Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Simpsons Character Coming Out Of The Closet?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 340 ✭✭The Song Thrush

I said before that it's Patty and she falls in love with her tennis coach. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,780 ✭✭✭JohnK

I think it'll be either Barney or Moe. Reason being, for Homer to do the marriage it would most likely be a close friend of his getting married and they are much bigger characters than any of his other friends.

If not Barney or Moe, then probably the guy from the comic store due to his willingness to cross the "final frontier" in the Mr. X episode.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,450 ✭✭✭Blisterman

Thought I'd make a poll out of it. Which character will come out of the closet?
    Paddy Power are offering bets on it.
    Here are the odds
    Smithers 5-2
    Patty 7-2
    Selma 7-2
    Kent Brockman 7-1
    Lenny 10-1
    Carl 10-1
    Moe 10-1
    Comic Book Guy 12-1
    Principal Skinner 12-1
    Old Sea Captain 12-1
    Otto 14-1
    Dr Hibbert 14-1
    Barney 16-1
    Fat Tony 16-1
    Ned Flanders 20-1
    Groundskeeper Willy 20-1
    Krusty 20-1
    Professor Fink 20-1
    Reverend Lovejoy 20-1
    Apu 25-1
    Mr Burns 33-1
    Chief Wiggum 33-1
    Mayor Quimby 40-1
    Bumblebee Man 66-1
    Homer 66-1

• Registered Users Posts: 2,264 ✭✭✭JBoyle4eva

I really do think it'll be revealed that either/both patty or Selma will be either transvestites or born as men, with female organs! :eek: And I'd probably say one of them will hook up with smithers!

potential spoiler:[PHP]In an episode (I can't remember which one) began with a gay pride parade going past the simpson's house. in a float of the parade, there's a salute to people staying in the closet, with either patty or selma with smithers in the closet! DEAD GIVEAWAY![/PHP]

• Registered Users Posts: 698 ✭✭✭vishal

i haven't been watchin simps lately. what is the poll about? what do you mean come out of the closet?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 278 ✭✭aine

im sorry....smithers is in the closet? so the malibu stacy collection and the frequent references to his love for mr burns arent enough for you guys? Brockman would be class!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,825 ✭✭✭Healio

I remain adamant it will be Mayor Quimby who is gay.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

When is this episode supposed to be down in the us and over here?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,780 ✭✭✭JohnK

I don't know when its being shown but PaddyPower.com stop taking bets at 11pm tomorrow.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,885 Mod ✭✭✭✭celticfc

Merged with original thread.

• Advertisement

Good idea to merge threads.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

my moneys on mr burns.

he will then marry smithers

• Registered Users Posts: 24,158 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

Can't be Smithers, Milhouse or Lenny & Karl because they've all been effectively outed anyway.

My money'd be on someone like Lovejoy

He's already married though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,825 ✭✭✭Healio

Just cause he's married doesnt mean he cant be gay.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭doh.ie

Cr3m0 wrote:
    so so so very true, i've just giving up watching the simpsons now.

i just buy the boxsets and watch the classics

Yep. This one 'jumped the shark' several years ago. Shame the likes of the hilarious Futurama and Family Guy (though that is coming back) suffered while this was allowed to continue into the depths of non-humour. I don't think I've seen a 'good' Simpsons in years. Sure, there are laughs here and there, but, for me, the show really has run its course.

The cleverness of years ago has been replaced with gimmick, celebrity and just insane storytelling. The Simpsons was at its best when it concentrated on telling a good story. Now, it's just wacky scene after wacky scene and even the tradition of setting up a story in the initial five minutes only to depart completely from it has grown tiresome.

It had its classics, but I haven't seen one I really enjoyed in years. Which is a pity.

As for the gay character, if it was Mr Burns, more likely they'll go for a woman, as it wouldn't be as expected.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,131 ✭✭✭beer enigma

Moe...it just has to be Moe

doh.ie wrote:
    As for the gay character, if it was Mr Burns, more likely they'll go for a woman, as it wouldn't be as expected.

Whoo-hoo! I was right. It is a woman.

Potential spoiler here, so only read if you don't mind knowing/having
    plot revealed (assuming it's true):

SPOILER:
    http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/article/ds16039.html

doh.ie wrote:
    Whoo-hoo! I was right. It is a woman.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/article/ds16039.html

ok, I guessed this character, but I am still surprised!

Don't follow the link given by doh.ie as it really is a spoiler to be avoided! But, the epsiode details don't sound too accurate for it in my opinion!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 354 ✭✭Chonaic

I noticed these words in the report:
    according to The Sun today.

• Advertisement

Sometimes I find if a rumour looks almost close enough to the truth to be believeable, it often can be - wouldn't be surprised if this was one of those cases.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,989 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Well here's my reaction:
    a disappointment! Again! Not surprising. I had hoped they'd go elsewhere. Ah well... I pity any future dates she has! Heh...

So, she'll be going to the She-She lounge. let's hope there isn't a fire! (Homer: "Wait a minute. There's something odd about this place! (GASP) This lesbian bar dosen't have a fire exit! Ennjoy your deathtrap ladies!"

Woman walking past "What's her problem?"

• Registered Users Posts: 20,912 ✭✭✭✭Stark

Actually his comment was "(GASP) This lesbian bar doesn't have a fire exit", just thought I'd be pedantic as it was important to the joke :)

Trying to figure out if that revelation breaks character continuity. It does kind of make sense as she has been very hostile to men in the past.

⛥ ̸̱̼̞͛̀̓̈́͘#C̶̼̭͕̎̿͝R̶̦̮̜̃̓͌O̶̬͙̓͝W̸̜̥͈̐̾͐Ṋ̵̲͔̫̽̎̚͠ͅT̸͓͒͐H̵͔͠È̶̖̳̘͍͓̂W̴̢̋̈͒͛̋I̶͕͑͠T̵̻͈̜͂̇Č̵̤̟̑̾̂̽H̸̰̺̏̓ ̴̜̗̝̱̹͛́̊̒͝⛥

• Registered Users Posts: 9,133 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

But what about
    MacGyver - weren't they both interested in him
    ?

• Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭DéiseGirl

I thought it would be Milhouse. Sky had been showing a lot of "relatively new" episodes over September and he kept dropping hints to Bart "there's something I need to tell you" "I really like spending time with you" etc and Bart kept brushing him off. Damn, i thought I was just sooo clever!!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,912 ✭✭✭✭Stark

But what about
    MacGyver - weren't they both interested in him
    ?

But what about
    Madonna, aren't gay men interested in her? :p

⛥ ̸̱̼̞͛̀̓̈́͘#C̶̼̭͕̎̿͝R̶̦̮̜̃̓͌O̶̬͙̓͝W̸̜̥͈̐̾͐Ṋ̵̲͔̫̽̎̚͠ͅT̸͓͒͐H̵͔͠È̶̖̳̘͍͓̂W̴̢̋̈͒͛̋I̶͕͑͠T̵̻͈̜͂̇Č̵̤̟̑̾̂̽H̸̰̺̏̓ ̴̜̗̝̱̹͛́̊̒͝⛥

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

I think its going to be Bart myself

Stark wrote:
    Actually his comment was "(GASP) This lesbian bar doesn't have a fire exit", just thought I'd be pedantic as it was important to the joke :)

I've edited my original post. Some good rep for you for pointing it out!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭Bottle_of_Smoke

when's the episode on?

Advertisement