Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Masic shrroms - where to order?

Options
1235»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 diddler

Yeah except now you have to buy them from some scumbag who has bought normal button mushrooms, dried them and mixed them with christ knows what. Or go picking and risk mis-identification.

Not to mention jail!

The spores are still legal in the UK after the shroom ban but growers there are running the gauntlet when really they shouldn't be.

Remember to report every patch of land you find them growing on to the gardaí especially council land and such. Make a big stink. If they want to make them illegal they should be pushed to prosecute every council, golf club, industrial estate and farmer in the country. Gridlock!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,821 ✭✭✭18AD

Reliable site...works for me anywho :D
    <snip>

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Blisterman wrote:
    That sucks.
    Of course, as everyone knows, banning substances doesn't nessesarily make them hard to get.

Indeed -- especially since they grow here!!!!!! :eek:

Bloody idiots, all this means is more people are gonna go picking them theirselves and in doing so will pick the wrong ones and cause injury.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,379 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

18AD wrote:
    Reliable site...works for me anywho :D
    <snip>

Thats very cheap (relatively). 1kg is about 50 doses, which for some would be more than a lifetimes supply!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,494 ✭✭✭ronbyrne2005

just legalise everything and let stoners and antisocial fools etc get their kicks cheaply,i dont see why anyone see s need to consume serious mind altering drugs for "fun" or "recreation" if they are happy well rounded individuals.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 145 ✭✭Fraggle Rocks

just legalise everything and let stoners and antisocial fools etc get their kicks cheaply,i dont see why anyone see s need to consume serious mind altering drugs for "fun" or "recreation" if they are happy well rounded individuals.

Because its fun and recreational.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

They don't "need" it if they are taking it for fun or recreation. Just like people going to the pub for a few drinks.

The UK law says (which you can probably bet will be the template):

"# Won’t this [law change] criminalise those who pick magic mushrooms in the wild without knowing that they are magic mushrooms?
    No. It is not an offence under the Misuse of Drugs Act by virtue of section 28 if a person can prove his lack of knowledge."

LOL How the hell does one prove lack of knowledge?

Anyway while it still legal here's a guide for the budding mycologist.

just legalise everything and let stoners and antisocial fools etc get their kicks cheaply,
    Why not let everybody use them? or do you think only antisocial fools take recreational drugs?
    Do you consider somebody who enjoys a glass of wine with dinner to be an "antisocial fool"

i dont see why anyone see s need to consume serious mind altering drugs for "fun" or "recreation" if they are happy well rounded individuals.
    Most people (and even some animals) have a instinctual drive to experience states of altered conciousness, just like the drive of hunger, sex drive, power. Some people have huge drives, so end up obese, nymphomanics, presidents, alcoholics, gamblers, stoners. But the vast majority just enjoy these things at a normal moderate level. I presume you do not have a strong drive to experience states of different conciousness, people do not need to have recreational sex, and some religions would advise against it, doesnt stop people.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

rubadub wrote:
    Most people have a instinctual drive to experience states of altered conciousness, just like the drive of hunger, sex drive, power. Some people have huge drives, so end up obese, nymphomanics, presidents, alcoholics, gamblers, stoners. But the vast majority just enjoy these things at a normal moderate level. I presume you do not have a strong drive to experience states of different conciousness, people do not need to have recreational sex, and some religions would advise against it, doesnt stop people.
    Very well said rubadub, couldn't agree more.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭PTL

hate the shops that sell them without the advice, and all this over one muppet committing suicide which is what he did he didnt think he could fly! If he was drinking it would be suicide.

Anyway it going to become illegal very shortly id say and i just dread the winter when the thousands of people who have successfully tried them go picking and there WILL be at least one fatality because semis(liberty caps) look really like alot of poisonous mushies ... maybe then the government will realise this was a bad move ...

Id love to set up huge spots all around Dublin and the out skirts with outdoor mushrooms like cyans and azurs and tell people where they are planted and how to spawn them to more substrate (VERY easily done) and take a small amount from the ground and plant them in there area so that the patches multiply. If everyone who picked from the 20 patches planted two more patches next year there would be 100 or so and the year after that 500 or so and if you went to the bother of growing them then you are responsible enough to experience them ... not just go in and spend your pocket money then go crazy

I wonder how illegal that would be to do right now and then how illegal it would be to do in a few months

It would be perfectly legal now because the mushrooms are legal to possess and therefore to grow. It wouldn't be illegal to show anyone were they grow even when they become illegal to possess provided you weren't persuading or helping anyone to commit a crime.

There is still a real paradox in this law. The mushrooms are technically illegal but no-one can realistically be prosecuted for having them growing on their property since they're an indigenous fungus. But if you were to spread them around a bit what would your crime be? Maybe cultivation. A more serious offence than possession for sure.

I've compiled a pictorial guide to what they look like and a written description Psilocybe Semilanceata Identifier

It's a djvu file so you will need the browser plugin if you don't have it already.

Semilanceata are extremely difficult to cultivate. The azures and psil. cyans could be grown here (not pan cyans). I have seen outdoor cubensis grows in the summer in holland of more cold loving strains. There is also a strain called oh canada of cubensis that is said to survive freezing conditions and fruit in temperate climates.

yea i think if anyone was to try this the azur hammond would be the best and easiest to identify without picking poisonous ones.... The loop hole is that basically if there growing on your farm in nature its not illegal ... so once a person wasnt caught actually transfering the wood chips to there patch then they would be fine after that .... but then again if the guards came along and dug up the spot it would be obvious that it was man made but im sure theres other ideas like this ...

the reason i was thinking semi was cause introducing a non native species could be bad just like the grey squirel thing at the moment :)

diddler can you put that into anything else but that mad file extension i hate downloading and installing plugins thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭Lux23

<snip>

PTL I tried to make a pdf for you but all the pictures blew up and came out pixelated. A lot of ebooks come as djvu files because they're as good quality as pdf but 1/10th filesize so it might be worth installing. I have some shrooms ebooks btw (PM if you want any)

PTL wrote:
    diddler can you put that into anything else but that mad file extension i hate downloading and installing plugins thanks

www.shroomery.org has great info.

PTL wrote:
    the reason i was thinking semi was cause introducing a non native species could be bad just like the grey squirel thing at the moment :)
    Well the great John Allen says that Psilocybe cyanescens does grow in Ireland. None on this report which show plenty in the UK, but I would take Johns word, he also says they are in the scottish botanical gardens.
    http://194.203.77.76/fieldmycology/bmsfrd/bmsrecord.asp?intGBNum=7633

Yea shroomery is a great place im on it more then im on boards :) ill download that plugin thanks for trying it ... wish there was a legal highs/drugs forum on boards.ie

Pm on its way (rubadub can you clear your pm inbox aswell)

and i think selling them in the stores should be illegal, makes true shroomers (growers) worried :) muppets killing themselves on them

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

Refrain from telling people where to buy them people and/or advising people to collect them in the wild.

Feel free to discuss the other aspects of this though.

• Advertisement

http://www.dublinpeople.com/cms/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=683&Itemid=49
    Law change after drug death
    The Government is taking steps to change Ireland’s drug laws following the fatal fall of a young local man whose death has been blamed on magic mushrooms, Southside People has learned.Minister of State Noel Ahern (FF) confirmed last week that he is arranging with the Tánaiste and Minister for Health, Mary Harney, to review drug legislation after the death of the man in Dun Laoghaire last year.
    The family of the man has already met Government officials in an attempt to get the substance banned.
    The young man in his 30s from Dun Laoghaire died after he jumped out of the balcony of his apartment in the town.
    There is an ongoing Garda investigation into the incident.
    It is understood that the man bought the magic mushrooms at a shop in Dublin where the potent hallucinogenic substances are still legally and openly on sale.
    The man had taken less than the recommended dosage that was printed on the packet. Previous to taking them he and his girlfriend and other friends had been playing a game of trivial pursuit and drinking beer.
    The man’s family insist that the drugs were to blame for the actions that led to the young man leaping to his death.
    In July of last year magic mushrooms were classified as class A drugs in Britain alongside heroin and cocaine.
    However, although there has been a long-standing ban on dry or packaged magic mushrooms, it is still legal to possess or sell them in fresh form in the Republic.
    Dublin South Central TD Aengus O’Snodaigh (SF), who has been in contact with the bereaved family, said they are trying to make sure that people are aware about what happened to their son.

“They also want more prosecutions against these outlets to make sure that the same thing doesn’t happen to someone else’s son or daughter,” he said.
    Fine Gael spokesman on health, Dr Liam Twomey TD, said the Minister for Health and Children, Mary Harney, should address the matter immediately and ban the substances.
    “The Minister should ban magic mushrooms and not make them so freely available,” Dr Twomey said. “Overall the UK normally has a more liberal drugs policy than Ireland. This should be an indication that there should be no argument about this.
    “These mushrooms do have hallucinogenic and often unpredictable effects,” he added. “Many people can get away with taking them but some people can end up getting addicted and having significant psychotic episodes and something unfortunate can happen, as in this case.”
    However, it was revealed late last week by the Minister of State, Noel Ahern, that, in fact, he has already met with officials in the Department of Health and Children to discuss the legality of magic mushrooms.
    “Late last year, following the sad death of this man, I met with members of his family and I subsequently arranged for officials from my department to meet with representatives of the Department of Health and Children, other departments and the gardai to assess the legal situation regarding magic mushrooms and whether existing legislation is sufficient to deal with their increased use and sale,” Minister Ahern told Southside People. “Arising from this, and subsequent consideration, it was decided that a change in the law was warranted. This is now being arranged through the Tánaiste, Mary Harney TD, Minister for Health and Children, and her department.”
    Minister Ahern said the details are currently being worked out but added that he hoped that an appropriate change in secondary legislation could be made in the coming weeks.
    A 2003 drug prevalence study found that, across Ireland, magic mushrooms were the second most-used drug, with four per cent of the population saying they had used them at some time in their life. This compared with 18 per cent who had tried cannabis.
    In response to a Dáil question posed by Aengus O’Snodaigh last year, the Minister for Justice, Michael McDowell, said the gardai regularly monitor premises where mushrooms are bought.

the ignorance is a bit disturbing. If the parents of a dead drink driver asked Noel Ahern to ban drink he would laugh in their face and tell them to f.uck off and stop taking the piss.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,106 ✭✭✭turbot

Exactly.

It's a shame that he died... and sad for all concerned.

At the same time, drinking a load of beer prior to taking mushrooms demonstrates complete ignorance. This is not the way to do it. It's ridiculous that he would not at least learn some basics about mushrooms prior to taking them. Thats personal stupidity, like someone who self prescribes powerful medicines without the right training. There are guides on sensible usage of mushrooms all over the Internet, and books available in the shops that sell them.

If he took enough that he couldn't tell the difference between where it was safe to be vs where it was dangerous to be, he should have had a sitter... looking after him. Thats a level 4 / level 5 trip which requires a lot of shrooms if he was so disoriented he thought he could fly / couldn't tell the difference.

If someone drinks enough alcohol, and stands on balconies, it's possible they can trip and fall over the edge.

It's ridiculous and abusive to get drunk and take mushrooms... they do not compliment eachother whatsoever.

Hallucigen + depressant = confusion.

I suspect the people around him are denying responsibility for not taking care of him.

If the government were sensible, they would make it so:
    - There was unbiased education about drugs so people could explore them wisely
    - There were structures in place to mitigate the potentially harmful side effects, for example, I know people who when taking mushrooms, make sure they have valliums and sleeping tablets, such that if they start to have a bad trip, they can simply fall asleep and wake up the next day.

Now the government are going to probably ban these entirely because some people behave ignorantly in their usage of them. Why can't they just issue licences to people who want to take them, so smart people can explore them safely?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

I can't stand the f*cking idiocy...

I seen a post on the thread about the 33year old that 'supermaned' on mushies and they pointed out that something like 90% of people who commit suaside have alcohol in there system ....

So lets say 500 people take there life in ireland every year (from aware.ie website) and 90% had drink on them thats 450 people a year ... then over 5 year period thats 2,250 people on alcohol killed themselves ... verses .... 1 GOB****E on mushies haha its crazy! then lets not forget the number of drink driving deaths! and liver cancer etc

I tell you one thing ... id NEVER drink on mushies and most importantly id NEVER EVER EVER go to a fancy dress holloween party hahahaha youd fecking go mental! id say it was the scariest thing ever hahahaha Suddenly you look around and draculas sitting beside you :) and your thinking .. please dont bite my neck please dont bite my neck! hahaha

I think im going to email noel now to ask him to clarify the new law... think everyone who is apposed to this should use the link on this thread and email him ... or if people put up some petition or even just his email in all the shops in town that sell them. But then again these shops in town are selling them without information so they dont really care they just want the money.

PTL wrote:
    1 GOB****E on mushies haha its crazy!
    he was drinking too. wonder if it was more than the "recommended dose" of alcohol. 1 pint isnt it? I know 4 pints is "binge drinking"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭spahndirge

Bill Hicks wrote:
    “Young man on acid, thought he could fly, jumped out of a building. What a tragedy.”

What a dick, **** him! He’s an idiot. If he thought he could fly, why didn’t he take off from the ground first? Check it out. You don’t see ducks lining up to catch elevators to fly South. They fly from the ground, you moron. Quit ruining it for everybody. He’s a moron, he’s dead, good. We lost a moron, ****ing celebrate.

hahahaha bill has got a point :) and yea charles darwin etc etc survival of the fittest its just nature weeding out the stupid ones haha

Ive told a mate who was trying shrooms for the first time to not drink on them but of course who listens , everyone thinks they know best :) so as 5-6 tripped happily without drink he was drinking away and lost his mind :) started going on a really bad one but with a simple symbolic making him pour the rest of his drink down the sink he calmed down and was ok ... Alcohol is a very strong depressant, just like you dont mix valium and drink haha that also equals death :)

I hope everyone has emailed noel and pass on his email to anyone who believes this law shouldnt come in. I think it should be illegal to sell them but not posses them! or naturally cultivate them :) if you smart enough to grow them your smart enough to fly from the ground up! Classic comment bill!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,219 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Mod: Zombie Thread closed

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement