Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone for tenuous ?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭Nemici

i once met dennis hopper on a photoshoot while assisting, a nice chap although he seemed to have his hands perpetually glued to his chin ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

i was once almost knocked down by Paul McGrath in the Superquinn car park in Waterford, he missed me by a foot :eek:

does that count

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭Dave

I should be on you're a star in the next few weeks with my band. We got interviewed by Ray D'arcy 3 times.

When my dad worked in a bar in England one of his regular customers was Tom Baker.

When my dad was in America a year or two ago he was in a lift in some upmarket bar where he met Patrick Bergin, Patrick Bergin then took my dad and his friend into the VIP lounge and they had a drink.

I went out with Elaine Cassidy when I was 15

Bono bought my girlfriend a drink on her 21st when we were celebrating in the octagon

I saw Woody Harrelson (sp?) lamp a guy and knock two teeth out of his head

I floored Paul McGrath while I was locked. (I bumped into him)

I spent a day hanging out with Michael Stipe, drinking coke when I was 13

I met George Hook and shook his hand, a true gent.

I went to football training with Stephen Staunton and Packie Bonner

I met Naomi Campbell, Kate Moss, Loads of other famous ppl at a party where I was serving drink.

I met Sinead O'Connor, Billy Connolly, Robert DeNiro, Sharon, Andrea and the other Corrs while I was working in HMV

I met Lou Reed in 92 at the U2 gig in Cork.

And I have Tom Waits' Autograph.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 255 ✭✭full forward

When play gaelic football in Kerry at the age of 15 I was told be I was an up and coming star defender. One day a tall boy from Cahersiveen scored 2-8 against me. I was gutted. He was Maurice Fitzgerald.

I was running late for a Van Morrison concert in Belfast one evening. Security directed me twoards the front where my seat was. There was 4 empty seats so I sat on the one at the end. A minute later a guy tapped me on the shoulder and told me politly that I was in his seat. I got up to move and in came Bono, Edge, Larry and Adam. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

ooh, some more.

nearly ran over rory mcgrath (big hair, from they think it's all over) in cambridge one day. he was very inebriated too.

chaz & dave passed me outside a pub, and my mate said "ello chaz & dvae, give us a song". to which they replied "not today lads, we've just been to a funeral".

• Registered Users Posts: 5,295 ✭✭✭ionapaul

Bruce Campbell has replied to my emails. Hes a nice guy.

Coolest thing written so far. Bruce rules.

The only person remotely famous I emailed sent me a lengthy reply - the fantasy / science fiction writer Tad Williams. I didn't even really write about his books, I was more interested in the weather! (he lives in Santa Cruz, California and I was heading there for a J1 job during the year of El Nino)

I passed by a very short but pretty girl on the street where I worked in San Francisco two years ago - ten seconds later realised it was Winona Ryder. Midget. It was after her arrest for shoplifting, the street I worked on (Union St.) had lots of expensive clothes shops, reckon she was up dodging the heat she was getting in LA.

Friend worked in movie industry in LA, mets loads and loads of stars. A good friend from college interned at MTV for a summer, met tons too, she said Shania Twain is easily the best looking person she's even seen in real life, lots of other 'stunners' weren't very impressive in person. Said Kid Rock was very polite and Marilyn Manson was a tosser. That friend went on to work for Playboy TV for a few years.

Ex-girlfriend's best friend was Lucy Lu's personal assistant and my ex got invited (with Lucy and the friend) to a movie benefit dinner. Seats were done in advance and everyone was split up. Ended up sitting at a table with an obnoxious, loud movie nerd going on, and on, and on about Iron Monkey. Had no clue who it was (despite him introducing himself!), found out after she had been chatting to (and trying to ignore) Quentin Tarantino the entire night. Funny.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,842 ✭✭✭steveland?

Err... i went to the same school as Brian McFadden (jaysis....)

I've served Bertie and Colm Meanie in the pub

• Registered Users Posts: 4,728 ✭✭✭Naos

have to get my no cents in here..

Steve Collins's ma lives around corner from me.
    Have walked by Samanta Mumba (twice), Kerry Mcfadden, some tosser from six(mate pointed him out..)
    Jamie Oliver filmed something for some morning show(lil 5 min slot) in house next door to me..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭pork99

I once saw Jonathan Miller walking down Burgh Quay

Once saw Cyril Cusack cycling around College Green

(nobody here will have a clue :rolleyes: - look up Cyril Cusack in imdb.com )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Roy Keane puked on my friends shoe years ago in a pub in town, and got stuck on him for wearing a Liverpool jersey.

A friend of mine works in newstalk 106, who works with Eamann Dunphy, and had worked with him on the Last Word as well.

As we all know, Eamonn Dunphy knows John Giles, who knows Geroge Hamilton, who knows Jack Charlton, who knows the Pope, who knows God.

So in a round about fashion, Ive met God.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

I was at a party with the Baker twins recently.

I think they were pop stars in the 60s or something.

I didn't talk to them.

me = perenially unfamous and glad of it

• Registered Users Posts: 24,171 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

Roisin Tummon who presents on Cula4 and Pop4 on TG4 is a friend of mine.

I was in a musical in college with Sarah from Six.

The sisters in Bellefire are friends of one of my mates and were in school with my sister.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,733 ✭✭✭Blub2k4

I sat beside Pete Postlewaith at a weeding recantly.

Was the garden belonging to someone famous too? I do love sitting around talking about the weeds that were.

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭enda_4

Met Eric Cantona after he played his last game for Man U in Manchester Airport, met Beckham there too, got autographs nd all

Met Packie Bonner at a friends funeral and apparently he was in my house when i was three

Cousin reckons she was chatted up by matthew broderick and steve martin one nite, but she was havin none of it

Met Gay Byrne on some ****ty little island of donegal, one of my da's proudest moments

Sarah Jessica Parker has a holiday home down the road from us, should she d shape of her in Super Valu wi d wellies, dungree's and ole farmers hat on, she drinks in the hotel i work in too

Tink dats it

oh yeah, met will smith walking down the street in NY dis summer

• Registered Users Posts: 2,890 ✭✭✭embee

I was on Blackboard Jungle twice.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭Dr. Loon

enda_4 wrote:
    Meet Eric Cantona after he played his last game for Man U in Manchester Airport, met Beckham there too, got autographs nd all

Meet Packie Bonner at a friends funeral and apparently he was in my house when i was three

Cousin reckons she was chatted up by matthew broderick and steve martin one nite, but she was havin none of it

Met Gay Byrne on some ****ty little island of donegal, one of my da's proudest moments

Sarah Jessica Parker has a holiday home down the road from us, should she d shape of her in Super Valu wi d wellies, dungree's and ole farmers hat on, she drinks in the hotel i work in too

Tink dats it

oh yeah, meet will smith walking down the street in NY dis summer

Are you instructing me to meet these people!? Alright, I'll do my best.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

They keep coming back to me. I met Tyrone and Maria from Cornation St in Heathrow a few years ago. Have my picture taken with them too.

Unfortunatley it was before Maria (Samia Gahdi) got really hot. I still managed to pat her ass though!

Dr. Loon wrote:

no dats not wat he's saying, cant u read?

• Advertisement

Heard a commotion outside about 1 in the morning. I looked out into the yard and there was that Meryl Streep rooting through our dustbins. I ran her out of it.

Ingmar Bergman installed a shower for my uncle. He started out as a plumber, a fact which not many people are aware of.

Colourful drunken actor John Hurt accosted me in Grafton St. one New Year's Eve. "May I trouble you for a shilling or two towards the purchase of a bottle of port my good sir?" he slurred, dribbling Benylin down his chin.

Blub2k4 wrote:
    no dats not wat he's saying, cant u read?

You better be joking.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,890 ✭✭✭embee

Derek Mooney (the mong who presents Winning Streak) walked past me on the Milennium Bridge yesterday, wearing surprisingly trendy clothes and saying loudly into his phone "I'm heading to Argos for a new toaster".

Dr. Loon wrote:
    You better be joking.

wot do u tink?

Blub2k4 wrote:
    wot do u tink?

me no understand.

sorry was taking the piss out of that poxy texting language.

Derek Davis broke our toilet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 418 ✭✭Zaphod B

gimmick wrote:
    Another friend bumped into Kerry Katona.

Can I have your friend's autograph? Alteratively just tell me where he drinks.

Personally I've only walked past various minor soap "actors". Have so far not had the "pleasure" of meeting the likes of Kerry, i.e. people who are famous just for being famous. If I ever meet anyone off a reality TV show you can expect to see my face under the headline "Madman kills celeb with bare hands; claims divine inspiration". I will of course then sell my story :P

Seriously though, does anyone want to help me set up the Society for the Promotion of Knocking Minor Celebrities on their Ass?

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭enda_4

Dr. Loon wrote:

lol nah sorry, meant met :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

and old school mate's grandparents were in a hotel 'somehwere' in asia. might well have been bangkok, but can't be sure. anyway, they were in the lift and this couple gets in giving out stink to each other 'right up in their faces, like'. they had no idea who they were, but one of the bell boys told them it was bobby brown and whitney houston.

NEXT!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement