Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Burnout 3: Takedown

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭Swifty

Very cool game, crash physics are superb and takedowns are veeerry satisfying. The first time you perform a takedown is a thing of beauty! It looks fantastic (even on the ps2) and theres a nice sense of speed with the blurry screen.

But is anyone else finding the single player a little boring after a while of playing? You go through these events unlocking loads of cars that most of which you will never use, and the locations of traffic on the roads is a little frustrating at times. I preferred the older methods of having to fill your boost bar before using it too, I suppose it built up your anticipation of a big boost, whereas here you just seem to always have boost available. The least said about the annoying soundtrack and the god awful radio DJ featured in the game the better.

That being said its a good, fun racer in short bursts but I find it boring if played for any long length of time (I've only experienced it single player).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 833 ✭✭✭Stormfox1020

Picked up Burnout 3 in Game for 47.99 on the Xbox. It was originally 52.99, but when I opened up my wallet I found a €5 Euro voucher off (sweet). Its an superb game, well worth the money and a GOTY contender. One more non irrelvant thing, is that the DJ in Burnout 3 sounds the exact same as the DJ for the School radio in the States.(wierd)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

where is it 52.99?

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

It's just €49.99 in Smyths, with their 'loyalty card' thingy, hundreds of which are just lying about all over the store. Got it on the Xbox and it's ace.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,718 ✭✭✭Matt Simis

Swifty wrote:
    The least said about the annoying soundtrack and the god awful radio DJ featured in the game the better.

A subjective statement.. the only tune I found annoying was the background menu tune (ie not part of the soundtrack).

Matt

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 54,043 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

burnout 3 is one of the great games

at the weekend i rented it out for 2 days and 7 days later im still playing

boy theres theres going to be some bill in xtra vision
    lol

oh ya is somebody selling burnout 3

im interested in buying the xbox version of burnout 3

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,793 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

bought the game today having never played a burnout game before but man this game is special, almost everything is perfect except the awfull soundtrack, luckily ive got my own selections on my Hard drive which cures that problem. I played it for 5 hours non stop on my first go and had to stop due to eye strain. I cant believe the speed of this, its as fast as wipeout 2097 or Fzero in places, has fantastic sound and the graphics are superb but the best thing of all is the godlike gameplay. A racing game is not everyones cup of tea but this isnt as restrained/linear/boring/realistic/stict as most racing games, I think it will appeal to almost any genre of gamer. Ive yet to try the xbox live end of the game as I currently have the xbox in my living room on our widescreen tv but the broadband is in the bedroom. I reckon that Burnout 3 is up there with Halo2 for game of the year for the xbox at least.

the graphics are brilliant in burnout 3

• Registered Users Posts: 999 ✭✭✭cregser

I have burnout2 for ps2 but never really played it properly. Didn't it give you a replay at the end of each race? I loved watching the replays. But where are they gone in Burnout3 (for xbox now)??? You only get a replay for the crash mode. Am I missing something? I hope I am.

Great game besides that. It has me hooked much more than Burnout2. I got an Xbox + Burnout3 + Controller + Coupons in GAME for €175 in anticipation of Halo2 and PES4 on Live! which I have heard good things about.

• Registered Users Posts: 999 ✭✭✭cregser

Just did a bit of research. There are no race replays which is a bit thick really.

If EA bring out a Burnout 4 with replays + other gimmics I will officially HATE them. Burnout 3 would be perfect with replays. Grrr

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,662 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hyzepher

Got Burnout 3 in Xtra-games today for €35 - preowned - perfect condition & bargain.

Rushing home after to work to try it out.

Hyzepher

• Registered Users Posts: 17,056 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

great game but EA have ****ed up big in a few places...namely the soundtrack... Do they think everyone who plays burnout listens to cock-rock ?!?! the music is really really really bad... and that DJ !!!!

apart from that its absolutely brilliant.

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭BluE-WinG

Tusky wrote:
    great game but EA have ****ed up big in a few places...namely the soundtrack... Do they think everyone who plays burnout listens to cock-rock ?!?! the music is really really really bad... and that DJ !!!!

apart from that its absolutely brilliant.

I heard there was a custom soundtrack option? Using the songs you have on your own xbox....

man i rented it again in xtra vision today

i love this game

oh i think the sound track is good not great but good

• Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

Since I have low funds I decided to give Burnout 3 a quick rent. So I went down to my local Xtravision and asked if there were any copies available. The guy told me that their one copy of the game was due back six days ago. He also said that it was possibly stolen.

Must be good.

dam right its good i dont blame the fella for stealing it

• Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

yep, definately buy it. anyone got their ps2 on the online interwebby thing?

you can apparently play it multiplayer online which would add a certain something to the thing.

come to think of it, has anyone at all got their ps2 online yet? what are your thoughts so far?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

Yeah, if you're playing single player you can play your own songs (Xbox has the option of ripping your CDs to the HD).

MP I think you can only play the game's music. luckily you can turn off the DJ through the options (*shudder* this is STRIKER!)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

I'm well pissed that this isn't coming out on the Cube.

Have a bit of faith.

Jeez, I'm just trying to get people's hopes up here.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,510 ✭✭✭sprinkles

Looks really good, can't wait to get paid and then I'm straight down to GAME to get myself a copy.

Rumour has it one of the European tracks is based on Dublin. Any truth in that?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

Since I have low funds I decided to give Burnout 3 a quick rent. So I went down to my local Xtravision and asked if there were any copies available. The guy told me that their one copy of the game was due back six days ago. He also said that it was possibly stolen.

Must be good.

ahahahahahahaha

i still havent played this....bah

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭karlh

anyone else find it really annoying that you have to 'unlock' the multiplayer game?

such a pain in the arse. amazing game, so much fun, just a bit silly that you are forced to discover it EA's way.......and watch that longwinded intro everytime you start a new game....

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,664 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

What annoys me is that when your in non championship mode i.e. at the main login, you can use all cars and trucks for crash mode, yet you can't select the trucks for race mode.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭Lafortezza

Anyone else playing this at the moment?
    I've just started playing and I'm amazed that something similar hasn't been done before. It a reasonable racing sim, but the crashing/demolition derby factor is intensely satisfying.

From a quick scan of games sites it has been getting great reviews.

Its great for "mates around the PS2 screaming 'Tekkit!'" style fun.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Yeah, we've played it a little in the Bat-flat. I'm surprised that noone made something like it years ago. Its much more my game then GranTurismo is. I like crashing and I'm pretty good at it too, intentionally or otherwise :)

Its definitely going into my xmas stocking, along with Prince Of Persia.

DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,944 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Great game but is there anyway of turning the in game replays off, really bugs me.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 14,076 Mod ✭✭✭✭monument

Threads merged.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 14,076 Mod ✭✭✭✭monument

irish1 wrote:
    Great game but is there anyway of turning the in game replays off, really bugs me.
    Yes...

Driver details > settings > gameplay > then turn the 'takedown camera' off

I quite like it, but it can get annoying the odd time. Nearly wish it was build into two player mode, so you could see the moment you take your friend out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 DieHardGamer

Brilliant game, but there are some things from Burnout 2 that would have been best left in. for example, Its annoying that you cant type your name in when you beat a track record or any other record cos im not the only one who plays it and being able to know who beat what record would be great also if you crash on the wrong side of the road you respawn on the proper side unlike in Burnout 2, another thing that bugs me is that you dont see the name of the track your racing on in the loading screen and last but not least why cant i see a reply after a race, its says in the manual to press triangle but that only works in crash mode its annoying getting a perfect race and then not being able to see it again in all its glory or not being able to see a real cool crash or takedown again. Those are some things id like fixed for burnout 4, anyone else agree? Although even with all those negatives its still an absolutly brilliant game especially in Dolby Surround. I would recommend it to everyone.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,698 ✭✭✭IrishMike

Matt Simis wrote:
    When you dont use punctuation or correct grammar, what you wrote looks like some sort of bad poem...

Or maybe you are really clever and intended to do so:

"was sold i was expecting this 2 b a disaster
    its like burnout 2 on steroids
    cars feel much faster"

Matt

Thanks your arrogant and condescending remarks have definetely improved
    this thread. Good work :rolleyes:

Advertisement