Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Burnout 3: Takedown

Options
  • 08-09-2004 3:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭

Getting great reviews across the board. Much improved over Point of Impact and even contends as one of the best driving games ever made. I was going to get Outrun 2 but I am tempted to buy this instead.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,030 ✭✭✭smiaras

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭TinCool

Been looking forward to this one for quite some time. Burnout2 is a favourite of mine, great crack.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Burnout tis the Road Rash of the eh.. 00s

Class games, looking forward it a lot.

kdjac

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

I am quite fond of the crashing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 815 ✭✭✭Bannor

smiaras wrote:
    A mate of mine asked around and it seems only Game is holding off on the release date. Extravision, HMV and Golden Discs all said they would be stocking the game on Friday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,577 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

Gah, I don't know whether to get this or Riddick. Or Full Spectrum Warrior. Or Ninja Gaiden. Argh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,030 ✭✭✭smiaras

• Registered Users Posts: 17,056 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

I played the second one to death , cant wait for this !

• Registered Users Posts: 6,421 ✭✭✭weemcd

aye i played the demo, there are some very cool new features and extra cinematics, but the sense of speed when you put on the boost wasnt as good as burnout 2, hopefully that has been changed

• Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

I wouldnt get outrun 2. we have it running on a pod in work and I was havin a go and i was racin on some level and the road just disappeared and it lookede like I was driving on a sky. glitch city I think the levl must be called ;)

I was in work today and was just drooling over about 80 copies of burnout 3 for the xbox lying in the stock room waiting for next friday. we have a demo on one of the ps2 pods and it looks fun. although my manager was playin today and he stopped his car by a bench on the path and the car was absolutely tiny compared to his giant bench. we were all laughing at this amazing bench.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

evad_lhorg wrote:
    I wouldnt get outrun 2. we have it running on a pod in work and I was havin a go and i was racin on some level and the road just disappeared and it lookede like I was driving on a sky. glitch city I think the levl must be called ;)

You wouldn't buy a game because an early demo of it has a glitch in it? :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,698 ✭✭✭IrishMike

Been playin this for a few days now and its growing on me
    i liked the last one but since the licence was sold i was expecting this 2 b a disaster
    its like burnout 2 on steroids
    cars feel much faster. handling around corners seems crap though but that
    could b due 2 the fact that ive been playin project gotham racing 2 a lot lately
    and u cant really compare both games
    the extra icons like 4x points and heartbreakers (where u lose half ur score if u drive over the icon) are pretty cool in the crash mode
    also the ability to explode the car after a crash for even more carnage is cool
    all in all a good game but a bit 2 similiar 2 the last one if u ask me
    but then again for most people that will b a massive positive

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

so it finally made it eh.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,718 ✭✭✭Matt Simis

IrishMike wrote:
    Been playin this for a few days now and its growing on me
    i liked the last one but since the licence was sold i was expecting this 2 b a disaster
    cars feel much faster. handling around corners seems crap though but that
    could b due 2 the fact that ive been playin project gotham racing 2 a lot lately
    and u cant really compare both games
    the extra icons like 4x points and heartbreakers (where u lose half ur score if u drive over the icon) are pretty cool in the crash mode
    also the ability to explode the car after a crash for even more carnage is cool
    all in all a good game but a bit 2 similiar 2 the last one if u ask me
    but then again for most people that will b a massive positive

When you dont use punctuation or correct grammar, what you wrote looks like some sort of bad poem...

Or maybe you are really clever and intended to do so:

"was sold i was expecting this 2 b a disaster
    cars feel much faster"

Matt

• Registered Users Posts: 17,056 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Matt Simis wrote:
    When you dont use punctuation or correct grammar, what you wrote looks like some sort of bad poem...

Or maybe you are really clever and intended to do so:

"was sold i was expecting this 2 b a disaster
    cars feel much faster"

Matt

hehehhe

Ok the dates have been changed back so we will be getting burnout 3 tomorrow!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

how much fellas ?
    60€?

yea 60 quid no matter what console.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭steviec

is it out yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭oneofakind32

Dont know about you guys but im gonna holding out for GT4

• Advertisement

They're very very different games, I'm getting both. But I have to say I got as much play out of the Burnout 3 demo than GT4:prolog, its very very addictive

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

is this on the cube?

Only XBox and PS2. for now at least
    Burnout 2 had a cube conversion eventually so u never know.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

The developers said that B3 is worthless without an online mode. Hence no GC conversion :-/

Thats a pity
    I wouldn't have thought too many of the people getting it for PS2 will be online

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

might buy a second hand chipped ps2 and copy it just to spite the bastards :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 833 ✭✭✭Stormfox1020

I know i sure as hell wont be playing this game online, ill leave that job to the likes of PGR2 or RSC2. /me slaps citerion for not devloping the game for the cube.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,793 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

Gah, I don't know whether to get this or Riddick. Or Full Spectrum Warrior. Or Ninja Gaiden. Argh.

dont buy ninja gaiden, that game is insanely difficult to the point where you would just burn your xbox in temper...what a shame coz it wouldve been a great game otherwise

• Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

Gonzo wrote:
    dont buy ninja gaiden, that game is insanely difficult to the point where you would just burn your xbox in temper...what a shame coz it wouldve been a great game otherwise

Not really, it provides a good challenge and is a brilliant action game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭elmer

get this game it is great - totally addictive though - much more to it than burnout 2 - lots more different crash levels and lots of races - i could go more indepth but i'd make it an essay. i can't see why anyone would dislike crashing and smashing into stuff(including my missus who's addicted). it's got mass appeal and is far superior to the previous version

Advertisement