Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Doom 3 gone Gold - August 3rd expected

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

Sometimes, depends really on when they get their stock.
    But yeah, they'll usually try and get it to you on the release date.
    Obviously massive demand will slow things down, and I think they give preference to those who preordered first.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

I dont think anyone will be short of doom 3 stock tbh :p its not like they wont sell

• Registered Users Posts: 3,312 ✭✭✭mr_angry

Originally posted by Cr3m0
    erm it won't be out on august 3rd as that's a tuesday.

it's noramally fridays they are release on

August 2nd is a bank holiday, so the chances are it will end up being the 3rd. Admittedly, Friday is normally the release date, but in the case of some major releases, vendors are asked to hold the item back until Monday while it is actually delivered on the Friday. The chances are, you'll be able to get it the same day as the UK retailers.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,074 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

where does it say what the specs for the game are?

oops, never mind. i saw the thread.

around 5 topics down called "doom3 + specs" though to save you the trouble if you have anything below 1,5 gig p4 512meg of ram and a ati 9700pro you shall not be playing

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,731 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Real B-man

wonder will there be a huge promotion at one of the GAME stores in dublin that it might open at midnight or early? probably not only do it for consoles but one hopes

• Registered Users Posts: 6,419 ✭✭✭Doodee

I find it hard to beluieve that you need atleast a Rad 9700 to get decent performance from your machine. When the GF3's came out did MrCarmac not say that it would work no problem on it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

its a conspiracy :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

Well it's a good time to put my 5900 Ultra on sale...look out for it on the forsale forum soon if anyone is intrested :)

CC

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

or maybe id software have it in so bad for ati since the leak of the beta it will run good on a gf3 but u need a radeon 9700 :P

• Advertisement

i dont care i have a 9800 pro :p

you can get 20 fps from a 9000 though so you should get nice proformance out of the 9600pro and 9700pro possible even the 9200

• Registered Users Posts: 674 ✭✭✭Eye

should be fun to see how my 64mb GF3 Ti500 holds up then ;)

it'll probably go crazy and have a small meltdown inside the case :o

roll on august muhahaha!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭[CrimsonGhost]

Well I'll be able to run it defo. Goddam I'm shivering in anticipation.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

Bah, I'm not even going to try running this with a measly gf3 ti200 128mb. Despite my gig of ram and mighty 2.4 ghz cpu.

Curse you John Carmack! Curse your love of vertexs and bump shading! May you die in a badly rendered Atari ST game!**

**Of course this means I really love him and want to marry him and have little demon babies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 394 ✭✭Batbat

Amp I have the same spec as you but I upgraded from the ti4200 to an ATI 9800pro and it made a huge difference, no problems running Far Cry now, although its not a good game

Oh I know, I dream constantly about 9800's and 6800's and other such wonderful numbers. Then I look at the numbers in my bank account :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,951 ✭✭✭L5

I got a p4c 2.4ghz
    1024 RAM
    ATI 9800 pro

Hope thats enough to run it on high settings :/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 394 ✭✭Batbat

I got it for 180 euro, which I thought was good value, its very powerful card

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

/me hugs his P3 800, 768Meg ECC, GF4 Ti4200 64Meg

TO THE DEATH!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

Originally posted by Scruff
    wonder what the xbox version will be like....

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

lol

/me wipes tear of mirth

You're joking right?

That's like a slug asking "Wonder what swimming in this bucket of salt feels like?"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

pft, so 20th century.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

its like running it on your PC syxpak.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,040 ✭✭✭BKtje

People geforc 3's will play the game. Just may have to lower the details a bit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭Deadwing

Originally posted by B-K-DzR
    People geforc 3's will play the game. Just may have to lower the details a bit.

Course itll work on gf3 with reduced settings, itll just look a little like this:
    full01.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,614 ✭✭✭BadCharlie

August hmm that dont give me much time to clear the games im playing at the moment.

Originally posted by Deadwing
    Course itll work on gf3 with reduced settings, itll just look a little like this:
    full01.jpg

lol. I'm sure it'll work but I've been waiting for this for so long that I really don't want to play it without all the whistles and bells and whatnot.

I've merged the two Doom3 threads as they were pretty much identical.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,990 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Although more of a HL2 boy, any idea how my system would cope with Doom 3?

Processor: 2500XP+ (overclocked to 2800)
    Memory: 512MB
    GFX Card: GeForce Ti4200 64MB (which can be overclocked to a Ti4600 I believe).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,563 ✭✭✭leeroybrown

The CPU and RAM are fine. The graphics card will run it but it being a Ti4200 and only having 64Mb, it will slow things down a bit. AFAIK, Doom3 is designed to run on cards with either 128Mb (uses some extra texture compression to fit into the 128Mb properly) or 256Mb of memory. Overclocking the card to a Ti4600 would bring it to around the minimum advised spec but it'll still be low on RAM.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,977 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

The 4200 is supposed to get more frames than the 9600 pro on lower detail!

Advertisement