremely low cut top on and asks "what are you staring at" or "i'm up here". i'm staring at your tits love because they're on full show and practically being shoved in my face. still i wouldn't go taking pictures though.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 719 ✭✭✭Vangelis

If I'd been in that girls shoes, I'd say: "Watch out, my dad's got a gun!"
    And he has too!

Advertisement