Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Burnout 3: Takedown

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

I'm well pissed that this isn't coming out on the Cube. I was playing a bit of the Xbox version in work and damn, it was fun. We had a wireless controller rigged up so that anyone who wanted a go could just ask for the controller and have a go. At 9 when the shop closed we were all playing. It's fantastic.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

Its a bit too crash orientated imo. fun nonetheless

We used to play Burnout 2 all the time in the back room in work. Crash for Cash high scores mostly. We've got a serious Burnout addiction, but I can't get my hands on a Cube copy of Burnout 2...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

We used to play Burnout 2 all the time in the back room in work. Crash for Cash high scores mostly. We've got a serious Burnout addiction, but I can't get my hands on a Cube copy of Burnout 2...
    same here, i've been looking for a cheap copy for 7 months now.
    seriously considering just paying full whack on play or amazon:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭balkieb2002

its an excellent game espec newthings like fighting oppents then takedowns as well as aftertouch and tons of stuff/cars/vehicles to unlock. Def want that bus for crash mode :)

Just wondering though what ya thought of Need For Speed Underground 2? was playing burnout for ages but decided to give it a go as i really liked the original nfs. All i can is its very different but i love the massive city it gives to drive around. Kinda reminds of midnight club only better.

• Advertisement

Nfs is kinda boring imp. not even the addition of kelly brook to the second one shall sway me. the road looks like a shaggin' mirrior. everything is way too shiney.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,056 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

I have Burnout 2 and everyone who I have told to have a game of it has loved it and become isntantly addictive , I think its one of the most addictive games on this generation of consoles...cant wait to play number 3 :o

• Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

I feel the same way about B2, but the third installment seems like a step in the wrong direction. For some reason it reminds me of Need for Speed Underground.

Thats after about 30minutes play time, I'll post back later with some more impressions.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,664 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

/me decides after watching the clip on EA's website, to forget about saving for a better PC, and finally bite the PS2 bullet.

Get an xbox instead :D

• Advertisement

Ok I retract any statements I made about this game. Im getting it as soon as I get my xbox. I just loved bein a sneaky little bast' and forcing other drivers into lamposts.

same here, i've been looking for a cheap copy for 7 months now.
    Yahhhhhhh!
    Go working in GAME. I'm getting Burnout 2 for Cube on Sunday for 16.50!

how how how? please tell me how?

having boobies must be great ;)

I finally found a copy of timesplitters 2 but nooooooo I still havnt been paid and I aint gonna be out in blanch for months, posssibly years. lol

Is there modes in burnout 2 that arent in 3? cause if 3 has what 2 has and more ill get it with my xbox instead

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,319 ✭✭✭sci0x

Yahhhhhhh!
    You can get Burnout 2 from Amazon for about the same price.

yea but theres a difference. you get it right away whe you have it in your hands.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 833 ✭✭✭Stormfox1020

you get it right away whe you have it in your hands

Eh?

well itr means you dont have to wait for poxy amazon to deliver.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 14,076 Mod ✭✭✭✭monument

Yahhhhhhh!

No, they probably wouldn’t trust me – suspicions of me trying to dig dirt up about them for an article could possible cross their minds – although I wouldn’t mind working retail, even if it was just to see what it’s really like. Notably, I don’t actually work in any other area of the games industry

Anyway, every time I hear ‘Burnout 3’ all I can think is ‘EA makes this…no, not EA… Criterion’ bloody marketing. This ‘Black’ game of theirs looks interesting.

Its a good job EA bought this game what with acclaim going bankrupt and all

sci0x wrote:
    You can get Burnout 2 from Amazon for about the same price.
    about the same price?
    not sure what conversion rate you're working with...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

Looks like I'll be taking the plunge and getting this game.

I'll give Outrun2 a wait until it drops in price.

evad_lhorg wrote:
    I finally found a copy of timesplitters 2 but nooooooo I still havnt been paid and I aint gonna be out in blanch for months, posssibly years. lol
    oh dear. oh dear. that horrible month...the month of no money.
    having boobies must be great
    Actually it is.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,664 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

Ok, so i bought the PS2 today with burnout 3 (€170 with the game in Smyths). But I have a question on the PS2 controller;
    I've found that I have to mash the X button with my thimb to work, simply pressing it isn't sufficent. Even at a menu, i can fully press it without response, but by putting a good bit of pressure it'll work. I first noticed it when my speed went down during a lap. Question is, just me or dodgy controller?

BTW the game is €55 for xbox and PS2 in Smyths, plus 10% off with a loayalty card.

Thats the pressure sensitive buttons on the PS2 controller, it normal.

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭cosgrove80

delly wrote:
    I've found that I have to mash the X button with my thimb to work, simply pressing it isn't sufficent. Even at a menu, i can fully press it without response, but by putting a good bit of pressure it'll work. I first noticed it when my speed went down during a lap. Question is, just me or dodgy controller?

I found that too actually. The buttons are all pressure sensitive but even so with Burnout you need nearly 100% pressure to select the menus. If you can test the pad with another game to make sure but I think it just Burnout 3.

I'll give it a go and see

• Advertisement

Just use the right analogue stick to accelerate.

oh dear. oh dear. that horrible month...the month of no money.

youre tellin me! jesus I never knew how many debts you could rack up in a month. sure finding bus fare is hard enough. lol forget lunch! :D

Advertisement