Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Should convicted rapists be castrated

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,965 ✭✭✭✭Zulu

Well thats a given - it hard to casturate women. But I feel it's worth highlighting the fact.

I don't think your putting much taught into it though (no offence), I mean, how can you believe that a man being raped by a woman is less damaging. I think your picturing a woman forcing herself onto a man - as opposed toa woman, say raping a man with a forign object.
    For example a woman raping a man with a broom handle.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,575 ✭✭✭elivsvonchiaing

Zulu wrote:
    Well thats a given - it hard to casturate women. But I feel it's worth highlighting the fact.

I don't think your putting much taught into it though (no offence), I mean, how can you believe that a man being raped by a woman is less damaging. I think your picturing a woman forcing herself onto a man - as opposed toa woman, say raping a man with a forign object.
    For example a woman raping a man with a broom handle.
    Its a subject I'd rather not think about tbh. Point taken.

Its a subject I'd rather not think about tbh. Point taken.
    It's certainly not pleasent. No worries. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,007 ✭✭✭pretty-in-pink

isn't there a guy here who was raped?im sure i saw it somewhere.......

i think attcking someone who is innocent is a bit worse.....simply because they have no other conceptions of the act.

everytime i try a guy a hand job, i cant do it. its just too hard. the pictures are still in my head.

i still sometimes freak when sex becomes an issue, or if i dream bout my attacker, or if i see a movie where someone has a similar story to that of me and my ex.

im not saying that if you have been with a hundred people it hurts less inside, but physicaly yes it would hurt less, because its not your virginity you are losing

in the case of my ex while id never had sex before, it didnt hurt as much as it should have done because another ex (the slimy one who blames me for the locked in a room thing) had broken my hymen, and totally shocked me out cause i wasnt ready, didnt want it, and i bled for 2days. i find it hard to like guys touching inside there with their hands cause my body still freaks out and closes up.

in light of that i dont think im strong really as i still get moments when i cant bear the thought of any sexual anything, and yet i have moments when i want it so bad......

as for doing anything to a kid, thats just sick, its really sick,

but iv lost my point, so im gonna shut up now.

best respect and support to anyone who has been attacked, and sympathy to clown man cause i cant imagine the stress of having all those horrible secrets.

I feel the need to explain why I am so vociferous on this. I once went out with a girl who was raped. It is not my story and therefore do not wish (have no right to) to publish any detail on this. It is not my story to tell.

• Advertisement

Edited. Related to deleted item in previous post. Just paranoid. {admin feel free to delete this is it now has no added value}

• Closed Accounts Posts: 539 ✭✭✭DawnMc

Syth wrote:
    I don't think convicted rapists should be castrated. I don't think it's a good
    detterent. Look at the deterent we have now. Look at the social stigma a rapist
    has. Some say that out society encourages rape, but try going into a bar and
    proudly announcing that you are a rapist. See if you are encouraged. As for the
    revictism argument, it don't think it will work. Many have already mentioned
    that it's possibe to still sexually assault somone even if the little general
    is dead. Also should we now start cutting of the hands of thieves? Should we
    break the spines of murders to make sure they can't kill again? Should we make
    blind anyone who knocked a person donw in a car, so thay can't drive again? No.

As for the whole 'rape is nothing to do with sex' argument, I think that is
    false. consider these 2 simple facts:
    o Men will do lots of things to have sex. Many, many men are willing to chase
    (figurativly) after women to have sex, heck, sme are even willing to pay for
    sex. Many men really wan tsex.
    o There are some men who are willing to use violence to get what they want.
    Whether it is some cash or a flash phone, there are men who are willing to use
    violence to get what they want.
    Thus it seems obvious that there will be a small amount of men who are willing to use violence to get sex, ie willing to rape.

Also there are cases where a man and a woman are "gettin' it on", and the woman
    doesn't want it to go that far, she wants to stop. Most men would stop, a tiny
    amout wouldn't and whould then rape the woman. If the 'rape is nothing to do
    with sex' argument was true, then the man would change from thinking about sex
    just before the woman wanted to stop (actually it's probably all he can think
    about), and then suddenly, not be thinking about sex. Most of the men out there
    will tell you that that kind of switch doesn't happen.

One word: Pathetic

• Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

My two cents; I know sfa about rape, but I disagree with castration. Not many, but I've seen a few men getting accused of rape, only to be proven innocent. By innocent, I mean that the girl accused the guy out of spite. And the girl is never named.
    Also, although it has yet to happen here (to my knowledge), stabbing a victim gives some of the sicko's pleasure, if "little man" doesn't work. Foreign objects are also used. Its more about the power, and being in control of the object. So castration may not do much good.
    I say life imprisonment. And by life, I mean for ever.

As for those who get caught for f*cking a child; they only got caught for f*cking that child. God knows how many others he has gotten his hands on :mad:

Prison is the only way for rapists. Put them on a island, and let them rape each other. Let them degrade on another. But kill them if they try to leave.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,303 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Whether the perpetrator is castrated by nitric acid or just two pirhanas in jamjar.
    test999 wrote:
    willy removal by sword (purely for dramatic affect) would be
    a deterrent for all future rapists.
    Are you two getting off on this thread?

Victor wrote:
    Are you two getting off on this thread?
    Just feel strongly about the subject - and still feel highly emotive about it - I think this is such a thread that it should be read in its entirety before posting to it. You can still end up offending people anyway as I have discovered.

I have gone to the lengths of deleting postings which I have never done before - it has messed with my head so much.

You mate are forgiven, by me, but I am by no means anyone important in this thread. Just don't post again like this here or you'll get my negative karma! (for one)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,007 ✭✭✭pretty-in-pink

it is emotive all right, but isnt a bit of argument and contraversy good? better get all that emotion out here then on the street.

i wonder what a perp might have to say bout the whole thing though?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 174 ✭✭df001i6876

The time as come for the public to have a right to vote. on punishment.

We should all have a say in how these people are punished. and not just by a court.

the whole country after all we pay for them. We should give them a choice. life or death . or life in prison. or they could be lab rats. the likes off howard shipman who

kill himself, one less to feed and goodbye too a load off rubbish. we should have ask him . After all it about money in the end. once there dead the no longer a threat too the public. why keep them. theres loads off thing we could do with prisoner.
    we could give them cancer aids make them ill with tropical Disease there a million way to punish them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,011 ✭✭✭sliabh

df001i6876 wrote:
    The time as come for the public to have a right to vote. on punishment.

We should all have a say in how these people are punished. and not just by a court.
    Hello vigilante justice and welcome back the lynch mob.

Oh, and while we are at it let's replace the court's decision on who is guilty with whoever the Star or the Sun decides is guilty.

df001i6876 wrote:
    we could give them cancer aids make them ill with tropical Disease there a million way to punish them.
    ...and how exactly would we be different than them?

I know it pure fiction . That this will ever happen and i am not a vigilante

but are we the soft people who elect a goverment for parliament.
    why not a mass judgement. On rapist murderous paedophile robbers.

The courts are too soft with them . I am not going on about papers and the star and the sun. A real vote by all the people in the land. we all know about justice in court. life 15 to 20 years. and then there out .
    too murder some other poor soul . or even sooner.
    we keep them fill our jails up. when they could be helping us find a cure for cancer and AIDS .that is humane. we all vote on death or hospital for cures on. mankind. just as if.

And what about manslaughter?
    Would you subject that crime to the same "judgment"?
    What about people who are found innocent years after their inital sentance was passed?

"Oh sorry we infected you with AIDS there 8 years ago - we genuinly taught your were guilty - oh well, my bad!"

manslaughter. well now i know this is just make believe. but i think the real serious
    crime should be put to the vote off the land . and let us judge it the people.

That would be up to the people who are found guilty. The likes off shipman the hinley ripper, the world is better off with out them why keep them. why study them, we can not cure them so ask them what do they want. Too help mankind or be put to death. After all it the taxe payers money. Lets face it the law as got worst over the years. some off the sentences these people get are some time hard to believe. we keep them for ever. :mad:

df001i6876 wrote:
    why study them, we can not cure them
    How do you know? We don't have the ability to cure them now, but we didn't have the ability to treat other mental illnesses until reciently. That dosen't mean we should strive to create a better society.

to zulu
    the way thing are today its free for all. open prisons, no tv no ctax no food to buy
    its all done for you. normal people have these thing too pay every week or month.
    a prisonaire has no response ability. just do your time and your out. back to society

all the payments are made by soft joe pulic out off the taxes off the land.The only cure is to let these crooks do real time bread and water like the old time. But o no . The con vics have more rights than joe pulic. Who knows we may put a tag around there leg.s this should make them safe. We can keep them out of jail.
    Now i am all for this tag maybe we could say make it so and Beam them up when they do wrong. Or give them a 1000000 volts . of eletricity in the legs.mm
    or we could give them some sweet so they can get closes too our kids.
    or give them a good job within the government. who knows it might catch on.

df001i6876 wrote:
    to zulu
    the way thing are today its free for all. open prisons, no tv no ctax no food to buy its all done for you. normal people have these thing too pay every week or month. a prisonaire has no response ability. just do your time and your out. back to society
    Have you read what you have written? WTF is ctax? Are society is hardly a free for all :rolleyes: Prisons tend to be closed/locked. That's the principle. I'd hardly say giving 10-12 years of your life isn't a price to pay.
    df001i6876 wrote:
    all the payments are made by soft joe pulic out off the taxes off the land.The only cure is to let these crooks do real time bread and water like the old time. But o no . The con vics have more rights than joe pulic.
    Nope - they just have human rights. Most of society agrees with human rights for all humans. Some don't. These people are considered extremists, and everyone prays they don't get any sort of power.
    df001i6876 wrote:
    Who knows we may put a tag around there leg.s this should make them safe. We can keep them out of jail.
    Now i am all for this tag maybe we could say make it so and Beam them up when they do wrong. Or give them a 1000000 volts . of eletricity in the legs.mm
    Are you for real here? "Beam them up", and what's that - a million volts!?! What sort of ampiture would you have with the million volts then? Would they get this (potentially fatal) bolt of electricity for jay-walking say? Would you consider attaching said anklet to all civilians in an effort to prevent crime outright?
    df001i6876 wrote:
    or we could give them some sweet so they can get closes too our kids. or give them a good job within the government. who knows it might catch on.
    Super argument. :rolleyes: To lower myself to your level here - are you advocating that criminals shouldn't be allowed to buy sweets? How old are you exactly?

• Advertisement

:rolleyes: [ctax council tax] tv licence rent money for food they do not pay for anythink.

its a hoilday camp. the poor prisonaire, there allowed to have a tv even radio +
    dvd , they even get days out to walk around. don,t you read papers. i say lock the gate. they might come down your path. just jokeing. be ware the law is soft too day.
    ? the list goes on +on we pay for them.

df001i6876 wrote:
    its a hoilday camp. the poor prisonaire, there allowed to have a tv even radio +
    dvd , they even get days out to walk around.
    ...if they are deemed safe. I have no problem with tha if it's part of a rehabilitation program.
    df001i6876 wrote:
    don,t you read papers.
    Well I don't read the Sun or the Star if thats what you mean. Funnily, the papers I read don't hold these fanitical opinions.
    df001i6876 wrote:
    i say lock the gate.
    The gate is locked.
    df001i6876 wrote:
    be ware the law is soft too day.? .
    I don't agree.
    df001i6876 wrote:
    we pay for them.
    We pay tax. The tax is reinvested in the society. I have no problem with that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭blobert

Went back and read original post and a few that followed.

It occured to me...

People are capable of change. If you do not believe this then there is no point in prison or any attempt to rehabilitate people.

Similarly, coming up with cruel and unusual punishments won't really solve anything either.

I've met a lot of people through my work that have done terrible things in the past: murder, sexual offences etc. This does not mean that they are forever doomed to be bad people though, in fact some of them are incredibly nice and kind people now.

Anyway, I just wanted to point out that even people that have comitted awful crimes can, over time change to the point where they utterly regret what they have done, and will not reoffend again.

I forgot to mention in the papers a few weeks ago, a prisonaire won the lottery

he was a rapist he won £2000000 , it makes you wonder . whose side is the law on. the crooks side . they should be in jail too in fact maybe we should all book a hoilday in jail wow. theres more aftercare in jail. than there is in hospital,.add lease theres a bed ready when your ill, theres a long waiting list for a bed in the hospital. human rights it a joke+ so is the law. i hope you have finished .
    because im off to book a holiday. In a german pow camp. now thats what i call a jail.

blobert wrote:
    Went back and read original post and a few that followed.

It occured to me...

People are capable of change. If you do not believe this then there is no point in prison or any attempt to rehabilitate people.

Similarly, coming up with cruel and unusual punishments won't really solve anything either.

I've met a lot of people through my work that have done terrible things in the past: murder, sexual offences etc. This does not mean that they are forever doomed to be bad people though, in fact some of them are incredibly nice and kind people now.

Anyway, I just wanted to point out that even people that have comitted awful crimes can, over time change to the point where they utterly regret what they have done, and will not reoffend again.
    just a thought can you find me a bed for free. :o

df001i6876 wrote:
    just a thought can you find me a bed for free. :o
    just jokeing its just that all the jails are book up

df001i6876 wrote:
    I forgot to mention in the papers a few weeks ago, a prisonaire won the lottery he was a rapist he won £2000000, it makes you wonder.
    There was a thread on that. You can read it for my opinions on that matter - suffice to say, because he was a rapist does alter the fact that he can enter a competition. If he didn't win - I'm sure you wouldn't be complaining that the £X a week he spends on lottery tickets goes, in part, to charity.
    df001i6876 wrote:
    whose side is the law on. the crooks side
    That is simply a ridiculous, unsubstantiated comment. The law is evidently on the law abiders side :rolleyes:
    df001i6876 wrote:
    they should be in jail too in fact maybe we should all book a hoilday in jail wow. theres more aftercare in jail. than there is in hospital,.add lease theres a bed ready when your ill, theres a long waiting list for a bed in the hospital.
    This is just a rant. What is your point - that medical care shouldn't be provided to prisoners, or that we should use the spare beds in prisons for sick people? put them in with the prisoners till there better??
    df001i6876 wrote:
    human rights it a joke+ so is the law.
    Yes, lets get rid of human rights altogether, and the law while we're at it.
    df001i6876 wrote:
    i hope you have finished .
    ...debunking your ranting - nope I'm having too much fun.
    df001i6876 wrote:
    because im off to book a holiday. In a german pow camp. now thats what i call a jail.
    Super - I recommend the showers for you.

only if you will wash my back

are you a prison officer.

hec . we havent met but the law is a joke, were it not for them were would we be today, lost for words.

df001i6876 wrote:
    only if you will wash my back.
    Nope, I'll be outside in a well ventilated area.
    df001i6876 wrote:
    are you a prison officer.
    :eek:
    df001i6876 wrote:
    hec . we havent met but the law is a joke, were it not for them were would we be today, lost for words.
    Well, you'd most likly have plenty to complain about - if you were still alive - but chances are your burnt down house wouldn't have a PC in it for you to vent your issues. As opposed to just calling the law a joke - would you care to propose a better solution? Or a better alternative? Or, better still, describe how society would survive in the lawness alternative. (I'll give you a clue: Afganistan)

• Advertisement

Ive never needed the law in my life ive all ways sort it out. Ok, you ring them and they turn up when they feel like. mmm. I would hate haveing to rely on them turning up. We will all end up like tony martin. and as for afganistan i leave that to the army.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement