Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone for tenuous ?

Options
124»

Comments

I was talking to Donald Fasion who plays Turk in Scrubs yesterday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,263 ✭✭✭Caesar_Bojangle

karlh wrote:
    I got stoned and watched the Sopranos with Matt Stone in his gaff this May

really? that is seriously cool. full story, please.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭bp_me

There was a picture of me in the local newspaper shaking hands with Bertie.

The shame!the shame!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

I was talking to Donald Fasion who plays Turk in Scrubs yesterday.
    winner tbh.

wish i'd tried that "CALL-TURK" deelio :(

• Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭kegan5

I've loads... my friend in college's brother used to DJ with Dane Bowers from another level who also went to my college with another member...as well as half of hollyoaks as far as I know now!

erm let's see I met Beyonce and Kelly (destiny Child) when I was livin in Uk around camden garden..they were very lovely girls!

Met all saint at some rubbish gig thing in 97 Melanie and Natalie were the rudest people ive ever come accross...Nicole was very friendly!

Another friend from same college above did his work experience in bbc and had a wad of passes so we went in when all saints were filming national lottery...we were in canteen and robbie williams came in and asked me if I had chewing gum (I'm big robbie fan...so I had to add this 1 in)...oh and...he held the door open for me and called me darling...so I was waiting there for the proposal....never came though :p

erm oh god there's loads you just see loads when ur in London, let me see...oh here's one mum went shopping for a sofa and bla bla bla came home and I was watchin top of the pops and mum says ooh who's that I was shopping with her today...turned out she had been discussing furniture with natalie umbriglie.

I worked on Smash Hits awards in 97 and Janet Jackson was there with about 50 people making a circle around her everywhere she went...kinda sad seeing as no one was bothering her in there...it was only the stadium staff and crew.

And I used to see the lads from westlife and atomic kitten around a lot...very nice people, havent seen any of them in about 3 years so its probably all gone to their heads by now! Ah well!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭kegan5

oh wait I missed the best one of all remember live and kicking? I met mitch the voice over man!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,859 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

I used to be the All Saints

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭beardedchicken

i was on school around the corner when I was a kid, so I met gerry ryan. lots of orange make up.
    my mum was a year ahead of twink in school. see above
    carly hennessy (attempted pop singer) was in my school. see a pattern emerging here?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭stagolee

pork99 wrote:
    Colourful drunken actor John Hurt accosted me in Grafton St. one New Year's Eve. "May I trouble you for a shilling or two towards the purchase of a bottle of port my good sir?" he slurred, dribbling Benylin down his chin.

ahh , nice one pork , i needed a laugh :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,575 ✭✭✭elivsvonchiaing

Have seen my ex in credits in films (Irish). Hope she makes it to Hollywood someday!

Walked passed David Bowie + other half. No idea. Was told by a mate of mine that's who those folks were (Knew he was around - just wasn't looking).

Theory is I've done this with 1000's of celebrities - just can't prove it :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,967 ✭✭✭Pyr0

When I was In 6th class in primary,I had my picture taken with the women who presented Den2 at some point or something like that.

I had no idea who she was at the time tbh.She said I was cute :o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭stagolee

Pyr0 wrote:
    When I was In 6th class in primary,I had my picture taken with the women who presented Den2 at some point or something like that.

I had no idea who she was at the time tbh.She said I was cute :o

i think yer in there mate ;)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,844 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

My sister was in the same school as the daughter of the chauffer of one of the previous presidents.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Bollywood star

I am the oldest daughter of a well know Bollywood actor who was able to cross over to bit parts on British and American Movies and T.V. My aunt is known for starring in two well know Brit-coms. My cousin has had an entertainment show for 28 years.
    I'm Anglo-Indian.
    I have known Gabriel for 29 years. I met Gabriel in Dublin in an Indian restaurant when I was 16 years old. I was eating dinner with my aunt and uncle. Gabriel was sitting with some friends of his, he kept looking at me. When my aunt and uncle went out to discuss something privately, Gabriel came over and spoke to me in Punjabi, a language he knows well. I was wearing a Punjabi suit. I did not realize that he was Irish for some time. Many Punjabi's have blue eyes. My uncle had blue eyes. I have green eyes.
    Gabriel spoke to me in a respectful manner. He knew that Indian girls are reserved. My father for instance, no matter how modern thinking he is, never let me go out on a date. I did not however have to consider an arranged marriage.
    As Gabriel was talking to me, my aunt and uncle came back and my aunt pulled the chair out from under Gabriel, and started cursing at him in Hindi and Punjabi. She yelled at him that I was jailbait. I did give him my phone number though. He called the next day. I invited him to dinner. My parents came in from London.
    Gabriel came to dinner a few days later and met my parents, my two brothers and baby sister. My sister made a coment about Gabriel looking like my dad. He does look like my dad!

Dinner went well, then my dad had to read Gabriel the riot act, i.e. in my house, the "if you touch my daughter I will castrate you" speech. Complete with the long curved knife used in The Punjab to ritually slaughter sheep and goats.
    Surprisingly Gabriel did not give up on our "friendship".

Later maybe I will tell you about how I found out Gabriel is a "big" man, when I was 18.
    SS

Let old threads be. You dug up a three year old thread about meeting famous people when there's a recent one on the same topic on the main page of AH.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

What the fúck?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement