Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Importing from the UK - definitive guide (Q&A)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 707 ✭✭✭Debub

corklad32 wrote: »
    Thanks for the reply. So, it's not important for the dealer to send the 'for permanent export' section to DVLA, only if they want? As i wont be there in person I guess there's nothing that needs to be signed by me there and then?

no - not required, my dealer didnt bother as it doesn't make any difference to them, but gave it to me in case I wanted to claim tax back

• Registered Users Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭mugsymugsy

Can not stress it enough you have to have the V5C doc (first page only required) - get it in writing and agree it with the dealer before you get the car otherwise you are in a world of pain.

If you have all your ducks in a row it's fairly painless at the vrt centre.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,221 ✭✭✭pablo128

mugsymugsy wrote: »
    Can not stress it enough you have to have the V5C doc (first page only required) - get it in writing and agree it with the dealer before you get the car otherwise you are in a world of pain.

I had explained all this to the dealer I dealt with over the phone and he still tried to hand me the export slip when I got there. He had to go off and make a phone call before he agreed that I was to take the full document.

Having said that, he did say they had never sold a car for export before.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 crazyman79

mugsymugsy wrote: »

Yeah. I took the entire V5C form first and second page. The only section the DVLA might expect is the section 11 In second page that is notification of permanent export. The dealership I went to said don't even bother with that, they had there own paperwork form that they sent to DVLA to say the car was sold to an overseas purchaser but they were very familiar with car sales to Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,060 ✭✭✭Sexual Chocolate

Anyone ever use Clickmechanic for inspections before ? Reviews seem good and there cheaper then AA and RAC.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7 scottie2

I have the full V5c from dealer from purchase last week but section 8 as seller not signed as he did change of ownership online. Will this be a problem when registering?

scottie2 wrote: »
    I have the full V5c from dealer from purchase last week but section 8 as seller not signed as he did change of ownership online. Will this be a problem when registering?

I didn't do any of that at all. Invoice means car was sold to you, V5C only relevant to sales with the UK for DVLA is my understanding. I had nothing filled out on mine and no issue.

I only had the main first page - the rest the dealer didn't give me (he told me he sent off the export back to stop getting hassle from dvla for tax) and had no problems with vrt.

I bought from a Toyota main dealer so know sale legit just concerned no signature on section 8 might be problem registering, apparently they do all online now

I bought from a Toyota main dealer so know sale legit just concerned no signature on section 8 might be problem registering, apparently they do all online now

I didn't even have the section 8. As long as you have the main page with details of the car you are fine. Make sure you go through the checklist and have the other documents and id etc

• Advertisement

Wife will be registering car in her name but invoice in mine as I collected car. Will I need to get invoice amended to her name

Wife will be registering car in her name but invoice in mine as I collected car. Will I need to get invoice amended to her name

I would to avoid hassle. I know you can vrt on behalf of someone else but not sure about if some docs made out to you and want to register in her name

• Registered Users Posts: 5,796 ✭✭✭Isambard

no

• Registered Users Posts: 418 ✭✭SeamusFX

I just went to sign up for Revolut Premium and it's saying you need to sign up for 12 months. This is €96 for the year and I'll probably never need to use it after this one purchase. There were people on here who got it for one month or even cancelled and got all of the fee back, is this something new or am I missing something?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭gwalk

SeamusFX wrote: »
    I just went to sign up for Revolut Premium and it's saying you need to sign up for 12 months. This is €96 for the year and I'll probably never need to use it after this one purchase. There were people on here who got it for one month or even cancelled and got all of the fee back, is this something new or am I missing something?

Pay monthly, cancel within the coling off period

• Registered Users Posts: 3,336 ✭✭✭wassie

pablo128 wrote: »
    I had explained all this to the dealer I dealt with over the phone and he still tried to hand me the export slip when I got there. He had to go off and make a phone call before he agreed that I was to take the full document.

Having said that, he did say they had never sold a car for export before.

DVLA website clarifies exactly what is required for export:
    https://www.gov.uk/taking-vehicles-out-of-uk

Always query the dealer before going over if they have experience with selling a car for export. If they dont then direct them to the above link and explain they need to give you the V5C - Before you make any payments!

From VRT website FAQ https://www.ncts.ie/1155
    Vehicle invoice which must have the date of purchase/sale clearly indicated. If registering the vehicle on behalf of another customer, you must provide a signed letter from the customer authorising that the vehicle can be registered in their name."

• Registered Users Posts: 2,255 ✭✭✭Shlippery

deezell wrote: »
    You're welcome. It seems strange there should be such a huge variation in OMSP based on the entry CVT and E-CVT. This is just the gearbox designation, but from Wikipedia, all c200h have E-CVT box. Bottom line, if the OMSP for a 2015 F sport is accurate with reference to current retail prices, your going to have a job convincing them to use the E-CVT entry for your car, but this table from the DVLA emissions site might help, as it shows MY2014 cars onward are all E-CVT. Also, a quick check of 2015 CT200H prices on Carsireland.ie shows prices maybe a €1000 lower than the stat code OMSP they used, (€16737 for a September reg with 60k miles for example), but higher than the stat code OMSP you would like to use. Have a go using the Manufacturing Year argument. MY2014, which is designated E-CVT on thr DVLA site for 2015 cars but not written on your V5C. If you can convince them to use this stat code, happy days.

attachment.php?attachmentid=489706&stc=1&d=1567377058[IMG][/img]

Sent a letter filled with screenshots soon after that.

Aaaaaaaand appeal won today - getting €460~ back!

Dear Diary, Jackpot.
    :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,344 ✭✭✭ErinGoBrath

Shlippery wrote: »
    Sent a letter filled with screenshots soon after that.

Aaaaaaaand appeal won today - getting €460~ back!

Dear Diary, Jackpot.
    :pac:

Nice one.

How long did it take? I submitted a very reasonable appeal with screenshots etc 4 weeks ago. No confirmation from them to say they've received it

• Registered Users Posts: 613 ✭✭✭steinbock123

I live in Kildare and bringing in a car next weekend. If all my documentation (p60, utility bills) state my Kildare address, can I still get a Dublin plate? And is there any way around getting a stupid 120,00000000000000 number? Car is a 2015.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭gwalk

I live in Kildare and bringing in a car next weekend. If all my documentation (p60, utility bills) state my Kildare address, can I still get a Dublin plate? And is there any way around getting a stupid 120,00000000000000 number? Car is a 2015.

Is a D plate really that important...

Jesus haha

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,581 ✭✭✭deezell

No, unless you have ID for a Dublin address.
    2015 regs in Kildare were low, due to recession, and don't forget split year halves the years number. 2016 import regs were only at 6000+ a few months ago for 161KE. so you'll surely get a tidy 4 digit KE reg, especially a 152

• Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭spuddy

....And is there any way around getting a stupid 120,00000000000000 number? Car is a 2015.

120k D plates and their Kildare equivalents haven't applied since 2010. You get the next available number when importing, for 2011 and on cars.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,581 ✭✭✭deezell

Kildare currently at 151KE6110 and 152KE3055 plus whatever's in the pipeline

• Registered Users Posts: 10,227 ✭✭✭✭Marcusm

You won’t get a D plate and you won’t get a stupidly high number on a 2015; you’ll simply get the next number.

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭crookesa

Looking for the answer to extras. Seen a post from 2 years ago and wondering if it’s still only charged in high end cars. Is there a definitive line? Looking at a 2017/8 Peugeot 5008 or Skoda Kodiaq. Hope to get one with a sunroof but some of the listings come with other extras.

• Registered Users Posts: 418 ✭✭SeamusFX

Does anyone know what will happen if you import a car and book the VRT appointment pre-Brexit, but due to the queue your appointment is scheduled post-Brexit?scheduled

• Registered Users Posts: 23,300 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

I'd imagine they will have to go by the date the car entered the country.
    I'm looking to buy myself but it's all up in the air so nothing is certain.

SeamusFX wrote: »
    Does anyone know what will happen if you import a car and book the VRT appointment pre-Brexit, but due to the queue your appointment is scheduled post-Brexit?scheduled

I think the car has to be in country before Brexit, Oct 31st at moment. Then revenue has said you have 30 days to get it VRT'das normal. After that you could be looking at additional costs. But I'm sure someone else here will know better

• Registered Users Posts: 2,515 ✭✭✭Hoki

Hi folks, am i mad to be considering buying a 2016 estate from UK with 100k miles on it? Car comes with a 12mth warranty and is spotless inside and out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭dp639

dp639 wrote: »
    Tried to book a VRT inspect just now, no slots are available in any centres and I'm now on a waiting list and told to keep an eye on my mail and phone.

Is this normal and should I just expect an appointment soon?

Thanks?

Meant to say I got an appointment the following day, so if anyone else can't get a slot online, phone up and you'll get one fairly quickly.

One question about the VRTVPD2 form, the invoice for the car is my name, so my details go into the section 3 of this form (Person who Purchased the vehicle...) but the car is to be registered in my wife's name.

Who signs the declaration at the bottom of the form, me as the person who bought the car or my wife as the person who the car will be registered too?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement