Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Masic shrroms - where to order?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭eljono

Hear hear!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

just to make things clear lads...

is it *def.* legal to bring fresh magic mushrooms back from holland?

:D

yes/no answers please

• Registered Users Posts: 1,372 ✭✭✭Kone

Mordeth wrote:
    just to make things clear lads...

is it *def.* legal to bring fresh magic mushrooms back from holland?

:D

yes/no answers please

Fresh Magic Mushrooms = 100% Legal in Ireland and 100% Legal in Holland

So the answer to your question is YES!

Although having said that custom might still look at you funny and take you in for a little chat if they find them but they would have no case against you at all.

/Kone

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭de_shadow

Hi folks

I ordered a coulpe of grow kits and some Hawaiian baby rose wood seeds from Kingbong when this thread started and still havent received anything from them. Ive been in touch with them a few times now by email and on the phone and all they keep telling me is that they are trying to track my order.

Has anyone else had any trouble getting stuff from them ?

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭mrhappy42

mushrooms are a farm produce so not sure you can import then for that reason.

• Advertisement

mrhappy42 wrote:
    mushrooms are a farm produce so not sure you can import then for that reason.

You may be onto something there mrhappy, I was looking at it purely as a "drugs" issue. However I do recall someone on here mentioning that they had a parcel of fresh shrooms intercepted by customs, searched and then sent on to his address so I really don't know if they would be stopped just because they are farm produce You can get cheeses etc imported so why not shrooms?

De_Shadow : I've never heard of KingBong messing up, it's possible your order was 'misplaced' by the Royal Mail or An Post?

it took my order a month and a day exactly to get to me from kingbong..

I could ask at the customs desk at the airport what the story is with the mushrooms... :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,364 ✭✭✭Mr. Flibble

How come there aren't any shops in Ireland selling magic mushrooms if they are so legal? There is definatly a demand for them.

If somone started advertising them in the buy and sell would they have the gardi on them in a flash?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,452 ✭✭✭Blisterman

Isn't it illegal to bring fruit and vegetables into this country anyway?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,648 ✭✭✭knifey_spoonie

Yes it is , thats why there has been such a surge in the pineapple , kumquat , orange , mellon and almond farms that you see so often blighting our landscape.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭mrhappy42

..... pineapple , kumquat , orange , mellon and almond.....

http://www.agriculture.gov.ie/index.jsp?file=areasofi/plants.xml

Almonds plants are specially mentioned but not mushies

• Registered Users Posts: 5,523 ✭✭✭ApeXaviour

How come there aren't any shops in Ireland selling magic mushrooms if they are so legal? There is definatly a demand for them.

If somone started advertising them in the buy and sell would they have the gardi on them in a flash?

It's very much a gray area you see..
    I know it's entirely legal to pick and consume magic mushrooms. The preparation or preservation thereof turns them into an A class drug. Since they rot so quickly it would be difficult to sell them effectively in Ireland without preservation. Also the cultivation of them may have implications under Irish law. Under UK law there is a loophole whereby you can sell magic mushrooms for "research or ornamental use only". Yet the places selling them are still few and far between..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,364 ✭✭✭Mr. Flibble

apexaviour, so overall you probably aren't allowed import them because of fruit and veg laws (..although they aren't fruit and veg...) which meansd you'd have to grow them here which may be illegal in itself.
    But once you have them here somehow, there shouldn't be a problem in selling them.

Wish I knew a lawyer.

I brought back 4 boxes of philosophers stones, and my friend brought 4 boxes of thai.
    just put them in our bvags, and didn't have any trouble at the airport

so I dunno if it's legal, but I didn't get caught and in the end that's all that really matters.

also, my growbox did nothing. I plugged it in before I left and when I came back nothing had grown. i had someone mist it once a day like i was told to, and there were no other instructions so *shrug* I dunno what i did wrong, my friend that got the other kit says his worked out well so I'll hopefully get a few from him later :)
    kind of a dissapointment, but I still have the propgator and once I've figured out what I did wrong I can try again.

You can order mexican cubensis grow kits from shayanashop.com
    I ordered one and my mate grew it in a box under his bed.. Got enough for about 6 people out of it, well worth the 40eur..
    Propagator?? Wassat? Urm we just grew them in the dark mostly. You get very detailed instructions from shayanashop on how to do it with these kits.

As far as not getting caught mordeth, you were very very lucky. If there had been even the slightest whiff of ganja from any of ur bags (assume u came from holland?) I'm talkin what a spaniel can smell! They woulda meticulously searched u and all ur mates bags.. They did with ours, kept us there for 2 hours asking where we hid it. Cut open our shampoo bottles n everything n kept asking where we hid it. Pure scandalous and we didn't even bring anything back with us! It was just the left-over smell of crumbs in the fabric!

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

would a shoe box be big enough or too big? gota order some this week actualy have money for a change..(mexican cubensis ones) also, 40euro including delivery?

apexaviour wrote:
    You can order mexican cubensis grow kits from shayanashop.com
    I ordered one and my mate grew it in a box under his bed.. Got enough for about 6 people out of it, well worth the 40eur..
    Propagator?? Wassat? Urm we just grew them in the dark mostly. You get very detailed instructions from shayanashop on how to do it with these kits.

As far as not getting caught mordeth, you were very very lucky. If there had been even the slightest whiff of ganja from any of ur bags (assume u came from holland?) I'm talkin what a spaniel can smell! They woulda meticulously searched u and all ur mates bags.. They did with ours, kept us there for 2 hours asking where we hid it. Cut open our shampoo bottles n everything n kept asking where we hid it. Pure scandalous and we didn't even bring anything back with us! It was just the left-over smell of crumbs in the fabric!

I would be very surprised if a kit grew successfully in the dark (under a bed), Shrooms need light to grow (only a little bit of light is required, enough to read by)

Also I have to say you were very unlucky on your return from the dam...
    Mordeth wrote:
    also, my growbox did nothing. I plugged it in before I left and when I came back nothing had grown. i had someone mist it once a day like i was told to, and there were no other instructions so *shrug* I dunno what i did wrong, my friend that got the other kit says his worked out well so I'll hopefully get a few from him later :)
    kind of a dissapointment, but I still have the propgator and once I've figured out what I did wrong I can try again.

Don't worry about it Mordeth, I've had kits that have taken up to a month to bear fruit, it really depends on the medium used in the kit and the particular strain. Stay with it, mist it once a day and I find it is also useful to clear the air in the grow area once a day (fan the lid over the box/propagator for a minute or two), also keep a close eye on the temperature.

Congrats on your imports ;)

/Kone

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

Who do you mean by "mist it" is this rubbing the condensation off the covering around it or something?

Lenny wrote:
    Who do you mean by "mist it" is this rubbing the condensation off the covering around it or something?

Mist it = Using a water bottle with a spray nozzle to moisturise the kit

Misting the kit isn't really nessecary if you are using perlite with the water in the base of the box, perlite that is exposed to the air will wick up the water.

/Kone

Kone wrote:
    I would be very surprised if a kit grew successfully in the dark (under a bed), Shrooms need light to grow (only a little bit of light is required, enough to read by)

Aye, yeah he pulled it out from under the bed most evenings while he was studying..
    Lenny wrote:
    would a shoe box be big enough or too big? gota order some this week actualy have money for a change..(mexican cubensis ones) also, 40euro including delivery?

No in my experience (though kone would possibly have a better explanation) we put the box in a dish basin which was 1-2 cm full of water. Then covered the top in clingfilm. This way there was no need to mist it as the air inside was very humid. Got a good yield.

Seems like shayanashop are actually out of the grow kits at the mo.. Unless you wanna get a spore print? They're cheaper but I've no idea how to grow them. I'd recommend googling it if you wanna find out, there is PLENTY of info on the net..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,379 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Kone wrote:
    you can put them in the fridge (NOT the freezer - freezers destroy the psilocybin and psilocin) , that keeps them fresh for a while.
    The freezer won't destroy the psilocybin but when defrosted they will be a mushy mess. You can dry them in front of a fan. Or you can get stuff in woodies for getting rid of damp in walls, calcium something. Comes in packs of 500g and dries stuff out in no time. You put the shrooms on a mesh about 1" above the white cystals in an airtight container and it sucks the moisture out of them and the air. It can me microwaved after to remove the moisture and resue it

Best way to dry mushrooms is to leave them naturally dry out...
    any reason you dragged this topic back up?

echomadman wrote:
    smash it up and mix it with sterile wood mulch and theres a good chance you'll eke out another crop (we discovered this by accident after disposing of the detritus in an old windowbox)

cubensis strains do not like wood but it would help to add moisture anyway (was your kit cubensis?). You could add pasteurised straw, or simply get a pack of ready cooked uncle bens brown rice in the plastic packet, it is already sterile, this should get a few more flushes.

If you are going into production you want something more than those tiny propagators. You want a catering size pressure cooker and a book called "the mushroom cultivator" by Paul Stamets. Also read up at www.shroomery.org

Lenny wrote:
    any reason you dragged this topic back up?

Didn't realise it was so old! I heard some place in town was selling growkits and searched here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 diddler

The government are about to illegalise magic mushrooms according to Noel Ahern on the Pat Kenny radio show this morning. You can listen to the show here (real player needed I think.) The fresh mushrooms which ARE legal to posess at present (Ahern verified that was the case) are currently being seized (illegally I guess) by customs when they find them coming in to the country. If customs wrongfully seize or damage property you have a right to claim compensation btw.
    Ahern said he thought the new law would be in place by summer.

Got any thoughts about this you want to share with Noel then email him here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,963 ✭✭✭SpAcEd OuT

there making a big mistake!

why are they making shrooms illegal??

Press release July, 13th 2005

UN sees no reason to ban mushrooms.

On July 18 of this month Psilocybe mushrooms become illegal in the UK. The new law banning Psilocybe mushroom has been formulated to clarify the existing law. The existing law is a direct result of the UK signing the United Nations convention of psychotropic substances of 1971. The U.N. International Narcotics Control Board exists especially for clarification of and promoting compliance to the UN conventions on narcotics. The INCB has a tough policy on drugs and has recently condemned the downgrading of cannabis to class C in the UK and slapped the US for being soft on party drugs. Still the International Narcotics Control Board sees no need to ban Psilocybe mushrooms. There is no loophole in the law; magic mushrooms are legal with reason.

In a Dutch court case of Dutch mushroom distributor De Sjamaan, earlier this year Dr. Lousberg, the vice-president of the INCB explained:

Low risks

In 2000, Coordination point Assessment and Monitoring new drugs(CAM) did a study on the risks of Psilocybe mushrooms. The CAM is part of the EU Early Warning Mechanism. It came to the conclusion that there is no need to ban Magic Mushrooms. The risks towards public health, criminality, public order, addiction and many other concerns are too low. The sales of magic mushrooms prevent people from going into the woods picking mushrooms and misidentification of magic mushrooms with toxic wild mushrooms. Dr. Lousberg was one of the experts working on the study.

Since then there has been no new data to conclude otherwise. In fact new research and data only confirmed the outcome of the study.

Mushrooms are 100% legal

The delegates of the United Nations did not find it necessary to put psilocin containing mushrooms on the list of controlled substances. Only substances placed on the list of controlled substances are controlled. For this reason, not only cocaine, but also coca leaves are listed. Psilocybin and Psilocin are listed, but not the mushrooms themselves. This has been done on purpose. Many naturally occurring plants contain controlled substances. If that would be a reason to ban mushrooms or plants, a large part of nature should be prohibited. Another reason not to ban naturally occurring plants, is that the UN delegates concluded that banning naturally occurring plants is legally not feasible.

The concentration of psilocybin and psilocin in magic mushrooms is of course much lower than the pure substances. As the concentration goes down, so does the risk. The concentration of psilocybin and psilocin is too low, to pose enough risk to justify a ban. Since magic mushrooms are not controlled, neither are preparations of magic mushrooms. Only if one would separate the controlled substances from the mushrooms, an illegal preparation would be produced.

After consulting the United Nations on Office on Drugs and Crime (UNODC), the International Narcotics Control Board has made it clear in various letters that Magic mushrooms do not fall under international control.

International Narcotics Control Board meeting on Psilocybe mushrooms:

In the light of the testimonial of Dr. Lousberg in the court case and after recurrent questions on the legal status of Psilocybe mushrooms, the International Narcotics Control Board established an ad hoc working group to look into this matter. To re-evaluate the view of the INCB on Psilocybe mushrooms and suggest to the board; wording to use in future communications on this issue. The sessions took place from may 17 – 28, 2004. The working group discussed the matter in depth and concluded that the wording presently used by the secretariat of the INCB should remain as it is:

“At present, no plants (natural materials) are controlled under the 1971 convention of psychotropic substances. Consequently, preparations (e.g. decoctions) made of these plants, including Ayahuasca (and Psilocybe mushrooms*), could be considered as not being under international control and therefore not subject to any of the articles of the 1971 convention.”

*Note of vice-president Lousberg

EU Free Trade treaty

The testimonial of the vice president of the INCB is essential in regards to the EU Free Trade treaty: This treaty, signed by the UK, forbids the UK to ban goods, which are legally produced in other EU countries. Most magic mushrooms are produced in the Netherlands. But the EU free trade treaty does not preclude prohibition justified on grounds of public health. The testimonial of Dr. Lousberg makes it impossible to claim with any credibility, that the mushroom ban is justified on grounds

Terrible news, always copying the brits, hypocritical bastards...
    They didn't have a clue what they were talking about, the shop owner was totally ignorant. Pat acutally made some decent points surprisingly, I reckon hes a heroic doser himself. And Noel claiming it has no use in medicine! oh dear... who or what is running the country.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,452 ✭✭✭Blisterman

That sucks.
    Of course, as everyone knows, banning substances doesn't nessesarily make them hard to get.

Blisterman wrote:
    That sucks.
    Of course, as everyone knows, banning substances doesn't nessesarily make them hard to get.
    Yeah except now you have to buy them from some scumbag who has bought normal button mushrooms, dried them and mixed them with christ knows what. Or go picking and risk mis-identification.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

http://www.sky.com/skynews/video/videoplayer/0,,31200-drugs_p993,00.html

King Bong on Sky News - Story about Legal Highs

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement